Western Launch Trailer + DLC info

The DanMan

Fates pack is December, Shadow Dragon is February, and Awakening is March.
Each pack will contain 3 new characters *and history mode maps*, new weapons and costumes, alongside support conversations for the new characters.

Oh, and the Japanese voices will be a free download at launch. 

Nice that we have some more concrete info about the packs.

Since each pack has 3 characters and 3 History Mode maps, what are the chances that each map will be dedicated to a character from the pack?

I've heard about it before, but it's nice to receive confirmation that the DLC characters will have supports. Based on Hyrule Warriors I expect each pack to have plenty of content (though I never bought any of Hyrule Warriors's DLC...), and I look forward to seeing what they include.

40 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Nice that we have some more concrete info about the packs.

Since each pack has 3 characters and 3 History Mode maps, what are the chances that each map will be dedicated to a character from the pack?

I'd say likely.

So, I'm going to adjust my predictions:
Azura is a lock for Fates. I could see Chapter 5 being her map, but also CQ9 (where you explicitly have to rescue/recruit her). Niles and Oboro don't specifically have any maps related to them (though they could slap them in their lord's maps), so it's possible we could get other Fates characters.
With SD, Minerva and Camus are pretty much a given. Navarre has a map tied to him as well, assuming he's part of it.
Awakening has never been easier: Tharja and Gaius. Owain as well.

Edited by The DanMan

Hooray for JP voices! Looks like they are learning, after all.

Slightly concerned that the European trailer did not include that info, but then again the EU trailer did not focus on DLC like the US trailer did, so it'd make sense that the free download wouldn't be mentioned, either.

Three history maps per DLC bodes well for the price/value ratio of the packs.

So I guess the assumption that we would get the JP dub was correct.

I can't wait to see what costumes we get. I'm predicting most will be recoulers. Personally, I'm hoping that the Peg Knights will all get a Whitewing pallete (Or a full on swap like Robin and Corrin) so when Caeda does her Awakening attack with an A+ support with Cordy and Hinoka it's like the WW TA (I predict Caeda-Palla, Cordy-Catria and Hinoka-Est). Also Pantless Marth.

One of those costumes needs to be Summer Freddy! I'll swoon like crazy over that. <3 Well, if his abs are properly defined like in the Heroes art, that is, but it'd be odd not to have that after the artist did such a nice job there. :P And of course, since Freddy is known to exercise like crazy.

Not 20 of my favorite heroes, only...four, I would say (Freddy, Ryoma, Cordelia, Hinoka). But that's good enough right now! :) Can't wait to buy the game in three days!

New weapons? Prf weapons, I suppose. And I guess the new supports are just for the newcomers, which is too bad since I'd have liked to see Caeda and Chrom or Lucina.

Also, please tell me we still are going to get Oboro, Niles, Navarre and Owain.

Do the newcomers come with skills? I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

26 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Azura is a lock for Fates. I could see Chapter 5 being her map, but also CQ10 (where you explicitly have to rescue/recruit her).

Don't you mean chapter 9? Also, she already starts out controllable.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Don't you mean chapter 9? Also, she already starts out controllable.

Gah. That map just doesn't really stick out to me.

Azura is still heavily involved in that map, and you do have to rescue her in a manner.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, wissenschaft said:

Wow, each DLC pack comes with 3 history mode maps. Thats a lot of new content right there. A total of 9 history mode maps we will get. Sweet.

Shit, when I first saw that I assumed they meant each pack will contain one HM map, but three, damn. This makes me happy that HM is smaller than AM in HW since that would be way too much.

More each map, I'm assuming each will correlate to a significant chapter.

For Fates, I think we'll get one from each path, 1 from Birthright, 1 from Conquest and 1 from Revelation.

For SD, I'm thinking, Sable Knights, Talys/Retaking Altea and the final map.

I honestly can't say for Awakening, but I'm hoping for Walhart's map.

Do you guys think this game is worth buying? I initially wasn't too interested but then I heard some of the soundtracks and began to reconsider. Fire Emblem is my favorite VG series so I think I might want to get this game. Plus atm Splatoon 2 is the only game I have on my Switch rn so I'm not using my Switch as much as I'd want to; this game might fix that.

54 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'd say likely.

So, I'm going to adjust my predictions:
Azura is a lock for Fates. I could see Chapter 5 being her map, but also CQ9 (where you explicitly have to rescue/recruit her). Niles and Oboro don't specifically have any maps related to them (though they could slap them in their lord's maps), so it's possible we could get other Fates characters.
With SD, Minerva and Camus are pretty much a given. Navarre has a map tied to him as well, assuming he's part of it.
Awakening has never been easier: Tharja and Gaius. Owain as well.

It could also be possible to have one of the downloadable characters have a role in each map, with the other two getting focus in two of the three maps (while the last one could possibly star a free DLC character or two).

30 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

Do the newcomers come with skills? I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

I don't see any reason for them not to have skills. I think even Navarre, Oboro, Niles and Owain have placeholder skills.

4 minutes ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

Do you guys think this game is worth buying? I initially wasn't too interested but then I heard some of the soundtracks and began to reconsider. Fire Emblem is my favorite VG series so I think I might want to get this game. Plus atm Splatoon 2 is the only game I have on my Switch rn so I'm not using my Switch as much as I'd want to; this game might fix that.

If you're looking for a meaty action/time-management game, Warriors should be a good choice.

Or you could wait until the game comes out to find more reviews/impressions.

There's also Super Mario Odyssey coming out on the 27th if you don't hate 3D platformers.

9 minutes ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

From what I recall, those in Japan seem to be really enjoying it, and that's enough for me to say that it's worth buying if you have interest. I mean, you already have a decent amount of people who've tried it saying it's good.

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I don't see any reason for them not to have skills. I think even Navarre, Oboro, Niles and Owain have placeholder skills.

Just a guess, really. But skills require programming to some extent (as opposed to just data patches; even though skills in this game are things like "ignore enemy defence" which don't take much effort), which I don't see that often in character/skin DLCs.

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

If you're looking for a meaty action/time-management game, Warriors should be a good choice.

Or you could wait until the game comes out to find more reviews/impressions.

There's also Super Mario Odyssey coming out on the 27th if you don't hate 3D platformers.

An Action/time management game sounds like something I'd be interested in. I guess I'll wait and see the reviews like you said.

I'm pretty excited for SMO and will probably buy it. But the game I'm really excited for is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, unfortunately that isn't coming out for another 1 1/2 months.

15 minutes ago, King Aqua Shadow said:

From what I recall, those in Japan seem to be really enjoying it, and that's enough for me to say that it's worth buying if you have interest. I mean, you already have a decent amount of people who've tried it saying it's good.

I guess I'll buy it eventually. Only problem is I already have so many other games to buy/play lol.

44 minutes ago, Thane said:

Neat, I'm glad we got some solid info. Too bad we don't know which characters are in the packs, and that I have to wait until March to stomp fools with Walhart.

As much as I would love that, I wouldn't hold my breath.

My guesses for the characters

If the NPC group is added into a free update

Fates

Azura, Charlotte, Kaze/Jakob

Awakening

Nowi, Tharja, Gaius

Shadow Dragon

Camus, Merric, Minerva

The maps are a big question. I have a feeling they will be attached to the characters of the packs, I highly doubt that 3 characters and 3 maps is a coincidence.

And I cant wait to see the costumes. Hoping for a good mix of interesting and fun costumes.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Gah. That map just doesn't really stick out to me.

Azura is still heavily involved in that map, and you do have to rescue her in a manner.

Yeah. I was more pointing out her initial situation (controllable, but helpless) being more like Tana's in Eph chapter 9 or Lilina's in chapter 8 (minus the imprisonment part).

Now if only the japanese version has an english voice pack as well... i just want to hear leo's english voice again...

Does anyone know if the english dlc is compatible with the japanese version of warriors though? saves me a lot of trouble of making a new nintendo account. I can't really tell if my game is actually chinese version with japanese option or japanese version with chinese options lol...