Holy Blood Rings (FE4 Echoes Idea)

On 10/17/2017 at 11:32 PM, Dandy Druid said:

I feel like giving the player all of the holy weapons the first time around is sort of weird- considering this theme- if we had all the holy weapons, then that means the only ones left to be corrupted is us. But the game doesn't end with tales of corruption so the theme takes a dead stop. I'm emphasizing the first time because players are more likely to be invested into the story. On a New Game+, you're not as worried about the story and just play it for fun.

Have you seen what happens if you kill off every 2nd gen character but Seliph (obviously)? History basically repeats itself.

Onto the topic at hand... while playing FE4, I was kind of mad that certain holy weapons simply can't be used by the player, but looking back, I realized that this really adds to the story. Plus, from a gameplay standpoint, the 2nd gen would be even more broken than before.

To be able to use the holy weapons that can't be used in vanilla FE4 would probably be asking IS to stray too much from the source material, and we CAN'T have that...

However, in my opinion, the best way to allow the player access to these holy weapons would be what others have mentioned, with allowing minor blood the use of them while removing the stat bonuses, turning them simply into better versions of respective silver weapons. Gimmicks like plot rings would kind of subtract from the story...

On 10/23/2017 at 9:16 PM, DolphinDingus said:

Have you seen what happens if you kill off every 2nd gen character but Seliph (obviously)? History basically repeats itself.

Onto the topic at hand... while playing FE4, I was kind of mad that certain holy weapons simply can't be used by the player, but looking back, I realized that this really adds to the story. Plus, from a gameplay standpoint, the 2nd gen would be even more broken than before.

To be able to use the holy weapons that can't be used in vanilla FE4 would probably be asking IS to stray too much from the source material, and we CAN'T have that...

However, in my opinion, the best way to allow the player access to these holy weapons would be what others have mentioned, with allowing minor blood the use of them while removing the stat bonuses, turning them simply into better versions of respective silver weapons. Gimmicks like plot rings would kind of subtract from the story...

Tbh, I'd never bother to wonder what would happen if everyone but Celiph died... Plus I haven't played through a translated ending tbh. hmmmm... this requires another replay.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Tbh, I'd never bother to wonder what would happen if everyone but Celiph died... Plus I haven't played through a translated ending tbh. hmmmm... this requires another replay.

Nobody has played through a translated ending of Fe4; none exists because of how convoluted the ending can be. Serenes has an effective translation if you're willing to sift through all the options.

And yes, the whole continent is messed up again if you play an all subs mix or kill everyone off in the second generation, but it's an FE game, it's pretty much cannon that everyone lives.

1 hour ago, Zasplach said:

Nobody has played through a translated ending of Fe4; none exists because of how convoluted the ending can be. Serenes has an effective translation if you're willing to sift through all the options.

Project Naga translated the ending, and that's been around of over a year.

It works just fine barring a bug or two.