Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

vYf5b0R.png

Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

New tempest trial has just been announced, and it is based on Genealogy. Julia is apparently the final boss, and the final map is based on the Velthomer portion of the final chapter:

On0Huz7.png

Arden is our main tempest reward this time, and sacred coins have been sprinkled among the rest:

5KYxsD6.jpg

40% bonus heroes are Sigurd, Ayra, Deirdre, and Tailtiu;

20% bonus heroes are Arvis, Arden, Eldigan, and Lachesis:

imw9T6F.jpg

This time, the tempest trial is accompanied by a three-person summoning focus: half-siblings Eldigan and Lachesis are joined by the newcomer Ayra!

jEbBtC0.jpg

Show off your Ayras, folks! Ayras and Ardens too. S-supported Ayras and Ardens too.

The tempests opens on Monday the 23rd of October and closes on Monday the 6th of November. Be prepared!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for speculations anymore, Ayra is a pullable unit and is the last 40% bonus unit. Interesting. So instead of making a 4-man banner, they preferred splitting things up.... weird. Maybe they thought, the last banner didn't pull enough attention with only Ike as a 40% unit and people will want to pull on both banners? Devious little buggers. Won't work on me, but surely on whales who want +10 of a "OP" sword unit.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ayra, Arden, or both might be the rewards: data for their 4★ and 5★ versions was found. Or they might be not.

Let’s speculate, shall we?

A quote captured only moments before heartbreak.

At least I have Tailtiu for a +40% unit, now that Seliph is deconfirmed. I also have no reason to use Seliph, so that's neat I guess.

So the 40% selection consists purely of newly introduced units. That's just garbage game design, and basically forces players to get lucky or pay up if they don't want to suffer.

One thing I did notice is that all the bonus units are gen 1 characters, which hints at a separate gen 2 banner+TT, maybe next month? (Ishtar pls)

Ayra being summonable AND sharing a banner with Eldigan is horrible. At the very least I take solace in the fact that I don't have to promote Seliph and waste 20k feathers. 

Might be stuck with Arvis if a 40% unit doesn't show up before the trial though.

I wonder if this means that eventually they'll do a second gen TT since they left out Seliph and Julia. 

It looks like this TT won't be as easy since last time around I could build a balanced team out of bonus units. The selection this time is way too red heavy. XD I doubt I could manage with a 75% red team. I'll have to run Sigurd as my main bonus unit. He'll be good against Julia if she is indeed the final boss. Maybe I'll run Eldigan or Arvis alongside him, since I could get away with running two reds. Then maybe I'll run Brave Lucina and PA!Azura...

I approve of the decision to make this event all Gen 1s. And they've confirmed Ayra is not a seasonal unit. Good luck to everybody pulling reds. I may stop saving and do so myself, as I would appreciate either character.

Welp, no 40% focus unit for me. But I do have Lachesis and Arvis so based on past experience, that's the minimum I'll need for 99999 points without needing stamina potions.

Sacred Coins are confirmed as TT rewards. As is Arden as the TT unit. Can't see enough of the reward list to know if we should expect less feathers, less shards/crystals, etc.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

So the 40% selection consists purely of newly introduced units. That's just garbage game design, and basically forces players to get lucky or pay up if they don't want to suffer.

And that's why it's done, it's a lot more profitable. It's up to the customer, as is often the case, if things like this work or not.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ayra being summonable-only is very uncool. I don’t have orbs, damn it.

Feels bad man. Just wait for all the people to flood in saying they got her on the free pull. 

I mean that's how I got Nephenee and Tana, but shh.

I would say that all bonus units being the first generation of Genealogy would mean that we might get a second generation TT later on, but Julia being the final boss sort of deflates that idea.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Feels bad man. Just wait for all the people to flood in saying they got her on the free pull. 

It’s like I’m back to Celica’s tempest, when everybody and their dog had either her or other 40%s, and I was kicking myself in the head thanks to my Arthurian luck.

At least I wanted to use Arvis anyway.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I would say that all bonus units being the first generation of Genealogy would mean that we might get a second generation TT later on, but Julia being the final boss sort of deflates that idea.

To be fair, the two SoV Tempests both had final bosses that were playable in Celicas route. That doesn't necessarily confirm a Gen 2 Tempest's existence, but... I hope it does.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Maybe they will do a 2nd Gen TT and they can use Julius as the final boss like how we had the BK in the previous one.

Eh, probably won't happen but I can dream. I really do want Julius though. Or Ishtar. I'd like her too.

Edited by Sentinel07

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

One thing I did notice is that all the bonus units are gen 1 characters, which hints at a separate gen 2 banner+TT, maybe next month? (Ishtar pls)

They better not make her summonable again.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Ishtar must be a GHB. Ishtar must be a GHB. Ishtar must be a GHB!

*psychotically rolls into a corner*

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Just checked the twitter account and Google translated the comments. Japanese fanbase is just as pissed off as we are. Hopefully IS will rethink their banner methods.

They had better listen to these complaints. There were so many ways that they could've done this that would've been perfectly fine, and they chose none of them. I wonder if they'll change things before it even starts if they get enough complaints.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So what was all that datamined nonsense about a Seliph and Julia centric TT?

Julia because she's on the Tempest banner, so she was pretty much known to be the boss. Seliph because everyone assumed that he would be a bonus unit because of Julia, and more specifically because they're both in the intro. Never confirmed, just widely assumed.