Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

Oh, right, now that my net isn't arbitrarily down, might as well ask.

I'm going to be using Sigurd and Deirdre (duh). The two remaining units will be two of Arvis, Lachesis and Clive. The former two will be for their stat bonuses, the latter because of his low Merit and potential for supporting Sigurd. Also being blue.

A) Which two of the three should I bring?

B) If I should bring Lachesis, which Assist and Special should I go for?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Oh, right, now that my net isn't arbitrarily down, might as well ask.

I'm going to be using Sigurd and Deirdre (duh). The two remaining units will be two of Arvis, Lachesis and Clive. The former two will be for their stat bonuses, the latter because of his low Merit and potential for supporting Sigurd. Also being blue.

A) Which two of the three should I bring?

B) If I should bring Lachesis, which Assist and Special should I go for?

I'm in a similar situation, my team will be Sigurd, PA!Azura, Arvis and Tana. I was thinking of bringing Lachesis, but I lack rehab fodder for her and Arvis can be easily build to be a healer. His ring makes him better than every Falchion/Renewal user. After maxing HM I will bring Eldigan for Sigurd (or Ayra/Deirdre/Talitlu if I get a lucky pull until then). 

Edited by mampfoid

Well I feel like I been hit by two low blows. The first being instead of summoning on the genealogy banner, I was trying to get my Inigo. So now I have to rely on Lachesis for a  20% multiplier. Stop doing this IS, putting focus units for the Tempest Trials that just came out. The second point is putting Ayra on a different banner, for all of those thinking she was the TT or GHB reward. I want her but I have no orbs.  Either way I have lots of grinding to do.

IS played us dirty with Ayra, I'm really salty at them, but I was lucky with the banner; a free Gray and then friking Ayra appear, I'm still in shock, where was this luck when I pulled for Innes?

Luckily I have Sigurd and Deidre for the TT, also Ayra, I will use these two along with Ninian and Lucius/Lachesis, I have a 4 stars +3 Lachesis, she is useful finally.

Also, I need these delicious feathers for Arvis and these nice coins

Yeah I'm not too happy with Ayra being on a banner. If they'd put her on the Sigurd banner it wouldn't be so bad I think but deliberately holding her back for the next banner and coupling her with old characters just seems a bit scummy to me.

Anyway thankfully I pulled Sigurd so I have a 40% Bonus Character. He'll probably just replace Elincia in my main team for this TT.

Why does Ayra have to come now and steal all the spotlight? *cries* Oh my poor Sigurd, your moment only last 3 days. But no worries, you and your best mate Eldigan will always be proudly presented as my head team, even though thanks to you guys that I haven't got any defense wins yet.

Edited by Okigen

Am I salty that Ayra is on a banner? Yes. But I got her on my free summon so thank god I don't have to support this practice. Add to the fact that now all the 40% bonuses are now new summons and I'm salty as the sea. But whatever. Looks like Seliph and Julia got shafted

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me: "Oh boy, i can't wait to finally get Ayra from either the Tempest Trials or a GHB! She's one of my favorite characters in the series and i can't wait to use her!

Intelligent Systems: "Haha, get baited boi, she's a summon, not free."

LOL, NEVER MIND, I'M A HAPPY BOY NOW

DMgDoeuWkAAC4AI.jpg

DMgExiUVAAAUlkJ.jpg

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

They had better listen to these complaints. There were so many ways that they could've done this that would've been perfectly fine, and they chose none of them. I wonder if they'll change things before it even starts if they get enough complaints.

Hopefully, they'll give us a free Ayra if enough people complain.

I’ve been reading the reactions around and people are very very mad about this even the Japanese Fanbase seems pretty angry. The business around this is frankly scummy and this is an obvious bait and switch, I haven’t seen such an obvious deception get people to open their wallets by IS since Hero Fest 1. But at least with Hero Fest 1 didn’t use their own set precedent to deceive their player base.  This on top of making it so all 40 bonus units are brand new making it so the only way to get one is to be lucky right now.

If you find this at all problematic please don’t support IS monetarily for this action unless you want this to be a thing they do in the future again. Learning that deception benefits them will only lead more in the future. You vote with your wallets people please keep that in mind.

As for me personally I don’t care that much for the banner itself because the last thing on earth I need is more red swords like seriously IS stop giving me Swords would it murder you to do any other color than red. So I’m gonna keep summoning on the Genealogy banner proper for a single 40 bonus unit because because I keep getting off banner units. All I want is one of them I don’t care who it is, so this can be less of a grind, because the grind is torture and I hate this mode. I have upgraded Arvis just in case though in the event I get nothing I guess I’m stuck with 20%.

Edited by Locke087

Well all my orbs will be going to get a 40% unit, I really want Ayra and Sigurd.  The only 20% bonus unit I have is Arvis, this looks like it will be a long hard TT for me.  Well time to train Arvis to 5* for the TT.

Got an Ayra with Spe- and Res+ in my free pull. I just don't know, it is the worst boon/bane she can have. I will keep her and use her in Arena Assault. But nothing more D=. 
Don't need to pull anymore for this. Would pull for more Deirdre anyway.
It's a shame that Ayra's sword is a legendary. I would have given this to Athena.

Edited by Stroud

13 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Got an Ayra with Spe- and Res+ in my free pull. I just don't know, it is the worst boon/bane she can have. I will keep her and use her in Arena Assault. But nothing more D=. 

Since in TT she will get patched up with +4 to all stats, it would be the best place for her. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Since in TT she will get patched up with +4 to all stats, it would be the best place for her. 

True, TT is also a good place for her. Especially to farm Hero Merit. =o
Can't wait for TT anyway because I need to farm more SP for Deirdre.

Jeez, that’s some scummy practice there IS

Annoyed, but I really hope this doesn’t start being a normal thing.

Have cinnamon roll Deirdre for TT, so.

35 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

I’ve been reading the reactions around and people are very very mad about this even the Japanese Fanbase seems pretty angry. The business around this is frankly scummy and this is an obvious bait and switch, I haven’t seen such an obvious deception get people to open their wallets by IS since Hero Fest 1. But at least with Hero Fest 1 didn’t use their own set precedent to deceive their player base.  This on top of making it so all 40 bonus units are brand new making it so the only way to get one is to be lucky right now.

If you find this at all problematic please don’t support IS monetarily for this action unless you want this to be a thing they do in the future again. Learning that deception benefits them will only lead more in the future. You vote with your wallets people please keep that in mind.

You can also send player feedback in-game.

I'm glad the Japanese players seem to also be raising a stink over it. I assume it's all the more likely IS will actually take in the feedback when the Japanese players are just as upset at them.

Wonder what they'll do in place of new seals, then.

I don't see this as a big deal. Of course they want new units to be the bonus units: getting people to pull for them is how they get money. I don't have any of them but it's not even that much of an issue. Arvis and Arden should be enough to get me to 100k. Ayra seeming to be free and then turning out not to be was annoying, but whatever. (Unless she really is available at 4* in the TT, although that could annoy anyone who pulls for her.)

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

You can also send player feedback in-game.

Yeah, despite me easily pulling Ayra from the banner, i already sent IS my player feedback, telling them that i don't want to see that practice done ever again. I told them that if they were to make Ayra a summonable unit, she should've been in the FE4 banner, not in a banner with old units.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, despite me easily pulling Ayra from the banner, i already sent IS my player feedback, telling them that i don't want to see that practice done ever again. I told them that if they were to make Ayra a summonable unit, she should've been in the FE4 banner, not in a banner with old units.

Yup, that's what I did. My 100 orbs for no Arya salt helped too.

I'm kind of worried that if they react/respond that IS will deflect the blame onto datamining. I assume they know of them and they could just blame dataminers for misrepresenting how Ayra would be added. While some people are mad she's not just the TT unit like they thought, indeed due to the datamine, that'd mean IS could ignore the real criticism of her introduction banner's shadiness.

My issue with this isn't even that Arya got put into her own banner, it's that every 40% unit was a new unit.

I guess they wanted this tempest to be gen 1 only but that's dumb! At least put Eldigan into the 40% slot.

I'm glad even Japan is angry about Ayra being a banner unit - alongside old ones and another red unit at that. I forgot to mention the latter in my feedback, but I told them how I felt about Ayra being on a banner despite prior patterns suggesting she'd be a GHB or TT reward. Hopefully this never happens again.

Thankfully, I did get an Ayra after 200 F2P Orbs...after my rate got reset by Gray, Eldigan and Athena. (There are too many swords in more than one 2017 FE game, huh?) Sadly she's +HP/-Def, but at least her Spd and Atk are unaffected...is that a good boon/bane combo?