Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

At the very least, there is no genetic material of Sigurd’s in Julia.

Poor Julia does have to face her parents in my team, though. I'm probably going to stick with Sigurd as the attacker, but that can't be good for her fragile psyche.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd is godly. I think I'm in love. But he's always talking about Deirdre, so I think that's his polite way of telling me to hit the road. I kind of want to support him and Faye. If there  could be conversations, I think there's would go. "Alm Alm Alm Alm." "Deirdre Deirdre Deirdre Deirdre." "Alm alm?" "Deirdre." "ALM!!!!!" "....Deir-" "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLM." 

For now, I'm running Sigurd, Lachesis, Camus, and Cecilia. Sigurd has 140 HM, Lachesis has 580 HM, Camus has a little over 1700 HM, and Cecilia just broke 2k. I'll probably run my horses until they max out. Poor Camus just doesn't see as much action as he used to, so I'm going to finish him off. I use Cecilia regularly, so I'm sure she'll max out HM on her own eventually, but she's just convenient to have around. ...My Lachesis has 50 ATK in the Tempest. It's hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Poor Julia does have to face her parents in my team, though. I'm probably going to stick with Sigurd as the attacker, but that can't be good for her fragile psyche.

She only has to face one of her parents in my team, thanks to Anna.

Is half-daughter even a term? Julia can’t be Sigurd’s step-daughter because he never adopts her. because he is dead

I’m not knowledgeable about terms of relationship that much, and they are even simpler in English than in my language!

Edited by Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Thaťs because they never really brought that up. The by extension relationship actually kinda make Arvis as Seliph... step father? Of sorts on top of the other familial relationship they have

i don't know if it was also in the game, but in the manga arvis didn't aknowledge seliph being a rightful heir to the throne. i do know that in the game arvis knew seliph was sigurd's son, but i'm not sure he knew about seliph being deirde's son before her death

Is half-daughter even a term? Julia can’t be Sigurd’s step-daughter because he never adopts her. because he is dead

I’m not knowledgeable about terms of relationship that much, and they are even simpler in English than in my language!

he did tell seliph to save julia when he appeared to seliph as a ghost. considering that she's the daughter of the woman he loves i guess that he loves julia unconditionally despite her not being his daughter or ever having met her

Edited by silveraura25

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

he did tell seliph to save julia when he appeared to seliph as a ghost. considering that she's the daughter of the woman he loves i guess that he loves julia unconditionally despite her not being his daughter or ever having met her

Fair enough. For Sigurd, Julia is a daughter he wasn’t fortunate to have.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

God, jugdralian familial relationships are confusing. 

That’s why we love them so much!

Damn Arvis just murders Julia thanks to Fury and Axura buffs.

Recovering every turn really helps and Ardent Sacrifice is great in keeping Camus's QR up. 

I think Arvis is going to S support Axura now, they just work so well together.

I feel better about not having a 40% bonus unit now, since Arvis just does really well in this TT. I think I can go focus my orbs on the dancer banner now once I earn enough.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

God, jugdralian familial relationships are confusing. 

need i remind you that cousins can get married in japan. that carried over to genealogy. did you also know that seliph and julia can get married, would't that just mean someone with major loptyr blood wll be born? oh and yuck

need i remind you that cousins can get married in japan. that carried over to genealogy.

didyou also know that seliph and julia can get married, would't that just mean someone with major loptyr blood wll be born? oh and yuck

Cousins getting married was also okay in western world too in the medieval age. And given that FE is quasi-medieval fantasy, Jugdral works well.

I wonder if the glitch is going to stay ifwhen they remake Genealogy.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cousins getting married was also okay in western world too in the medieval age. And given that FE is quasi-medieval fantasy, Jugdral works well.

I wonder if the glitch is going to stay ifwhen they remake Genealogy.

that is true. i'm saying that because of how localisation will screw up a genealogy remake due to western view's of incest. this is a VG series with a age rating unlike GoT which is adult. like how lucina and owain ended up becoming companions instead of marrying like it was in japan

Edited by silveraura25

57 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She is his wife’s daughter.

Whether this makes her his half-daughter or doesn’t, I have no idea.

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

According to the dictionary, Seliph is Arvis's stepson, but Julia isn't Sigurd's stepdaughter because the "step" relationship only applies to previous marriages and Arvis's marriage with Diadora was after Sigurd's.

So I have no idea what Julia is in relationship to Sigurd.

need i remind you that cousins can get married in japan. that carried over to genealogy. did you also know that seliph and julia can get married, would't that just mean someone with major loptyr blood wll be born? oh and yuck

Seliph is major Baldo and minor Naga. Julia is major Naga and minor Fala. There is no Loptyr blood between the two. They are also half-siblings and not cousins.

If they have children, they will probably be major Baldo minor Naga and major Naga minor Baldo with a chance of having the minor blood replaced by Fala in either combination.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

According to the dictionary, Seliph is Arvis's stepson, but Julia isn't Sigurd's stepdaughter because the "step" relationship only applies to previous marriages and Arvis's marriage with Diadora was after Sigurd's.

Seliph is major Baldo and minor Naga. Julia is major Naga and minor Fala. There is no Loptyr blood between the two. They are also half-siblings and not cousins.

If they have children, they will probably be major Baldo minor Naga and major Naga minor Baldo with a chance of having the minor blood replaced by Fala in either combination.

"deleted"

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The demigod of answers doesn't have an answer! Panic and fear! Panic and fear!

Also, this is the second first time someone named Kurth brought enough dragon to beat the game. Thank heavens for adultery, and that's the first and last time you'll ever hear me say that.

@silveraura25 There is apparently some sort of mechanic that keeps only two Holy Bloods around at a time. Honestly, I'm somewhat grateful, because could you imagine the Holy Blooded monstrosities you could get with enough crossbreeding? Julius's grandson could get major Fala and Tordo with minimal effort.

Edited by phineas81707

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Brash Assault 1
Atk Smoke 1
Guidance 1

Alright, I guess it's pretty neat to see Guidance added.

Also, Sigurd is a freaking monster. I've been using him for this TT and he can tank lances surprisingly well. And of course destroys nearly everything with Titania's Hone Cav. And of course the second time it was all Green barring Lilina. Sigurd ate that map alive and can double Julia. Sigod indeed.

It's him, Titania, Ursula and Elise for this round (they do have supports with each other, so that's nice)

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The demigod of answers doesn't have an answer! Panic and fear! Panic and fear!

Also, this is the second first time someone named Kurth brought enough dragon to beat the game. Thank heavens for adultery, and that's the first and last time you'll ever hear me say that.

@silveraura25 There is apparently some sort of mechanic that keeps only two Holy Bloods around at a time. Honestly, I'm somewhat grateful, because could you imagine the Holy Blooded monstrosities you could get with enough crossbreeding? Julius's grandson could get major Fala and Tordo with minimal effort.

i was aware that there were some restrictions to having major holy blood due to julius and julia, but i wasn't aware that applied to minor holy blood

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

i know that they're half siblings. i was warming up the incest themes in the game step by step. tho i didn't know that julia doesn't have loptyr blood. did it get thinned out after arvis having his second child (julia is his third)?

Based on the known characters, a single person only has a maximum of one major bloodline and one minor bloodline.

Because magic exists and works in mysterious ways, bloodlines seem to be able to choose combinations that bolster their chances of having at least one major inheritor, hence how Seliph, Julia, Julius, and Cyas have major Baldo, Naga, Loptyr, and Fala, respectively, exactly one major inheritor per bloodline, despite the clusterfuck happening around Arvis and Diadora.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Based on the known characters, a single person only has a maximum of one major bloodline and one minor bloodline.

Because magic exists and works in mysterious ways, bloodlines seem to be able to choose combinations that bolster their chances of having at least one major inheritor, hence how Seliph, Julia, Julius, and Cyas have major Baldo, Naga, Loptyr, and Fala, respectively, exactly one major inheritor per bloodline, despite the clusterfuck happening around Arvis and Diadora.

thanks. now i know that i can safely ship seliph and julia without the fear of a new dark lord being born

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

thanks. now i know that i can safely ship seliph and julia without the fear of a new dark lord being born

Among the survivors of FE4, only Cyas is known to have any Loptyr blood in him. As long as you make sure he doesn't have any kids, things should be fine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Among the survivors of FE4, only Cyas is known to have any Loptyr blood in him. As long as you make sure he doesn't have any kids, things should be fine.

saias x mareeta is a thing among the FE community

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Among the survivors of FE4, only Cyas has any Loptyr blood in him. As long as you make sure he doesn't have any kids, things should be fine.

I feel like that set up a plot thread for another Jugdral game in the future.

"Goddammit, Cyas, did you seriously go and have two kids?"
"Yes, Seliph, why shouldn't I have?"
"You've still got the you-know-what!"
"Oh, what are the odds my kids will fall in love and marry each other? ...You did burn the book this time, right?"
"What?"

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

saias x mareeta is a thing among the FE community

Mareeta is major Od, so they’ll be fine.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably nothing beyond daughter of his wife.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I feel like that set up a plot thread for another Jugdral game in the future.

"Goddammit, Cyas, did you seriously go and have two kids?"
"Yes, Seliph, why shouldn't I have?"
"You've still got the you-know-what!"
"Oh, what are the odds my kids will fall in love and marry each other? ...You did burn the book this time, right?"
"What?"

"what book? julia did all the fighting. i was useless against him because i'm shit in heroes and tyrfing doesn't do jack shit. wasn't julius an evil guy who killed puppies when he was a kid, right julia?"
"no, the necronomicon made him evil"

apparently, kaga wanted to do three generations for genealogy, but due to the limits of the snes it was toned down to two gens

Mareeta is major Od, so they’ll be fine.

Probably nothing beyond daughter of his wife.

larcei can potentially be major od. mareeta is minor od

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Galzus is major Od, IIRC. Unless he had other children, Mareeta should also be major Od.

what!!!!!! nani!!!!! how do i not know this