Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Already? I don't think I'm in that ballpark with my 40%ers. Then again, I don't like doing Lunatic 7s...

I only do Lunatic 7s. It’s the most efficient thing for me anyway. If the team can beat L7 (and usually easily), why wouldn’t I?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I only do Lunatic 7s. It’s the most efficient thing for me anyway. If the team can beat L7 (and usually easily), why wouldn’t I?

For me it comes down to grind. Once I start feeling the grind by battle 3 or 4 from the 100 stamina we have I get rather bleh. Meaning I am prone to making stupid small mistakes that can absolutely wreck a run or have no effect at all. On L5 a small goof is usually not run ending. And since I want to try and get all the orbs this time I am using Auto Battle as suggested in the thread I made last time. And Auto Battle absolutely needs the wiggle room offered by L5. Though it still manages to wipe or come close to wiping 2 or 3 teams on a startling number of occasions. 

1 minute ago, Usana said:

And since I want to try and get all the orbs this time I am using Auto Battle as suggested in the thread I made last time.

If I wanted the game to play itself, I wouldn’t have been playing FE series.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm doing the same, its the best way to raise score and to collect some HM on the way. 

8 minutes ago, Usana said:

For me it comes down to grind. Once I start feeling the grind by battle 3 or 4 from the 100 stamina we have I get rather bleh. Meaning I am prone to making stupid small mistakes that can absolutely wreck a run or have no effect at all. On L5 a small goof is usually not run ending. And since I want to try and get all the orbs this time I am using Auto Battle as suggested in the thread I made last time. And Auto Battle absolutely needs the wiggle room offered by L5. Though it still manages to wipe or come close to wiping 2 or 3 teams on a startling number of occasions. 

If you make a mistake, then your first team dies. So what? Even with a with survival rank B, you should reach a score of 676 (if you got a 40% hero and speed rank A). Maximum for lunatic/5 is 504. 

I don't like Auto Battle. Tried it one time and in the end I would spend almost the same time supervising the AI while reaching a lower score. 

To be honest, to get the real FE4 feel, they should have made the final map huge, so you had to spend 8 turns just to reach the castle.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

And auto-battle is going HORRIFIC. The AI likes to throw Eldigan up against Mathildas and Oscars(at least I think it was Oscar. Sapphire Lance anyways). Mathilda ain't too bad if Eldigan initiates but apparently if you have the choice between baiting her with Summer Robin or Eldigan you should use Eldigan. Oh and Deirdre should go up alone and target Ruby Seth and Triangle Selena. That'll work GREAT! With such brilliance I just can't imagine it ever losing!

The AI doesn't know how to bait, just how to attack. If an enemy exists in attack range, it will attack (barring the existence of assist skills), and if there is no enemy in attack range, it will move your units as close to the opponent as possible.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be honest, to get the real FE4 feel, they should have made the final map huge, so you had to spend 8 turns just to reach the castle.

I don't think my srceen would support a map like that 

17 hours ago, Othin said:

Between Atk Ploy, Distant Def, and now Guidance, I'm surprised by how many 5* exclusive skills are getting made into Sacred Seals.

I'm really glad they decided to put so many 5* skills in the game as seals because it helps lessen one of the main issue I have with this game : the growing pool of 5* exclusives. Sure, it's still really hard to get a Celica or a Tana, but now I have access to Distant Defense and Guidance on other units without having to pull and/or sacrifice those units. Sure I can only it on one unit, but it's better than having 0 source of those skills.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm doing the same, its the best way to raise score and to collect some HM on the way. 

I stopped doing Lunaitc 7 after the two first run of the day last TT because the maps were such a pain and doing seven of them in a row got annoying. It was less stamina or time efficient, but I had more fun doing lunatic 5 or hard 5 over and over. I also fully trained my two BK using the TT. It made the entire thing much less of a grind and more enjoyable to do.

I don't have the same problem this tempest however and have been using Lunatic 7 for every run. Having 2 bonus units on the team in Arvis and Ayra probably helps.

Got Brash Assault and decided to stick it on Titania since she's already running Fury/Desperation.

Currently running Arvis/Oscar/Titania/Inigo. I want to add Arden when I get his 5* version, but both him and Arvis being red is a bit annoying.

Got the Atk smoke seal, I need to get the 5* Arden at the end of the day to keep my schedule. Also I really hope to get Deirdre soon, Bike isn't very far from maxing his HM and my Julia isn't that good as a replacement due to -Atk.

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Also I really hope to get Deirdre soon, Bike isn't very far from maxing his HM and my Julia isn't that good as a replacement due to -Atk.

My Soren is at 3,000 HM. Deirdre, come home soon!

My Eldigan is at 3,000 HM. Sigurd, come home soon!

My Olwen is at 2,967 HM. Tailtiu, come home soon!

Even my Arvis is at 1,464 HM already. Ayra, come home soon!

I need everybody :(

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

My Soren is at 3,000 HM. Deirdre, come home soon!

My Eldigan is at 3,000 HM. Sigurd, come home soon!

My Olwen is at 2,967 HM. Tailtiu, come home soon!

Even my Arvis is at 1,464 HM already. Ayra, come home soon!

I need everybody :(

I have some candidates in the queue, but I'm a little tight on 5* mages. Celica still can collect some HM, but then I would run two reds and no healer. NS!Corrin (-ATK, Blarblade) doesn't deal enough damage without Hone Fliers, not to mention Merric ... 

BH!Ike or Michalis can take the green spot for Anna. Camus will come in for Tana, perhaps I'll promote Valter finally (but I lack fury fodder). Fliers give an huge advantage on many of these maps. 

I'm not sure what to do when Sigurd will max HM (currently 1,700), since he is my only 40% unit. Seems Eldigan will remain in team 2. 

I'm surprised at my Ayra/Lancina/Arvis/Deirdre team.  Ayra has mostly been a Reposition bot with maybe one kill every other map.  Same with Lancina with her speed, killing on fewer maps but more kills per map when she does kill.  The MVP is definitely Arvis thus far, with Deirdre in 2nd place (would probably be doing better than Arvis if she weren't -ATK).

The good thing about this TT is there's no REALLY bad or annoying map in this run (for example, the 10-5 Ike map where you have to bait the enemies).

The closet thing is probably the Eldigan/Lachesis paralogue map with those trees and if there is cavalry.

So yeah I could do all 7-Lunatic runs if I wanted to all the way through with Arvis, but I'm also having fun training up a Cordelia/Takumi in Lunatic 5 and getting my 4 star lachesis some Hero Merit. Also because Camus and Brave Lyn already maxed HM so I'll just use them in the bonus points round

I wish there were more orbs prizes scattered throughout the points- most of the orbs are after the Guidance SS

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The good thing about this TT is there's no REALLY bad or annoying map in this run (for example, the 10-5 Ike map where you have to bait the enemies).

The closet thing is probably the Eldigan/Lachesis paralogue map with those trees and if there is cavalry.

So yeah I could do all 7-Lunatic runs if I wanted to all the way through with Arvis, but I'm also having fun training up a Cordelia/Takumi in Lunatic 5 and getting my 4 star lachesis some Hero Merit. Also because Camus and Brave Lyn already maxed HM so I'll just use them in the bonus points round

I wish there were more orbs prizes scattered throughout the points- most of the orbs are after the Guidance SS

I'm not a fan of the lava map.  It can be a real pain, if you don't have multiple ranged units and the enemy does.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm not a fan of the lava map.  It can be a real pain, if you don't have multiple ranged units and the enemy does.

I just use Fury Arvis or my Archer to bait any ranged unit on the right side.

Otherwise I have a dancer to eliminate someone first before they move.

The Sacred Stone map where Eirkia/Ephraim was is actually pretty fun when I use my Drag Back Cordelia, especially when she retreats in the mountains going 'nanana can't get me!'. Pretty important because of her Frailty and being a 4 star.

The Seliph/Julia map with the mountains is probably one of the easiest though. Just delete the unit on the left (bonus points if they're ranged and you have a melee unit trap them just in case you can't ORKO)

I am at 26,487 and I will do a couple of more runs tonight.  I use TT to train units, so I do the lower levels but it is so good for training.  I will train Arden once I get his 5* version tomorrow.

On account 1, my team is Sigurd, Lachesis, Cecilia, and Camus. Cecilia is nice to have for taking out colorless units. ...I finally broke down and sacrificed a Serra to give Lachesis Recover. I think it's finally beat out Rehabilitate for my favorite healing skill. Physic is useful in the training tower when I have a bunch of buffers huddled around a unit and can't heal. But it's not nearly useful enough in the TT. But my Lachesis and her 50 ATK.... XD I have one more extra Genny, but it's not quite tempting enough to sacrifice her for this. I managed to get the Brash Assault seal, so I may stick it on someone...maybe on my -SPD Sigurd for now.

On account 2, I'm running Sigurd, Boey, Cordelia, and Brave Lyn simply because they're the only units I have at a high enough level to run the upper stratums. I'm probably going to take this opportunity to level characters instead of get rewards (even though I'll try to get as many rewards as possible in the meantime). I managed to snag 4 star Arden from the TT and 3 star Arvis from the GHB, so at least I can give them some time to shine.

Went in with Sigurd, Shigure, Soren, and Brave Lyn (maybe I should use Saizo for the theme?).  Ahem. . .

- Sigurd is a wall.  Miracle is stupid good on him.  He'll quietly learn Bonfire.
- Even without an A skill, Shigure's doing an excellent job.  He quite literally brought Sigurd back from the brink of death.
- Soren is 4*, and was nigh unusable until I slapped Life and Death 2 on him.  He's now capable of nuking things.
- Lyn's just here because she needs SP.

Thanks to Sigurd being so tanky, I can safely bait things, then have someone else finish.

EDIT: This is why video games are a form of entertainment, not life advice:

Spoiler

oEzOxBL.jpg

This is also how NOT to tickle your kids.

Edited by eclipse

33k now. Arvis, Tailtiu, Deirdre and Inigo for an all mage, 3 bonus team. The only units I have trouble with are Niles, Felicia and Innes for obvious reasons, though all archers are rather annoying due to low Def on everyone.