Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

5 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Currently sitting at exactly 39,999 points and I don't know whether to be impressed or annoyed since I'm out of stamina and don't want to use a pot. 

Had the same problem yesterday evening at 29,998. 

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not a fan of the lava map.  It can be a real pain, if you don't have multiple ranged units and the enemy does.

I try to bring at least one Flier, helps in many situations like this. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently sitting at slightly OVER 9000!!!!!, My primary team consists of Legion who has a brave axe+ (Grinding for moon bow Sp.), Nephenee (Who just kills things), Arvis (for the sweet score boost and the sustain his ring provides) and Inigo (Cause dancer and he needs Sp for TA) quite happy with them, they can get through with A in all categories on Lunatic 7

@phineas81707 Speaking of trust: Of course I make these mistakes when there is the daily multiplier: Only opposing Seliph is left on the map and Sigurd is standing in his range. Because Sigurd is unlikely to kill him on EP, I decide to let Anna beam in and drag Sigurd out of range. Whyever, I let her drag him to the wrong side which brings her (1 HP) directly in front of Seliphs ready sword *sigh*. I could finish the last 3 maps anyway, thus reaching the max score, but I could have saved me the sweat and some of Annas trust. 

This reminds me how strong this team is. Sigurd (Double S-Support, Distant Counter, Bonfire) can tank anything (better no Saphire lances of course) and kills most things (few lances) with his counter. Arvis can tank all grey (except Klein), green, red and most blue ranged units (all, if at full/almost full HP). Tana can tank all red and blue physical units (better not Oscar). Anna can tank mages and blue physicals on the first maps, later I run her on low HP for ER/Desperation. 

My strategy is simple: If no baiting is necessary, Arvis attacks which 

• lowers opponents HP,
    • who kills himself on EP
    • Anna beams in to finish the job
  • kills the opponent and is brought to safety if necessary

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The AI doesn't know how to bait, just how to attack. If an enemy exists in attack range, it will attack (barring the existence of assist skills), and if there is no enemy in attack range, it will move your units as close to the opponent as possible.

I'm afraid my sarcasm didn't project through the internet very well. Yeah I know the AI is dumb as a box of rocks. But it just frustrates me, so I had to vent. Particularly since I had just spent 20+ turns fighting the manakete squad and they just would not rush in to their demise, or at least Y!Tiki and Fae wouldn't. They were almost, almost mind you, intelligent in that they kept moving around so that my blues would hit Fae and my greens Y!Tiki. So that particular scenario(which was mostly caused by the fact that I had no units that could tank a hit except under specific situations involving a defense tile and I needed the manaketes to not be on a defense tile), made me feel as if Auto-Battle is the AI's mentally challenged little brother. So venting I a go.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm doing the same, its the best way to raise score and to collect some HM on the way. 

If you make a mistake, then your first team dies. So what? Even with a with survival rank B, you should reach a score of 676 (if you got a 40% hero and speed rank A). Maximum for lunatic/5 is 504. 

I don't like Auto Battle. Tried it one time and in the end I would spend almost the same time supervising the AI while reaching a lower score. 

The real problem isn't the survival rank, but rather the speed rank. It isn't uncommon for it to drop to 1.2 when I end up struggling due to tinsy mistake such as thinking Summer Robin could survive two hits from Subaki. At which point the points from L5 are close and it is a much less time consuming run and more forgiving in general which lets me train my units up as a fringe benefit.

And yeah that last point is definitely my problem with auto-battle. So I am probably 3/4 manual and 1/4 auto right now, but my score is definitely suffering because I really dislike playing the same exact thing over and over and over and over and over. And enjoyment is obviously why I play, but I also want those rewards so I was so hoping the autobattle trick would work as mentioned elsewhere. But apparently my personality isn't one that can stand Artificial Stupidity doing its thing.

Still I am at 21,000 right now so I imagine I won't be leaving behind orbs this time. That is what I really care about.

4 minutes ago, Usana said:

[...]

The real problem isn't the survival rank, but rather the speed rank. It isn't uncommon for it to drop to 1.2 when I end up struggling due to tinsy mistake such as thinking Summer Robin could survive two hits from Subaki. At which point the points from L5 are close and it is a much less time consuming run and more forgiving in general which lets me train my units up as a fringe benefit.

And yeah that last point is definitely my problem with auto-battle. So I am probably 3/4 manual and 1/4 auto right now, but my score is definitely suffering because I really dislike playing the same exact thing over and over and over and over and over. And enjoyment is obviously why I play,  [...]

Yes, the speed rank suffers faster and has a bigger impact. 4 turns to solve each map is doable in most cases, but it depends on your strategy and units. 

I agree on the grind part, one week long TTs are much more enjoyable. At least they could change the maps every some days. 

Yeah the speed thing is fine as long as I don't make a mistake, but once a mistake has been made and I am down a unit or two suddenly speed rank plummets. makes me wish the survival rank was bigger but took into account each unit you lost rather than each team. As it is though my stubbornness in attempting to win regardless of who I have left hurts my score. I mean I once made a mistake on map 3? and lost Eldigan and S!Robin. So all the remaining maps were dealt with with Deirdre and Arvis. And I managed it. But I had the lowest speed score I ever saw since it took real careful play to pull off(and luck in the units I faced). That just makes the L7 feel very unrewarding to me. Whereas on L5 if I manage to lose a unit I can still get full speed ranks with a bit of luck. And if not it is a B rather than a nearly guaranteed D rank on L7 once things turn pear-shaped.

So I put the Atk Smoke seal on Arvis just to make him even more of a team supporter/enemy debuffer. (was running Breath of Life before)

The results are quite amusing to be honest. So many seals to upgrade not sure if I should upgrade the new Brash Assault seal first, Hardy Bearing, Atk Ploy or the Atk/Spd+3.

25k now, just going to try and get 5 star Arden within the next day. Then I can finally use my recent Swap/Pivot.Ward Armour fodder that I just happened to summon a week before TT. The game is prepping me to use Arden!

I'm over 42k points now. Deirdre is full of SP and I also trained Arden to lv 40.
I try to remain under place 5k. Need them feathers for Gwendolyn merges. But I also see that I wait until next Tuesday with my feathers. It would be a problem if I don't have a bonus unit next week.

Just hit 20k, aiming for 22.5k today to stay on pace for 5* Arden tomorrow and 100k by the end.

I'm surprised how far ahead a lot of people are getting. I don't see the hurry.

Well I got 5* Arden this morning and I will start using him as soon as Selena reaches level 40 which will be soon since she is at 38 right now.  I used the free 5* Hawkeye I pulled yesterday to give Arvis DB3 because I don't feel like making him a healer and he is my best red mage, I love the results.  Arvis shredding everything in his path is so fun to watch.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

I finally drug myself to 30,000 about an hour ago so I have my 5* Arden now. I started out using a team of Arvis/Ephraim (Cordelia replaced him after he hit max merits)/Summer!Elise/Azama which performed reasonably well but have since switched to Arvis/my new Reinhardt/Klein/Inigo and have gotten nothing but A/A runs since. Now that I just finished up grinding Ayra, she'll be taking Arvis's spot on the team whenever I get back in there. I certainly can't wait to unleash her and her 56/47 offensive spread onto the world, heh heh.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm surprised how far ahead a lot of people are getting. I don't see the hurry.

The Holy War banner ends in five days, so they could be rushing to get all the orb rewards to do some more summons, or want to get ahead of the curve for ranking feathers. I'm in the former group since I'd still like to pull Deirdre.

I haven't used a Desperation mage since the first TT, but using Tailtiu is bringing back fond memories of 1 HP Nino soloing entire maps. I got Arden and Eldigan built up already, so I might try different teams once I get all the rewards or Tailtiu maxes her HM, whichever comes first.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The Holy War banner ends in five days, so they could be rushing to get all the orb rewards to do some more summons, or want to get ahead of the curve for ranking feathers. I'm in the former group since I'd still like to pull Deirdre.

I haven't used a Desperation mage since the first TT, but using Tailtiu is bringing back fond memories of 1 HP Nino soloing entire maps. I got Arden and Eldigan built up already, so I might try different teams once I get all the rewards or Tailtiu maxes her HM, whichever comes first.

Makes sense. I did the same thing in August to try to sink as many TT orbs as possible into getting Ike from the Hero Fest banner. (It didn't work.)

The FE4 banner is cool, but I'm not that inspired by any of the new summonable characters, personally. Dierdre would be nice, but I have a lot of green mages already. Maybe I'll make a last-minute rush for her if the new banner doesn't have anything I need, though.

I'm at 42,544 now and for the first time in this TTs I had to bring a third team in lunatic/7 (had to bring the second team only a handful of times). Made some stupid mistakes, perhaps I'm tired. Time for team evil soon. 

@Othin I won't have much time to play in this weekend and most of the next week. That's what I like in TT and dislike in the voting gauntlets, you can concentrate on some time frames you choose by yourself. 

I haven't even hit 20K yet.  I really need a speed buffer on my team, because Soren's missing some doubles.  Might swap out Lyn's Atk Smoke, despite the fact that it keeps Sigurd alive.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I haven't even hit 20K yet.  I really need a speed buffer on my team, because Soren's missing some doubles.  Might swap out Lyn's Atk Smoke, despite the fact that it keeps Sigurd alive.

Maybe try Darting Blow?

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No fodder.  I can't pull Florina to save my life.

No Rebecca/Tharja either? Depending on how much speed you need, Speed + 3 from Fir might do the job. Fury works too but given that you've only mentioned speed, it might not be worth the investment just for TT. If none of these work then you'll have to resort to Matthew or Eirika. There's always Spur Speed 3 but only Marth has that at 4*. 

Just now, tobuShogi said:

No Rebecca/Tharja either? Depending on how much speed you need, Speed + 3 from Fir might do the job. Fury works too but given that you've only mentioned speed, it might not be worth the investment just for TT. If none of these work then you'll have to resort to Matthew or Eirika. There's always Spur Speed 3 but only Marth has that at 4*. 

Can't pull them, either.  The last Darting Blow need I had was filled by Valter, of all people.

For doubling, I'd need Speed +6.  Life and Death 2 gives Speed +4, which isn't quite enough.  Ideally, I'd have Hone Speed on top of Darting Blow.  Soren at 4* doesn't exactly have OHKO stats.

This TT is going to be really handy for grinding Arden. I need another 700 or so SP on him to finish his basic build, but then more to gain an armour team build. It would be much easier if I was merging him but I don't have the feathers for that just now, so that will have to come in the future.