Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

So is this TT dragging along for anyone who else? I typically get through these pretty quick, at least as far as special rewards go with units and seals. But this time around it just seems to be going slow. Dragging along. 

So far only at 17k. Kind of want the guidance seal, but at the same time with how much it’s taken me to get to 17k it’s going to be a long ride.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

So is this TT dragging along for anyone who else?

This set of maps is rather nice for me, no such bullshit like Arena Ferox or Ram Valley. Lack of a 40% bonus unit hurts me greatly though, I’ve just breached 42.5k with Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Deirdre.

Tempest is actually my favourite game mode among all available. It’s grindy, yes, but the map variance is broad enough to only get stale relatively slowly.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This set of maps is rather nice for me, no such bullshit like Arena Ferox or Ram Valley. Lack of a 40% bonus unit hurts me greatly though, I’ve just breached 42.5k with Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Deirdre.

Tempest is actually my favourite game mode among all available. It’s grindy, yes, but the map variance is broad enough to only get stale relatively slowly.

I do find the maps really easy, up until the final one. The final one seems to really destroy my stuff, especially with how charged up Julia is stat wise. I don’t have too many Issues gettin through it, but it’s definitely one of the more frustrating final maps for me. 

Part of my issue is I am not big on the sacred coins replacing orbs. Orbs enticed me a bit more to really grind through it,  but now they are really spread out. 

That and I lack any 40%, and my only 20 is Arvis. Which is nice because he is a great unit, but also sucks because it’s going a lot slower compared to the previous banners.

Edited by Tolvir

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Part of my issue is I am not big on the sacred coins replacing orbs. Orbs enticed me a bit more to really grind through it,  but now they are really spread out. 

But orbs didn’t get replaced by coins. We had 42 orbs before, and we have 42 orbs now. Coins replaced some of the shards and crystals.

Orbs are in the same places as they were before.

Edited by Vaximillian

Wow, Sigurd with TT buffs + DD seal trivializes every map. He's nearly invincible unless more than one spear gangs up on him (which shouldn't happen anyway except under AI control). I'm glad to finally have a 40% bonus unit and especially glad that it's him.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But orbs didn’t get replaced by coins. We had 42 orbs before, and we have 42 orbs now. Coins replaced some of the shards and crystals.

Orbs are in the same places as they were before.

Really? They seem more spread out to me. But if it’s the same total then that is fine. 

Edit: correction. We have 43 orbs. They seem to be up towards the higher numbers though, past 20k it goes to 3 and 1every other time. So you are right, same amount roughly.

Edited by Tolvir

Just hit 30K in time for tomorrow's double SP weekend. That plus the TT bonus is how I'll raise Arden, but I probably won't use him in runs. Keeping with my current strategy, Arvis won't max HM by the time I've hit 99999 points. Still appreciating the rewards though. I need to decide where this next 20K feathers is going by tomorrow.

Just hit 19k. Going to wait for bonus tomorrow to go further. Really after orbs for all this, since PA drained all of my orbs (and for no reward in return, not even a 5 star). Though attack smoke seems interesting, and guidance is pretty cool (if only I had a good flier for it).

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Just hit 30K in time for tomorrow's double SP weekend. That plus the TT bonus is how I'll raise Arden, but I probably won't use him in runs. Keeping with my current strategy, Arvis won't max HM by the time I've hit 99999 points. Still appreciating the rewards though. I need to decide where this next 20K feathers is going by tomorrow.

You could always save up your feathers for a bit. I tend to save them up for a while and advance units in bulk, once I have an idea of what I want to throw together.

Currently at almost 27k rolling with 4* Arvis as my bonus unit, so I should be able to get 5* Arden just in time for double SP weekend tomorrow. Probably going to be spending most of my stamina leveling up both him and the PA!Azura I pulled recently though, so won't be focusing on Tempest Trials too much during the next couple of days.

Just now, Tolvir said:

Just hit 19k. Going to wait for bonus tomorrow to go further. Really after orbs for all this, since PA drained all of my orbs (and for no reward in return, not even a 5 star). Though attack smoke seems interesting, and guidance is pretty cool (if only I had a good flier for it).

You could always save up your feathers for a bit. I tend to save them up for a while and advance units in bulk, once I have an idea of what I want to throw together.

Haha, I've never had 40K feathers in my possession at any point. I've saved over a hundreds orbs on several occasions, but I can't save feathers even if my life depended on it. But you're right though, I have some projects that require some 5 star fodder I ought to finally finish. Mainly blade tomes. But getting a new 5 star is just so enticing.

Team evil is doing well so far, but Sigurd is near max HM so I'll have to think what to do next. Siggi is my only 40% unit, but why waste good HM feathers if the feather rewards for TT ranking goes only so far? 

Since Desperation/Brash Assault works fine on Valter, I'll probably do the same on Eldigan (too bad I'm a little short on Maes and Shannas, I would like to do that for some other slow units) who will replace Siggi. Without the BA seal, I should replace Valter as well, perhaps with Camus. 

Would calling Eldigan/Arvis/Camus/Michalis "team evil" be valid? 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Would calling Eldigan/Arvis/Camus/Michalis "team evil" be valid? 

A bit of a stretch, IMO. Team Eeeevillll! would be more fitting if the team consists of Gharnef, Manfroy, etc.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

A bit of a stretch, IMO. Team Eeeevillll! would be more fitting if the team consists of Gharnef, Manfroy, etc.

Ok, then I need a new theme. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid @Roflolxp54: A random thought: can we actually make a Team Camus from the units currently in the game?

Unfortunately I don't know any other FE game than Heroes yet, thus I don't have any Idea how most of the chars are related ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Camus, Arvis, Eldigan, Reinhardt. Two reds, two blues, two melees, two rangeds, and enough precious horses for you?

Can Arvis be classified as Camus anyway? And aha, I missed Reinhardt indeed.

@mampfoid: Forgot about that too. Staring at Caeda blowing up fools with wo dao-Glacies seems to have frozen my brains.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Arvis was certainly the most despicable of the four Camuses in that team, but I'd almost dare to say that he was the most moral of the bunch. Shame about his kid being medieval Satan and having his Golden Age swept from under him.

Lloyd and Xander are probably the next best picks, at any rate.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Arvis was certainly the most despicable of the four Camuses in that team, but I'd almost dare to say that he was the most moral of the bunch. Shame about his kid being medieval Satan and having his Golden Age swept from under him.

Lloyd and Xander are probably the next best picks, at any rate.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid: Forgot about that too. Staring at Caeda blowing up fools with wo dao-Glacies seems to have frozen my brains.

Arvis is definitely a Hardin. He's actually one of the most obvious thing that FE4 stole from FE3

And before anyone mentioned that, yes including the incest. DEFINITELY including the incest

Xander, Camus, Lloyd, and Reinhardt, Eldigan gave you 5 units though

FE6 addition to Camus archetype would be fun since we have Magical Camus, Dragon Camus, Totally Camus but not actually Camus but really Etrurian Scamus and Armor Camus

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Uggh, Wings of Mercy is probably the biggest killer against me. Yes I am careful on the offense, but there are times when I can't score the kill on the bait. Mostly involving Lucina. At which point Cain warps in and gives Dierdre a close shave with his brave sword. Guy really needs to work on his technique. Shaving shouldn't take one's head off. 

Yeah, WoM is annoying because I always forget that the enemies have it. I usually just stay out of the enemy range so this skill tends to catch me off guard. 

I also think units with brave weapons are hard to deal with in TT because most of the time I don't have the bulky units to tank them. I say that but I have my Lukas lure out Klein's supported by Spur Defense 3. Funny enough, my Arvis went down against a Gordin because I forgot to heal him and he attacked Gordin with his AoE special ready activating Gordin's Vantage. 

@Usana @tobuShogi I've had my WoM moment today. Usually I check for Palla, Frederick and Faye. Didn't think of anything by baiting Matthew with my Arvis, who debuffed him with his tome. Deal breaker was Clair who happened to have Harsh command equipped and used it on Matthew, who then barely survived his attack on Arvis to let Frederick beam in. 

Also forgot one time Gordins Vantage. Reinhardt, who is no problem in this TT (Sigurd and Arvis counter-bait him to well), got me one time with his Vantage as well. 

Brave users aren't a big deal for my current team. Valter took 1+1 damage by debuffed Elincia, Michalis a few more by Abel, and Raven is not baited but one-rounded by Sigurd or Arvis. 

Edited by mampfoid
Brave

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Usana @tobuShogi I've had my WoM moment today. Usually I check for Palla, Frederick and Faye. Didn't think of anything by baiting Matthew with my Arvis, who debuffed him with his tome. Deal breaker was Clair who happened to have Harsh command equipped and used it on Matthew, who then barely survived his attack on Arvis to let Frederick beam in. 

Also forgot one time Gordins Vantage. Reinhardt, who is no problem in this TT (Sigurd and Arvis counter-bait him to well), got me one time with his Vantage as well. 

Brave users aren't a big deal for my current team. Valter took 1+1 damage by debuffed Elincia, Michalis a few more by Abel, and Raven is not baited but one-rounded by Sigurd or Arvis. 

Funny enough, those were the three that I got on the last map. 

I can definitely say Harsh Command catches me off guard. I might remove the Atk Smoke seal from Arvis but it hasn't done me harm yet. The main problem I see with WoM is that my team except for the healer is interdependent so if one goes down, that team is pretty much done. 

I use to dread facing Reinhardt and Olwen but they tend to get sub par passives so it's just a matter of having a unit with enough Attack to take them down in 2 hits for me. As for actual problem units, units with high Res like Sanaki, Niles, Innes, and Felicia etc. are units I have to play around. Niles is the worst for me because he comes with Killer Bow so pretty much annoying tanking him needs to survive his special if the defending unit can counter.     

Edited by tobuShogi

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Can Arvis be classified as Camus anyway?

Not really. He is more of a misguided villain, not a loyal knight that devotes himself for his faction. Eldigan and Reinhardt are the 'Camus' of their games while Arvis goes more into the direction of Michalis or Zephiel.

If you really want to stress the frame BK is kinda a Camus but Eldigan, Reinhardt, Xander and of course himself are the better representatives.

Yeah for me it is always the baiting. A lot of the units I am using apparently lack the power to one-shot after baiting so I finish the bait on player phase. But of course wings of mercy mucks that all up.

As for random passives!

Hector will let nothing obstruct him! And yes the wording is intentional.

KF9BL4m.png

This tempest is definitely slower for me without a 40% unit and I've no intention of going back into the FE4 banner with a neutral percentage rate. That being said I'm using this as an opportunity.

I finally fixed my -ATK/HP Frederick and turned him into a +ATK/-HP +2 Frederick with Brave Axe+/DB2/Repo and Bonfire. At the same time I just got Reinhardt (+SPD/-RES) and slapped the ATK+3 Seal/DB3/LB3/Draw Back and Draconic Aura on him. I trained them both up in tempest and am running Reinhardt/Frederick/Xander/Arvis.

Fred and Rein nuke everything while being Hone Cav'd by Xander who steps in for occasional enemy phasing and Arvis heals with Repo Aid, Occasionally mops up stragglers and typically finishes Julia. This is actually a whole lot easier than the Xander/Camus/Brave Lyn/Arvis team I was running before and I'm getting more consistent A/A runs while also getting more HM than before.