Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

Finally I got back on track. I had to kill like 10 stamina pots but I'm at 75k right now. I'm around 4k rank which means that probably the top 1k are well beyond 100k. I believe the end goal for top 1k will be something between 170 and 210k.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training Rein, Frederick and Arden in the tempest helped me get more or less back up to speed. I'm at 45k now which is decent without a 40% unit I think. Not aiming for rank this time, just want to collect the rewards comfortably while getting some much needed SP/HM.

Edited by Zeo

I've been so busy that I'm seriously lagging behind. Only 29k at the moment. I switched around my blue unit a few times trying to find someone suitable, and I just ended up settling with Rein even though he already has maxed out HM. He makes my life so much easier. So now I'm running Sigurd, Rein, PA!Inigo, and Lachesis. I want to go for all the rewards again. Gotta save those orbs.

Seeing people at 100k already just boggles my mind. I am at 46k and already feel burned out. I can't imagine having manually played up to 100k yet. That said I did use it to train up Arden/Ayra/Tailtiu. I didn't think I would train those last two at first since I'll likely fodder them at some point(+RES/-SPD for Ayra, +HP/-SPD for Tailtiu). But figured why not. That probably effected my score a bit since I had to play real careful and was using the lower level TT battles for a bit.

25 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've been so busy that I'm seriously lagging behind. Only 29k at the moment. I switched around my blue unit a few times trying to find someone suitable, and I just ended up settling with Rein even though he already has maxed out HM. He makes my life so much easier. So now I'm running Sigurd, Rein, PA!Inigo, and Lachesis. I want to go for all the rewards again. Gotta save those orbs.

Aside from IVs, skills and maybe rarity, that's pretty much my first team used for this TT before everybody but Reinhardt (who was already capped) maxed out HM.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Aside from IVs, skills and maybe rarity, that's pretty much my first team used for this TT before everybody but Reinhardt (who was already capped) maxed out HM.

My go-to TT team usually included Reinhardt plus a dancer. Running a Desperation mage team made thing pretty easy until my mages and dancers all maxed out HM. Thankfully I have 3 new dancers who have a way's to go before they reach 3000. I figure as long as 3 of my units don't have maxed out HM, then the Tempest isn't a complete waste for feather grinding. I was lucky last tempest because I could run a bonus unit of each color. This set of characters is really red heavy, so I don't have as many options...

With luck, I can catch up. I've got over 80 stamina potions sitting in my inventory. I might as well put some to use.

My non-bonus run team is Innes, Arvis, Michalis, and Charlotte. Just a motley crew of units I want to get HM and SP for while spending the day's stamina on Lunatic 5. Innes and Arvis share a voice actor, but even funnier is when two voice lines line up upon selecting Arvis and Michalis. "What's your gambit?" - "Don't push me". I could totally see these two clashing with each other if forced on a team.

Slapped Hone Cavalry on Sigurd for my arena run so I could boost my score.  Accidentally wandered into TT with it on.  As a result, Lyn murders everything.  I think I'll keep it on for the remainder of this event.

So my Lunatic 5/non-bonus team has now been finalised. Arden has the Atk + 2 from the Cherche Pivot fodder and Panic Ploy, Shigure who I am SP grinding and has Breath of Life seal, Lachesis for healing and Minerva since I haven't used her for ages and to try out the Guidance Sacred Seal + Reposition.

So yeah I think I'll have fun with Arden and Guidance shenanigans.

Currently running Inigo, Xander, Sigurd and Rein for the 2 bonus maps a day - Lunatic 7.

Since Freddie maxed so I don't want to run a pure horse team anymore, I'm now running Innes, Naked Xander, Camus and Sigurd for Lunatic 5. They're doing pretty well :)

I'm still sticking to my target of 8k a day. Today I should end with 48k. It really does stop me getting worn out. I'm not going for ranks - once I hit 100k, I'll probs only do the three a day like I did last time. :)

Sigurd and Michalis maxed HM, Anna is leading the bad guys (Camus, Eldigan, Arvis) now. No real theme yet, but since Anna and Arvis will max HM soon, I'll have to change the team another time.

Eldigan, Camus, Celica and BH!Ike wouldn't have much in common, @Vaximillian? Alternatives would be Arden and Valter. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Eldigan, Camus, Celica and BH!Ike wouldn't have much in common, @Vaximillian? Alternatives would be Arden and Valter. 

...Eldy, Camus and BH!Ike are on the receiving end of an unrequited crush (Lach, Nyna and Ellie)? Problem is, can't fit Celica, Arden or Valter into the fourth slot there.

Eldy, BH!Ike, Arden and Valter as the "We die during the events of our game" group, using Greil as the basis for Ike?

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Eldigan, Camus, Celica and BH!Ike wouldn't have much in common, @Vaximillian?

Don’t put either of them in the same sentence with Ike in my presence, okay?

Nah, these don’t theme at all.

@phineas81707: That’s grasping for so many straws with CYL Ike there.

All rewards gotten. Score of 101,882 is good for Rank 806.

Went with a horse team lead by Sigurd to start out. Swapped out units when they hit 3k HM. Once Sigurd hit 3k HM I swapped him out for Eldigan. He only gets me a 20% bonus but I don't even care all that much.If I did I could just surrender on the last map and use a 40% unit. I have two more teams with 40% units waiting to go once Eldigan hits 3k HM. He has a long way to go because I just pulled him for the first time.

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

All rewards gotten. Score of 101,882 is good for Rank 806.

Went with a horse team lead by Sigurd to start out. Swapped out units when they hit 3k HM. Once Sigurd hit 3k HM I swapped him out for Eldigan. He only gets me a 20% bonus but I don't even care all that much.If I did I could just surrender on the last map and use a 40% unit. I have two more teams with 40% units waiting to go once Eldigan hits 3k HM. He has a long way to go because I just pulled him for the first time.

Congratulations! I did the same change of team lead, but I always forget (or suppress) to surrender ...

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Eldy, Camus and BH!Ike are on the receiving end of an unrequited crush (Lach, Nyna and Ellie)? Problem is, can't fit Celica, Arden or Valter into the fourth slot there.

Eldy, BH!Ike, Arden and Valter as the "We die during the events of our game" group, using Greil as the basis for Ike?

Hmm doesn't seem much of a theme.

I could also swap Lachesis or Klein in, but since I only have usable red mages (without maxed HM), I would have to swap Eldigan out. I don't want to do that, it seems to be his only best chance to shine now, especially with boosted stats.

With some luck, I can bring the Fliers on Monday. Nowi could buff NS!Corrin (Brash Assault Seal), BH!Ike for physical and green damage, bonus unit Eldigan or Lachesis.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t put either of them in the same sentence with Ike in my presence, okay?

Nah, these don’t theme at all.

@phineas81707: That’s grasping for so many straws with CYL Ike there.

Ok, they don't have much in common, I get it.

Which BH!Ike should I use btw.? I have both (+SPD -HP and +DEF -SPD) ready. The other will become SI fodder eventually.

After training up Arden and Sheena, I tried to make my planned switch from Arvis/Oscar/Titania/PA!Inigo to Arvis/Arden/Oscar/PA!Azura, but Arden was just not able to be relevant because he couldn't move fast enough to keep up. I was really starting to get bored with my old team, so to give Arden a chance to shine, I switched to Arvis/Arden/Effie/Sheena to bring the front line to him. Sheena is a bit of a weak link (even with an Atk+3 seal, she's only got 44 Atk before applying Hone Armor) but she does still need some SP, and the team has been doing well enough to keep getting A/A so far.

As for score, just hit 43k. Been slowing down a bit due to Odyssey, but still very much on pace for 100k.

5 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I've been using the SP weekend to train units in the training tower. Maybe I should start using TT to instead. 

The higher your guys are, the better TT is.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The higher your guys are, the better TT is.

I've been a little hesitant to use TT as a training ground since I would be compelled to clear the maps fast for points but it's honestly better than not getting any points at all if I train units in the training stratum. 

5 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I've been a little hesitant to use TT as a training ground since I would be compelled to clear the maps fast for points but it's honestly better than not getting any points at all if I train units in the training stratum. 

Besides the points, you also get more SP per stamina spent, once you're high enough.

Current score: 120,442

Maria has reached 2K HM while PA Shigure and Ayra are both less than 100 HM away from reaching 2K HM. And wow, Ayra has much more SP than my Sigurd does (Ayra w/ 6.8K to Sigurd's 5.3K)!

8 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

well doesn't matter now since the SP weekend is over (but I think there's still next weekend), but if you're training a bonus unit, they get +12 SP per kill if you train them in the Tempest Trials (twice compared to the Training Tower.)

If you have the corresponding Valour skill, that can quickly add up with +24 per kill.

Also using Lachesis to heal and getting +4 SP per heal is pretty cool as well especially when Arden gets damaged by mages.