Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s almost like the difficulty of procuring a 40% bonus hero didn’t stop many, huh?

People have just gotten so GOOD at this mode since the first one. Bonus runs have ensured players can get to 99999 with just the 20% GHB unit without spending a single stamina potion or having to do runs exclusively on Lunatic 7. Perhaps it's time to expand rewards all the way to 150K and make the Seals and new units a bit harder to obtain.

Ok, 142,021 points nets me rank 6,246 which should be safe enough to stay in the top 10k I hope. 

Going for more seems futile because I'm sure those in the top 5k won't stop until the very last minute.

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

100,390 is worth rank 48,529 right now. I wonder if I’m staying in 50k. Probably not, oh well.

48,979 an hour later. Maybe I’m not dropping out. Maybe I am.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

People have just gotten so GOOD at this mode since the first one. 

The improvements by IS helped too. Two bonus runs a day were a godsend, and QoL stuff for auto-battling, even though I don’t do that, is still appreciated. Tempest is still my favourite game mode, although two weeks can get tedious.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

People have just gotten so GOOD at this mode since the first one. Bonus runs have ensured players can get to 99999 with just the 20% GHB unit without spending a single stamina potion or having to do runs exclusively on Lunatic 7. Perhaps it's time to expand rewards all the way to 150K and make the Seals and new units a bit harder to obtain.

Oh please no. Just cut the time of this event and keep the most important rewards low enough to make them reachable for everyone.  

Well, looks like I've fucked up. I didn't realize it ended at 2am thanks forgetting all about daylight savings time. I was letting it auto battle the last 2 hours rather than playing manually, thinking I had an extra hour worth to get points. I'm 5,270, and I can't make it in time now.

That was a whole lot of potions down the toilet for just hitting the 10k threshold instead, damn. 

Edited by Alkaid

Looks like I got edged out of the top 1k...whoops. That’s what I get for going to watch a movie and finishing off a Shadow Dragon chapter afterward instead of having a look at Heroes. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll live.

Side note, day change being at 11pm Pacific for a while is going to be nice.

noooo....

so close to rank 10,000. I thought I was so close to the next rank for 6k feathers so I burnt up some stamina potions 

was rank 11,500 in the last 5 minute. Too bad I couldn't finish in time so the last battle didn't count T___T

Ah well...I guess not bad for only having 20% units...

Bad news: my final push didn't get me into the top 5,000. Good news: I still got high enough to get the 6,000 feathers, and I was able to get 1,500 feathers in HM rewards while trying to get a higher rank. So, I suppose it evened out in the end.

Ending this tempest with a score of 132 575 which puts me in Top 10k (about 8500).  Overall, this Tempest wasn't too bad since the maps were somewhat okay. 

I had 2 main teams going into this event:

Team 1: HM grinding + 40% bonus, consisting of: Ayra, Brave Lucina, Elincia, Sakura

Team 2: Cavs

Going to miss using this Eldigan though :( ...

vaNbbjx.png

I missed the Top 5k this time too. The threshold seems to be getting higher every time too. I think I ended the last TT with a score of 140k and now I barely missed my 8k feathers with a score of 150k.

Overall I enjoyed it more than the last one because the map selection was better and Julia was pretty weak, especially compared to TT Sonya and Veronica. I never thought I would have so much fun with Arden, even outside of TT bonus unit buff heaven. 

The next few TTs are going to be interesting for me because I'm running out of good units to max HM with. So I think it might be time to invest feathers into some of my 4* with good IVs. I already regret that I spent my 80k feathers on merging some Ninos as well as promoting Effie and giving her Brave Lance+.

8 minutes ago, pullofthebush said:

[...]

The next few TTs are going to be interesting for me because I'm running out of good units to max HM with. So I think it might be time to invest feathers into some of my 4* with good IVs. I already regret that I spent my 80k feathers on merging some Ninos as well as promoting Effie and giving her Brave Lance+.

That's why I don't promote to merge units. Because of this I will forever go up and down between Tier 19/20 in arena, but that's the only thing I'm missing. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's why I don't promote to merge units. Because of this I will forever go up and down between Tier 19/20 in arena, but that's the only thing I'm missing. 

I fully agree with you. Missing out on some feathers compared to spending 20k is a bit expensive, even though merges are also handy in the other modes and to get a better score in Arena Assault. I guess I just did it because it was Nino, she's got perfect IVs and I didn't want to send anybody home. 

Feather calcs felt like they took longer than usual.

Anyway, I got to rank 11,060. Those extra stamina pots to do a last rush to top 10k was a mistake.

....At least I got 1000 feathers from extra Hero Merit I guess. so instead of 4000, I got 5000 feathers- not too bad when I missed out on only 1000 more feathers

Final score: 239,718

Final rank: 68

Feather gain:

Week 1 TT quests: 1050

Week 2 TT quests: 2100

Unranked rewards: 10750

Ranked reward: 10000

Hero Merit feathers because of TT:

3K: Sigurd, Lachesis, PA Inigo, Ayra, Maria, PA Shigure, Deirdre

2.5K: Sakura, PA Olivia

1.5K: PA Azura

1K: Serra

.5K: Cecilia

Total feathers: 52,900

Got my usual 8,000 feathers from the tempest. I think I was about 100 feathers short of promoting someone to 5-star, so I sent a Lon'qu home and promoted a Hawkeye to 5-star to give Hinoka death blow 3.

1 hour ago, pullofthebush said:

I fully agree with you. Missing out on some feathers compared to spending 20k is a bit expensive, even though merges are also handy in the other modes and to get a better score in Arena Assault. I guess I just did it because it was Nino, she's got perfect IVs and I didn't want to send anybody home. 

I'm constantly reaching top 5k in arena assault with a team of +0/+0/+1/+2 merges (none of them promoted). I think for top 1k I would need much more merges on a totally different team. Nino would also be my first choice for merges, even if she isn't very efficient in sense of arena scoring. 

Ended up 2395th in this TT, I guess 155k would have been sufficient to safely stay in top 5k. 

A final score of 155,149 nets me rank 4,141 and my usual 8K feather haul.  I have about 170 stamina pots so I considered making a push for top 1K, but I'm always too tired of the mode after a week. 

Tailtiu/Eirika/P!Azura was my main team throughout, and the fourth slot was taken by healers I rotated in and out based on HM accumulation.