Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Talandar said:

Can we have Wrath fodder like ... now? Lyn needs Wraith for the ultimate CQC.

Sol Katti + wrath + Brash assault. Can someone remind me, what is supposed be so great about Arya?

Actually I already have Wrath Lyn build, but I need not -speed one for merge...

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Sol Katti + wrath + Brash assault. Can someone remind me, what is supposed be so great about Arya?

Actually I already have Wrath Lyn build, but I need not -speed one for merge...

Because Lyn with Regnal Astra is missing!

7 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Having an actual Atk stat. Regnal Astra does the same damage as Wrath Moonbow. Ira's Blade has a similar effect as Wrath's cooldown reduction, but without the HP restriction. +3 Spd. Having actual physical bulk.

I'm loving my current team of Ayra, Arvis, Julia and Azura.  Last TT, I only did the hardest level for my first 2 runs in order to maximize points and then just spammed the 35 and 30 levels since doing 7 matches at the 40 difficulty was a pain.  This time, I'm actually having fun doing the level 40 one, probably because there's less dumb maps.

Julia and Azura are already at max SP, but they've both become staples of my TT teams, Julia thanks to her healing provided by her own Renewal and BoL and Azura thanks to being my strongest dancer. Arvis is great with the stat boosts and thanks non-blue mages and healers like it's nothing and Ayra is just more busted than usual. There's not much she cannot 1RKO when in Desperation range.

I'm using only units that are not maxed on HM. Going with Arvis, PA Olivia, Summer Corrin and Summer Gaius (had Michalis on Gaius place till now, but he got to 3k HM). Almost at 18k for now. I'll aim for 20k today.

I'm using Brash Assault seal on Nino on this TT. There are some enemies with inflated stats, so it is useful sometimes. And she is a monster. I almost cleaned the entire last map with just her + Inigo. 

I'm already starting to feel the lack of a 40% Bonus unit. My percent is 4.00% on the FE4 banner. Something I haven't hit in quite a while and It'll be one or two days before I can do another full pull. 

Hoping the next 5 is the winning batch.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Between Atk Ploy, Distant Def, and now Guidance, I'm surprised by how many 5* exclusive skills are getting made into Sacred Seals.

Just wait until they release Distant Counter or Life & Death. It's only a matter of time before they release Close Defense now that Distant Defense has been distributed.

This makes me wonder if they're going to release the 2 stat up A skills as Sacred Seals. 

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Just wait until they release Distant Counter or Life & Death. It's only a matter of time before they release Close Defense now that Distant Defense has been distributed.

This makes me wonder if they're going to release the 2 stat up A skills as Sacred Seals. 

Double stat skills are a bit weird because their progression isn't as linear. Like, in regular skills, you get Spur Def/Res 2 by first learning Spur Def 1 or Spur Res 1, then upgrading to Spur Def/Res 1. But seals don't really get along with that kind of branching: you can only get one Spur Def seal and one Spur Res seal, and both of those get upgraded to their regular single stat level 3 version. So getting around that would probably require having you start the Spur Def/Res seal line midway with Spur Def/Res 1. Which is certainly plausible, but still a bit off from anything they've been doing so far. They'd probably be forged directly for an increased cost.

Silly me had a mental boo-boo and left PA!Azura in range of Mathilda, forgetting she had Cancel Affinity.

Now that I think about, my team of Axura, Camus, Brave Lyn and Arvis fears her if she gets in range with her weapon.

Just been doing Lunatic 7 runs for now to make up for the lack of 40% bonus. I'm not too burned out yet but I might switch later to lower levels once I get the Sacred Seals so Lachesis can get some levels/SP.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The final map of the Genealogy paralogue is fucking garbage in this TT lol. 

I once spent good five or six turns chasing after Athena around the lake. She was running at my Soren, while my Olwen was riding towards her.

So, doing TT today, and I'm at the last map. It's a pretty easy combo for the most part barring me not leaving Sigurd next to Titania to keep her safe, as it prevents him from taking enemies out fast enough. So I realise that I've left Ursula in range of Julia, which I assume is certain death. So I run her in to the rest of the party, right next to her support partner, Titania. Julia attacks.

She manages to survive with 1 HP. After that nice bit of luck, I realise that Titania literally saved her there. Finished the map handily and right after Titania and Ursula get to S Rank.

Moral of the story: Make sure to keep your buffing units close.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I've left Ursula in range of Julia, which I assume is certain death. So I run her in to the rest of the party, right next to her support partner, Titania. Julia attacks.

She manages to survive with 1 HP. After that nice bit of luck, I realise that Titania literally saved her there. Finished the map handily and right after Titania and Ursula get to S Rank.

LOOOOL This totally sounds like a love story of Ursula and Titania getting married after they managed to survive because of the power of love.

My TT on the other hand goes as usual. Terrible luck on bonus rounds (either I met the worst enemies on the possible map, or I forget to select the proper team) and easy, deathless A grade runs on non-bonus... Anyway, this TT had the easiest final map so far. Compared to BK, Hector or even Sonia, Julia is a joke.

Went without a healer for the first time this TT (wasn't my intention tho, just forgot to switch PA!Azura for Lachesis) and I'm happy with the result! I managed to do pretty well and waay faster than before. Teams used were Rein/Lilina/S!Tiki/Lachesis on my first runs, Lilina/Rein/S!Tiki/PA!Azura after and Lilina/Arthur/Sharena/PA!Azura the last time since I forgot (again) to switch from my Arena Team.

Anyway, Rein and Lilina can one round kill 90% of enemies on any map with almost no damage (I always try to keep them on their -breaker skill range) , and S!Tiki is used mostly for tanking when needed and she can easily auto-heal. PA!Azura does mostly dance, sometimes killing a blue unit and support Lilina as much as possible.

First 3x run went fine today but massively screwed up on the second go round. Managed to forget Xander couldn't swap with Inigo onto grass, leaving Reinhardt at the mercy of a vengeful Nowi... Then my second team were crushed on the final map, leaving my third team to finally mop up -.-

Only time my first team has been destroyed thus far.

45 minutes ago, Zinnia said:

Compared to BK, Hector or even Sonia, Julia is a joke.

Yeah, though to be fair 32 speed isn't awful, but neutral speed Sigurd could double her with a speed seal. Not even needing cav buffs.

Sigurd is nuts in this TT, I feel blessed.

Uggh. My second bonus round today was awful. Shanna beat Summer Robin silly, which is just weird. No other unit has been able to orko her at full hp this tempest trial without color advantage, and then Shanna ups and one shots her.  I figured it was safe to bait her with her ally Eldigan at her side. But nope Shanna just goes and rapes her right infront of Eldigan.

And auto-battle is going HORRIFIC. The AI likes to throw Eldigan up against Mathildas and Oscars(at least I think it was Oscar. Sapphire Lance anyways). Mathilda ain't too bad if Eldigan initiates but apparently if you have the choice between baiting her with Summer Robin or Eldigan you should use Eldigan. Oh and Deirdre should go up alone and target Ruby Seth and Triangle Selena. That'll work GREAT! With such brilliance I just can't imagine it ever losing!

Enough gripping aside I am really glad I leveled up Arvis over the weekend. The guy is the only one of Arvis, Deirdre, Eldigan, and Summer Robin who usually survives the AI handling them. Purely because of Recover Ring I am sure. Though he seems to like to special nuke units that can't kill him while leaving blues who could easily KO him on their phase alive, and recover ring doesn't help if you are one shot. Guy has a death wish or something. Summer Robin seems the second most likely to survive. And that is likely highly influenced by her Renewal skill. Of course Eldigan is the least likely to survive, between Fury and 3 move.

Slowly and steadily I reached 17,917 points. The team of Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Soren+1 works really well.

Poor Soren doing the heavy lifting in every single tempest. I haven’t been exactly blessed with green mages, have I?

Deirdre, please come home already. Or send Julia in your stead. Or even Sonya.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Slowly and steadily I reached 17,917 points. The team of Eldigan, Olwen, Arvis, and Soren+1 works really well.

Already? I don't think I'm in that ballpark with my 40%ers. Then again, I don't like doing Lunatic 7s...