Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I've been using the SP weekend to train units in the training tower. Maybe I should start using TT to train instead. 

Definitely! Works pretty fine. Just level up your unit to lv 20-30 and depending on your specific unit and team you are good to go for lunatic 7. I did it, it worked great, try to beat some very weak units like healers etc and your unit exp will skyrocket. Sometimes I lost after 3 maps, but its 4 teams that you can use and the penalty for losing a team is minimal.

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

well doesn't matter now since the SP weekend is over (but I think there's still next weekend), but if you're training a bonus unit, they get +12 SP per kill if you train them in the Tempest Trials (twice compared to the Training Tower.)

If you have the corresponding Valour skill, that can quickly add up with +24 per kill.

Also using Lachesis to heal and getting +4 SP per heal is pretty cool as well especially when Arden gets damaged by mages.

Yeah, that's why I always aim for units with Valor skills because they make getting SP so much easier. 

3 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Definitely! Works pretty fine. Just level up your unit to lv 20-30 and depending on your specific unit and team you are good to go for lunatic 7. I did it, it worked great, try to beat some very weak units like healers etc and your unit exp will skyrocket. Sometimes I lost after 3 maps, but its 4 teams that you can use and the penalty for losing a team is minimal.

Lunatic 7 might be a little too high of a level gap for the unit that I've been training but even then, I would like to clear as many maps as possible primarily using the unit I'm using so they get the most SP and EXP so I don't think I can settle for taking down about one healer at a time for my liking. 

BTW, do you keep the EXP and SP you've earned on a unit if they were defeated?  

18 hours ago, Othin said:

After training up Arden and Sheena, I tried to make my planned switch from Arvis/Oscar/Titania/PA!Inigo to Arvis/Arden/Oscar/PA!Azura, but Arden was just not able to be relevant because he couldn't move fast enough to keep up. I was really starting to get bored with my old team, so to give Arden a chance to shine, I switched to Arvis/Arden/Effie/Sheena to bring the front line to him. Sheena is a bit of a weak link (even with an Atk+3 seal, she's only got 44 Atk before applying Hone Armor) but she does still need some SP, and the team has been doing well enough to keep getting A/A so far.

As for score, just hit 43k. Been slowing down a bit due to Odyssey, but still very much on pace for 100k.

When Eldigan will max HM I'll switch in Arden and Amelia, but even with Armor March I'm not looking forward to use them ... I'm not a big fan of armors. 

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

[...]

Not the EXP/SP they earned from the map on which they died. 

/Edit: sorry for the double post. I thought I was in the edit window, but apparently the quote brought me to the other one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by mampfoid

I didn't even notice but Tailtiu and Sigurd already capped their HM and SP and I'm just at 95k.

I think I'll go for 100k and then I'll change my team to Arvis, Bride Lyn, Lancina and Arden? I don't know, I need to find a team that's good enough to fight in Hard 5 at the very least. Lunatic 5 would be ideal but I've only managed that thanks to Sigurd and Tailtiu being OP.

Well I am at a bit over 60,000 points and am using TT as a training ground since I have a bunch of level 20 4*s who need to hit level 40.  At least I will have orbs for the Halloween banner, my armor team is begging for Henry and Jakob and the BK needs a support buddy.  Even though TT becomes a bit of a chore in the second week it is so useful for getting orbs, feathers and training units that I can live with the grind.

21 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Yeah, that's why I always aim for units with Valor skills because they make getting SP so much easier. 

Lunatic 7 might be a little too high of a level gap for the unit that I've been training but even then, I would like to clear as many maps as possible primarily using the unit I'm using so they get the most SP and EXP so I don't think I can settle for taking down about one healer at a time for my liking. 

No you dont keep the exp and sp.

I generally try to gain as much HM as possible during TT - more feathers the merrier.

So, if I have a unit I level it up to 22-25 and then try to gain as many kills with it as possible during like the first 3 maps of lunatic 7, etc. After a while the level rises and I might even get some more maps cleared. The thing is, if I were to use the training tower for leveling up in that scenario I would lose a lot of stamina - TT maps cost just 20 stamina and even if I lose with one team I still get over 600 points. I think thats still cool. If I were to play lunatic 5, I would get much less points and much less HM. Lunatic 7 gives about 33HM lunatic 5 only about 17

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So many people with so much time and patience.

I'm just glad I hit 20,000 points in time for the halfway point duration-wise.

You are joking, right?

If you just played it twice a day on lunatic 7 (shouldnt be a problem with you roster) you should be at almost 30k. That makes me think, how much at all do you play FE Heroes?

8 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

You are joking, right?

If you just played it twice a day on lunatic 7 (shouldnt be a problem with you roster) you should be at almost 30k. That makes me think, how much at all do you play FE Heroes?

I miss days now and then due to real life happening or me passing out in my bed before I get a chance to do any runs.

FE Warriors, Monster Hunter, and the JP F/GO Halloween event have also been taking a significant portion of my recent free time.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I miss days now and then due to real life happening or me passing out in my bed before I get a chance to do any runs.

FE Warriors, Monster Hunter, and the JP F/GO Halloween event have also been taking a significant portion of my recent free time.

I see

Due to my phone being broke, I had to resort to install the game on my shitty company phone - now I can play at work

110k. I'll keep going to give Arvis and Arden more HM but I really need to find a suitable team for those two. Lancina isn't doing anything and Bride Lyn while helpful is more of a hindarance at times because Arvis can heal by himself.

Just hit 50k points on the TT. Farming orbs at this point, I plan on saving them up for December. Went by pretty fast, going from 20k to 50k in about a day. Did a pattern of 7 map lunatic and 5, to keep the monotony of it down a bit, since 5 is really easy to get through. Earns about 1k points every time.

Guidance will be a cool seal though, if I can get a flyer that is actually worth their weight.

Edited by Tolvir

Current score: 153,816

Had to create a new team since Maria, PA Shigure, and Ayra all hit 3K HM. Also was busy with the new Halloween paralogue stuff.

4* Sakura (vanilla; Spur Def 1)

+Spd/-Res Deirdre (Draw Back, Glacies, Fury 3, Spd +1)

+Atk/-Def PA Olivia (Iceberg, Hone Spd 3, Spur Res 1)

It was initially tempting to bring back Reinhardt to cover Deirdre's weakness to reds but I kept Brave Lyn in so that I would have a reliable source of physical damage as well as shut down Distant Counter units (Hector would've been a huge problem if I ran Reinhardt instead of Brave Lyn).

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

This map tickled Lukas

Hide contents

LZqA4e6.jpg

Reminds me of the map where I put Camus on a chokepoint baiting those three very same Ruby Sword users.

Last one was another swordie as well. Fun times (although Camus had Fury so he had after battle damage). Good thing Arvis can heal.

Up to 70k now. Just been mainly doing Lunatic 7 because I want to get the orbs ASAP for summons. 

Might drop down to Lunatic 5 if I have less time or if I get the rewards.

My score of 112,601 is currently at rank 1774.  My goal is just to stay in the top 5k.

I use a team of Sigurd, Deirdre, Arvis, and Azura when I do my 2 daily Lunatic 7 runs.

When I auto-battle Lunatic 5, I set the team to Sigurd, Ayra, Deirdre, and Lachesis (weapon not equipped).  Lachesis just capped her hero merit, though, so I guess I'll switch her out for another healer.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

I am at roughly 72k and am not sure i I will make it or not. I may end up leaving 3 or 4 orbs on the table at this rate.

At this point I am rather convinced that the Auto-Battle AI is dumber than the Defense AI. Oh and it clearly hates weaponless Lachesis. Clearly the weaponless unit should facetank the Effie. You wouldn't want to hurt Effie afterall.

Edited by Usana

11 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My score of 112,601 is currently at rank 1774.  My goal is just to stay in the top 5k.

Top 1000 isn't too far away if you want to shoot for that. I'm currently at about rank 400 with a score of 140k.

When I hit 100k I was around rank 900. I definitely slowed down my pace since then and every day my rank has been getting lower and lower. There were points earlier today where I was in the 300's.

I had to complete quite of computer training at jewb, so I would put auto-battle on.  I probably have used 20 stamina potions the past couple days.  It's worth it because the TT bonus units get easy HM, and the extra feathers from ranking at the top.  Arvis is a beast on 5-map Hard Mode.

Well I am at about 82,000 and I plan on getting all rewards by tomorrow because H!Jakob is calling me to pull for him, plus I want to free up stamina for the monthly quests tomorrow.

Today was pretty slow, I only did 5 runs with my first stamina bar and left it at that. I'm at like 118k right now trying to figure a good auto team for Arvis and Bride Lyn. Tana kills herself to archers and Fae has no skills to work with so I'm having a hard time putting a team for them.