Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

Almost at 77K. I think I'm gonna stop using my horse team for the triple bonus points since they're at max HM and just stick with my Arvis team for the remainder of the TT. Only aiming for the rewards so it's definitely doable.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I already hate Sigurd. Really irritating because he can single-handedly destroy perfect runs due to being virtually impossible to OHKO on player phase.

He nearly ruined a run by tanking my Rein. I forgot he could do that so didn't even think to check the figures. Saw a swordie and went for it >.< Thankfully was able to pull it back, but that was irritating. 

I know to be on the look out, now, though... and can't complain too much. My own Sigurd has tanked that stupid corner map (where all the units sit and stare at you from the corner without moving) so many times. There always seems to be just the right kind of units to stop me drawing any out on their own :( 

Almost at 90k

Had one run tank in Speed because Ayra and Chrom kept Rallying each other :/

Also got destroyed in the final map because I didn't notice Frederick who used Wings of Mecy next to the armour..

Then I stuffed up the chokepoint and left someone in range of Ayra (at least that broke the rallying). Damn trees getting in my cavalry's way.

Nowi also gets annoying if I don't have a green (Brave Ike doesn't have the best resistance)

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

I already hate Sigurd. Really irritating because he can single-handedly destroy perfect runs due to being virtually impossible to OHKO on player phase.

Swordbreaker or QR Sharena eats Sigurds for breakfast. If you can’t kill him on player phase, set up enemy phase.

I wonder if we'll get another Mini Tempest any time soon.  I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.  About a week seems to be the amount of time I enjoy the Tempests before they become a chore, and getting rewards twice as fast is pretty nice.

85k now, I haven't been playing too heavily since there's been other things to do with my stamina and other games to play (Mario Odyssey, Warriors).

I think this might be the easiest TT for me so far. Arvis is a true beast of a unit. The buffed stats make him nuts at everything. Kills tons of stuff, great healing, and the debuffs are a cherry on top. It's too bad he'll be max HM soon and I feel compelled to replace him to maximize HM. Sigurd's been pretty beastly too.It's nice either of them can deal with Julia no problem on the last map too, so I'm more free on what to pick as my 2 HM grind units. 

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if we'll get another Mini Tempest any time soon.  I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.  About a week seems to be the amount of time I enjoy the Tempests before they become a chore, and getting rewards twice as fast is pretty nice.

Starting to feel the fatigue right now and while I do think a mini-TT is a good idea and would want more rewards, hopefully it's not too soon.

Arvis has now maxed HM. I'll just keep using him and my now maxed HM B!Lyn and Camus/B!Ike until I get all the rewards. Then I'll just do Lunatic 5 with Arden/Lachesis.

This TT has made me appreciate getting Shigure though, he works really well with my team comp, as Ninian already maxed HM and was always being hunted down by Julia.

Also Arvis and Shigure make for a really fabulous pose when they do their S-support.

Spoiler

tumblr_oyrz2pcCtO1qcrdmuo1_540.png

Edited by mcsilas

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Swordbreaker or QR Sharena eats Sigurds for breakfast. If you can’t kill him on player phase, set up enemy phase.

Setting up enemy phase can be difficult when he's surrounded by units like Linde, Reinhardt, Klein or just the right green units to KO you. Particularly in the later stages of Lunatic-7 when the stats get really ridiculous.

That being said. I'm at 83k and really feeling the wear of this Tempest. 20% Bonus unit is a horrible, horrible thing. Never since they implemented the daily triple score bonus have I felt like I have to do extra runs just to make sure I hit 100k before time runs out. I don't ever want to do this again. 

That awkward moment when you’re putting your TT team back together after a quick trip to the Ursula GHB and Julia winds up on the team instead of Deirdre. I didn’t even realize until I went to move her and heard her map voice line =P .

8 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That awkward moment when you’re putting your TT team back together after a quick trip to the Ursula GHB and Julia winds up on the team instead of Deirdre. I didn’t even realize until I went to move her and heard her map voice line =P .

And here I’m sitting without either, crying the bitterest tears ever cried, being the saddest cat that ever walked these worlds ;_;

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And here I’m sitting without either, crying the bitterest tears ever cried, being the saddest cat that ever walked these worlds ;_;

It’s ok Vax (may I call you that?), you still have your soul, while I’ve just set out on the path to recover mine.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s ok Vax (may I call you that?), you still have your soul, while I’ve just set out on the path to recover mine.

I’m absolutely fine with that. You mean you stopped spending?

Score of 167,065 is good for rank 227 right now.

I'm definitely on pace to go over 200k and my rank is getting lower and lower every day. My score could easily be 4-5k higher, but I have been using an Eldigan horse team ever since Sigurd maxed his HM.

The best part of the TT for me is getting to grind up so many character's HM. I've gotten well over 20k feathers so far just from HM.

Since I recently pulled my ideal nature for Lukas (+Def/-Spd) and I have plenty of 4* copies lying around, I can now use the new influx of feathers to start working towards getting him to +10.

Score of 120k currently without doing much the last days. 

Thanks to a debate with @MrSmokestack, I changed my team for the last miles: 

• Eldigan (Fury, Desperation, Brash Assault 3 Seal)
  • Tailtiu (misses some SP to learn Desperation)
  • Klein (got Hone ATK to buff Tailtiu)
  • BH!Ike

Arden will come in perhaps for the last few hours, but Player Phase armors are bad for the speed score. 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m absolutely fine with that. You mean you stopped spending?

Cool, and yes...it was time. A little bit past time, if I'm being honest; I think I have just barely more nice things than I can get good, consistent use out of.

~

Back to Tempest talk. I'm currently hovering just outside the top 1k bracket; I've been surprisingly motivated this time 'round. I had been rotating between 3 teams to help stave off the fatigue of the grind, but after the 1 week mark I figured I'd just max out the HM for Ayra's team (which followed the super-intricate strategy of "watch Ayra mostly solo maps"). That's done, and now I'm back to the Sigurd/Deirdre team (which follows the super-intricate strategy of "watch Camus mostly solo maps"). If that team gets maxed out, I'll finish the Tempest by getting as much HM as I can for Arvis, Tailtiu, Inigo, and Marth (Altean Prince).

Looking back on it...I think I did that backwards; I probably should have taken advantage of Arvis' Tempest stat bonus and maxed the HM for his team first...he definitely wants it more than the others.

Edited by LordFrigid

Surprised how few of the TT sword lords my +ATK swordbreaker Iceberg Klein can one-round. 

/Edit: On the other side TT boosted Arden can't one-round freaking Seizo ... 

Edited by mampfoid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Surprised how few of the TT sword lords my +ATK swordbreaker Iceberg Klein can one-round. 

/Edit: On the other side TT boosted Arden can't one-round freaking Seizo ... 

Mine can. #Deltheabestfriend #Ignis

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

My score is 142k which places me just outside of the top 1000.  Have to agree with the other poasters that Arvis is great for autobattles.  Deirdre put in work too, with her boosted 42 Resistance stat combined with Glacies.  @Hawk King what score did it take for you to crack the top 1000?

I have been in the top 1000 since around day 6. When I passed 100k I was rank 880ish. It was a pretty rapid jump.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Mine can. #Deltheabestfriend #Ignis

He still has his vanilla special equipped, but I also recognized some opposing units get a bigger stat boost in the later maps of lunatic/7. 

IE I found a Selena my Klein could one-round on map 2, while another Selena on map 6 got 37 DEF. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He still has his vanilla special equipped, but I also recognized some opposing units get a bigger stat boost in the later maps of lunatic/7. 

IE I found a Selena my Klein could one-round on map 2, while another Selena on map 6 got 37 DEF. 

It just gets worse and worse the further you get. Some units get pretty ridiculous in later maps. Like Sigurd, Jaffar, Nino, Linde, Klein, Reinhardt.

Well, I went from barely 50k to 100k today. Setting a semi-decent team to autobattle (Hard 5) was a good idea. The team was, for the most part: Reinhardt, Azura, Arvis and Deidre. Azura was later swapped out for the 5* Lachesis that broke my pity rate earlier this morning and she managed to get to LV 40 rather quickly. Anyway, I’m finally free from Tempest Torture. 

The AI sure loved sending my Reinhardt to his doom, especially if there was a Mathilda around. 

Edited by Lord-Zero