DLC characters announced

Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

A part of me hope they'll take her fan from the Performing Arts banner and that'll be her weapon instead of a sword.

That would be very cool! Or maybe she can use both? The sword and the fan? Like her attacks are like if she is dancing and combine both weapons? I remember that in the Samurai Warriors Chronicles game I have, Masamune Date use a sword for attacking but when he does consecutive attacks, he change the sword for pistols to continue the combo, so... Maybe Olivia can do something similar?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, TheSS said:

KT said they were considering doing more DLC beyond this, and Legends is a sort of 'soft precedent', I suppose. Doesn't make it any less likely, for sure.

Oh ok. Is there a link for this?

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They seemed a bit ahead of themselves in some comments(like talking about a second game before this one even came out), so I'm not sure what to really expect from them that isn't already in stone. They could just hold things back for a second game, and/or with the mediocre sales they might not extend the DLC support out further than the initially promised stuff.

It would be nice to at least see some free DLC sprinkled in between the promised packs. I'm still surprised they didn't decide to drop in Ike or some others in anywhere, even as smaller standalone DLCs.

I agree with this. They've been all over the place with this game in general regarding the things they've said, with the focus games, etc.

Thank you for sharing!

While I'm disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that Linde beat out Merric, I'm incredibly stoked about Minerva & Navarre.

At the very least, I know not to get the season pass. I really am only excited about the SD characters, and would rather just pay for them.  More maps would be fun, but if I don't have to see Tharja on the CSS I'll be a happy dude.

OBORO!!!

OWAIN!!!!

Let me just say I wish they were free but I won't hesitate to put money in for some of my favorites.  This game has a lot of my favorite characters and by the time I get the money to actually get a switch, most of the dlc will be out.  Linde is also a cool addition but poor Merric was skipped over.

3 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I wonder if Azura will get the Water element, since no one else in this game has it

There is no Water element. Just Wind, Fire, Thunder, Light, and Dark, though they don't actually seem to have any effect like they did in Hyrule Warriors.

Corrin has some watery effects in her attacks, though, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Oh, I don't deny the possibility, at least with Lyn and Celica. I don't believe it, though, and people shouldn't talk in absolutes when we don't really know for sure.

When it comes to Cordelia and Anna, I do straight up deny it. I think the idea that others were cut for them is completely ridiculous.

"Why don't you include these characters?"

"Development's already well under way. What do we do?"

"Well, you don't need to include those other ones."

Stuff like Navarre appearing earlier in the data and having a role in story mode compared to Lyn, but not being playable at launch does help this theory as well. I think using "slots" as an argument itself is dumb, but there's still some logic there; there's only so many resources to go around. 

6 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Paying for on disk content 

waiting until March to play as a character in the story mode of the game 

that isnt cool. 

Can't wait for them to add Bad Box Art Mega Man into Warriors.

...Gosh, I really hope at least somebody here gets that.

Anyway, I'm super glad to see that at least Minerva and Linde made it in. No Merric and no Camus is a shame, but I'll be happy enough to use these two plus Navarre. I'm not sure yet if I'll get the other packs yet, but the Shadow Dragon pack is definitely a must for me.

Honestly, this kinda reminds of Samurai Warriors 2 with it's Xtreme Legends expansion. In the base game, two characters (Shibata Katsuie and Sasaki Kojiro) were NPC only with generic weapons and movesets but when the expansion came out, they were given a unique weapon and moveset each. (As well as adding 3 other playable characters and adding someone from SW1). Now, the big difference here in my eyes is that the SW2XL came with more then just battles and new characters. It contained a entire new mode as well...also, it costed full price rather then a fraction of a normal game.

Regarding weapons...

Does every single existing character have their own "A/S Rank" unique weapon like Chrom with the Falchion or Takumi with his Fujin Yumi?  Because if new weapons are just more uniques for characters that do not have them, then that is sorta lame and boring (but expected).

A crazy idea I had is existing characters getting alternative weapons for alternative movesets . For example, Robin gets to wield Swords and gets the Levin Sword as his unique weapon, Frederick getting to wield Lances, or Camilla wielding magic while flying her Wyvern. I doubt this will be the case since having hopes for this title seems futile, but it is something to think about anyway.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Can't wait for them to add Bad Box Art Mega Man into Warriors.

...Gosh, I really hope at least somebody here gets that.

I understood that reference. But if you want it to be FE-relevant, it's gotta be Pantsless Marth. Or the first run of the Ike amiibo.

Hmm...I think I'll wait for the usual preview videos first because none of the characters are convincing enough for me to throw in $20.  I'll probably just pick any of the individual characters that look interesting and avoid the rest like the plague and that monstrosity known as Bride Lucina they slapped in as a prize for getting the season pass. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

20 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

There is no Water element. Just Wind, Fire, Thunder, Light, and Dark, though they don't actually seem to have any effect like they did in Hyrule Warriors.

Corrin has some watery effects in her attacks, though, for what it's worth.

Well it doesn't mean Azura won't have an water element to her moveset with effects and everything.

But yeah, elements don't play a part in this game like they did in Hyrule Warriors, just for cosmectic purposes and for flashy effects for anybody who was wondering

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I understood that reference. But if you want it to be FE-relevant, it's gotta be Pantsless Marth. Or the first run of the Ike amiibo.

I wanted to make it as obvious as possible, since I wasn't sure if anyone would get it anyway. But the problem with using Pantsless Marth as the example is that people want Pantsless Marth. Plus Marth is already in the game, and one of people's biggest issues with BBA Mega Man was that he was the only Mega Man to appear. Now, FE1-art Merric or Dolph, on the other hand...

11 minutes ago, Sire said:

Regarding weapons...

Does every single existing character have their own "A/S Rank" unique weapon like Chrom with the Falchion or Takumi with his Fujin Yumi?  Because if new weapons are just more uniques for characters that do not have them, then that is sorta lame and boring (but expected).

A crazy idea I had is existing characters getting alternative weapons for alternative movesets . For example, Robin gets to wield Swords and gets the Levin Sword as his unique weapon, Frederick getting to wield Lances, or Camilla wielding magic while flying her Wyvern. I doubt this will be the case since having hopes for this title seems futile, but it is something to think about anyway.

There are 7 characters who don't have unique weapons. Lissa, Cordelia, Frederick, Robin, Caeda, Tiki, and Anna. So they are just stuck with the A rank weapons that have to be farmed for the A rank 5* weapons (Excluding Swords, since all Sword users have a unique so far).

22 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

"Why don't you include these characters?"

"Development's already well under way. What do we do?"

"Well, you don't need to include those other ones."

Stuff like Navarre appearing earlier in the data and having a role in story mode compared to Lyn, but not being playable at launch does help this theory as well. I think using "slots" as an argument itself is dumb, but there's still some logic there; there's only so many resources to go around. 

I said I don't deny the possibility in regards to Lyn and Celica. I don't believe it, but I understand why people do.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I wanted to make it as obvious as possible, since I wasn't sure if anyone would get it anyway. But the problem with using Pantsless Marth as the example is that people want Pantsless Marth. Plus Marth is already in the game, and one of people's biggest issues with BBA Mega Man was that he was the only Mega Man to appear. Now, FE1-art Merric or Dolph, on the other hand...

Fair enough. How about buck-toothed Abel?

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Fair enough. How about buck-toothed Abel?

I'd pay $20 just for him, personally. But for the general FE opinion, he seems like a solid choice. He even takes the coveted lance cavalier spot from Camus, pouring more salt on the wounds.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

(Don't you dare raise the Level Cap!)

B-b-but they're only being authentic to FE! Awakening and Fates don't have real level caps after all, you can Seal forever for infinite levels.

WO3U does let you level to 100, and then reset back to one keeping some level gains up to 9 times.

Everyone has spoken whatever I would add already pretty much. So I'll just start passing out the booze to wash away our bitterness and sorrow.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Linde... is mighty tempting. But I'll wait to see how they implement her. Plus, after the Ayra debacle, I'm not in the mood to give IS any money whatsoever.

Until FE Switch gets a trailer. Then again, maybe it'll invoke bitterness and disappointment. Who knows?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Until FE Switch gets a trailer. Then again, maybe it'll invoke bitterness and disappointment. Who knows?

*raises hand*

You'll find an FE fan who's bitter about just about anything. There are people on r/fireemblem who will raise a storm if pair-up even comes back.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey, IS was on it's last chance to redeem the mainlines before this mess. This just means they've got to be doing Fire Emblem: Odyssey.