DLC characters announced

Tolvir

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Is this is all the content we'll be getting, or will we get some free updates like in Hyrule Warriors, you think? Like, can we expect any way to change a character's moveset with a different weapon or something along those lines?

They said that we’ll get more DLC if this stuff sells well.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats how DLC are useful for companies. A game like this whos sells aren't that high can still be very profitable if most people buy the DLC. And since the season pass is only $20 its not asking that much. Hopefully we shall get another DLC wave which you'll already have payed for with the season pass. Normally I don't like season passes but this one is relatively cheap and we know what we are getting so I'm for it.

Well... My whole opinion about the Season Pass will depend of the incomplete characters' movesets.

Owain needs a wacky moveset with over the top poses and jojo references.

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

That would be very cool! Or maybe she can use both? The sword and the fan? Like her attacks are like if she is dancing and combine both weapons? I remember that in the Samurai Warriors Chronicles game I have, Masamune Date use a sword for attacking but when he does consecutive attacks, he change the sword for pistols to continue the combo, so... Maybe Olivia can do something similar?

I like that idea. She'll probably only have a sword, but I hope she gets a fan. There's usually a character in every Warriors game that has a fan. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if she was a clone of one of those fan users- I don't mind a clone if it's from one of the other games and no other character has that moveset in Fire Emblem Warriors. Her moveset has the potential to be a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I like that idea. She'll probably only have a sword, but I hope she gets a fan. There's usually a character in every Warriors game that has a fan. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if she was a clone of one of those fan users- I don't mind a clone if it's from one of the other games and no other character has that moveset in Fire Emblem Warriors. Her moveset has the potential to be a lot of fun.

What they could do for one of the special DLC weapons be like her Performing Arts fan that acts like a sword. I'm honestly seeing her promotion outfit being based on her Performing Arts costume, unless they come up with something completely new for her like they did with everyone else. 

But it's too early too assume anything. But I know she could very be unique, I can't wait for her as well~

M I N N I E

So there is some measure of goodness left in this world.

Now please make it so that one of the skins lets you dress up a promoted male Corrin in the male Nohr Noble armor, that's all I can reasonably ask for at this point.

Oh, and this also means that Minerva, Olivia and Azura are going to get promotions.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Ok, the DLC has me happy and disappointed at the same time. Disappointed because some of the paid DLC characters are individuals who already appear in the game to begin with (Owain, Oborro, Navarre, and Niles), I'm not even a huge fan of any of these particular characters. This was a poor decision, players should not have to pay additional money for characters that are already in the game. I also was disappointed because I was really hoping that we would get more unit type variety such as an Armor unit (maybe Benny for instance), an Warrior or Berserker type character (preferably Bassilo or Darros but any axe wielder would have been fine) a Mercenary (my choice would be Ogma or Samson or Gregor) a Bow Knight (maybe Jeorge) a Lance Cav ( Camus and ONLY Camus, this IS NOT negotiable), Thief (perhaps Gaius or Julian although my personal favourite is Matthew from FE7). In short I was hoping that the classes that have been in existence for most FE entries would get represented even though I was hoping that a few of Fates' new classes like Oni and Ninja would get represented with perhaps the characters of Fuga or Rinkah and maybe Saizo who is probably my favorite of the 3 ninjas. Additionally I was hoping that some major villains for the 3 focus games would be made playable such as Garon for Fates, Walhart for Awakening and Gharnef for Shadow Dragon especially since Hyrule Warriors had several villain characters to play as you had the Cia, Volga and Wizzro and on top of that Garon, Zant and Ghirahim. Most of these villains I have had a LOT of fun with Garon and Volgo in particular and while Zant is more of a joke character his moveset is entertaining.

Now what I DO like about the DLC is MINERVA! YES! MINERVA! First of all she's a redhead, and a wyvern rider, on top of that she is one of my favourite wyvern rider characters. On top of this I was pleasantly surprised by Olivia, I really did not expect her to be included but maybe she's more popular than I realized and we get some Dancer representation on top of that. Tharja I could live without BUT, she does provide an additional mage character to the game. Azura REALLY should have been in the base seeing as how prominent of a presence she had but she will be another Dancer and an additional Lance user.(I still would rather have Shiro but hey it is what it is)

So... Broken Armor Models, huh. Honestly I was hoping for/expecting Palette Swaps, but as long as they do it like in Fates, I'll be satisfied. I don't think I'd be able to notice much of a difference during the chaos of battle if they did it like in Heroes.

As for the characters, Owain, Navare, Oboro, and Niles being paid DLC is disappointing, but considering how this game's PR is a huge mess, I had already mentally prepared myself for it, so I'm not as angry as I expected to be. Aside from Olivia, none of the other characters are much of a surprise.

I'll be speculating about the the DLC's contents that we still don't know much about in the Spoiler Tags. The ones I think are the most likely will be bolded.

Spoiler

Maps:

Spoiler

Fates Pack:

• Oboro's Map: CQ 23: Possessed;
  • Niles' Map: BR 18: Leo;
  • Azura's Map: This one is a little hard since she is never faced in battle, but I'm thinking it'll be Chapter 5: Mother;

SD Pack: I got nothing. Never played this game.

Awakening Pack:

• Owain's Map: Either Paralogue 5: Scion of Legend or Xenologue 23: Future Past 2;
  • Tharja's Map: Chapter 9: Emmeryn;
  • Olivia's Map: Chapter 11: Mad King Gangrel;

Costumes:

Spoiler

Fates Pack:

SD Pack:

Awakening Pack:

Weapons:

Spoiler

SD: Aura and Hauteclere are probably gonna get in the game because they are the Prf of Linde and Minerva. Not sure about anything else;

Awakening: Grima's Truth, Missiletainn, Cordelia's Javelin. Not sure about anything else.

Character Skills:

Spoiler

• Olivia: Special Dance: Increases the duration of the Vanguard's Awakening mode when Paired Up;
  • Tharja: Vengeance: Increases damage dealt as your own HP decreases;
  • Owain: Twitching Sword Hand: Special Gauge fills more easily or may fill the Awakening Gauge after defeating an Enemy Officer(Influenced by Luck Stat)
  • Azura: Inspiring Song: Increases damage the Vanguard Deals while on Pair Up;
  • I got nothing for the rest.

Supports:

Spoiler

• Owain: Leo, Niles, Takumi, Chrom, Frederick, Marth, Tiki, Lyn, and Celica;
  • Tharja: Robin, Corrin, Camilla, Niles...
  • Olivia: Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Sakura, Elise, Niles
  • Azura: Robin, Corrin, Celica, Lucina, ChromCamilla, and Sakura.
  • Oboro: Leo, Takumi, Elise, Rowan, Cordelia, Niles.
  • Niles: Sakura, Lianna, Leo, Owain, Takumi, Oboro
  • Minerva: The 4 Fliers. Not sure who else.

6 minutes ago, Luankachu said:
  Hide contents

Fates Pack:

• Oboro's Map: CQ 23: Possessed;
  • Niles' Map: BR 18: Leo;
  • Azura's Map: This one is a little hard since she is never faced in battle, but I'm thinking it'll be Chapter 5: Mother;

SD Pack: I got nothing. Never played this game.

Awakening Pack:

• Owain's Map: Either Paralogue 5: Scion of Legend or Xenologue 23: Future Past 2;
  • Tharja's Map: Chapter 9: Emmeryn;
  • Olivia's Map: Chapter 11: Mad King Gangrel;

Could help you a bit in regards to the SD Content...

Spoiler

The SD maps will probably be like this:

• Navarre's Map: Either map he's recruited in would probably do, as both are fairly big and play well into his character; alternatively, they could go with the Archanea Saga episode he's in
  • Minerva's Map: Possibly could see it either being her recruitment chapter in the first game, the chapter she first appears in (lame 'cuz she doesn't even attack you or do anything of value there), or any of the battles in Macedon in Book 1; could also be the Archanea Saga episode she's in
  • Linde's Map: Not sure what SD representative history maps are present in the game, but I could either see it being the Pyrathi one (unlikely, since she only appears there in the very first game), the Knorda Market chapter, or any chapter involving Gotoh or Gharnef

I also could see them making Starlight a weapon that can be wielded by mages, along with the three Regalia (Parthia, Gradivus, and Mercurius).  Not sure who would use any of these weapons, but traditionally they're available to anyone who has the weapon level to use them.  Aura and Hauteclere would likely be prf weapons, though if the former wasn't, it could only be used by female mages.

So the six weapons would be: Aura (Linde/female only), Hauteclere (Minerva only), Starlight (any mage), Parthia (any bow user), Gradivus (any lance user), and Mercurius (any sword user).  Unless some of these weapons are already in the game, but given that their "canon" users aren't in the game (SD mages, Jorge, Hardin/Camus, and Astram), I doubt it.

I know Mercurius is a prf weapon for Marth in the first game, but that's also a game where Minerva was locked to only using lances and swords, so it isn't the most valid game to make predictions off of.

As for the costumes, they'll probably be one or two for Marth, one for Tiki, one for Caeda, and maybe one for Celica or one of the other Archanean characters.  I'm gunnin' for no-pants Marth just as much as the next guy, though it might also just be his Mystery counterpart.  Tiki... maybe will get her adult form?  Though it'd be weird to see that Tiki still act and sound like a little girl.  Caeda will probably get some bridal/housewife uniform, though dracoknight Caeda would be interesting.  I think Rigain Celica is also a good guess.

Also pretty sure that broken armor models will just be of the characters we'll be getting, and the ones we've already got...

Spoiler

The thirteen Fates BA models would be:

1. Ryoma
  2. Xander
  3. Takumi
  4. Leo
  5. Hinoka
  6. Camilla
  7. Sakura
  8. Elise
  9. Azura
  10. Oboro
  11. Niles
  12. Male Corrin
  13. Female Corrin

The nine SD models would be:

1. Marth
  2. Caeda
  3. Tiki
  4. Lyn
  5. Celica
  6. Navarre
  7. Linde
  8. Minerva
  9. Anna

And the ten Awakening models would be:

1. Chrom
  2. Male Robin
  3. Female Robin
  4. Lissa
  5. Frederick
  6. Lucina
  7. Cordelia
  8. Owain
  9. Tharja
  10. Olivia

Not sure about the protagonist twins...

But if you discount them, practically every playable character is covered in this regard.

They could've done so much better with Shadow Dragon characters for this game. Marth, Caeda and Tiki are definitely the most obvious they could've added. Minerva and Linde are great choices but no Camus is unfortunate, and I find it strange that we have Navarre instead of Ogma.  Draug would've been a good choice for an armored knight since we don't have one. Really would've loved to have a Jagen + Frederick Support, as well as a lance cavalier. 

But Ogma is also very popular among SD players, also including Ogma as one of the DLC characters would have added a Mercenary class character which we are still lacking. Additionally Ogma has a fair amount of plot relevance compared to Navarre and while Navarre is a cool character not to mention a good unit for his type, Navarre has to be recruited from the enemy lines while Ogma on the other hand was commissioned to help Marth. For starters:

1) Ogma is Caeda's bodyguard

2) Joins in Chapter 2 (ignoring the prologue)

3) Was deliberately selected to help Marth

On 10/19/2017 at 11:26 PM, Troykv said:

Well... My whole opinion about the Season Pass will depend of the incomplete characters' movesets.

Owain needs a wacky moveset with over the top poses and jojo references.

Ill be honest. If we get these characters with unique movesets, I will consider it a trade off. The chance is likely if they were released as a free update, they would have used a generic moveset. But now that they are DLC, there is a chance they get actual movesets of their own.

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, not so serious reaction: Minerva represents a wyvern rider we can feel comfortable playing as on the go!

Inverse for me: Minverva's a wyvern rider I can actually play as on the TV and not keep confined to handheld.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Navarre was added over Ogma because he could easily copy Lyn's moveset. Ogma couldn't realistically copy any of the current sword movesets.

Considering the most recent interview outright said Lyn was included because IS said so, on top of the game data, I'd argue it's the other way around. Lyn got Navarre's moveset and Navarre got scrapped at the last minute (of note is that he's introduced right alongside the playable SD characters and appears in notable cutscenes along with them, while Owain's relevance fluctuates and Oboro/Niles are nowhere after the maps they're fought on).

I don't think history maps will necessarily be based on the three characters.  

Also, I'm working under the assumption that each pack will have 2 original characters and 1 clone, with the clones being Niles, Navarre, and Owain. There's... no chance they'd make Minerva a clone, too, right?

2 minutes ago, TheSS said:

Also, I'm working under the assumption that each pack will have 2 original characters and 1 clone, with the clones being Niles, Navarre, and Owain. There's... no chance they'd make Minerva a clone, too, right?

I'm not sure how that'd work, considering she doesn't know magic, right? At least not to my recollection. 

Also, how do you think we'll recruit the new characters? What kind of history maps will we see? 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I'm not sure how that'd work, considering she doesn't know magic, right? At least not to my recollection. 

Also, how do you think we'll recruit the new characters? What kind of history maps will we see? 

I assume the new characters would be recruited instantaneously upon purchase, and that history maps will be based on important maps from the games.

9 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I assume the new characters would be recruited instantaneously upon purchase, and that history maps will be based on important maps from the games.

Makes sense. One has to wonder what events that'll be then. Unless they make DLC-specific enemies, they can't really use many scenarios involving any villains, can they? They'd have to restrict it to Gharnef, Validar and Iago.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Makes sense. One has to wonder what events that'll be then. Unless they make DLC-specific enemies, they can't really use many scenarios involving any villains, can they? They'd have to restrict it to Gharnef, Validar and Iago.

Same way they did it with Celica and Lyn's map, I suppose. 

26 minutes ago, Thane said:

They could easily do a map based on Conquest Endgame, considering they already have all the resources for Possessed!Takumi. ... I really hope not though.

Speaking of Fates, they could also base maps on both Conquest 25 and Birthright 26, but they might think fighting the nii-sans would get a bit stale... Personally hoping for Conquest 23 from Team Takumi's perspective and Birthright 18 from Team Leo's perspective (alternate timeline where Corn gets owned.. History maps don't adhere to canon 100% anyway). That's probably not going to happen... but I'd like it.

For Azura they could always pull out the Opera stage.

16 minutes ago, Thane said:

You mean where the Mysterious Dancer performed? I could see Azura playing that role...

On second thought, she looks nothing like the dancer, so maybe not. :P

I haven't actually given my thoughts on the dlc yet:

A bit miffed that Oboro and co. are going to be dlc, but hoping for a free update was being very optimistic anyway. I feel with this game, people often assume the best case scenario and get hugely disappointet when that doesn't happen. HW had way better sales prospects. I can understand the disappointment of course, but let's try to think postive for a bit. So long as Oboro/Niles/Owain aren't clones, I'll be happy. I wouldn't want to pay for a glorified sprite. The History maps are tempting enough on their own, but selling us yet more clones would just make me skip out on the deal.

As it is, I'll buy the Fates dlc (for Oboro, costumes and the maps). Not sure if I'll be getting the others (if they had Maribelle in the Awakening one I'd have been very very tempted.) but we'll see.