Bug encounters

nocturnal YL

Time to show off my new Twitter account made for the Switch because otherwise no one would read it.

My experience with this game is rather bug-ridden. There are harmless UI quirks like the ones above, but I have also encountered game crashes twice.

In both occasions, the game crashed when I paused and unpaused during a Warriors Special animation. The game's screen would freeze, but the audio would keep going on for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then a Switch system message would show up saying that an error has occurred and the software needs to close.

The worst part is that the second time this happened, I was playing the boss battle of the 5th History Mode map. I was about to finish off the boss and clear the map, and this just has to happen at the worst moment. 30 minutes of gameplay, gone.

At least this isn't FE Echoes, and it didn't undo 10 floors worth of labyrinth progress.

Ouch at the game-freezing bugs.

I am pensively interested in learning more. Hopefully the game isn't too buggy, but I can't be as confident since the game isn't developed by Nintendo/IS themselves.

I did experience a couple of crashes during a demo I played, but demos are usually unpolished so I wasn't terribly worried.

Rip, hopefully they patched it since or a patch is in the works

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Ouch at the game-freezing bugs.

I am pensively interested in learning more. Hopefully the game isn't too buggy, but I can't be as confident since the game isn't developed by Nintendo/IS themselves.

I did experience a couple of crashes during a demo I played, but demos are usually unpolished so I wasn't terribly worried.

I've played Breath of the Wild on the switch, I've encountered several glitches. Enemy despawning mid fight right as I hit them with an arrow, falling through mountains, getting stuck in ceilings, floating npc models, the hd link model. So just because Nintendo doesn't make a game doesn't mean it's bug free. Just the bugs are there, but usually very hard or random to get or situational (climbing a mountain for instance) but it still makes a great game. I'll be honest other then the enemy despawning most of the time I'm like "Lol that happened, neat." So besides that freeze being annoying, I shouldn't have any problems with this game and glitches.

Wait I hope there is a glitch though, at least with the dlc, with hyrule warriors legends dlc, I cleard several 4+ weapon dlc maps, well unlocking those made tier 3 and 4 weapons droppable, so that's why some of my characters have their tier 3-4 weapons without me clearing the map. I hope this returns in some form despite it appearing like it would do nothing really since different drop system

Numerous instances where Anna does not show up. Once it took her until I was at 1900 KOs for her to finally appear. And I know that was just luck since on most maps where this is an issue, I can't get her to show up at all.

Edit: I figured it out. Anna appears when the player personally gets 1000 KOs. Unlike other KO conditions that involve your entire team. smh

Edited by Glennstavos

The game only crashed once here. It was chapter 11. I took a while to find the entrance to the keep with the dragon's vein to undo the fog, and had already defeated pretty much every officer and conquered every other keep aside from that one and the final one that remains locked until the fog is dispersed. However, once I used the dragon's vein to get rid of the fog, the game locked.

Edited by NeonZ

The only crash i had was in handheld mode with a finishing awakening attack,

but aside from that, the buggiest i saw for the game was in 2 player mode..... player twos map keeps flickering on and off whenever player 1 is doing to much on the screen. not to mention a ko from a duel special wont show your level up when a character levels up. I really hope 2 player mode gets some adjustments that makes it very less buggy when being played.

aside from the typical ui glitches, the game runs really slowly when dealing bonus damage, I think that it's intentional to give the hits more impact but when using archers when arrows hit fliers any arrows that wouldn't have hit anything else don't exist for whatever reason.

another one that popped up was the wrong camera angle showing up for xander's entrance animation, the following battle had no other issues however.

23120159_875095372666922_858695065491101

This reminds me of the Zant glitch in hyrule warriors before it was patched, where a cutscene made something weird happen that shouldnt happen, In this case. it seems Oboro went out of the map because she was stuck on lissas axe when a cutscene started to play. sucks that i have to do that arena map all over again because of this >.>

Edited by Thany

The Takumi battle on the Fates history map gave me more than one problem last night.

#1: After doing stuff elsewhere for a while, I swapped to Elise, who was at the allied base. Our fort captain was at about half health, so I healed him to full. I then corralled the captains at our base together, used Elise's strong 1 to open up their weak points, and triggered her special. When it was done...I failed the map due to losing the allied base. "What the fuck? How?" I asked.

#2: This time I barely let anyone get to the base. I was nearing the end, about to get the way open to Takumi. I had Xander trigger Awakening, killed some archers, then ran outside to have him end it on the outpost captain. Game crashed. "Oh my fucking God" I said.

#3: This is the one that may have arguably been my fault, but it still seems fishy, especially given the above two. All that happened is that I lost the base again, but it happened super fast. Like, a few minutes in, there were barely any enemies there, and I hadn't been warned about it being about to fall. I was doing the map the same way I had done it the first time and I hadn't nearly reached the point where I would have swapped to Elise.

On the 4th try I actually managed to clear it.

39 minutes ago, Florete said:

The Takumi battle on the Fates history map gave me more than one problem last night.

#1: After doing stuff elsewhere for a while, I swapped to Elise, who was at the allied base. Our fort captain was at about half health, so I healed him to full. I then corralled the captains at our base together, used Elise's strong 1 to open up their weak points, and triggered her special. When it was done...I failed the map due to losing the allied base. "What the fuck? How?" I asked.

#2: This time I barely let anyone get to the base. I was nearing the end, about to get the way open to Takumi. I had Xander trigger Awakening, killed some archers, then ran outside to have him end it on the outpost captain. Game crashed. "Oh my fucking God" I said.

#3: This is the one that may have arguably been my fault, but it still seems fishy, especially given the above two. All that happened is that I lost the base again, but it happened super fast. Like, a few minutes in, there were barely any enemies there, and I hadn't been warned about it being about to fall. I was doing the map the same way I had done it the first time and I hadn't nearly reached the point where I would have swapped to Elise.

Does this battle have lots of archers by any chance? Is the fort captain a flier?
My experience is that even grunts, those insignificant red specks on the map that may as well be invisible, can ruin your day if they happen to be archers and happen to be in your fort.
<- Had day ruined by them. Twice.

As for freezing at the end of an awakening, yeah, I don't use it much because of that. lol

Edited by Technoweirdo

2 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Does this battle have lots of archers by any chance? Is the fort captain a flier?
My experience is that even grunts, those insignificant red specks on the map that may as well be invisible, can ruin your day if they happen to be archers and happen to be in your fort.
<- Had day ruined by them. Twice.

Naw, fort captain was just an infantry lancer, I think. Definitely not a flier.

Just now, Florete said:

Naw, fort captain was just an infantry lancer, I think. Definitely not a flier.

Quickly checking, I've either got a version different from yours, picked the wrong battle, or they are indeed fliers. o0

There's really no explanation I've got if they aren't fliers.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

The Takumi mission crashed a lot for me too, usually whenever I did a Dual Warrior Attack.

I think that particular mission is genuinely bugged.

Edit: Nevermind, I misread it. I thought you meant the Takumi battle in story mode. Unless maybe it's Takumi himself who's bugged...

Edited by Anomalocaris

On 10/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, Glennstavos said:

Numerous instances where Anna does not show up. Once it took her until I was at 1900 KOs for her to finally appear. And I know that was just luck since on most maps where this is an issue, I can't get her to show up at all.

Edit: I figured it out. Anna appears when the player personally gets 1000 KOs. Unlike other KO conditions that involve your entire team. smh

Beyond that, it appears that Anna appears when dialogue/announcements catch up to the player getting 1,000 KOs. This is clearly done to help the player notice her when she appears, but in certain maps where objectives and status updates are rapidly spammed, it can potentially take a long time for her to spawn.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, Glennstavos said:

Sometimes it also takes her quite a while to show up after you fulfill the condition because she's waiting for a free "event" slot to open up. I've had 1k kill scrolls that didn't show up until I was at over 1.6k kills a few minutes later.