Power Creep and Changing Gacha Philosphy in Heroes

Rezzy

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Imagine we get Divinehardt:

Divine Thunder: Mt 9 Rng 2 Spd -2, attack twice when initiating combat.  Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP>70%.  Any follow-up occurs immediately.

Dark Moonbow: Cooldown 1 Resolve combat as if foe sufferd Def/Res-30%. (Skill cannot be inherited)

A: Swift Sparrow 2: If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd +4 during battle.

B: Melee Breaker 3: If unit's HP>50% in combat against a melee weapon user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. (Skill cannot be inherited)

C: Hone Self: Grants self Atk/Spd/Def/Res +6 through next actions at the start of each turn. (Skill cannot be inherited)

HP: 35

Atk: 32

Spd: 31

Def: 27

Res: 25

I think I caught a glimpse of it. So that is what beauty looks like.

6 hours ago, Zelgius said:

They could call this 'The Reinbow'.

The Arena will absolutely be full of sunshine and Reinbows if they release Divinehardt, at least for me anyways.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/21/2017 at 3:54 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Jugdral nature as a milking cow is my guess

In the current release, they only had 2 HW character of that game on a game that have 12. To give an idea at the rate they are going, with Naga and Lopt not factored in, they could make as much as 4 more separate release of Jugdral release by going with 1 HW, 2 Filler format

And for a filler slot Arden is TOP choice because he's a meme putting him WAY above "important but not really" like Jamka and no names like Midir/Alec/Noish and the in between like Azel and Lex

You don't compare Arden with Quan the same way Seth isn't released as an analogue to Elincia  You compare Arden with Tiltyu/Alec/Noish and suddenly it makes perfect sense why he's here

That's a good point. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of BK  (important and powerful in both game and story) and Masked Marth (same to a lesser extent), rather than Tobin whom Arden is actually pretty similar to and Clive who's somewhere in the middle. Still, solid sword armor, so eh even if I'd enjoy different units more.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

That's a good point. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of BK  (important and powerful in both game and story) and Masked Marth (same to a lesser extent), rather than Tobin whom Arden is actually pretty similar to and Clive who's somewhere in the middle. Still, solid sword armor, so eh even if I'd enjoy different units more.

Arden also placed third within Jugdral in CYL, not to mention top 100 overall.

A random thought just occurred to me.

What if the developers weren't sure if people would spend on the FE4 banners because it didn't have an international release? So they added things like the small power creep to try and entice people who haven't played it?

I mean still doesn't explain the surprise TT banner ambush but maybe they just weren't sure of the popularity/success of a FE4 theme hence they had to do some shaky tactics for this.

Perhaps their main audience is people who've played Awakening/Fates, hence the 3DS era focus on the limited banner units, so because they're doing a FE4 theme, they tried to add the power creep to get them to spend. Personally i was only going to do just 1 or 2 summons then do the dancer banner, but due to the urgency of a bonus unit I blew my orbs repeatedly to try and get a 40% unit.

I mean this is pure speculation of course since I'm not sure what the most successful banners were. 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

A random thought just occurred to me.

What if the developers weren't sure if people would spend on the FE4 banners because it didn't have an international release? So they added things like the small power creep to try and entice people who haven't played it?

I mean still doesn't explain the surprise TT banner ambush but maybe they just weren't sure of the popularity/success of a FE4 theme hence they had to do some shaky tactics for this.

Perhaps their main audience is people who've played Awakening/Fates, hence the 3DS era focus on the limited banner units, so because they're doing a FE4 theme, they tried to add the power creep to get them to spend. Personally i was only going to do just 1 or 2 summons then do the dancer banner, but due to the urgency of a bonus unit I blew my orbs repeatedly to try and get a 40% unit.

I mean this is pure speculation of course since I'm not sure what the most successful banners were. 

This is a pretty sound theory.  It would also explain why Rein is so damn busted.

Would like to see if this holds up for Thracia.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Watch them announce an FE4 remake in a week or two.

Literally perfect marketing.

Well... maybe not perfect, but pretty damn close.

I'd honestly love it if Switch was secretly that (would also explain the dev that wanted to 'do Binding Blade next'- he already did Jugdral), but a new title is fine by me. I still need a Switch, though.

I mean.... I wouldn't be upset by this. XD This would probably be what makes me buy a new game system.

It makes sense to me that they'd want to make FE4 units more appealing. And I'm honestly fine with that. I know I'm excited for them, but a younger audience might not care... But to be fair, based on appearance alone, Ayra is so beautiful that she probably doesn't need the powercreep. (I'll say the same thing about the others as well. I might've almost left my beau for Sigurd.)I'm also one of those people that will pull based on artwork... However BECAUSE she's on an awkward banner with another red unit, she needs it to make pulling for her worth it.

Watch. This whole fiasco was probably because someone screwed up in the development office, and this was the "best" way to fix it. XD

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Watch. This whole fiasco was probably because someone screwed up in the development office, and this was the "best" way to fix it. XD

If Ayra's still a Tempest reward, I'd call it a test to see if people would like to see Tempest characters on summonable banners so they don't need to rerun them as much. (Admit it, the idea of Tobin being a limited run character seems weird).

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

If Ayra's still a Tempest reward, I'd call it a test to see if people would like to see Tempest characters on summonable banners so they don't need to rerun them as much. (Admit it, the idea of Tobin being a limited run character seems weird).

It'd kind of be a huge kick in the pants to the people who whaled or are still desperately spending orbs for her,  if Ayra ended up being a TT reward even if she's only 4 stars.

I'd actually love to see all of the "free" characters added to the summoning pool, even if they're just added as 3/4 star exclusives. (I find it stranger that there are 3 different Xanders, and none of them are currently summonable.) We get a bigger 3/4 star pool, and these characters get stat variation. It's always seemed weird to me that the game would make some of those skills super exclusive. Like F. Robin has the only green -wolf tome AND blue tomebreaker. Michalis is the only one with Iote's shield. Not that any of those skills are in high demand....but still. Most other skills (unless they're character exclusive) are available in the main pool of characters in some form.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It'd kind of be a huge kick in the pants to the people who whaled or are still desperately spending orbs for her,  if Ayra ended up being a TT reward even if she's only 4 stars.

I'd actually love to see all of the "free" characters added to the summoning pool, even if they're just added as 3/4 star exclusives. (I find it stranger that there are 3 different Xanders, and none of them are currently summonable.) We get a bigger 3/4 star pool, and these characters get stat variation. It's always seemed weird to me that the game would make some of those skills super exclusive. Like F. Robin has the only green -wolf tome AND blue tomebreaker. Michalis is the only one with Iote's shield. Not that any of those skills are in high demand....but still. Most other skills (unless they're character exclusive) are available in the main pool of characters in some form.

Yeah, what they did here was not the best way to test that if it were true- but the idea of it is still liked by us, despite our backlash to this particular event.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arden also placed third within Jugdral in CYL, not to mention top 100 overall.

Do people genuinely like him, or was he the Dorcas of FE4?  Seems most people I know who played FE4 never list him among their favorites.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind getting a FE4 remake, assuming it's after the Switch title.  I'm wary of too many remakes in a row after FE11 and 12 were both remakes, and the reduced sales remakes typically get might make them lose faith in the series again.

Well if the Judgral Tempest is a two-parter like the Echoes one, then they can smoothly transition to either 2nd gen or FE5 (Reinhardt bonus unit when).

Now that I think of it- of the games left, they need to think of good ways to market them.

FE5 is probably the hardest to market but they could use this chance of FE4 theme to transition newer players to that world.

Wasn't FE10 the lowest selling FE? But that game has Ike's popularity to support it, plus Micaiah is in the top 10 in CYL, so there is leeway with that.

They might do another FE6 theme, since there hasn't been any units with that and it doesn't have an international release.  Roy's popularity will help support it but we already have Roy.

Pretty sure he's FE4's Dorcas.

Maybe we could have a meme lord Gauntlet

FE1: Wrys

FE4: Arden

FE5: Reinhardt

FE7: Dorcas

FE14: Takumi

I'm sure we could figure a few more to round it out.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Alec: What happened to Arden?
Noish: I put poison in his mutton.

---
Arden: This... has gotta be... the castle... please...

That mutton will taste great at the BBQ.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Well if the Judgral Tempest is a two-parter like the Echoes one, then they can smoothly transition to either 2nd gen or FE5 (Reinhardt bonus unit when).

Now that I think of it- of the games left, they need to think of good ways to market them.

FE5 is probably the hardest to market but they could use this chance of FE4 theme to transition newer players to that world.

Wasn't FE10 the lowest selling FE? But that game has Ike's popularity to support it, plus Micaiah is in the top 10 in CYL, so there is leeway with that.

They might do another FE6 theme, since there hasn't been any units with that and it doesn't have an international release.  Roy's popularity will help support it but we already have Roy.

Did FE10 sell worse than FE5?  Making a game on a console that had been obsolete for 3 years was a perplexing decision for that one.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Not counting B!Roy and the Narcian and Zephiel GHBs, we have not gotten a single FE6 unit since launch. I think it's time we start getting new FE6 units. 

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not counting B!Roy and the Narcian and Zephiel GHBs, we have not gotten a single FE6 unit since launch. I think it's time we start getting new FE6 units. 

Since it seems we have a seasonal Banner every other time, the rate of new units coming out in general is too slow for my liking.  Still no Micaiah yet.

We did get Klein in a banner since launch, but that's easy to forget, since it was a weird banner.

If we count RD as separate from PoR, it's the lowest with only one character, then Thracia with only two units.  If they stopped doing special banners all the time, we might get to see some more actual new characters, instead of the fifth version of Lucina.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I meant they'll visit the FE6 world to add more units since they haven't added any new ones. But yeah, if the next Echoes remake is FE5 (and not Judgral), then they'll probably wait a bit to market it with this...unless Switch FE is a new game.

@Rezzy FE13: Owain is probably the most memeworthy in term of quotes?.......Or Emmeryn?

FE15: Berkut aka UUNNNNNCCCLLLLLE and LIES!LIES!LIES!

Oh maybe it's Thracia? maybe I'm confusing the Tellius series being poor sales in Japan or something then but I keep hearing it was pretty low

edit: Oh right Klein. Maybe it's because he was in that weird paralogue with Sanaki.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I meant they'll visit the FE6 world to add more units since they haven't added any new ones. But yeah, if the next Echoes remake is FE5 (and not Judgral), then they'll probably wait a bit to market it with this...unless Switch FE is a new game.

@Rezzy FE13: Owain is probably the most memeworthy in term of quotes?.......Or Emmeryn?

FE15: Berkut aka UUNNNNNCCCLLLLLE and LIES!LIES!LIES!

Oh maybe it's Thracia? maybe I'm confusing the Tellius series being poor sales in Japan or something then but I keep hearing it was pretty low

I'd be surprised if they remade Thracia before Genealogy.  Unless they plan to announce another remake soon, we'd have to wait a long time, if they wanted the release of Leif to coincide with the next remake.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Rezzy

You can make probably make a meme vote out of archanea alone lol. We already have Jeorge and Wrys after all. 

Hmm, what meme did Jeorge originate?

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

IIRC its a popular prepromote meme in Japan thanks to his title and typo in Japanese version. 

I'm not familiar with that one, do you have a link explaining?