Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Punishful Staff (Mt 12 - Rng 2): "After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Foe's damage calculates as the foe is a staff unit".

Basically, after combat, the enemy team will be inflicted by a "unwrathful staff effect", which means the foe damage will be reduce by 50%. The foes effected by this effect will have the damage calculations as the foe was a staff unit. I put this effect on a inheritable weapon, but it could be on a exclusive weapon.

Cutting every enemies attack stat in half sounds do good for an inheritable weapon. Consider the fact that most buffs reduce things by 7 at the most and, well, most units deal significantly more than 14 damage.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Cutting every enemies attack stat in half sounds do good for an inheritable weapon. Consider the fact that most buffs reduce things by 7 at the most and, well, most units deal significantly more than 14 damage.

Yeah. The "Punishful Staff" would be a exclusive weapon, and maybe for a Legendary/Mythic Hero. Maybe changing the area effect from "target and foes within 2 spaces" to "target and adjacent foes", like Gravity's and Glare's area range.

I have some descriptions for this skill, but the effect is basically the same:

Sweet Lullaby 3 (C-Skill): At start of turn, inflicts status on foes within 2 spaces preventing counterattacks through their next actions.
or
Sweet Lullaby 3 (B-Skill): If Sing or Dance is used by unit, inflicts status on foes within 2 spaces of the target ally preventing counterattacks through their next actions.

Sweet Lullaby 1 requires user to have HP=100%, and Sweet Lullaby 2 requires user to have HP≥50%.

The C-Skill would also be exclusive for units that have Sing or Dance skills.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• 1 month later...

Null Shapeshifter 3: "Prevent foes within 2 spaces to transform. At start of turn, reverts all foe's transformation within 2 spaces. If unit's HP ≥ 50% and initiates combat against a dragon or beast foe, unit cannot counterattack"

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Chill Mobility: B skill
At start of turn, inflicts the following status on foe with highest movement: "Unit cannot move more than 1 space through its action."

Chill Bonus: B skill
At start of turn, inflicts the following status on foe with highest bonus: "Converts bonuses on units into penalties through its next action."

Chill Special: B skill
At start of turn, inflicts the following status on foe with lowest Special charge and resets their Special charge: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.) (Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.)"

Mystic Boost 4:
Disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res" and "calculate damage from staff like other weapons." Restores 8 HP after combat. Neutralizes out of combat damage and heals unit for the same amount.
*Basically, "fuck you Ophelia!"

Here's an idea for a C skill that would make Aether Raids far less annoying:

Performance Ploy: At start of turn, foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP are inflicted with a status that prevents them from using "Sing" or "Dance" through their next action.

I think Aether Raids should have made it so dancers are limited to one per team like in brigades, but since they're not, and I've seen teams with as many as three, I think it's high time we got a skill that gives them the finger.

And an idea for a sacred seal to make Arena more interesting:

Arena Inspiration: In modes like Arena, if this unit's total stats (excluding values from merges and skills) is not the highest on the team, then this units total stats are treated as equal to the unit on the team with the highest total stats (excluding values from merges and skills).

This could enable a little variety in upper tiers. Instead of always seeing Surtr/Myrrh/Tiki/Fae, you could encounter a little more variety without the use of Duel skills, but it would be limited to just one per team being a sacred seal. And any +10 units that you'd like to have fun with up there, but can't all just 'cause they lack stats (Or the necessary Duel skill, which you wouldn't enjoy using often anyway because it hogs the A skill slot!), could get a chance for a little usage.

@Namero Your "Performance Ploy" is quite interesting.  Can I make some changes?

• Before:
    At start of turn, foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP are inflicted with a status that prevents them from using "Sing" or "Dance" through their next action
  • After:
    At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP are inflicted with a status that prevents them from using "Sing" or "Dance" or be able to have another action from skills like "Sing" or "Dance" for 1 turn.

This skill would target not only dancers, preventing them from use Sing/Dance, but also prevent others units from being able to have another action just in case a Dancer isn't in the skill's area of effect.

And I agree with you about Aether Raid should have a 1 Dancer per Team limitation, just like the Brigade Teams

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Namero Your "Performance Ploy" is quite interesting.  Can I make some changes?

• Before:
    At start of turn, foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP are inflicted with a status that prevents them from using "Sing" or "Dance" through their next action
  • After:
    At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with HP < unit's HP are inflicted with a status that prevents them from using "Sing" or "Dance" or be able to have another action from skills like "Sing" or "Dance" for 1 turn.

That's even better. I'd whale like crazy for that skill. The first unit I'd put it on is Loki; now, not only are they unable to move, they're unable to sing/dance or be singed/danced. Sorry, Ophelia, you'll have to wait until next turn to attack! lol

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Salve of the Saboteur

C skill

At the beginning of your turn, restores 10 HP to any enemy units whose HP are low enough to activate one of their low-hp-dependent skills.

Healing your enemies! Yuck. How about this.

At the beginning of your turn, enemies in cardinal directions with HP < Unit's HP are inflicted with status "Disable skills that require a HP check".

This wouldn't just disable brazen/desperation skills, but would also work on things like Vengeful Fighter or Wary Fighter.

Edited by Jotari

On 01.03.2019 at 11:56 PM, XRay said:

Chill Mobility: B skill
At start of turn, inflicts the following status on foe with highest movement: "Unit cannot move more than 1 space through its action."

YOU are an armor. YOU are also an armor. EVERYONE is an armor!

Arena breaker, since you need to have cavalry to prevent everyone from being 1-mov'd, and those are nonexistent on higher tiers. Even outside of arena, breaks every map where there is no cavalry.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Healing your enemies! Yuck. How about this.

At the beginning of your turn, enemies in cardinal directions with HP < Unit's HP are inflicted with status "Disable skills that require a HP check".

This wouldn't just disable brazen/desperation skills, but would also work on things like Vengeful Fighter or Wary Fighter.

And also QR, Guard, Special Fighter and so forth...

But not Bold Fighter 3. Why IS, why did you make this one broken-as-fuck skill not have an HP check on highest level?

Alright here is one:

Eye for an Eye - Unique - B

If unit initiates combat, and their HP = 1, their attacks will always deal 100 damage, regardless of stats (but can be affected by specials).

Synergy with Miracle, PP only to prevent abuse in case vantage ever becomes a seal, and hilarious overkill in case you somehow pull it off with Astra. Possibly shit skill, since it's B-slot.

Edited by Kruggov

5 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Eye for an Eye - Unique - B

If unit initiates combat, and their HP = 1, their attacks will always deal 100 damage, regardless of stats (but can be affected by specials).

Synergy with Miracle, PP only to prevent abuse in case vantage ever becomes a seal, and hilarious overkill in case you somehow pull it off with Astra. Possibly shit skill, since it's B-slot.

Give them a Slaying Weapon+Quickened Pulse+Miracle+Steady breath. Throw them into an enemy phase you know they'll survive. Then put them on a team with three (non Heron) dancers and watch everything die.

I thought I saw Null Distant Counter/Close Counter as a skill effect tag in a data mine, but I could not find it anymore, so maybe I got it confused with another skill.
Null C/D Counter: B skill
Disables foe's skills that allows counterattack regardless of range.

Invisible Bond-Link...Thing!:
If there are allies with an Ally Support with this unit on the map, reduces damage dealt to unit to 0. (If there are two or more units with this skill on the map, this skill is disabled.)
Slightly less broken than Múspellflame and Embla's Ward. If Robin gets a Legendary or Mythic alt, maybe he/she can come with this.

Phoenix Mode:
If unit dies, unit revives during next Player Phase.

Plot Death:
Death of unit does not cause game over nor loss of points.
It would be most fitting on Scarlet.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

Null C/D Counter: B skill
Disables foe's skills that allows counterattack regardless of range.

That's basically Sacae's Blessing.

Also possibly that one of the weapons in 3.3.0 will have this effect.

6 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

That's basically Sacae's Blessing.

Sacae's Blessing disables counterattack and is affected by Null C Disrupt. Null D/C Counter disables counterattacking from any range, it does not disable counterattacks.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Sacae's Blessing disables counterattack and is affected by Null C Disrupt. Null D/C Counter disables counterattacking from any range, it does not disable counterattacks.

Considering Sacae's Blessing just targets physical melee weapons on a ranged unit, it basically is Null Distant Counter. IE Lances can't counter attack Bow Lyn unless they have Distant Counter of some sort to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Considering Sacae's Blessing just targets physical melee weapons on a ranged unit, it basically is Null Distant Counter. IE Lances can't counter attack Bow Lyn unless they have Distant Counter of some sort to begin with.

The difference is how it interacts with other skills. Sacae's Blessing is disabled by Null C-Disrupt, whereas a hypothetical Null All-Range Counter would not.

Sacae's Blessing also does not block Distant Counter on beast units.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference is how it interacts with other skills. Sacae's Blessing is disabled by Null C-Disrupt, whereas a hypothetical Null All-Range Counter would not.

Sacae's Blessing also does not block Distant Counter on beast units.

Doesn't counter breath units either. So basically it'd would be outright superior to Sacae's Blessing, which is a personal skill which by all rights should remain somewhat useful.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't counter breath units either.

You already restricted it to "physical melee weapons" in your previous post of which breath weapons are not.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't counter breath units either. So basically it'd would be outright superior to Sacae's Blessing, which is a personal skill which by all rights should remain somewhat useful.

We already have a weapon refinery to update weapon skills. There's literally nothing preventing them from eventually implementing a means of updating other types of skills. Furthermore, with the staff update and the New Power weapons, there's already precedent for adding new skills to existing units.

Furthermore, with the current pattern of Null skills being restricted to infantry units, a hypothetical Null All-Range Counter would not be strictly better than Sacae's Blessing because Null All-Range Counter would not be able to be used by cavalry. Lyn with Null All-Range Counter would not be better than Lyn with Sacae's Blessing because the former would not exist. It's a similar argument as Legendary Ryoma's Bushido compared to the mostly superior Wrath that he cannot use.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

The difference is that Distant Counter-Null C Disrupt can counterattack against Sacae's Blessing, whereas Distant Counter-Null C Disrupt cannot counterattack against Null D/C Counter. Sacae's Blessing is basically a shittier version.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You already restricted it to "physical melee weapons" in your previous post of which breath weapons are not.

Yes, I suppose I did. Of course one would have to question whether Sacae's Blessing would have included Beast Units had they existed at the time of its creation.

We already have a weapon refinery to update weapon skills. There's literally nothing preventing them from eventually implementing a means of updating other types of skills. Furthermore, with the staff update and the New Power weapons, there's already precedent for adding new skills to existing units.

Not at all impossible and I hope we do see it some day. There's a lot of underwhelming units that deserve to have new or more powerful skills (that aren't attached to weapons) that they had in their own games.

Furthermore, with the current pattern of Null skills being restricted to infantry units, a hypothetical Null All-Range Counter would not be strictly better than Sacae's Blessing because Null All-Range Counter would not be able to be used by cavalry. Lyn with Null All-Range Counter would not be better than Lyn with Sacae's Blessing because the former would not exist. It's a similar argument as Legendary Ryoma's Bushido compared to the mostly superior Wrath that he cannot use.

Indeed if it's Cavalry excluded then there's no issue as it's not, essentially, a common skill that is far and away superior to a unique skill that Cav!Lyn can equip.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Of course one would have to question whether Sacae's Blessing would have included Beast Units had they existed at the time of its creation.

Likely not. Of particular note, unrefined Vidofnir (I believe) is the only other skill in the game that activates only against swords, lances, and axes, and it also did not get beast weapons added to the list when beasts were implemented. All skills that activate against swords, lances, axes, and breath weapons got beast weapons added.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Indeed if it's Cavalry excluded then there's no issue as it's not, essentially, a common skill that is far and away superior to a unique skill that Cav!Lyn can equip.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who thinks Null skills will ever be allowed on cavalry is delusional.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Idunn, but I think her Breath is sadly a bit inconsistent. Which is why I think of some skills along those line.

Heavy Foot (Seal)
At start of each turn restricts Movement to 1, but grants +7 Def/Res in combat.

Berserk (A)
Inflicts -7 Def as a penalty on Unit at start of turn but grants 7 Attack in Combat if unit has a penalty.

Absolute fortress (A)
Inflicts -5 Attack as a penalty at start of turn, but grants +10 Def/Res in combat if unit has a penalty.

Feel free to give some thoughts on those. At least I think they would help Idunn a bit to help her breath. Optionaly they could work in a different way so that these skills self inflict a penalty after each combat.

Edited by Stroud

48 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Heavy Foot (Seal)
At start of each turn restricts Movement to 1, but grants +7 Def/Res in combat.

I would argue Def/Res+7 is not enough. I think Def/Res +10 would be better.

47 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Inflicts -5 Attack as a penalty at start of turn, but grants +10 Def/Res in combat if unit has a penalty.

It is probably safe to make it Atk-1 or just get rid of the penalty to Atk since Fort. Def/Res has Atk-2 while regular Fortress Def and Fortress Res have Atk-3.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would argue Def/Res+7 is not enough. I think Def/Res +10 would be better.

True 10 could be better in that case. It would grant Idunn +4 Atk/SPD +14 Def/Res on any turn. She does not even need to take damage and as a Armored unit she has only 1 movement by default anyway.  

Also realized that I was a bit mistaken about her weapon. (Testing helps xD). I thought that +4 on all stats only kicks in if she has (HP < 99% or ailment) AND penalty. But she only needs have HP < 99% or ailment.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is probably safe to make it Atk-1 or just get rid of the penalty to Atk since Fort. Def/Res has Atk-2 while regular Fortress Def and Fortress Res have Atk-3.

Hmm, the reason for it to be a penalty was that Idunn can make use of it, but now that I think of it if she neutralizes the Penalty +10 Def/Res wouldn't kick in...
I thought at first that she would not be afflicted by the penalty but still gets the merits for this skill. 
Just improving Fortress Res/Def is to early and I don't know about this. 

I guess I can make it like this:

Endurance (A)

If unit has any penalty grants +10 Def/Res in combat. 

I should give more of an explanation next time. Maybe my intention behind it was not clear. And I was a bit mistaken about Idunns breath anyway.