Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

4 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Hmm, the reason for it to be a penalty was that Idunn can make use of it, but now that I think of it if she neutralizes the Penalty +10 Def/Res wouldn't kick in...

Ah, I see. Maybe make it Atk-1 or Spd-1 or some other inconsequential penalty/status, since I do not think the full Atk-5 is necessary.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah, I see. Maybe make it Atk-1 or Spd-1 or some other inconsequential penalty/status, since I do not think the full Atk-5 is necessary.

Yeah, it still has a weakness against Hrid anyway as a trade off. So I could just make it Atk-1 as a penalty. Also it works like a little protection for Penalties overall. 

So I make it like this:

At start of turn inflicts Atk-1 as a penalty, if penalty is active unit gets +10 Def/Res in combat.

Its hidden under a condition anyway, which would be a trade off to Fortres Def/Res.
I don't know if Intsys will come up with something like this anyway, Idunn was a chance to introduce such skill. But who knows. 

4 hours ago, Stroud said:

Feel free to give some thoughts on those. At least I think they would help Idunn a bit to help her breath. Optionaly they could work in a different way so that these skills self inflict a penalty after each combat.

The problem with Berserk and Absolute Fortress is the fact that debuffs wear off when a unit makes an action or the player ends their turn, meaning debuffs inflicted at the beginning of your turn would have expired on enemy phase.

Furthermore, as far as game mechanics goes, "adverse status effects" are specifically mentioned in the Japanese skill descriptions for Gjoll and Restore to be "effects that last until the the unit's next action", so it's unlikely they'll ever make debuffs that expire after more turns.

To make the effects actually work on enemy phase, the debuffs for Berserk and Absolute Fortress should be inflicted after the unit takes an action (or the player ends their turn).

Human Skeptic: C skill
If unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, grants Def/Res+7 to unit and beast and dragon allies within 3 spaces during combat, and unit and beast and dragon allies within 3 spaces gain: "If foe does not use dragonstone or beast damage, neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat, and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"
*Opposite of Hone Humans, basically Screw Humans. Fight racism with racism!

Stat Subversion — Stat/Stat Subversion: A skill:
If unit initiates combat, inflicts Stat-6//Stat/Stat-4 on foe during combat.
*Basically reverse Blow.

Stat Corruption — Stat/Stat Corruption: A skill:
If foe initiates combat, inflicts Stat-6//Stat/Stat-4 on foe during combat.
*Basically reverse Stance.

Troll Fog of War: Sacred Seal
If unit is on a defense team, player's screen is black until unit is killed.
*Annoy the hell out of players!

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

There are some good ideas for Version Level 4 of the other Blows/Stances?

Maybe I can think some.

Darting Blow 4 is not as powerful as Death Blow 4, so I imagine that it would come with Null Follow-Up to enforce the regular Spd check mechanic.
If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+8 and disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack and foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack.

As for Armored Blow and Warding Blow, they are kind of underwhelming if they are just Sturdy Impact or Mirror Impact sans Atk+6, so I imagine them to also include Guard as an effect.
If unit initiates combat, grants Def or Res +12 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Darting Blow 4 is not as powerful as Death Blow 4, so I imagine that it would come with Null Follow-Up to enforce the regular Spd check mechanic.
If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+8 and disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack and foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack.

As for Armored Blow and Warding Blow, they are kind of underwhelming if they are just Sturdy Impact or Mirror Impact sans Atk+6, so I imagine them to also include Guard as an effect.
If unit initiates combat, grants Def or Res +12 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Null follow up would be a tad too much because it would allow comboing it with Desperation. Either optimg for Flashing Blade or... Windsweep!!! (but that would open another can of misery but it only allows for one attack)

59 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Null follow up would be a tad too much because it would allow comboing it with Desperation.

I do not think comboing with Desperation is that bad. Quick Riposte is practically mandatory on Enemy Phase units, so I think nerfing it a bit is fine to give more reason to run Spd tanks.

Reverse Def/Res: B Skill

If Unit's HP=100% (1)/>75% (2)/>50% (3), treats enemy Def/Res as if it is (60 - enemy's actual Def/Res) during combat. Infantry only

Now that we're getting more and more unkillable-without-TA-or-effective-damage tanks (even moreso now that there's undebuffable Idunn), there has to be a skill to counter that. Also screws with specials that run off of Def or Res.

Disarm Trap feels a bit underwhelming.
Disarm Trap 4: B skill; Daggers Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys all traps.

Siege Structure: B skill; Bows and Tomes Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys defensive structures and breakable walls within the same column as unit. (Does not affect structures that cannot be destroyed.)

Dispel Obstacle: B skill; Staff Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys resource structures and ornaments within the same column as unit.

Arson Inferno: B skill; Melee Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn, destroys defensive structures, resource structures, ornaments, and breakable walls adjacent to unit. During combat, reduces foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by number of defensive structures, resource structures, ornaments, or breakable walls adjacent to foe × 4.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Disarm Trap feels a bit underwhelming.
Disarm Trap 4: B skill; Daggers Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys all traps.

Siege Structure: B skill; Bows and Tomes Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys defensive structures and breakable walls within the same column as unit. (Does not affect structures that cannot be destroyed.)

Dispel Obstacle: B skill; Staff Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn 1, destroys resource structures and ornaments within the same column as unit.

Arson Inferno: B skill; Melee Only
While attacking in Aether Raids, at the start of turn, destroys defensive structures, resource structures, ornaments, and breakable walls adjacent to unit. During combat, reduces foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by number of defensive structures, resource structures, ornaments, or breakable walls adjacent to foe × 4.

Jeez, let's do this instead:

Earthquake: B Skill
If unit is used in Aether Raids, at start of Turn 1, destroy all enemy's defensive structures, resource structures, ornaments, and breakable walls.... Just kidding.

I liked your ideas for Aetehr Raids skills.

Disarm Trap 4 could be the same effect of Disarm Trap 3, but including adjacent allies too. And I would reduce the multiplier from Arson Inferno, from x4 to x2.

Another idea:
Fortress Boost: A Skill (or B Skill)
If unit is within two spaces to unit's Fortress (D) or Fortess (O), grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res=Fortress's level and nullifies negative status effects to unit during combat.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Disarm Trap 4 could be the same effect of Disarm Trap 3, but including adjacent allies too. And I would reduce the multiplier from Arson Inferno, from x4 to x2.

x2 feels too weak in my opinion, since players have no control over Structure (D) layout, and while most players know how to manipulate AI movement to a certain degree, getting the AI to move exactly where you want is quite a bit more difficult. x4 also punishes defense teams who group up Structures (D) together and it makes it easier to fight armor units stuck in a corner.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

x2 feels too weak in my opinion, since players have no control over Structure (D) layout, and while most players know how to manipulate AI movement to a certain degree, getting the AI to move exactly where you want is quite a bit more difficult. x4 also punishes defense teams who group up Structures (D) together and it makes it easier to fight armor units stuck in a corner.

You have a point. I still think x4 is too much, because the player can get +8 easily by placing the unit adjacent to 2 destroyed structures, and the max would be +16 to all stats. x2 feels too week indeed, so maybe x3?

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You have a point. I still think x4 is too much, because the player can get +8 easily by placing the unit adjacent to 2 destroyed structures, and the max would be +16 to all stats. x2 feels too week indeed, so maybe x3?

Only the foe loses stats when it is adjacent to a standing structure, and practically speaking, the chances of a foe being adjacent to three or more Structures is pretty slim, so the most common debuff would be all stat -4 or -8.

The unit does not gain any stats being adjacent to structures.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Only the foe loses stats when it is adjacent to a standing structure, and practically speaking, the chances of a foe being adjacent to three or more Structures is pretty slim, so the most common debuff would be all stat -4 or -8.

The unit does not gain any stats being adjacent to structures.

Oh, ok. For some reason I read that the unit would receive the buff, and not the enemy receiving the debuff. Ok, now that's make sense. x4 is fair enough.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, ok. For some reason I read that the unit would receive the buff, and not the enemy receiving the debuff. Ok, now that's make sense. x4 is fair enough.

Yeah, the idea is that the arsonist is sabotaging buildings adjacent to the foe so stuff will fall on the foe and reduce their stats.

— — — — — — —

Maybe Breakers need a buff.

Spoiler

Rauðrbreaker: B slot; Prerequisite: Swordbreaker, R Tomebreaker
If unit is in combat against a red foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Blárbreaker: B slot; Prerequisite: Lancebreaker, B Tomebreaker
If unit is in combat against a blue foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Gronnbreaker: B slot; Prerequisite: Axebreaker, G Tomebreaker
If unit is in combat against a green foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Hvítrbreaker/Litlausbreaker: B slot; Prerequisite: Bowbreaker, Daggerbreaker
If unit is in combat against a colorless foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

I think Air Orders need a buff.

Spoiler

Air Orders 4A: C slot
At start of turn, grants the following status effect to flying allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn: "Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces."

Air Orders 4B: C slot
At start of turn, grants the following status effect to adjacent allies for 1 turn: "Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces."

Edited by XRay

• 3 weeks later...

Short Breath: A Skill: Calculate damage using the lower of enemy's defense or resistance. Breath units only.

Adaptive damage against all enemies (well all except the ones that negate it like Eir).

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...

Formshift: Ignore conditions required to transform.

Not Racist: Adjacent units can transform as if this unit were a beast or breath unit (non beast and breath units only).

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Formshift: Ignore conditions required to transform.

Not Racist: Adjacent units can transform as if this unit were a beast or breath unit (non beast and breath units only).

I considered both of these as hypothetical skills. Ironically I think every unit who canonically had formshift and wasn’t a dragon is already in the game.

”Not Racist” (or “Friend of the Beasts” as I’d call it) should come from someone like Zihark.

Well with all the Skills regarding AR I may think about some other skill here.

B Skill : Structure Pass
On Aetheraid unit can bypass any destructible building.

I just limit it to destructible buildings, because passing the Fortress would be too strong for my guess. Or would it? I don't know if it would be useful though. xD

18 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I considered both of these as hypothetical skills. Ironically I think every unit who canonically had formshift and wasn’t a dragon is already in the game.

”Not Racist” (or “Friend of the Beasts” as I’d call it) should come from someone like Zihark.

Rather than Formshift they could call it Laguz Gem. Although that might be a bit weird if it's equippable to the other beast units. Alternatively alternatively they could call it Halfshift and give it to Volug as an inheritable skill (although unlike the actual half shift skill it'd be better if there's no down side, as competing against other skills is already a big enough disincentive to equip it).

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Rather than Formshift they could call it Laguz Gem. Although that might be a bit weird if it's equippable to the other beast units. Alternatively alternatively they could call it Halfshift and give it to Volug as an inheritable skill (although unlike the actual half shift skill it'd be better if there's no down side, as competing against other skills is already a big enough disincentive to equip it).

What slot were you thinking, speaking of?

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

What slot were you thinking, speaking of?

A skill for formshift makes the most sense given it's a self buffing skill (in a manner of speaking). Having it be an exclusve seal also would work (though personally I think there should be no exclusive seals).

Not Racist would of course be a C skill as it involves unit interaction and C skills are probably the least contest slots (after ally skills).

Staff: Einhrendance (personal weapon)

Foe cannot counterattack. Disables enemy B passives. (Does not disable the effect of B passives used in the Sacred Seal slot.)

Assist (Staff user): Lumin Recover

Restores HP to target equal to 50% of units Atk +10. Restores 25% of recovered HP to unit as well. After healing, grants Def/Res +6 to target and all allies (including unit) within 2 spaces of target ally.

Special (staff): Excess (CD: 3)

Offensive Special: Adds 5 damage to units attack. After combat, restores HP to unit and all allies within 3 spaces equal to 50% of units Atk.

I've had ideas for a strong Staff unit in mind, and the above would be his or her personal skills. Though I like the idea of Excess just being a new Staff skill overall...