Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

Certain/Flashing/Heavy/Disturbing Blow: (Slot A) If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and cooldown charge+1 per attack. (Basically player phase breath skills)

Seal of conviction: (sacred seal) Ignore HP thresholds on unit's other skills.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiendish Blow 1/2/3
Passive A, branches from Death Blow 1
Tome Exclusive
If unit initiates combat, grants unit Atk+2/4/6 and nullifies foe's hidden bonuses (from skills like Ward, Drive, etc) during combat.
In Three Houses, this is essentially Death Blow for magic users, but since Atk is the only stat for damage in FEH and we already have Death Blow I decided to make it nullify invisible buffs. Using this alongside a Lull skill essentially lets the unit ignore all buffs (or at least 2 buffs, in Lull's case) when they initiate combat. I decided to treat it as a Tier 2 skill as a sort of trade-off for the nullification ability, since Tome users can already use Death Blow.

Alert Stance 1/2/3
Passive A
Not Exclusive
If unit does not initiate combat, grants Def/Res+4/6/8 during combat if foe initiates combat.
This is another skill from Three Houses, but it grants Avoid in that game so I turned it into a better (but more situational) Bracing Stance instead. At the cost of forfeiting their attacks during Player Phase, they're granted up to twice more Def/Res than Bracing Stance provides. This is for units that absolutely thrive in Enemy Phase combat, and is perfect for defensive units that spend most of their time using Assist skills on their allies. I decided to make it standalone instead of an upgrade of Steady or Warding Stance 1, because the normal Stance skills don't lose their buffs when attacking in the Player Phase. 
One build you could do with this skill is a movement skill and Def/Res Link, letting you gain a total of 12 Def/Res while moving your ally out of harm's way. You could also do it with Wings of Mercy, teleporting to an ally while moving them away from harm and still getting Def/Res+6 (making this a perfect for Black Knight, who already comes with Wings of Mercy and pretty much already follows this style of combat).

Weight Reduction 1/2/3
Passive C
Physical Armor Exclusive
Grants Spd+1/2/3. If unit has an adjacent armored ally at the start of turn, grants Spd+1/2/3 during combat.
Originally from Three Houses, but all it does there is lower the overall weight of your weapons. In my version for FEH, it's pretty much Darting Blow and Darting Stance in one skill, but for Armor Emblem.
By itself, it's a generic Spd+3. However, if you're adjacent to an Armored unit at the start of the turn, you gain an additional 3 Spd during combat, making the total gain 6. Add this to a Darting Blow or Stance, and this becomes a total Spd+12 during the chosen phase. I made it a C skill so that you'll need an ally with Armor March to take full advantage of it, making it pretty much necessary to put the user on an Armor Emblem team. It's also practically an Armor-exclusive Rouse Spd (Rouse skills being exclusive to Infantry and Cavalry), letting them have some sort of independent role just as Edelgard — even if its condition is more Bond than Solo. Speaking of A skills, this becomes a pretty great skill alongside Distant Counter (or Close Counter with Armored Bows like Halloween!Jakob).

• 3 weeks later...

Since Attack/Spd Push 4 kinda revitalized a otherwise dead skill. Skills i would like to be revitalized as Tier 4 Skills:

Earth/Water Boost 2: If units HP at start of combat is >= 3 foes HP grants +7 Def and +7 RES to unit and inflicts - 7 Def and -7Res on foe during combat
Fire/Wind Boost 2: same as above just with SPD and Atk
Spectrum Boost 2: If units HP at start of combat is >= 3 foes HP grants +4 to Atk/Spd/def/res to unit and inflicts -4 Atk/Spd/def/res on foe during combat.
no skill inherit restriction

Obstruct 4: If units HP > 25%, foes cannot move through  spaces adjacent to unit (this skill DOES prevent pass!). Adjacent Allies and unit split recieved damage during combat half/half (only 1 similar effect applies).
no Restriction

Pass 4:  Unit can move through foes spaces. If unit moves through foes spaces, unit can move 1 extra space (this is not a visible buff, the range is calculated on the move you are makeing, so a new mechanic).
no Restriction (hence why Obstruct does prevent Pass)
(yes I am well aware that Cav units might possible move 4 spaces).

HP 4: Grants +10 HP. If units HP > 50% inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack.
no Restriction

Breath of Life 4: If unit initiates combat, restores 10 HP to allies within 2 Spaces and inflicts -7 Atk to foes within 2 Spaces
Restriction: Infantry only

thoughts? what skills would you like to see bumped up.

Venin [Edge, Lance, Axe, Bow]/Venin [Edge, Lance, Axe, Bow]+
10/14 Might (8/12 Might with Bow)
Effect: Slows Special trigger (cooldown count +1). If unit attacks, inflicts 10 damage to foe after combat.
Essentially a Poison Strike weapon that triggers during both phases. I gave it what is essentially the "Bladetome drawback" because these weapons are essentially a better Deathly Dagger (except it trades the Savage Blow effect for a dual phase usability), and the weapons would be mainly used for chip damage anyhow. I did, however, make it so that the unit has to be able to counterattack to get the effect off, which would make Null C-Disrupt its best friend.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

Since Attack/Spd Push 4 kinda revitalized a otherwise dead skill. Skills i would like to be revitalized as Tier 4 Skills:

Earth/Water Boost 2: If units HP at start of combat is >= 3 foes HP grants +7 Def and +7 RES to unit and inflicts - 7 Def and -7Res on foe during combat
Fire/Wind Boost 2: same as above just with SPD and Atk
Spectrum Boost 2: If units HP at start of combat is >= 3 foes HP grants +4 to Atk/Spd/def/res to unit and inflicts -4 Atk/Spd/def/res on foe during combat.
no skill inherit restriction

Obstruct 4: If units HP > 25%, foes cannot move through  spaces adjacent to unit (this skill DOES prevent pass!). Adjacent Allies and unit split recieved damage during combat half/half (only 1 similar effect applies).
no Restriction

Pass 4:  Unit can move through foes spaces. If unit moves through foes spaces, unit can move 1 extra space (this is not a visible buff, the range is calculated on the move you are makeing, so a new mechanic).
no Restriction (hence why Obstruct does prevent Pass)
(yes I am well aware that Cav units might possible move 4 spaces).

HP 4: Grants +10 HP. If units HP > 50% inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack.
no Restriction

Breath of Life 4: If unit initiates combat, restores 10 HP to allies within 2 Spaces and inflicts -7 Atk to foes within 2 Spaces
Restriction: Infantry only

thoughts? what skills would you like to see bumped up.

Pass 4 can just be denied to cavalry. I certainly wouldn't complain if that was a thing.

I'll make my own edits to Hilda's upgrades.

Obstruct 4
Foes cannot pass through spaces adjacent to unit. Foes adjacent to unit that move ≥ 2 spaces move 1 less space.
Essentially normal Obstruct without an HP restriction, as well as an effect that lowers movement (less effective than Gravity, but can't be nullified by Restore). So you can attack with a melee unit, and if they don't kill the foe then that foe will have their movement lowered. All-in-all, it actually makes Obstruct usable as a Taunt skill. The skill essentially cancels out Armor March and Fallen!Tiki's Solitary Dream, as well as Legendary!Azura's Gray Waves on a unit adjacent to the Obstruct 4 user.

Pass 4
Unit can pass through foes. If unit initiates combat after passing through foe, neutralizes unit's penalties during combat.
Normal Pass without an HP restriction, and also nullifies the unit's penalties like with Tier 4 Bond skills. The penalty negation, however, can only happen when the unit goes to a space where they must pass through the unit. Move to the opposite side of your foe and attack from there? Nullify your penalties. Foe tries using a tree to cut you off? Move through them and nullify your penalties in the process. Move to a space you could normally move to without Pass? No penalty nullification. This in turn makes it the most effective skill to place on Infantry and Cavalry units, since the Fliers' unrestricted movement hinders its usefulness and Armored units would need to completely dedicate their builds the skill. Obviously works best alongside Galeforce.

Breath of Life 4
Unit and allies within 2 spaces gain: "If unit initiates attack, adjacent allies recover 10 HP after combat."
Transforms Breath of Life into "Staves are soooo 2019". Staves (specifically Wrazzle-Dazzle Staves) become "A hooker must've been here, because my Vengeance disappeared". Galeforce becomes useful in a supporting role (with smart planning, that is). Of course, this only really works when units are tight-knit, making it far less useful on Solo units and most useful on units that regularly take advantage of Bond effects. Making it 2 spaces despite the gained effect only affecting adjacent allies is due to the fact it only works when initiating; it would be nearly impossible to make any use of it if both parts were adjacency-reliant. Most usable with ranged units, though Galeforce users can activate it more often.

Now for my own Tier 4 skill idea:

Fortress Def 4 (Edited, credit to Ice Dragon)
Grants Def+6. Inflicts Atk-2. If unit's Special triggers based on a foe's attack, unit takes 6 less damage when Special triggers.
Transforms Fortress Def into a skill truly made for a Tank. Sure, Fortess Def/Res 3 gives/inflicts the same value (but in 2 stats...and Atk), but Fortress Def (and Fortress Res) 4 give a total of +12 Def (or Res) as long as the unit uses a Special like Aegis or Pavise, with half of that increase being immune to Specials like Moonbow. So a unit that originally has 34 Def would have 40 Def, and would have an effective Def of 46 when Aegis or Pavise activate. If Moonbow activates at the same time, only the 40 Def would be affected by Moonbow, so your Def would essentially be treated as 34 (28+6) instead of 32 (rounded down from 32.2, 70% of 46).
Now, if you had Shield Pulse at the same time, that's a total of 11 reduced damage. Doing the same math, the effective Def would be 51, with 11 of that being unaffected by Moonbow. Therefore, with Moonbow activating, it'd be essentially treated as 39 (28+11) instead of 37 (32+5).

Armor March 4
If unit has an adjacent armored ally at start of turn, unit and any such allies can move 1 extra space. If unit and any such allies are adjacent to Mountain terrain at start of turn, they can treat Mountain terrain as Plain. (That turn only, does not stack.)
I tried wording it in a way that would be...understandable? Essentially, it's Armor March but also grants the unit and any allies adjacent to Mountain terrain at the start of the turn, the ability to travel on said terrain as though it were Plain, giving them a lot more navigation options on certain maps that are normally dominated by Flier Emblem teams.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

13 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Foes cannot pass through spaces adjacent to unit. Foes adjacent to unit that move ≥ 2 spaces move 1 less space.

This is probably better-worded as "foes adjacent to unit have their movement restricted to 2 spaces".

Grants Def+6. Inflicts Atk-2. If unit's Special lessens damage taken, grants unit Def+6 during combat when Special activates.

It would be stronger to make it reduce damage (like Shield Pulse) instead of increase Def. The reason is that if the opponent activates Luna or Moonbow at the same time, then reducing damage is more effective than increasing Def. (Yes, I realize this would have the added bonus of reducing damage from Res-targeting attacks.)

That said, defensive Specials are still absolute garbage (outside of Ice Mirror, Basilikos and its clones, and Golden Dagger).

This would also behave weirdly with Miracle.

This would also be useless on ranged units because they cannot learn defensive Specials.

If unit has an adjacent armored ally at start of turn, unit and any such allies can move 1 extra space. If unit and any such allies are adjacent to Mountain terrain at start of turn, they can treat Mountain terrain as Plain. (That turn only, does not stack.)

Traveling on impassible terrain temporarily is really weird. The game literally treats those terrain types as "this unit simply cannot exist on this square". You cannot use movement Assists to move the unit onto the square and you cannot switch your Pair-Up leader if the back unit cannot stand on that square.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is probably better-worded as "foes adjacent to unit have their movement restricted to 2 spaces".

Then what about Armored units? Under that wording, they wouldn't have their movement restricted to 1.

It would be stronger to make it reduce damage (like Shield Pulse) instead of increase Def. The reason is that if the opponent activates Luna or Moonbow at the same time, then reducing damage is more effective than increasing Def. (Yes, I realize this would have the added bonus of reducing damage from Res-targeting attacks.)

That said, defensive Specials are still absolute garbage (outside of Ice Mirror, Basilikos and its clones, and Golden Dagger).

This would also behave weirdly with Miracle.

This would also be useless on ranged units because they cannot learn defensive Specials.

I see what you mean. If I worded it like Shield Pulse, it would make for a total of 11 reduced damage regardless of the type of offensive special the opponent uses if I were to use it with Shield Pulse. Changed~
Defensive Specials aren't complete garbage. There are some niche builds on certain Tanks that completely wall many units. Still...if they had some kind of usage outside of simply defending, like how Ice Mirror does its thing, they'd be a lot better.
Miracle doesn't lessen the damage taken, it simply makes the unit survive with 1 HP regardless of the opponent's damage output. At least, I think it does.

Traveling on impassible terrain temporarily is really weird. The game literally treats those terrain types as "this unit simply cannot exist on this square". You cannot use movement Assists to move the unit onto the square and you cannot switch your Pair-Up leader if the back unit cannot stand on that square.

Yeah...I was sort of just trying to give Armor March an effect that would make it more useful to Armored units but still keep its name's theme. I'm not sure what different effect I could give to it that still stays with that theme.

50 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Then what about Armored units? Under that wording, they wouldn't have their movement restricted to 1.

Oh, I missed the equals half of the greater than or equals sign.

Honestly, I'd just do a blanket "foes adjacent to unit have their movement range reduced to 1 space". I don't think this effect is so strong as to need to be weakened to just minus 1 movement range.

51 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Defensive Specials aren't complete garbage. There are some niche builds on certain Tanks that completely wall many units. Still...if they had some kind of usage outside of simply defending, like how Ice Mirror does its thing, they'd be a lot better.

The problem is that defending is too niche of a role. It's virtually pointless in every game mode except those where the opponent loses after a certain number of turns (Aether Raids on defense, Grand Conquest on defense, "survive for x turns" as the player, and the defunct Relay Defense mode as the player).

It's only a passable role in Arena offense due to the increase in the number of wallbreakers in the meta (Byleth, Sothis, marathon runner Tiki, etc.).

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Miracle doesn't lessen the damage taken, it simply makes the unit survive with 1 HP regardless of the opponent's damage output. At least, I think it does.

The actual damage number that appears when Miracle activates is reduced to equal the actual damage dealt, which is different in behavior than normal attacks that overkill as well as out-of-combat damage that leaves the opponent with 1 HP.

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Yeah...I was sort of just trying to give Armor March an effect that would make it more useful to Armored units but still keep its name's theme. I'm not sure what different effect I could give to it that still stays with that theme.

Teleport adjacent to any unit within 2 squares. Move again after using an Assist.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Teleport adjacent to any unit within 2 squares. Move again after using an Assist.

Sounds pretty reasonable. It would help armor defense teams exert more pressure instead of being total pushovers.

Even Renewal: Recover 10 HP at the start of every second turn starting from turn 2.

Basically the exact same thing as Renewal 3, but restores HP on even turns instead of odd ones. Pair this with the Renewal seal and you can have any unit recovering 10 hp on every turn like Alvis.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Even Renewal: Recover 10 HP at the start of every second turn starting from turn 2.

Basically the exact same thing as Renewal 3, but restores HP on even turns instead of odd ones. Pair this with the Renewal seal and you can have any unit recovering 10 hp on every turn like Alvis.

I just rather have Renewal 4 that heals on every turn. As it is, Renewal is already very underwhelming, and devoting 2 slots for sustainability is pretty bad in my opinion when there are so many better combat options out there and offloading healing is generally a lot more efficient.

Here's a basic start to an idea. What if you could give a unit a second Move type? Assume these are Sacred Seals.

Marching Boots - adds Infantry
Brave Steed - adds Cavalry
Angel Wings - adds Flying
Metal Shell - adds Armor

And what if it became complicated? For instance, if you give Angel Wings to a Cavalry unit, they become Cav/Fly.
What would the benefit be? Well, what are Cavalry and Flying units generally known for? Not in this game, in other ones.

"Unit can take another non-combat action after taking any action"

It's Canto, Cav + Flying creates Canto. Still trying to work out what other movement combos would do, but I just wanted this out there before I forget about it.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

What would the benefit be? Well, what are Cavalry and Flying units generally known for? Not in this game, in other ones.

3+2=5 movement range. Pegasi use their legs to move 3 spaces like cavalry, and then uses its wings to move 2 more spaces as a flier.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I just rather have Renewal 4 that heals on every turn. As it is, Renewal is already very underwhelming, and devoting 2 slots for sustainability is pretty bad in my opinion when there are so many better combat options out there and offloading healing is generally a lot more efficient.

Renewal 4 would obviously better, and dedicating two slots to renewals would be done more for fun than usefulness (though I wouldn't object to a second renewal seal to play around with), the problem is we already have a skill that does exactly what Renewal 4 would do in the form of Alvis's recovery ring. If a normal skill appears with the equivalent of a prf skill then it kind of defies the point of that prf skill. Of course I wouldn't put it past Heroes to power creep renewal, they make some odd decisions every now and then, but if they do I'd want them to update Recovery Ring and make it better some how. However updating old prf skills or adding new ones seems to be something they're entirely disinterested in even though it'd solve a lot of issues and they do exactly that when it comes to weapons regularly.

49 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Renewal 4 would obviously better, and dedicating two slots to renewals would be done more for fun than usefulness (though I wouldn't object to a second renewal seal to play around with), the problem is we already have a skill that does exactly what Renewal 4 would do in the form of Alvis's recovery ring. If a normal skill appears with the equivalent of a prf skill then it kind of defies the point of that prf skill. Of course I wouldn't put it past Heroes to power creep renewal, they make some odd decisions every now and then, but if they do I'd want them to update Recovery Ring and make it better some how. However updating old prf skills or adding new ones seems to be something they're entirely disinterested in even though it'd solve a lot of issues and they do exactly that when it comes to weapons regularly.

Oh yeah, Arvis got Renewal 4. Should have been on Julius since he actually has Loptous for tanking. Even then, 10 HP every turn still feels pretty weak for tanking purposes. If they made Recover Ring do like 20 or 30 HP per turn, or heal 50% of damage or something, then maybe there it will have some potential as an actual tanking skill.

As it is right now, Renewal is more of a Player Phase skill for nukes running Atk/Spd Push with Firesweep staff set ups or reverse-Desperation Weapons.

Edited by XRay

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh yeah, Arvis got Renewal 4. Should have been on Julius since he actually has Loptous for tanking. Even then, 10 HP every turn still feels pretty weak for tanking purposes. If they made Recover Ring do like 20 or 30 HP per turn, or heal 50% of damage or something, then maybe there it will have some potential as an actual tanking skill.

As it is right now, Renewal is more of a Player Phase skill for nukes running Atk/Spd Push with Firesweep staff set ups or reverse-Desperation Weapons.

Alvis isn't the most useful person to have it on either, with very lack luster health, speed and defense.It recovered all HP in the original game (because it was basically  a hack to ensure plot vital NPCs couldn't be killed). They could probably give it to Alvis as full recovery and it wouldn't be broken. It would make him rather bulky if you get to the +10 merge range though.

Another reason I'd like an alternate turn Renewal is that it fires off on the first turn. Which means outside of Chain Challenge or Tempest Trials (where it can be pretty useful) etc, firing on the first turn is useless. It means it's effectively not being used until the third turn. And by the fifth turn if the unit's still alive, the battle's probably been decided already. Unless you can just run away and use renewal to turn the tide. If it fired off on the second and fourth turn, it'd allow for a more riskier opening turn as you'll be getting the healing effect right away.

Midori's Bow
14 Might
Exclusive to Default!Midori
If an ally adjacent to unit recovers HP from unit's or another ally's Assist or Passive skill, allies adjacent to unit recover 10 HP.
A worse Heavenly Light, but on a non-Healer. Works best when used with Breath of Life. I specifically made it recover from only Assist and Passive skills so that you can't get endless Heal Loops with another copy of Midori's Bow, or get massive heals with Heavenly Light or the Carrot weapons. Ardent Sacrifice would trigger it, but the one using Ardent Sacrifice wouldn't be able to benefit from Midori's Bow (since the user would either have to be 2 spaces away from Midori, or it would be Midori herself). I'm not sure whether Reciprocal Aid counts as a heal or just an HP swap, but that'd trigger it too if it counts.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Intimidating _______(Weapon name; e.g.: Sword, Bow, R Tome): Weapon
Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+15. Inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-12 during combat.
This is for soaking Chills, applying Sabotages, tanking Blazing Specials, and for Pair Up Legendary Heroes to boost up stats.

Coy _______ : Weapon
Inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-15. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+18 during combat.
This is for avoiding Chills. This does not seem very useful, but at least it is the equivalent of Fury 3.

Imploding Flame/Light/Thunder/Wind: Special; Prerequisite: Rising Flame/Light/Thunder/Wind
Before combat this unit initiates, foe take damage equal to 2 x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).
I made Ophelia even better.

Intimidation: A
Same as above, but A slot.

Coyness: A
Same as above.

Realistic Injuries: B
During combat, decrease unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by X% (X = 100*([unit's damage]/[unit's max HP])), and decrease foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by Y% (Y = 100*([foe's damage]/[foe's max HP])).
Good for Firesweepers, and maybe Kronya and tanks too.

Realistic Injuries 4: B
During combat, decrease foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by Y% (Y = 100*([foe's damage]/[foe's max HP])).
Tier 4 version of the above.

Undesperate Unvantage: B
If unit initiates combat, foe can counterattack and can make a follow-up attack before unit's first attack.
Just an idea. Not really sure what this is good for except Seliph with Vengeance.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

This is for soaking Chills, applying Sabotages, tanking Blazing Specials, and for Pair Up Legendary Heroes to boost up stats.

This is for avoiding Chills. This does not seem very useful, but at least it is the equivalent of Fury 3.

Same as above.

These skills would be uber-busted (or uber-shit) once Combat Buff/Debuff nullification becomes a thing.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Realistic Injuries: B
During combat, decrease unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by X% (X = 100*[unit's damage]/[unit's max HP]), and decrease foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by Y% (Y = 100*[foe's damage]/[foe's max HP]).
Good for Firesweepers, and maybe Kronya and tanks too.

Realistic Injuries 4: B
During combat, decrease foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by Y% (Y = 100*[foe's damage]/[foe's max HP]).
Tier 4 version of the above.

This is just all kinds of what. Not only is the math too complicated for the general player, but the overall result is impossible (in more ways than one). Having 0 damage makes for an impossible number, because 100 times 0 is 0, and 0 divided by any number besides 0 is undefined. And even if the damage is higher than 0, the decimals involved in its division — in a game that rounds up or down with any non-whole result — would be impossible for anyone to want to take advantage of without having a calculator on them at all times.
Plus, skills that vary in effectiveness based on the foe's stats tend to be unreliable at best. The only reason why anyone, including myself, recommends Ruptured Sky at all is because Dragon and Beast units tend to have high Atk (or rely on buffs to get their ATK high enough to be effective in battle).

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Undesperate Unvantage: B
If unit initiates combat, foe can counterattack make a follow-up attack before unit's first attack.
Just an idea. Not really sure what this is good for except Seliph with Vengeance.

I get this is a joke skill, but you could try to edit out the fact you copy-pasted it from gamepress? Also, the grammar makes no real sense. The foe can counterattack...are you saying that it negates any skills that prevent the foe's counterattacks, or are you saying it allows the foe to counterattack regardless of range? And the part about follow-up attacks doesn't say it guarantees their follow-up attacks...so why have it there in the first place?
Honestly, the only thing that was written with any sense was giving the foe Vantage. That would honestly be good as a niche idea for Brave Defensive Special builds (like if the unit had their Special fully charged, they could tank the opponent's first attack before using their Brave weapon to get in two hits before the opponent can attack a second time).

Edited by MilodicMellodi

8 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

These skills would be uber-busted (or uber-shit) once Combat Buff/Debuff nullification becomes a thing.

I am not sure they will nullify combat buffs. Combat buffs from allies are pretty restrictive as it is since they require positioning. A lot of A skills are also combat buffs. Null Combat Buffs is too broad.

13 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

This is just all kinds of what. Not only is the math too complicated for the general player, but the overall result is impossible (in more ways than one). Having 0 damage makes for an impossible number, because 100 times 0 is 0, and 0 divided by any number besides 0 is undefined. And even if the damage is higher than 0, the decimals involved in its division — in a game that rounds up or down with any non-whole result — would be impossible for anyone to want to take advantage of without having a calculator on them at all times.

Forgot to add in an additional pair of parentheses.

14 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Plus, skills that vary in effectiveness based on the foe's stats tend to be unreliable at best. The only reason why anyone, including myself, recommends Ruptured Sky at all is because Dragon and Beast units tend to have high Atk (or rely on buffs to get their ATK high enough to be effective in battle).

The skill hard counters Desperation and Vantage units, which is a pretty big deal. Do you still want to step on my Bolt Trap now?

16 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I get this is a joke skill, but you could try to edit out the fact you copy-pasted it from gamepress? Also, the grammar makes no real sense. The foe can counterattack...are you saying that it negates any skills that prevent the foe's counterattacks, or are you saying it allows the foe to counterattack regardless of range? And the part about follow-up attacks doesn't say it guarantees their follow-up attacks...so why have it there in the first place?
 Honestly, the only thing that was written with any sense was giving the foe Vantage. That would honestly be good as a niche idea for Brave Defensive Special builds (like if the unit had their Special fully charged, they could tank the opponent's first attack before using their Brave weapon to get in two hits before the opponent can attack a second time).

Grammar fixed.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Same as above.

I know you have a thing for racist Fury, but geez, this is just Fury without the recoil and with the ability to dodge/soak debilitating effects...

Also, Intimidation would also massively boost the power of AoE Specials, probably also Specials like Bonfire and Draconic Aura but I'm not sure if Combat boosts/debuffs count when calculating the damage for them.
I am, however, amused by the thought of 0 stat units being a thing if such a skill like this existed...

Edited by Xenomata

I know you have a thing for racist Fury, but geez, this is just Fury without the recoil and with the ability to dodge/soak debilitating effects...

For Player Phase, Bridal Belonging Weapons are slightly better with built in Swift Sparrow. Lack of recoil is a negative trait in my opinion. Fury is amazing because of its recoil damage allowing units to get into Desperation range easier.

Enemy Phase wise, yeah, this is better than Winter's Envoy Weapons.

Also, Intimidation would also massively boost the power of AoE Specials, probably also Specials like Bonfire and Draconic Aura but I'm not sure if Combat boosts/debuffs count when calculating the damage for them.

It would boost area Specials, but it would not boost damage Specials much since those take into account combat buffs too.

I am, however, amused by the thought of 0 stat units being a thing if such a skill like this existed...

Raven needs that Def/Res=0.

15 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

The only reason why anyone, including myself, recommends Ruptured Sky at all is because Dragon and Beast units tend to have high Atk (or rely on buffs to get their ATK high enough to be effective in battle).

No, the reason you use Ruptured Sky at all is because it's a 2-cooldown Special skill with competitive damage output. It's the same reason Moonbow is widely recommended despite its damage also being based entirely off of the opponent's stats.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, the reason you use Ruptured Sky at all is because it's a 2-cooldown Special skill with competitive damage output. It's the same reason Moonbow is widely recommended despite its damage also being based entirely off of the opponent's stats.

And the reason it has a competitive damage output is because the unit's opponents generally have high Atk stats. Tibarn and Duma suffer more against it than Default!F-Corrin and Default!Y-Tiki. You might as well cry in a corner if you try using it against a low-Atk human foe like Selena or Odin. It's made to be put on anyone that thrives on going against high-Atk foes, especially non-human ones, but it's nearly useless against specialized Tanks.

Moonbow is strong because of its short cooldown, yes, but it also has its own clearly-labeled niche. It shaves off more of the opponent's defensive stat based on how high that stat is. It's clear that it's made to be put on high-Atk units as a general option against any unit.

Moonbow is widely recommended because despite its damage being based on the opponent's stat, it has a consistent damage output and a consistent win/lose ratio when used against every unit. Ruptured Sky might have a somewhat higher damage output than Moonbow, but it win/loss ratio is inconsistent and unfavorable in comparison because it suffers if the opponent lacks Atk, especially if that Atk is traded for higher defensive stats.

Like...I feel like I'm repeating this now, but Moonbow works and will always work, despite it being based on the opponent's stats. The way it was designed just inherently works. Ruptured Sky fills a completely separate niche than Moonbow, and its success rate falls far behind Moonbow's — Ruptured Sky was designed to be more successful against units with a certain Atk to Def/Res ratio, and do worse and worse as that ratio shifts to the latter's favor.

Tl;dr: Moonbow is recommended because of its consistency and its lack of dependency on the foe. Ruptured Sky lacks that consistency, and is wholly dependent on the foe to be useful. Therefore, Moonbow is a bad argument for this case.

Edited by MilodicMellodi