Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

Anyhow, another skill.

Counter Stance
Passive A
Exclusive to Melee units
If unit that can counter triggers a Special that triggers based on foe's attack, and foe's Atk > unit's Def or Res, grants unit damage equal to half the difference -5 on unit's first attack after unit's Special triggers.
I tried making a version of Counter for FEH that was still balanced and didn't overwrite Ice Mirror's usability (though I probably worded it a little badly). Essentially, if the unit activates a defensive Special like Aegis, Pavise, or even Miracle, and the foe has greater Atk than the unit's defensive stat, then the unit's next attack during that instance of combat deals more damage based on the difference between the foe's Atk and unit's Def or Res, with 5 subtracted from that difference. For example, a foe with 50 Atk attacks your unit with 30 Def. The unit activates Pavise, taking 10 damage instead of 20. Then, the unit counterattacks with increased damage based on half the difference between the stats -5 (50-30=20/2=10-5=5). So the unit not only gets to halve the damage they would have taken, but they also get 5 extra damage to their next attack.
Next example, a Miracle user with 25 Res is attacked by a foe with 60 Atk. The unit activates Miracle, staying at 1 HP, and Counter Stance triggers. The unit counters, dealing 12 extra damage (60-25=35/2=17.5 (rounding down to 17), then 17-5=12) on their counterattack.
This skill isn't meant to turn defensive Specials into overwhelmingly powerful offensive tools. The fact that it takes the A slot means that the unit can't use DC/CC to guarantee their counterattack. It also requires much risk and plenty of planning, since getting any competitively-reliable damage from this means that the unit 
has to have a pretty low Def or Res compared to the opponent. It's a skill that's dependent on punishing a foe's overwhelming offensive while making use of the utility offered by a Defensive special. It also has synergy with Shield Pulse, as that skill only lowers the damage you take and doesn't increase your Def/Res, which in turn doesn't sacrifice what effectiveness this skill has.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

And the reason it has a competitive damage output is because the unit's opponents generally have high Atk stats.

Not really. Moonbow's benchmark damage is against 30 Def, which hits 9 damage. Ruptured Sky needs to hit against a mere 45 Atk to land comparable damage against non-dragon, non-beast opponents. You are literally guaranteed to have opponents with at least that much Atk.

Even against a much more generous 45 Def, Moonbow still only hits 13 damage. Ruptured Sky only needs to hit against 65 Atk to match, which is more or less the norm against the opponents that happen to have that much Def in the first place.

Ruptured Sky's benchmark is against 55-60 Atk, which lands it 11-12 damage, which is still easily competitive against Moonbow. Furthermore, Atk is generally speaking the most important stat in the game, which makes Ruptured Sky more consistent (as in "having a more consistent floor") than Moonbow, not less.

Notice that I'm completely ignoring the bonus damage against dragons and beasts here. The bonus damage isn't what makes the skill good; even without the bonus damage, it would be completely competitive (less used because of its availability, not because of its viability). It's the fact that it's a perfect storm where

• It scales off of the most consistently high stat in the game,
  • It scales with a competitive multiplier relative to other skills with its cooldown, and
  • It has 2 cooldown.

And then it has bonus damage against some traditionally tanky unit archetypes on top of all of that.

And the few units with absurdly high Def/Res that aren't dragons or beasts (like Surtr) are enemies that you really should be pulling out your bunker busters for instead of Moonbow or Ruptured Sky.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

_______ (Weapon) of Perseverance: Weapon 
Adds total penalties on unit to Atk/Spd/Def/Res.
Damned if you do not debuff me, super damned if you do. A Panicked 6/6/6/6 becomes 18/18/18/18. -5/-5/-5/-5 debuff from Shrines becomes 15/15/15/15. Combined, it becomes 33/33/33/33! Aversa can be benched now.

Butt Sniffer: C; Beasts only
If unit is adjacent to a beast or dragon ally, unit can transform even if unit is adjacent to non-beast and non-dragon allies.
I go the idea from my cat constantly sticking her butt up my nose and dogs sniffing each other's butts. I imagine the Laguz and dragon butt smell masking the smell of Beorc, so the Laguz feels more comfortable transforming.

Deflect _______ 4: Sacred Seal
If unit receives consecutive attacks and foe uses _______, reduces damage from foe's second attack onward by 80%. If foe initiates combat, foe is guaranteed to make a follow-up attack and foe can make a follow-up attack before unit can counterattack.
You, like guaranteed Aethers on your dragons Ike?

Quick Burn 3 (tier 3)
Passive C
Not an upgrade
Non-exclusive
Grants unit and allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd/Def/Res +2/3/4 during combat. If any foe is defeated, also inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -1 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for each defeated foe (max 2/3/4).
A quick All+4 self AND Drive that lowers in effectiveness the more enemies defeated on the map (so 1 enemy defeated makes it All+3, 2 enemies is All+2, 3 enemies is All+1, and 4 or more nullifies it). Made for teams designed to take the entire enemy team out in a single turn.

Slow Burn (tier 3)
Passive C
Not an upgrade
Non-exclusive
If any foe is defeated, grants unit and allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1 for each defeated foe (max 2/3/4).
A skill designed to make teams perform better as they defeat more enemies. Works best with Galeforce.

Gamble 3 (tier 4)
Passive A
Upgraded from Life and Death 1
Exclusive to non-Staff units
At the start of combat, if unit's HP ≤ 50% and Special triggers by attacking, grants Atk/Spd+3/5/7 during combat. After combat, inflicts Def/Res -3/5/7 on unit during combat until their next action.
A more powerful but more risky version of Life and Death. Unlike the permanent stats gained/lost from LnD, Gamble gives an in-combat buff. It also saves the debuff to Def/Res for after combat. In return, however, the skill has a harsh HP condition matching Brash Assault (which can be used alongside this skill) and requires for you to use a skill that triggers by attacking (so Pavise/Aegis/Miracle/etc. won't work, but Luna/Aether/Ignis will). Also, regardless of whether you gained the Atk/Spd buff, you'll always get inflicted with a Def/Res -7 debuff during combat.

Grisly Wound
Passive B
Not an upgrade
Exclusive to Beast units
Inflicts 10 damage to foe after any combat this unit initiates. After combat, if unit is transformed, inflicts the following status on foe through their next actions: "Unit cannot be target allies with or be targeted by the Assist skills of allies that affect unit's HP. Halves the effectiveness of unit's skills that restore unit's HP."
A Beast-exclusive skill that acts as Poison Strike during the Player Phase, and prevents the unit from being healed during either phase by Assist skills if they're transformed (other than from the foe's own skills, like Mystic Boost or Sol/Aether). In the case of self-healing skills, their effectiveness is halved (so Mystic Boost heals for 3 instead of 6, and Sol and Aether restore only 1/4 the damage dealt. And by Assist skills, this means "No Staff healing, no Reciprocal Aid, no Ardent Sacrifice Sacrifice (from ally), etc."

Clarity
Sacred Seal
Not an upgrade
Non-exclusive
Nullifies【Panic】status on unit, and halves stat penalties on unit from foe's skills that activate after combat.
【Panic】Converts Bonuses on target into penalties through its next action.
Makes dagger units a lot less effective as debuffers, and nullifies the Panic status from any skills like Panic Ploy, Sudden Panic, or the Panic+ Staff. As it's a Seal, it means you cannot put other Seal-exclusive skills like Hardy Bearing on the unit. Its debuff-halving effect, however, also works on non-dagger skills, so Smoke skills would only debuff the unit's Atk by 2/3/4 instead of 3/5/7.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• 4 weeks later...

Dying Will 1/2/3
Passive B
Not an upgrade
Exclusive to non-Dragon and non-Beast Infantry and Armored
During combat, if foe's next attack would defeat unit and unit does not have another skill that grants damage reduction, grants unit 10/20/30% damage reduction that attack only. If unit attacks during that combat after this skill activates, grants damage to unit's next attack = damage reduced.
Essentially Ice Mirror for a human infantry or armored unit, but it only activates when the unit would otherwise die. Can't activate if the unit already has damage reduction from other sources, so Brave!Ike with any version of Urvan can't use this. Best used with Vengeance or Aether; the former because Dying Will relies on you being about to be defeated which synergizes well with it, and Aether for the increased damage and healing.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

With the introduction of  Virion's Bow, we may start to get skills that uses unit's Max HP instead of current HP, like Panic Ploy 4 or better Boost Skills.

I hope so.

Boost skills need a lot more stats to make it worth it though. The least amount of points they need is at least 8 points in one stat to match Death Blow 4, and considering it has an HP requirement rather than a simple phase requirement, I do not think 8 points is enough to be worth it unless you push it to like 12 or something so the unit can invest in +HP to make the boost more reliable.

As for Ploys, I wish they would make the area it hits wider. Three columns and three rows centered on the unit would be nice. Just cardinal directions feels too small.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I hope so.

Boost skills need a lot more stats to make it worth it though. The least amount of points they need is at least 8 points in one stat to match Death Blow 4, and considering it has an HP requirement rather than a simple phase requirement, I do not think 8 points is enough to be worth it unless you push it to like 12 or something so the unit can invest in +HP to make the boost more reliable.

As for Ploys, I wish they would make the area it hits wider. Three columns and three rows centered on the unit would be nice. Just cardinal directions feels too small.

cardinal direction is fine, Three colums for Ploys begs for a shitload of fuckery. Especially in AR. A good invested Yune together with a Bride Fjorm with Sudden Panic or Aversa with Panicploy in CSkill can be positioned in such a way that you almost have no way or possibility or little space to Avoid any kind of Debuffs.

2 Yunes can cover the entire map.

Boost skills 4 could be very good, considering how excellent Push tier 4 skills turned out to be.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

With the introduction of  Virion's Bow, we may start to get skills that uses unit's Max HP instead of current HP, like Panic Ploy 4 or better Boost Skills.

Firestorm Boost 1 (tier 2): At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP+3, grants Atk/Spd+2 during combat.
Firestorm Boost 2 (tier 3): At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP+3, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.
Firestorm Boost 3 (tier 4): At start of combat, if unit's max HP ≥ foe's HP+1, grants Atk+7, Spd+8 during combat.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Firestorm Boost 1 (tier 2): At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP+3, grants Atk/Spd+2 during combat.
Firestorm Boost 2 (tier 3): At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP+3, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.
Firestorm Boost 3 (tier 4): At start of combat, if unit's max HP ≥ foe's HP+1, grants Atk+7, Spd+8 during combat.

my +HP +10 Karel would kill for something like this ¬.¬

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

cardinal direction is fine, Three colums for Ploys begs for a shitload of fuckery. Especially in AR. A good invested Yune together with a Bride Fjorm with Sudden Panic or Aversa with Panicploy in CSkill can be positioned in such a way that you almost have no way or possibility or little space to Avoid any kind of Debuffs.

2 Yunes can cover the entire map.

I just Dance/Sing the debuffs off, so they are not too bad.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yep, this would be cool!

However, I believe Firestorm Boost 3 would be Atk+6, Spd+7, just like Swift Sparrow 3.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yep, this would be cool!

However, I believe Firestorm Boost 3 would be Atk+6, Spd+7, just like Swift Sparrow 3.

I boosted it 1 point over Swift Sparrow 3 because the HP restriction is a bit less lenient than Swift Sparrow's initiating combat restriction. This puts the skill at +1 point over the tier 4 Blow/Stance skills, but -2 points under the tier 4 Brazen skills.

• 2 weeks later...

Assist and Run: B
If an Assist skill is used by unit, unit moves 1 space away after assisting.

Assist and Sprint: B
If an Assist skill is used by unit, unit moves 2 space away after assisting.

Basically Hit and Run but for support units.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Assist and Run: B
If an Assist skill is used by unit, unit moves 1 space away after assisting.

Assist and Sprint: B
If an Assist skill is used by unit, unit moves 2 space away after assisting.

Basically Hit and Run but for support units.

no

there is a good reason why all the movement skills are melee exclusiv

At most they could release a B-Skill for Staff users only that extends their Healing reach by 1, turning all non Physics heals into 2 ranges and Physics into 3 ranges. But even that needs a restriction and only be usable by Infantry and Armor Healers.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

no

there is a good reason why all the movement skills are melee exclusiv

At most they could release a B-Skill for Staff users only that extends their Healing reach by 1, turning all non Physics heals into 2 ranges and Physics into 3 ranges. But even that needs a restriction and only be usable by Infantry and Armor Healers.

I do not see a problem in letting support units move out the way. Shove/Smite-Link is not too different from Rally/Heal-Assist and Run/Assist and Sprint.

It also makes it easier for Solo units like Edelgard to be more viable since they can Danced/Sung to and healed and the support units can get out the way at the same time.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not see a problem in letting support units move out the way. Shove/Smite-Link is not too different from Rally/Heal-Assist and Run/Assist and Sprint.

It also makes it easier for Solo units like Edelgard to be more viable since they can Danced/Sung to and healed and the support units can get out the way at the same time.

if you dont see the harm why ranged units should not have a movement skill for Assists skills  or Attacks i dont know what to tell you. I guess you only fight with ranged firesweep users. They allready have a distinct advantage by being RANGED over melees giving them more reach.
Sometimes you need to snipe a ranged unit first before dealing with the frontline, those skills you want make that very hard or nearly impossible, especially for melees.

Shove/Smite-Link is very very different from your suggested method/skills. It requires more positional thought and doesnt move the assisting unit out of danger. you can also position the assisted unit out of Danger. You also get the benefit of positioning the buffed/assisted unit exactly as you want with no need to maybe even block the path to the unit that assisted you, because they are out of danger entirely

Especially Assist and Sprint with moveing 2 Spaces away is just dumb and should never exist.

Edited by Hilda

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

if you dont see the harm why ranged units should not have a movement skill for Assists skills  or Attacks i dont know what to tell you. I guess you only fight with ranged firesweep users. They allready have a distinct advantage by being RANGED over melees giving them more reach.
 Sometimes you need to snipe a ranged unit first before dealing with the frontline, those skills you want make that very hard or nearly impossible, especially for melees.

I do not see how it makes it nearly impossible for melees. For regular non-cavalry Player Phase teams, you do not want to use Assist and Run on your Dancers/Singers as it gets in the way of Dance/Sing-Reposition, and this applies to both melee and ranged units. Assist and Sprint is basically Dance/Sing-Reposition, but without the need for Reposition at the cost of more inflexible Dancer/Singer placement.

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Shove/Smite-Link is very very different from your suggested method/skills. It requires more positional thought and doesnt move the assisting unit out of danger. you can also position the assisted unit out of Danger. You also get the benefit of positioning the buffed/assisted unit exactly as you want with no need to maybe even block the path to the unit that assisted you, because they are out of danger entirely

The Assisting unit does not move the unit out of danger because it is out of danger in the first places. Shove/Smite-Link has an advantage over Rally-Assist and Run/Assist and Sprint in that the Shover/Smiter is not vulnerable to Traps.

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Especially Assist and Sprint with moveing 2 Spaces away is just dumb and should never exist.

Moving farther away gives Solo playstyle the support they need to be more viable. Right now, supporting Solo units are kind of difficult because it places too much risk on support units who might need to move too deep into Enemy Range if they want to support the Solo nukes.

A little bit of a random idea on paper here.

Would there be any benefit, even in a niche build, in having a skill that forces your opponent to have adaptive damage (even if it came at a powerful benefit)? Like, perhaps furthering Vengeance plays? Letting you more easily get into Desperation, Brash Assault, or Brazen HP% without giving up damage on Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies?

13 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

A little bit of a random idea on paper here.

Would there be any benefit, even in a niche build, in having a skill that forces your opponent to have adaptive damage (even if it came at a powerful benefit)? Like, perhaps furthering Vengeance plays? Letting you more easily get into Desperation, Brash Assault, or Brazen HP% without giving up damage on Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies?

It depends. Personally, I think forcing the opponent to have adaptive damage against your unit without some sort of safety mechanism is kind of bad, since it makes the unit more vulnerable to dying if you are not careful.

The reason why Fury's recoil is so good is because it is very controlled and nonlethal. So if you can pair adaptive damage with instant Miracle or something similar, then I think think it would be good for activating Reprisal/Vengeance.

eh I'll try but it's going to be terribly broken.

Passive A(?)

Brave Bow Mastery (Unit Exclusive)

- If unit is equipped with a Brave Bow(+), reduces the status penalty to -2 SPD

Passive B(?) 

Brave Bow Synchronize 3 (Unit Exclusive)

-Allows unit to make a follow-up attack even in enemy phase while equipped with a Brave Bow(+)

8 minutes ago, Pururut said:

It would definitely be easier to simply make it a flat stat growth, rather than a reduction to a stat penalty. So like, "Grants unit Spd+3 if unit is equipped with Brave Bow+." Something like that.

In fact, it would actually be a good effect for all Brave weapons instead of just the bow. And you could even combine the "guaranteed follow-up attack during Enemy Phase" effect with the stat growth so that it has a chance to compete with other great skills like the Breaths, Brazens, etc.

I'm not taking away from your ideas; I think they're good, but in this age of FEH it just won't cut it in terms of power. My idea would be something along the lines of this:

"Grants unit Spd+1/2/3. If foe initiates combat while unit is equipped with a "Brave" weapon, grants unit Spd+2 during combat and unit can make a guaranteed follow-up attack."

So...I decided to upgrade it a little bit I guess? I made it a multi-tier skill to make it similar to Speed+3, and if the unit is equipped with a non-Brave weapon it'd stop there (pretty much just being a more expensive Speed+3). I decided to make it that when the unit is equipped with a Brave weapon, the Spd reduction would effectively be reduced to nothing during the Enemy Phase, and the unit would gain a guaranteed follow-up attack (as opposed to getting to attack twice, because that would just turn into Quad attacks in the right circumstances and Enemy Phase builds are powerful enough).

It would still have to compete with other A skills like the Brazens, DC/CC, Solo/Bond, etc, because while it does grant the follow-up attack it still only grants Spd+3 normally (or Spd+5 during the EP with a Brave weapon). And its biggest weakness would be that it takes up the A slot, so you can't abuse it with DC/CC, making it more than balanced even on tanky units like Halloween!Jakob. Also, one wouldn't be able to use it with Meistershwert or Amiti, because they aren't labeled as "Brave" weapons (so you wouldn't be able to have an effective Spd+1, or Spd+3 during the EP).

4 hours ago, Pururut said:

Passive A(?)

Brave Bow Mastery (Unit Exclusive)

This is literally just a conditional version of Speed +3. Why would you use this skill over the much easier to get Speed +3?

4 hours ago, Pururut said:

Passive B(?) 

Brave Bow Synchronize 3 (Unit Exclusive)

-Allows unit to make a follow-up attack even in enemy phase while equipped with a Brave Bow(+)

The Brave weapon effect is not the same as a follow-up. The two mechanics are separate from each other.

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is literally just a conditional version of Speed +3. Why would you use this skill over the much easier to get Speed +3?

Literally the only reason I can think of is that it'd be a 240 sp skill, which is worth at least double what just slapping Spd +3 in the A slot would be.

One other thing I can think of is that it doesn't actually add +3 Spd to your skill, so you can avoid Chill Spd.

...these are actually really shoddy reasons to take this over Spd +3, and you know LnD3 is still a good skill if one of the oldest.