Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

I know it's been a month since this was updated, but it would be unfair to leave this topic at 10 pages because we stopped thinking of skills for a small period of time.

Flash Flare
Special
3 Cooldown
Boosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's combined Spd and Def.

Flash Freeze
Special
3 Cooldown
Boosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's combined Spd and Res.

Essentially, they're skills that do more damage with faster units that have high Def or Res. Their main goal, however, is to give more damage than Bonfire/Iceberg to fast units that don't have amazing Def or Res. Someone like Fir, for example, would get more out of Flash Freeze than Iceberg. Nailah would get more from Flash Flare than Bonfire.
EDIT: Even if it says 30%, it's of the combined total of the two stats; this is equal to finding 60% of the average of the two stats. To put it into math terms, let's say we're doing 30 Spd and Def; 30% of the combined total would be 30% of 60, which is 18, while 60% of the average would be 60% of 30, which is also 18.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New concept: Variant Assist, Variant Special, and Variant Passive
A non-weapon skill with an effect that changes based on the met condition. This can happen either by increasing or decreasing its potency based on changing its met condition, or by changing its effect completely when its new condition is met. In other words, it can be described as either a single skill with multiple levels, or two separate skills, with opposing but connected conditions. Wrath is not one of these skills, because its two effects only activate based on meeting its singular HP condition (even if those effects activate at different times); even with its two effects activating at different times, it will not activate either effect without meeting that single condition during those times.
NOTE: I'll work on making Assists and Specials later; for now, here's 2 Passives.

Spartan Stance 1/2/3
Passive A
Armor and Infantry only
Effect: During Player Phase, grants Atk/Spd+3/4/5 to unit, but inflicts Def/Res-5/6/7. During Enemy Phase, grants Def/Res+3/4/5 to unit, but inflicts Atk/Spd-5/6/7.
A Variant Passive based on combining Life and Death and Fortress Def/Res that grants the first during Player Phase then switches to its opposite effect during the Enemy Phase, at the cost of losing 2 more points in the lost stats as compared to LnD. Perfect for units that want to deal a lot of damage during Player Phase, but don't want to take a lot of it during the Enemy Phase. Not abusable with DC or CC unless it's already in the weapon, since it's an A skill.
Just so you know, this one's conditions are based on whose Phase it is. If that...wasn't already clear. Just saying, in case anyone is confused, that not all conditions have to be HP-based.
Anyhow, its true strength is putting it on a tanky unit to give them a valuable Player Phase without sacrificing their usefulness as a Tank for the Enemy Phase. Armored units would benefit even more than Infantry, since they have access to Vengeful Fighter and thus won't care nearly as much about effectively losing 12 Spd (compared to Player Phase, I mean). I'd probably say that even Surtr would make great use of this skill, since his stats would still grant him a safe Player Phase, and his already huge bulk (and Sinmara's effect on the next Player Phase) would make up for the Atk loss in Enemy Phase.

Gamble 3
Passive B
Melee only
Effect: Before combat, if unit's HP ≤ 30/40/50%, grants Special Cooldown count -1. Before combat, if unit's HP ≥ 70%/≥ 60%/> 50%, resets unit's Special Cooldown.
A high-risk, high-reward ability that rewards units that like to play dangerously, especially with self-burn or ally-burn effects. It works in such a way that if you would activate your AoE Special and only had 1 cooldown left while at half or less HP, it would activate as though its cooldown was at 0. Inversely, it would also fully reset it if the unit's HP is above half, and wouldn't allow it to activate during that combat. (I'm saying this with the assumption you'd be using Tier 3, and not Tiers 1 or 2 which have less friendly HP conditions.) Also, since it is in the B slot, you can't combine it with Special Spiral, Guard, or the Fighter passives (unless, of course, the effect was in your weapon or Sacred Seal slot...and it doesn't seem to be in the latter).
It would, however, be able to combine its effect beautifully with Brash Assault (which happens to also be a Seal). I feel Default!Lyn and her refined Sol Katti would be the best user of this skill, as she could use it with Brazen Atk/Spd and Flashing Blade to spam Luna as though it was Moonbow.
Back to the first part there, it'd be both the best friend and worst nightmare for AoEs. Being able to activate it earlier effectively shortens its cooldown to 3, making the Blazing skills uncommonly powerful tools even compared to Aether or Galeforce; at the same time, having its cooldown reset even when it was originally ready to activate means that any unit not willing to get to half or lower HP% is completely shut out of using the AoE skills (since they need to activate before combat, needing a separate combat even after fully charging it). It also affects Galeforce in mostly the same way as well; having the count lowered effectively puts it down to 4, making it insanely easy to trigger, but having the count reset before combat would make it practically impossible to activate unless Heavy/Flashing Blade and/or a Brave or Killer/Slaying weapon was involved.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

9 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

New concept: Variant Assist, Variant Special, and Variant Passive
A non-weapon skill with an effect that changes based on the met condition. This can happen either by increasing or decreasing its potency based on changing its met condition, or by changing its effect completely when its new condition is met. In other words, it can be described as either a single skill with multiple levels, or two separate skills, with opposing but connected conditions. Wrath is not one of these skills, because its two effects only activate based on meeting its singular HP condition (even if those effects activate at different times); even with its two effects activating at different times, it will not activate either effect without meeting that single condition during those times.
NOTE: I'll work on making Assists and Specials later; for now, here's 2 Passives.

Spartan Stance 1/2/3
Passive A
Armor and Infantry only
Effect: During Player Phase, grants Atk/Spd+3/4/5 to unit, but inflicts Def/Res-5/6/7. During Enemy Phase, grants Def/Res+3/4/5 to unit, but inflicts Atk/Spd-5/6/7.
A Variant Passive based on combining Life and Death and Fortress Def/Res that grants the first during Player Phase then switches to its opposite effect during the Enemy Phase, at the cost of losing 2 more points in the lost stats as compared to LnD. Perfect for units that want to deal a lot of damage during Player Phase, but don't want to take a lot of it during the Enemy Phase. Not abusable with DC or CC unless it's already in the weapon, since it's an A skill.
Just so you know, this one's conditions are based on whose Phase it is. If that...wasn't already clear. Just saying, in case anyone is confused, that not all conditions have to be HP-based.
Anyhow, its true strength is putting it on a tanky unit to give them a valuable Player Phase without sacrificing their usefulness as a Tank for the Enemy Phase. Armored units would benefit even more than Infantry, since they have access to Vengeful Fighter and thus won't care nearly as much about effectively losing 12 Spd (compared to Player Phase, I mean). I'd probably say that even Surtr would make great use of this skill, since his stats would still grant him a safe Player Phase, and his already huge bulk (and Sinmara's effect on the next Player Phase) would make up for the Atk loss in Enemy Phase.

no just no

This A-skill only benefits Firesweep users. no Armorer or Infantry user (with some few exeption) will benefit from it, because they get nothing out of it. A player phase unit wants as much firepower as possible and i would rather choose Life and Death 4/3 then this and an Enemy phase unit will want usually Distant Counter, because otherwise they are sitting there like a Duck . all it does is strengthen Firesweep users absurdly because they get the best out of both phases. They hit harder during player phase and will be harder to kill during enemy phase. Because they cant attack during enemy phase the -atk/-spd doesnt matter that much (ecxept for the speed) and because they cant get countered during player phase (only if the oponnent is running Null C) the -Def/Res doesnt matter.

There is a reason why Firesweeps dont have a refine and why even new released Firesweep weapons dont have a refine. The same reason why Razzle Dazzle was a dumb concept to begin with (instead of strengthening Healers in another form).

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

no just no

This A-skill only benefits Firesweep users. no Armorer or Infantry user (with some few exeption) will benefit from it, because they get nothing out of it. A player phase unit wants as much firepower as possible and i would rather choose Life and Death 4/3 then this and an Enemy phase unit will want usually Distant Counter, because otherwise they are sitting there like a Duck . all it does is strengthen Firesweep users absurdly because they get the best out of both phases. They hit harder during player phase and will be harder to kill during enemy phase. Because they cant attack during enemy phase the -atk/-spd doesnt matter that much (ecxept for the speed) and because they cant get countered during player phase (only if the oponnent is running Null C) the -Def/Res doesnt matter.

There is a reason why Firesweeps dont have a refine and why even new released Firesweep weapons dont have a refine. The same reason why Razzle Dazzle was a dumb concept to begin with (instead of strengthening Healers in another form).

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I kinda just made this one up as a rough draft concept for skill conditions without HP% involved. I knew it wouldn't go that well, but I had to test the waters on that one or I wouldn't get anywhere in actually balancing out the concept.

While you're here, what do you think about the Gamble idea?

Edited by MilodicMellodi

23 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I kinda just made this one up as a rough draft concept for skill conditions without HP% involved. I knew it wouldn't go that well, but I had to test the waters on that one or I wouldn't get anywhere in actually balancing out the concept.

While you're here, what do you think about the Gamble idea?

Imho an interesting skill, but i would go so far and make it -2 cooldown for the risk it imposes. It would synergyze  well with skills like Vengeance/Reprisal etc. and it would give units with builit in Desperation (Lyn) or Vantage (Kronya) in weapons a very nice niche.
Since its during combat Galeforce users cant abuse this skill either.
Cant abuse this skill easy because its on the B-Slot, so i would be intrigued to see such a skill release it opens up interesting unit builds.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

all it does is strengthen Firesweep users absurdly because they get the best out of both phases.

It does not strengthen Firesweepers. It is worse on Player Phase and Enemy Phase compared to Life and Death. That Spd -7 is far more lethal than Life and Death's Def/Res-5.

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

It would, however, be able to combine its effect beautifully with Brash Assault (which happens to also be a Seal). I feel Default!Lyn and her refined Sol Katti would be the best user of this skill, as she could use it with Brazen Atk/Spd and Flashing Blade to spam Luna as though it was Moonbow.

Brash Assault is crap without Desperation. Taking counterattacks at 50% or less HP is suicidal.

For Blazing Spam, Special Spiral outclasses this skill since Slaying Weapons are a thing while Special Spiral Weapons are not. And if inheritable Special Spiral Weapons ever become a thing, Gamble still would not be used because you can now double up on Special Spirals.

While Lyn might be the best user of this skill, this skill is definitely very far from being a good skill for Lyn. Special Spiral instantly charges Moonbow and it is not affected by Guard. Additionally, if the objective is damage output, Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are poor choices. Moonbow-Brazen Atk/Spd will outperform Luna-Flashing Blade until the enemy reaches 70 Def/Res.

Spoiler

Enemy with 50 Def/Res:
15 Moonbow + 7 hit + 7 hit = 29 damage
25 Luna = 25 damage

Enemy with 60 Def/Res:
18 Moonbow + 14 hit = 32 damage
30 Luna = 30 damage

Enemy with 70 Def:
21 Moonbow + 14 hit = 35 damage
35 Luna = 35 damage

If we compare Moonbow-Wrath-Brazen Atk/Spd to Luna-Gamble-Flashing Blade, then the enemy will need to reach a much higher 120 Def/Res before Luna can breakeven with Moonbow.

Spoiler

Enemy with 50 Def/Res:
15 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 7 hit + 7 hit = 39 damage
25 Luna = 25 damage

Enemy with 60 Def/Res:
18 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 42 damage
30 Luna = 30 damage

Enemy with 70 Def:
21 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 45 damage
35 Luna = 35 damage

Enemy with 80 Def:
24 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 48 damage
40 Luna = 40 damage

Enemy with 90 Def:
27 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 51 damage
45 Luna = 45 damage

Enemy with 100 Def:
30 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 54 damage
50 Luna = 50 damage

Enemy with 110 Def:
33 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 57 damage
55 Luna = 55 damage

Enemy with 120 Def:
36 Moonbow + 10 Wrath + 14 hit = 60 damage
60 Luna = 60 damage

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Gamble 3

AoE Special users would still rather use Special Spiral. Special Spiral's -2 Special cooldown after every round of combat is already better than Gamble's -1 Special cooldown before every round of combat, and this is before we consider Gamble's worse HP restriction.

Wrath is also pretty much always better than Gamble. For player-phase units, -1 Special cooldown at the beginning of every turn is only barely worse than -1 Special cooldown before every round of combat since the only way you'll get more than one round of combat per turn is if your unit is danced or is running Galeforce. However, Wrath makes up for that deficiency by granting +10 damage and by having a more lenient HP restriction.

Alrighty then, how about these updated versions? I took your guys' criticisms into consideration on these ones.

Spartan Stance 1/2/3
Passive A
Armor and Infantry only
Effect: If unit initiates combat, unit deals +3/5/7 damage but takes +3/5/7 damage during combat. If foe initiates combat, unit deals -3/5/7 damage but takes -3/5/7 damage during combat.

For this edit, I decided to make it a fixed damage increase/reduction instead of the stat buff. Not only does this not affect the user's Spd stat any longer, but it also doesn't affect stat-based skills like Glacies (which is both a good and bad thing). Also, the damage increases and reductions are the same in each Tier, and are both better and more costly than LnD. One major thing about this is that it's a boon and bane to Moonbow and the like during both Phases; for Player Phase the unit's own Moonbow is less affected by debuffs and the like since the increase in damage is flat instead of stat-based, and for Enemy Phase the enemy's Moonbow is less effective because of the damage reduction being flat instead of stat-based.
Again, this one is more of a rough draft concept than an actual final draft. I felt, however, that making it deal damage based on
percentage would be going too far because it would turn it into a better Triangle Adept. Also, being honest here, but I feel like perhaps it would be more balanced as a Seal-only skill, except...if that were to happen, it would be able to mix with A passives like DC/CC and Fury.

Gamble 1/2/3
Passive B
Physical only
Effect: 
Before combat, if unit's HP ≤ 30/40/50%, grants unit Special Cooldown count -1 and neutralizes effects that nullify foe's penalties during combat. Before combat, if unit's HP > 30%/40%/50%, resets unit's Special Cooldown.
I wanted to take Hilda's advice and make the cooldown count -2 instead of -1, but with Ice Dragon's mention of Special Spiral I felt doing that would just turn it into a better version of said skill. Instead, I decided to give it another effect that negates the effects of skills like the Tier 4 Bond skills or Demonic Breath that deal with penalty nullification. I felt doing that would help bring out the "critical hit" vibe that Gamble provides in the other titles, without it actually being a critical hit. It's like piercing through an anti-penalty "ward" of sorts, like if there was a way to negate the enemy-only Immune Status skill in Fates. Anyhow, having the ability to nullify anti-penalty skills, combined with the pre-combat cooldown count reduction, makes Galeforce even more powerful because of the potential increase in damage. It won't do anything more for the AoE skills than the first version does, although that's moot point since in-combat effects can't affect pre-combat damage anyhow. And in the end, the self-cooldown reset affects skills the same way as previously.

As a bonus, it also helps Panic. With the ability to neutralize skills that would nullify its penalties, you could actually run a Panic set without fear of it becoming useless (or half-useless, at any rate). The only catch is that Panic Ploy and Sudden Panic wouldn't really be able to be utilized effectively without outside help (like if an ally used Reciprocal Aid on the unit after applying the Panic, and then the unit attacks). It would, however, be able to be used with Panic Smoke...even if that would be most effective during the Enemy Phase, which is dangerous for Gamble due to its need to remain at half or below HP%.
Notice I also decided to change the exclusivity to Physical instead of Melee. This way, Dagger-using units would be able to use it. I thought it would be too powerful to use on a ranged unit (especially one that inflicts its own penalties by default), but I felt it would be better to let them use it since their debuffs happen after combat (and would therefore need the help of a Singer/Dancer to make use of said debuff); in fact, it would be way worse to keep it Melee-exclusive because Dragons have adaptive damage and would abuse this skill to no end. Also, I fixed the HP% condition on the second one; I went braindead and thought ≥ 70/60/50% was what was needed...I failed to consider the HP% gap I made for Tiers 1 and 2 (40% for Tier 1 and 20% for Tier 2) that effectively nullified its effect. It's fixed now.
Anyhow, I think if there was any unit that could use this during Enemy Phase, it'd have to be Kronya. With Athame's Vantage effect and the ability to inherit CC, she would be uniquely capable of abusing this skill during the Enemy Phase because her dagger's penalties wouldn't be nullified (at least without Harsh Command, Restore+, etc.) and her ability to attack before an opponent (without Hardy Bearing) gives her a certain window of safety to trigger her Special before the opponent kills her.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

29 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Spartan Stance 1/2/3
Passive A
Armor and Infantry only
Effect: If unit initiates combat, unit deals +3/5/7 damage but takes +3/5/7 damage during combat. If foe initiates combat, unit deals -3/5/7 damage but takes -3/5/7 damage during combat.

For this edit, I decided to make it a fixed damage increase/reduction instead of the stat buff. Not only does this not affect the user's Spd stat any longer, but it also doesn't affect stat-based skills like Glacies (which is both a good and bad thing). Also, the damage increases and reductions are the same in each Tier, and are both better and more costly than LnD. One major thing about this is that it's a boon and bane to Moonbow and the like during both Phases; for Player Phase the unit's own Moonbow is less affected by debuffs and the like since the increase in damage is flat instead of stat-based, and for Enemy Phase the enemy's Moonbow is less effective because of the damage reduction being flat instead of stat-based.
Again, this one is more of a rough draft concept than an actual final draft. I felt, however, that making it deal damage based on
percentage would be going too far because it would turn it into a better Triangle Adept. Also, being honest here, but I feel like perhaps it would be more balanced as a Seal-only skill, except...if that were to happen, it would be able to mix with A passives like DC/CC and Fury.

On Player Phase, only Brave nukes would use this skill in my opinion, and maybe Firesweep chippers. Death Blow is still slightly better overall, but Spartan Stance is less vulnerable to the color triangle, assuming this is dealing true damage. Desperation nukes are going to stick with skills that boost Atk/Spd, and not Atk and not Spd by themselves.

For Enemy Phase, I think it is okay for walls, but I do not think it is okay for tanks. While tanks should prioritize bulk more than Atk in my opinion, I do not think it is a good idea to dump that much damage output for that amount of bulk. Fort Def/Res will gave you similar performance without completely shitting on damage output.

For dual phase, I do not think any unit would want it. Counter-Vantage units are going to stick with Distant Counter, or Brazen Atk/Res for Altina. Units with guaranteed follow up attacks like Edelgard have Atk/Def Solo; dumping 12 bulk for an increase in 4 damage on Player Phase is not really worth it when you are alone out there in my opinion, and dumping 24 damage for an increase in 4 bulk is definitely not worth it on Enemy Phase.

Anyhow, having the ability to nullify anti-penalty skills, combined with the pre-combat cooldown count reduction, makes Galeforce even more powerful because of the potential increase in damage.

I do not think it helps Galeforce units at all. The HP thresholds are uncompetitive or outright unworkable.

Galeforce units with Spd are still better off running Slaying-Desperation; it makes no sense for them to run Desperation Weapons and Gamble since it has a worse HP threshold. And if they get between 75% HP and 50% HP after their first round of combat, they are unable to activate Galeforce ever again since Galeforce will keep resetting back to 5 but the unit will still kill things in 2 hits.

Galeforce units with guaranteed follow-up attacks would never run this skill because they need their bulk to eat counter attacks, and they have no need to run this skill since they can just use counter attacks to help charge their Galeforce.

As a bonus, it also helps Panic. With the ability to neutralize skills that would nullify its penalties, you could actually run a Panic set without fear of it becoming useless (or half-useless, at any rate). The only catch is that Panic Ploy and Sudden Panic wouldn't really be able to be utilized effectively without outside help (like if an ally used Reciprocal Aid on the unit after applying the Panic, and then the unit attacks). It would, however, be able to be used with Panic Smoke...even if that would be most effective during the Enemy Phase, which is dangerous for Gamble due to its need to remain at half or below HP%.

It does not really help Panic much. If the enemy is not using buffs, Panic will remain useless. Panic is not going to turn that Chill Res debuff into Res -14 if the enemy does not have Hone Res buff in the first place, the Chill Res debuff will still remain at Res -7.

Notice I also decided to change the exclusivity to Physical instead of Melee. This way, Dagger-using units would be able to use it. I thought it would be too powerful to use on a ranged unit (especially one that inflicts its own penalties by default), but I felt it would be better to let them use it since their debuffs happen after combat (and would therefore need the help of a Singer/Dancer to make use of said debuff)

The only dagger units using this would be one shot nukes running Broadleaf Fan, and they will be trading their performance against everyone else with Chill Def/Lull Atk/Def for countering a single Idunn with Gamble. In my opinion, the player is better off bringing another nuke to take care of Idunn in my opinion.

Every other Broadlead Fan build and Player Phase daggers in general are going to use Desperation, Special Spiral, or Lull Def/Stat for better performance against everyone else.

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Anyhow, I think if there was any unit that could use this during Enemy Phase, it'd have to be Kronya. With Athame's Vantage effect and the ability to inherit CC, she would be uniquely capable of abusing this skill during the Enemy Phase because her dagger's penalties wouldn't be nullified (at least without Harsh Command, Restore+, etc.) and her ability to attack before an opponent (without Hardy Bearing) gives her a certain window of safety to trigger her Special before the opponent kills her.

I do not think even Kronya would want it, since she has access to Special Spiral. Special Spiral allows Kronya to activate a Special after every round of combat and does not require her to be at low HP. In the off chance you need Kronya to face off against Idunn, Kronya is still better off running Special Spiral for consistent Moonbow damage (12) than trying to counter Idunn's debuff nullification (7) and hoping Moonbow activates.

Elegance Shattered
Passive A
Exclusive to Fallen!Rinea (evil, not witch)
Effect: If unit initiates combat while adjacent to a Cavalry ally whose Atk > unit's Atk+1, inflicts penalty to foe's Res equal to half the difference during combat.
A skill that inflicts a Res penalty on her foe during combat based on the difference between her own and her higher-Atk adjacent Cavalry ally. For example, let's say she has 46 Atk, and her ally Fallen!Berkut is adjacent to her and has 62 Atk (that's counting a +7 field buff); in that case, the difference between the Atk of her and Fallen!Berkut would be 16, so the foe would suffer Res-8 during combat. If that ally was Default!Hrid with his Gjoll, and...let's say he got a +6 Atk buff like from Even Atk Wave, and he was put at 66 Atk...that difference would become 20, and her foe would suffer Res-10 that battle instead.
Essentially, it's a skill that allows her to have lower Atk and still potentially deal a lot of damage as long as Cavalry has a large presence in her team, effectively allowing them to have Cavalry Emblem buffs (Goad, Hone, etc.) without making her suffer.
Its weakness (and in a way, its strength) is the fact that it's in her A slot. She can't raise her Atk with skills like Death Blow or Swift Sparrow. She could, however, inherit a Lull skill (like Lull Atk/Res or Lull Spd/Res, both of which aren't in the game yet at this moment) to make full use of this skill. She could also inherit Res Smoke if she wants to have a Singer/Dancer with her.

We haven't gotten any level four B skills, yet, have we? I suppose it is inevitable that we do sooner or or later. When that time comes, here is an idea for one:

Bowbreaker 4: If unit's HP ≥ 25% in combat against a bow foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack. If bow foe initiats combat, grants spd +15 and reduces damage from area-of-effect specials (excluding Rokkr area-of-effect specials) and foe's first attack by 40%.

With Null Follow-Up being everywhere, breaker skills have gotten pretty obsolete despite them being limited to being only useful for specific foes; an upgrade like this could make them worth using, again. An extra 15 spd would enable unit with decent speed to prevent a follow-up (or even make a follow-up themselves) even against foes with Null Follow-Up. And the damage reduction would be an extra bonus to make them all the more effective against the one specific weapon they are meant to counter. I would hope for a Bowbreaker 4 like this specifically to give a big middle finger to Legendary Alm, of whom I am utterly sick of seeing everywhere.

Edited by Namero

• 1 month later...

I know this is a shameless necropost, being that the last update was almost 2 months ago. But we need topics like this to continue to survive, so I made a few skills to put up here.

Impel Atk (/Spd/Def/Res)
C Passive
Tier 4 upgrade of Drive Atk (/Spd/Def/Res) 2
Inheritable to all
Effect: Grants Atk(/Spd/Def/Res)+3 to allies within 3 spaces during combat.
Essentially a range upgrade compared to Drive, allowing for units like Thrasir to work at their best while also preventing skills like Pain+ and Savage Blow from working effectively.

Ward Armor (/Cavalry/Fliers)+
C Passive
Tier 4 upgrade of Ward Armor (/Cavalry/Fliers)
Inheritable to Armored (/Cavalry/Flying) only
Effect: Grants Def/Res+6 to armored (/cavalry/flying) allies within 2 spaces during combat. Grants Def/Res+6 to allies within 3 spaces during combat instead if all allies on team are the same movement type as unit.
Same kind of Tier 4 upgrade as Impel, but to the Class skills. Balanced in such a way that all units on the team have to be the same movement type, forcing any team using this into making a Movement Emblem team. Of course, Def/Res+6 within 2 spaces is still powerful...but any team that wants to use this at its max range of 3 spaces is forced to use a Mono-Movement team. In a way, this skill kinda breaks Grand Conquests and Rival Domains...so I doubt they'd ever put this version of the skill into the game.

Folkvangr's Blessing
B Passive
Tier 0
Exclusive (Legendary!Alfonse)
Effect: At start of turn 1, deals 20 damage to unit and all allies. If unit or ally within 2 spaces has suffered ≥ 20 damage and initiates combat on a foe, grants Atk+20% to unit or that ally during combat.
Grants Legendary!Alfonse the ability to single-handedly place all of his allies within Brazen/Desperation range from the start while also giving allies that have at least 20 damage on them a 20% Atk increase (letting units at a WTD effectively ignore the weapon triangle, as well as making any of those with Triangle Adept able to not lose Atk at a WTD).

Fensalir's Blessing
B Passive
Tier 0
Exclusive (Legendary!Sharena)
Effect: At start of turn 1, inflicts Atk-7 on all foes until their next actions. If foe has a penalty and initiates combat on unit or allies within 2 spaces of unit, inflicts stat penalties on foe after combat equal to their stat penalties during this combat. Calculates each stat penalty independently.
Grants Legendary!Sharena the ability to force her foes into keeping their stat penalties if they attack her or allies within 2 spaces of her (and also inflicts a Chill Atk effect on all foes at the start of turn 1). With this in her B slot, she can put Distant Counter (or Close Counter?) into her A slot and counterattack any foes (whilst also forcing them to keep that Atk penalty if they still have it).

Noatun's Blessing
B Passive
Tier 0
Exclusive (Legendary!Anna)
Effect: Before the start of turn 1, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally and grants another action to unit after start of turn 1. (Additional action granted by this action once per turn only, and to one unit only per turn only. Unit cannot use Assist skill during the turn this effect is used.) Nullifies effects of all foes that allows foes or their allies to move to a space adjacent to that foe or their allies.
Grants Legendary!Anna the ability to move adjacent to any ally before the start of turn 1, effectively letting her decide for the most part how she wants to position herself at the beginning, before then letting her take another action as though she hadn't moved already. It's balanced by the fact that she can't use an Assist skill the turn she does this, so she can't use Reposition to move her ally as well during that time. She also can only have one copy of herself activate the effect, so if she or another copy of her uses that effect then she and/or the others can't use the effect (but can at least still use their Assist skills this turn).
Its second effect prevents the foe from being able to use skills like Wings of Mercy or Ground Orders to allow themselves or their allies the ability to warp, making her a great defensive choice to use in Aether Raids. It should be noted, though, that if the foe used their own copy of Legendary!Anna, both copies would be prevented from using the first effect of this skill.

Conqueror's Will
C Passive
Tier 0
Exclusive (Brave!Walhart)
Effect: At start of turn, if unit has no allies within 2 spaces, reduces the movement of foes within 2 spaces of unit to 1 through their next actions.
Forces a Gravity effect on foes within 2 spaces of him at the start of each turn as long as he has no allies of his own within 2 spaces. Truly a Conqueror's Will that can intimidate foes into not being able to move at the very sight of him....

• 1 month later...

Donnel's Lance
Weapon
Exclusive (Donnel)
Might and Effect: 11 Might. Grants HP+4 but inflicts Spd-3. Unit attacks twice. (Even if foe initiates combat, unit attacks twice.) If unit is 5* and Level 40 and unit's stats total less than 170, treats units stats as 170 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values added by merges and skills.)
Refine Effect: HP+3 (HP+7 total). If foe initiates combat, grants Def+4 during combat and Special Cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Doesn't stack.)

20 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Might and Effect: 11 Might. Grants HP+4 but inflicts Spd-3. Unit attacks twice. (Even if foe initiates combat, unit attacks twice.) If unit is 5* and Level 40 and unit's stats total less than 170, treats units stats as 170 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values added by merges and skills.)

Seems a bit weird to give the effect of B Duel Infantry 3 while replacing the HP+5 effect with HP/Spd 2, especially when Donnel's Spd isn't all that good to begin with. I think Donnel would prefer the additional 1 HP more than 2 Spd.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seems a bit weird to give the effect of B Duel Infantry 3 while replacing the HP+5 effect with HP/Spd 2, especially when Donnel's Spd isn't all that good to begin with. I think Donnel would prefer the additional 1 HP more than 2 Spd.

The Spd could help with tanking units like SK!Alm in Aether Raids.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

The Spd could help with tanking units like SK!Alm in Aether Raids.

The weapon is a Meisterlanze. Alm isn't supposed to get a second hit because he's supposed to be dead after the counterattack.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The weapon is a Meisterlanze. Alm isn't supposed to get a second hit because he's supposed to be dead after the counterattack.

Oh yeah, good point. Ignis to his face will do the trick.

Armament (B slot): If unit's HP ≥ 25%,  Reduces damage inflicted by special attacks from adjacent foes by 20 damage. I'm unsure if such a skill will be better with a either percentage reduction or flat damage reduction.

22 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Refine Effect: HP+3 (HP+7 total). If foe initiates combat, grants Def+4 during combat and Special Cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Doesn't stack.)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, now that I think about it more, I think HP/Atk would probably be even better instead of just HP.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Armament (B slot): If unit's HP ≥ 25%,  Reduces damage inflicted by special attacks from adjacent foes by 20 damage. I'm unsure if such a skill will be better with a either percentage reduction or flat damage reduction.

I think Guard might be better in that case to prevent Specials from activating in the first place.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Actually, now that I think about it more, I think HP/Atk would probably be even better instead of just HP.

Obviously, but the point is that there was no reason to break up B Duel Infantry 3's effect in the first place.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Obviously, but the point is that there was no reason to break up B Duel Infantry 3's effect in the first place.

With Chrom: Crowned Exalt getting 180 BST effect, I think it is pretty reasonable to give a bump to Donnel's B Duel Infantry effect.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Guard might be better in that case to prevent Specials from activating in the first place.

Does guard stop specials that have already been activated from launching? For some reason my gut tells me it doesn't. If that's the case then special reduction could still be useful compared to guard as there are quite a few autochange special spiral style builds. Though it should be included to all specials, not just adjacent ones (and even aoe ones).

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Does guard stop specials that have already been activated from launching? For some reason my gut tells me it doesn't. If that's the case then special reduction could still be useful compared to guard as there are quite a few autochange special spiral style builds. Though it should be included to all specials, not just adjacent ones (and even aoe ones).

Guard does not stop charged Specials from triggering, but I do not see a lot of teams with Specials charged right out the get go outside of Infantry Pulse teams.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Guard does not stop charged Specials from triggering, but I do not see a lot of teams with Specials charged right out the get go outside of Infantry Pulse teams.

The seasonal Alphonse is the most notable one as he comes out the gate built like that. Of course rather than a skill that reduces special damage they could just make guard 4 that stops them outright and maybe inflicts the guard status (damage reduction could still be useful for tanking certain specials that you actually want the enemy to activate so they're further from using it on an enemy that can't take the hit).

Edited by Jotari

Just now, Jotari said:

The seasonal Alphonse is the most notable one as he comes out the gate built like that.

I guess it could be okay on a defense team to help mitigate damage from players' Infantry Pulse teams, but I am not sure if people use offensive Infantry Pulse teams a lot.