Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

22 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

(You cannot remove this status effect with skills like Harsh Command+, Restore+, etc.)

Isolation already prevents the unit from being targeted with Harsh Command+ and Restore+.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Isolation already prevents the unit from being targeted with Harsh Command+ and Restore+.

Oof. I thought Isolation can be cured with Restore. I guess not.

What about Lovely Gifts Alm? Can he cure it with his Duo Skill? I do not have Chrom: Crowned Exalt, so I cannot test it. I think that is our only way of curing Isolation?

Edited by XRay

lets nerf the supporters that need the buffs more so they become even more obsolete.

What supporters might those be? Staff units? I see/use them in the role of healing so little these days that I doubt it would impact them much. Ironically, it might even make them more annoying to deal with; if they are unable to heal then they will go on the offensive, and it is their many tricks like resetting specials, reducing movement, and so on that makes them annoying to deal with. A lot of the time already that I see staff users in AR, they have their healing skill removed (Restore + is the only one I tend to see, and it is normally there for its other affect rather than healing) because people know they may not fulfill their intended role properly if they prioritize healing over attacking.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:25 AM, Namero said:

Rather than just a skill , how about a whole new status effect?

Fatigue: When any skill compares this unit's Hp, Atk, Spd, Def, or Res to foe's, this unit's stat is counted as -50% under actual value.

• Example: So if the unit with this debuff has a skill like Heavy Blade with 70 Atk (after field & in-combat buffs), the unit will only have 35 Atk for Heavy Blade's stat check against foe.
44 minutes ago, Namero said:

What supporters might those be? Staff units? I see/use them in the role of healing so little these days that I doubt it would impact them much. Ironically, it might even make them more annoying to deal with; if they are unable to heal then they will go on the offensive, and it is their many tricks like resetting specials, reducing movement, and so on that makes them annoying to deal with. A lot of the time already that I see staff users in AR, they have their healing skill removed (Restore + is the only one I tend to see, and it is normally there for its other affect rather than healing) because people know they may not fulfill their intended role properly if they prioritize healing over attacking.

So let's get this straight. Base on how you're arguing, your Peril debuff solely exist to counter a stationary tower that only covers part of a map (which means you can lure enemy away from) that you can destroy. That seems like an extremely narrow application for a debuff.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Oof. I thought Isolation can be cured with Restore. I guess not.

What about Lovely Gifts Alm? Can he cure it with his Duo Skill? I do not have Chrom: Crowned Exalt, so I cannot test it. I think that is our only way of curing Isolation?

Yes, Alm's Duo skill can remove Isolation.

I don't have Legendary Chrom either, but you can test using Aether Raids mock battles with Bride Fjorm on your defense map.

your Peril debuff solely exist to counter a stationary tower

It would exist primarily as a compliment to certain strategies involving indirect damage and/or wearing down foes. Since healing towers are one of the most noteworthy hindrances to such tactics, it being able to counter that would just be one of its more noteworthy uses.

Death Spiral - B passive (Exclusive to Hel)

If unit KO's a foe restores 5 HP and grants special cool-down -2 after combat.

Fliers can't learn Special Spiral, and restoring HP synergies with her weapon, even if it isn't a lot. The downside is that she has to kill something, but that's to make the skill and her weapon not completely broken.

Dragon Wrath - B passive (Exclusive to Rhea)

Boosts special damage by 10. At the beginning of each turn grants special cool-down -1 for each dragon ally (Including unit).

The Rhea I'm thinking about would be a slow armored dragon, so you're giving up fighter skills. Getting the cool-down every turn makes it competitive with those skills I feel. The idea is to be able to spam Growing Light or any AOE. I guess Quick Reposte + Aether could be a thing too.

Blessings Staff/+ - Weapon Skill

Grants unit and allies within 2 spaces +4/6 to stats when stat comparisons are made.

So this is like a spectrum Phantom Speed. This would go well defensively with Repel like skills, and could give weaker Heavy Blade units an extra push.

Vital Defense: B Skill: If enemy initiates combat, unit and foe cannot make a followup attack. At the start of odd numbered turns, restores 10HP.  

Prf weapon for breath/dragon units from Three Houses. Basically Wary Fighter and Renewal combine to try and replicate how tough it is to take giant monsters down. Although the Wary Fighter aspect only works on enemy phase either to limit these units offensive capabilities (by making them less able to attack on enemy phase) or to increase it (if they have a weapon skill or Brash Assault seal allowing them to perform follow up attacks, not as common as they can't run it alongside Bold Fighter) depending on the individual units.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...

Wary Alliance (C slot): During combat, if unit is adjacent to an armoured ally, unit and foe cannot make a followup attack. Adjacent armoured allies and foes attacking adjacent armoured allies cannot make follow up attacks (armoured units only). 

Some competition for Armoured March on the C slot. It's basically Wary Fighter but on the C slot, however this is useful for a few reasons. Most obviously it frees up the B slot for something like Vantage or Special Fighter (or even Vengeful Fighter if you want to run Quick Riposte on the Seal for a unit that can follow up while enemies can't). It also removes the HP requirement on Wary Fighter, so two armoured units in a choke point with this can last a lot longer.

Edited by Jotari

Resisting Subjugation
C Passive
No Restrictions
Effect: If foe has the Dominance bonus, nullifies extra damage granted from Dominance from foe's attacks, and grants unit bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of unit's stats x2 (Example: If unit has -7 penalty to Atk, grants Atk+14, for a net bonus of +7.) Calculates each stat bonus independently.
Essentially grants the unit Cancel Dominance (Cancel Affinity, but against Dominance) and Chaos Ragnell, but only if said unit faces an opponent with the Dominance bonus. Completely useless when not facing a foe with Dominance, but can completely turn a match on its head against a unit that has it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought of this but I wonder if we will ever get inheritable speed based equivalents of Draconic Aura/Bonfire/Iceberg and Dragon Fang/Ignis/Glacies? Since right now we only have unique versions that are attached to certain characters like Ayra, Shannon, a lot of Marth's recent alts, etc. Not sure what they would call them but maybe have the three charged version boost damage by 40% of the unit's speed and the four charge version boost damage by 70% of units speed.

38 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Just thought of this but I wonder if we will ever get inheritable speed based equivalents of Draconic Aura/Bonfire/Iceberg and Dragon Fang/Ignis/Glacies? Since right now we only have unique versions that are attached to certain characters like Ayra, Shannon, a lot of Marth's recent alts, etc. Not sure what they would call them but maybe have the three charged version boost damage by 40% of the unit's speed and the four charge version boost damage by 70% of units speed.

For the Spd based Specials, I am hoping for the regular 50% for 3 cooldown and 80% for 4 cooldown, although 40% for 3 and 60-70% for 4 would make sense too.

The highest stats of any unit all around the low 40s, except for HP which goes up to like 60. I think the reason why Atk has a lower percentage is due to everyone wielding a Weapon, Weapons are always providing the extra Atk, and Weapons generally provide around 15 Atk (at the highest end, Blade tomes in practice give 43 Atk, or 48 Atk if you factor in Hone 4s on VS!Azura). Unlike Atk, since Spd does not have anything that gives it a constant boost similar to Def/Res, I am hoping that it will receive the same percentages as the the Def/Res Specials.

Since Refinements and Legendary/Mythic stat boosts have Atk giving the least stats, Def/Res giving the most stats, and Spd being in between, Spd Specials having lower percentages than Def/Res Specials would better match that pattern.

Edited by XRay

Warp: Push ally two squares away and restore Hp=50% Atk +10.

Rescue: Target ally moves to opposite side of unit and restores Hp=50% Atk +10.

Rewarp: Unit moves to opposite side of target ally and restores Hp=50% Atk +10

Foul Play: Swap places with target ally and restores Hp=50% Atk +10.

All are staff exclusive. Healing for staff units has actually been quite static for a long time now. These skills would not only represent so me classic staves from the series but would also open up competition on healers B slots by making them be effectively able to use Link skills while healing. Foul Play I'm not sure fits with the others thematically, it's based in the Trickster skill from Three Houses. But I wanted a healing version of swap and nothing else really jumps out. Foul Play I could see also being a two ranged version of Swap exclusive to Yuri. Draw Back is another one I'd need to think of a skill for. Though I suppose I could just make one up.

Edited by Jotari

On 6/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, Jotari said:

All are staff exclusive. Healing for staff units has actually been quite static for a long time now. These skills would not only represent so me classic staves from the series but would also open up competition on healers B slots by making them be effectively able to use Link skills while healing. Foul Play I'm not sure fits with the others thematically, it's based in the Trickster skill from Three Houses. But I wanted a healing version of swap and nothing else really jumps out. Foul Play I could see also being a two ranged version of Swap exclusive to Yuri. Draw Back is another one I'd need to think of a skill for. Though I suppose I could just make one up.

I like the idea but it needs to be executed differently kinda. There are many times where you do not want to swap/change places with allies after a healing. This would work great if they were introduced as a "Duo-Skill"-Exclusiv button skill for healers, where they can toogle the skill on and off. That way Healers can still use the Healing Assist they want and have a side bonus.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I like the idea but it needs to be executed differently kinda. There are many times where you do not want to swap/change places with allies after a healing. This would work great if they were introduced as a "Duo-Skill"-Exclusiv button skill for healers, where they can toogle the skill on and off. That way Healers can still use the Healing Assist they want and have a side bonus.

This is true. I was thinking it backwards in the way that a heal would often be nice while using movement skills, but if it's to be staff exclusive (which it should be if we're going to call it Warp etc, and wanting those iconic staves in the game is part of the motivation), then healing is usually going to be the priority. However, in regards to the duo skill, I also do want it to introduce Link skills into the Staff units repertoire. Staff units being limited almost entirely to Dazzling/Wrathful Staff and Live to Serve on their B slot is a bit dull. Maybe the trade off would be to increase the Healing level beyond the standard so the healing is less reliable, but more effective.

• 4 weeks later...

If they ever decide to upgrade personal skills...
Sacae's Blessing 2: Sword, lance, axe, and beast foes cannot counterattack. Neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Sorcery Blade 4: At start of combat, if unit is adjacent to a magic ally, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res and Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.

32 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If they ever decide to upgrade personal skills...
Sacae's Blessing 2: Sword, lance, axe, and beast foes cannot counterattack. Neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Updating personal skills would allow us to get Renewal 4 (10HP restored every turn) without completely invalidating Alvis's recover ring.

Edited by Jotari

I'd like to see some more Cavalry-centric skills.  We've had enough of a boost for fliers, armour, and infantry, I don't see why the cavs can't have a little something.  So, I'd propose something like...

(A) Cavalry Charge: If unit uses the full range of their movement this turn, +7 damage during combat.  (Direct combat cavaliers only.)
(B) Canto: If unit has not used the full range of their movement this turn, grants another action to unit after combat and inflicts "restricts movement to 1 space" on unit and Pair Up cohort through their next action.  (Once per turn.)

On 6/13/2020 at 11:27 AM, Jotari said:

Not gonna lie, that's pretty cool. It would be really nice to have a positional assist on a healer and have the warp and rescue staffs from the mainline FE games be represented in FEH at the same time. I think Hilda has a point though, since you're not always going to want to use a positional assist while healing 24/7, so there should be a way to toggle it on and off. 

On 7/13/2020 at 6:43 AM, Samven said:

I'd like to see some more Cavalry-centric skills.  We've had enough of a boost for fliers, armour, and infantry, I don't see why the cavs can't have a little something.

Totally agree. I have no idea why cavalry units don't get more cavalry-locked skills in FEH. 

On 7/13/2020 at 6:43 AM, Samven said:

(A) Cavalry Charge: If unit uses the full range of their movement this turn, +7 damage during combat.  (Direct combat cavaliers only.)
(B) Canto: If unit has not used the full range of their movement this turn, grants another action to unit after combat and inflicts "restricts movement to 1 space" on unit and Pair Up cohort through their next action.  (Once per turn.)

So Cavalry Charge would give one range cavs +7 true damage? That seems really interesting, but not too broken, since it can be pretty difficult to have cavs use all of their movement sometimes, and Cavalry Charge would take up the coveted A skill slot. 

Even though it'd be more faithful to mainline games, I don't think Canto should have the requirement of cavs not using their full range, because it seems like it's little more than a glorified Hit and Run / Drag Back if you can only move one space. As of now, it would be hard to justify using Canto over Desperation/Vantage/a Lull skill, and I don't think it would be that broken if you took away the movement requirement.

Another way you could put Canto in the game would be to make it a Galeforce-like special, but with a faster cooldown of 4 instead of 5. Cav units are some of the best users of Galeforce, and making Canto a faster Galeforce would be pretty fun and allow some cavaliers with Slaying effects to activate Canto without needing Heavy Blade in their S slot.

Berserk (status effect)
Effect: Grants unit Atk+8 during combat, but prevents Special activation before or during combat.

Atk/Spd Provoke
C Passive
Inheritable to Tome and Dagger units only
Effect: Grants unit Atk/Spd+7 during combat. After combat, inflicts Berserk on foe through their next action.

Aggravation Staff+
Staff
Inheritable to Staff units only
Might/Effect: 10 Might. Unit cannot make a follow-up attack. After combat, inflicts Berserk on target and foes within 1 space of target through their next actions.

Calm Mind
C Passive
Exclusive
Effect: Grants Def/Res+5 during combat. Grants unit Def/Res+10 instead if unit is affected by Berserk.

Bölverk
Axe
Exclusive (Conquest!Garon)
Might/Effect: 16 Might. Grants Atk+3. At start of turn, if there are no allies within 2 spaces of unit, inflicts Berserk on unit for 1 turn.

Note that Berserk doesn't stop the special's countdown, it only prevents the Special from activating once it reaches 0. And it doesn't stop Specials that activate after combat, so Galeforce becomes your go-to Special.
It's a Status Effect that hits hardest against units with a high reliance on offensive Specials before or during combat (especially those with low Atk). It also greatly hurts those who rely on defensive Specials like Miracle or Aegis/Pavise, since they also activate during combat. It's a double-edged sword, though...because while it prevents them from dealing damage with their Special, their normal attacks end up getting buffed in addition. So against units that already have high Atk without the combat buff, or have Galeforce as their Special (since it's unaffected as it only triggers after combat), it only helps rather than hinders.
Those with Ruptured Sky would probably find Berserk a good status effect to inflict on their opponent, since it prevents the foe from using their Special and increases the damage Ruptured Sky does to them since RS does more damage the higher your opponent's Atk is.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

On 7/13/2020 at 8:43 PM, Samven said:

I'd like to see some more Cavalry-centric skills.  We've had enough of a boost for fliers, armour, and infantry, I don't see why the cavs can't have a little something.  So, I'd propose something like...

Why would I use cavalry charge when I could just equip Death Blow 4 instead? I'd throw in a guaranteed follow up attack or something to make it better.

Triangle Adept 4: Grant unit Weapon Triangle Advantage (WTA) against colorless foes. If unit has WTA, boost Atk modifier by 20%. (Skill no longer modifies Atk if unit has weapon triangle disadvantage.)

Defiant Atk 4: At the start of the turn, grant unit Atk+9 and [Defiant] for a turn. If unit's HP ≤ 50% at the start of the turn, grant allies within 2 spaces Atk+9 and [Defiant] for a turn.

[Defiant] - If unit has an active bonus during combat, neutralize unit's penalty of the same stat during combat.

Earth Boost 4: If unit's HP=100% or if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP at the start of combat, grant unit Def+8 and neutralize unit's Def penalty during combat. Restores 8 HP after combat.

Sorcery Blade 4: If unit is within 2 spaces of a magic ally during combat, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res and grant unit Special Charge cooldown +1 per unit's attack.

Bonus Doubler 4: During combat or when a skill compares unit's stat to foe's, grants unit Atk/Spd/Def/Res = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently. 

A few theoretical tier 4 A-passives for skill-trees that haven't received one yet. Skills within the same family tree will follow the same structure & values. I prefer variety and rather avoid just merely adding more duo stat boosts. Also, it would allow the lesser skills like Defiant Atk 3 or Earth Boost 3 still useful for fodder.

Some minor note: TA4 is designed to actually make Cancel Affinity more practical, Earth Boost is made to closer resemble Mystic Boost, Sorcery Blade is made to closer resemble Heavy Blade & Flashing Blade, and lastly Bonus Doubler didn't receive number buffs because in my opinion, I think tier 4 field buffs should be going up to +9, which will indirectly improve Bonus Doubler.

EDIT: Tune down Boost (now negate penalty instead of convert, & reduce healing to 8) & Bonus Doubler (two effects no longer stack with itself).

Edited by Clear World

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why would I use cavalry charge when I could just equip Death Blow 4 instead? I'd throw in a guaranteed follow up attack or something to make it better.

i guess because it works on enemy phase too, since they have 0 range (aka cant move) and have used their full range? but then again you could say: why not use an Atk Solo skill or so

Edited by Hilda

On 7/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, Jotari said:

I'd say because it'd be true damage, not an attack bonus; which might be more useful depending on what circumstance you're in.

Follow-up attacks might be good but then you might be turning it into Cavalry Bold Fighter.  Which I'm not completely opposed to but I already feel like we have a lot of, "Guarantees follow-up attack" effects.  Maybe you could buff the power or give another effect but, personally, I don't think the whole game needs to be Follow-Up Emblem.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:38 PM, SirErrant said:

Totally agree. I have no idea why cavalry units don't get more cavalry-locked skills in FEH. 

So Cavalry Charge would give one range cavs +7 true damage? That seems really interesting, but not too broken, since it can be pretty difficult to have cavs use all of their movement sometimes, and Cavalry Charge would take up the coveted A skill slot. 

Even though it'd be more faithful to mainline games, I don't think Canto should have the requirement of cavs not using their full range, because it seems like it's little more than a glorified Hit and Run / Drag Back if you can only move one space. As of now, it would be hard to justify using Canto over Desperation/Vantage/a Lull skill, and I don't think it would be that broken if you took away the movement requirement.

Another way you could put Canto in the game would be to make it a Galeforce-like special, but with a faster cooldown of 4 instead of 5. Cav units are some of the best users of Galeforce, and making Canto a faster Galeforce would be pretty fun and allow some cavaliers with Slaying effects to activate Canto without needing Heavy Blade in their S slot.

That's a good point with Canto!  Maybe some kind of shorter Galeforce would work better?  I was just trying to not make it identical to Njorun's Zeal but that would work too.

1 hour ago, Samven said:

That's a good point with Canto!  Maybe some kind of shorter Galeforce would work better?  I was just trying to not make it identical to Njorun's Zeal but that would work too.

Yeah, I was kinda scared of making it too similar to Njorun's Zeal, too. Maybe if it was a 3 charge Galeforce but after activation cavs could only move 2 spaces? I don't know. Canto seriously should be in the game in some form, though if only because I'm tired of switching my Heavy Blade seal between Brave Eliwood and Dimitri 24/7

On 7/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, Clear World said:

Triangle Adept 4: Grant unit Weapon Triangle Advantage (WTA) against colorless foes. If unit has WTA, boost Atk modifier by 20%. (Skill no longer modifies Atk if unit has weapon triangle disadvantage.)

I absolutely love this. It'd finally make Triangle Adept 4 (and Cancel Affinity) relevant again, and taking away the weapon triangle disadvantage part makes it justifiable to use vs Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, or a solo skill. 

Defiant Atk 4: At the start of the turn, grant unit Atk+9 and [Defiant] for a turn. If unit's HP ≤ 50% at the start of the turn, grant allies within 2 spaces Atk+9 and [Defiant] for a turn.

[Defiant] - If unit has an active bonus during combat, neutralize unit's penalty of the same stat during combat.

Earth Boost 4: If unit's HP=100% or if unit's HP ≥ foe's HP at the start of combat, grant unit Def+8 and convert unit's Def penalty into bonuses during combat. Restores 10 HP after combat.

Yeah... these might lean towards being too broken. I really like the idea of Defiant being an effect, though, but maybe I'd change it to adjacent allies and lower the Atk to +7 or +5. Earth Boost is cool, maybe lessen the amount of healing. 

Sorcery Blade 4: If unit is within 2 spaces of a magic ally during combat, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res and grant unit Special Charge cooldown +1 per unit's attack.

I really like Sorcery Blade 4 now (especially changing the adjacency to within 2 spaces), but I still think it'd be hard to justify using it over another A skill. Finally makes it competitive though.

Bonus Doubler 4: Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently. When a skill compares unit's stat to foe's, unit's bonuses are counted as +100% above actual value. (This skill bonuses may stack with itself.)

*laughs in CC/Repel/Spurn speed tanks*