"Hell hath no fury like a women scorned" indeed...

Raze2000

So I've been giving Genealogy a whirl at a friends recomendation... took me a bit to get into it but now that I am... ho... boy I may have bitten off more then I can chew with this one... but I'm not here to rant about that! After one failed attempt (I figured she'd talk to Sigurd not attack him...) and another major screw up after that, I managed to recruit Ayra to my army... I figured I'd have Ayra chase Sigurd over to my army to spare me having to manually move her over... instead of chasing Sigurd she made a beeline for Genoa and DESTROYED the castle! 

... I... why? Is it because she was looking for Shannan? Did she ransack the place out of spite? I wasn't even aware a non-thief or brigand unit could even DO that... much less would... does anyone know why she did this? And if there's any consequences for it?

I think the destroying castles things is actually what any enemy can do, not just thieves and brigands and stuff. At least, only to player owned castles. Any other faction simply gets captured. And I think the Home Castle is also just captured, but since it means a Game Over, I suppose it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Since Ayra's AI is to head back to Genoa once it's captured by Sigurd... well, it reaches its logical conclusion. It is different if the castle is not captured but all enemies are killed. She will still head back and instead become its guard (as the castle is still "allied" to her, she's her own faction, not part of Kinbois's army), but then that means you have to kill her to capture Genoa. So yeah.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think the destroying castles things is actually what any enemy can do, not just thieves and brigands and stuff. At least, only to player owned castles. Any other faction simply gets captured. And I think the Home Castle is also just captured, but since it means a Game Over, I suppose it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Since Ayra's AI is to head back to Genoa once it's captured by Sigurd... well, it reaches its logical conclusion. It is different if the castle is not captured but all enemies are killed. She will still head back and instead become its guard (as the castle is still "allied" to her, she's her own faction, not part of Kinbois's army), but then that means you have to kill her to capture Genoa. So yeah.

Bingo.

@Raze2000:It's pretty standard stuff here. Your confusion probably comes from how Villages in the other Fire Emblems work

1 hour ago, Raze2000 said:

because she was looking for Shannan? Did she ransack the place out of spite? I wasn't even aware a non-thief or brigand unit could even DO that... much less would... does anyone know why she did this? And if there's any consequences for it?

Yeah, everyone can destroy your castles if they are unprotected, but to answer the bold question, no there aren't major consequences.  When Sigurd becomes a holy knight, he's told to protect castles for extra funds, so all you lose is a little bit of extra gold (a resource you shouldn't lack).

Good to know... and yeah I don't lack any gold... Dew is currently carrying more gold then everyone sans Sigurd combined... i had him hold off the brigands while Aideen fled... they couldn't hit him and he gleefully took their cash... I think I have a keeper! Anyway thanks for your answers... good information to have in the future... I feel like Ayra was letting off some steam though XD

Edited by Raze2000
Auto correct misspelled "Aideen" and it escaped my notice the first time

37 minutes ago, Raze2000 said:

Good to know... and yeah I don't lack any gold... Dew is currently carrying more gold then everyone sans Sigurd combined... i had him hold off the brigands while Aideen fled... they couldn't hit him and he gleefully took their cash... I think I have a keeper! Anyway thanks for your answers... good information to have in the future... I feel like Ayra was letting off some steam though XD

1 blue castle means 1000 gold for each of your units. And that's all about it.

49 minutes ago, Zasplach said:

Yep, it's an old SNES game, look or ask for help as needed.

I assume not making ANY assumptions is a good one? I figured Deirdre was just introducing a new mechanic when she warned me about the boss... only for Jamake to get BODIED by one Fenrir shot.... and my last save state is from before recruiting him.... sigh I'll be right back...

Edited by Raze2000

1 hour ago, Raze2000 said:

I assume not making ANY assumptions is a good one? I figured Deirdre was just introducing a new mechanic when she warned me about the boss... only for Jamake to get BODIED by one Fenrir shot.... and my last save state is from before recruiting him.... sigh I'll be right back...

Looking ahead is always a good idea, some bosses have ranged tombs, some have staves, some hurt, bad.

2 minutes ago, Zasplach said:

Looking ahead is always a good idea, some bosses have ranged tombs, some have staves, some hurt, bad.

I knew he would hurt... but not THAT badly...

now im a bit curious... what would happen if I approached Verdane before Jamake and his forces spawned?

Edited by Raze2000

3 hours ago, Raze2000 said:

now im a bit curious... what would happen if I approached Verdane before Jamake and his forces spawned?

you can't get to Verdane until Jamke and his forces spawn. If you try to move a unit past the forest, you might see yellow blocks, meaning you can't pass.

Also a tip for this chapter: You can get a pretty good weapon for Lex. You may check out a guide to find out how to get it, or you could try it yourself.

8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

you can't get to Verdane until Jamke and his forces spawn. If you try to move a unit past the forest, you might see yellow blocks, meaning you can't pass.

Also a tip for this chapter: You can get a pretty good weapon for Lex. You may check out a guide to find out how to get it, or you could try it yourself.

Thanks for the tip but I already got the memo from my friend :P my current question is why Diredre keeps missing :/

New question. I reached chapter 2... anything of note I should keep in mind?

Edited by Raze2000

2 hours ago, Raze2000 said:

Thanks for the tip but I already got the memo from my friend :P my current question is why Diredre keeps missing :/

New question. I reached chapter 2... anything of note I should keep in mind?

Just pay attention to the castle dialogues, there is a character with a recruitment you'll need to pay attention to.

3 hours ago, Zasplach said:

Just pay attention to the castle dialogues, there is a character with a recruitment you'll need to pay attention to.

Castle Dialouges?

Also Blonde Hair? Myrmidon? Yeah Ayra beat the shit out of him and he decided to join us... I'm just like "Wait so I'm NOT killing you in the arena?" Also... why does he have Holy Blood? And why is it the same as Ayras?

9 hours ago, Raze2000 said:

Castle Dialouges?

Also Blonde Hair? Myrmidon? Yeah Ayra beat the shit out of him and he decided to join us... I'm just like "Wait so I'm NOT killing you in the arena?" Also... why does he have Holy Blood? And why is it the same as Ayras?

exposition when you capture a castle, and I actually meant another character.  And no, you don't kill them in the arena, those who lose have their health dropped to one.  He has holy blood because of reasons.  I'll spoiler it

Spoiler

He's a noble from Issach, like Arya is.  His father is the chief of Sophara and he's known Arya since they were kids.

Well. I'm back! And boy did I have one hell of a time with chapter 3...... Damn you Eldigan....

On 10/21/2017 at 3:27 AM, Zasplach said:

exposition when you capture a castle, and I actually meant another character.  And no, you don't kill them in the arena, those who lose have their health dropped to one.  He has holy blood because of reasons.  I'll spoiler it

Hide contents

He's a noble from Issach, like Arya is.  His father is the chief of Sophara and he's known Arya since they were kids.

Ohhhh you mean Beowulf? I'd like to have gotten him.... but he decided to commit Sigurdicide...

6 hours ago, Raze2000 said:

Well. I'm back! And boy did I have one hell of a time with chapter 3...... Damn you Eldigan....

Ohhhh you mean Beowulf? I'd like to have gotten him.... but he decided to commit Sigurdicide...

Fairly sure he meant Holyn.

45 minutes ago, Raze2000 said:

Well I’ve... gotten shit done since we last talked! I'm at second gen! And the "battle" of Belhalla annoys me as much as disheartens  me...

So what pairings did you end with and how do they seem to be working out so far? 

3 hours ago, Raze2000 said:

Dew/Lachesis

That post-Phinora conversation between those two is the funniest bit of dialogue I remember in a Fire Emblem game.  I think I was sitting in a class and had an outrageous outburst that I couldn't explain...

10 hours ago, Zasplach said:

That post-Phinora conversation between those two is the funniest bit of dialogue I remember in a Fire Emblem game.  I think I was sitting in a class and had an outrageous outburst that I couldn't explain...

I think the best part came from the fact that I didn’t have that conversation till after beating back the Thracian Wyvern Knights (unless I’m forgetting what castle that is) in Whitch case Lach just told Dew he isn’t cut out for fighting... except in that fight... Lach got one good hit then had to run off with her horses tail between its legs... While Dew fought like a champion...

edit. This requires elaboration. 

As I started with FE:RD that game has given me an inflated idea of thieves as combat units (RD kicks off with Sothe kicking Bengion ASS) and just like a certain friend of mine LOVES pegs... and always uses them... I shall ALWAYS have a thief in my team... so I gave Dew special attention and training (and spending FOREVER having him and Lach give gold back and forth.... what does that LOOK like to others?...) so by the time I got to that part...Dew was an ass kicking rogue that nobody could hit! Not even Lewyn could match Dew's fancy moves! Granted Lewyn does it without the triangle...

Edited by Raze2000