Question Regarding the Silver Card

De Geso

I've been playing HHM and going for an S-rank, so naturally I'm concerned about funds.

I understand that the silver card, in effect, doubles the amount of liquid gold you have (so if I have 5000 gold I can buy items with total value of 10000).

I also know that when you buy an item at half price, the full cost of the item is added to your "funds total," for lack of a better term (buying a Physic staff at 1875 essentially "creates" 1875 value in my inventory).

But, what I'm not sure about is this (this might sound a little silly, but I want clarification before I continue with my run):

Let's say my inventory is completely empty, besides the silver card and 5000 gold. If I buy something that costs me 1000 gold with the silver card, my inventory would be worth 6000 total, right? Not including the value of the silver card itself.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

Yes. When you buy something with the Silver Card, essentially the discounted price of the item is added to your Funds value.

So if you use the Silver Card to spend 1,000 gold (say, on two Iron Swords [total cost 460] and two Iron Bows [total cost 540]), that will add 1,000 gold to your Funds rank. If the total value of your assets was 5,000 gold before that purchase, it will be 6,000 after.

Edited by Paper Jam