Serenes Forest Support Group

Greencapps

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

It's college. The education system in the netherlands works a little differently than in other countries I think. I am 16 years old and i'm in college. I am studying tourism at the moment.

Yeah, comparing them can be a pain sometimes. I think 16 means you just started? I know a lot of people drop out in the first year of their study because it wasn't what they thought it'd be, so you shouldn't feel ashamed or weird for dropping out. A friend of mine has dropped out of two studies before finally finding the one he likes and he's quite happy right now.

Of course, I'm not saying you should immidiatly drop out, but don't assume it's not an option. I'm not entirely sure how your study works, but maybe you could try to take a little time off, only following a few courses instead of all of them? Then you can use that time to maybe get an internship or two to see if it's really something for you. You could also use it to look for alternatives if you this tourism isn't your thing after all.

Hope that helps a little.

10 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Yo!  University drop-out here... :P:  I left after 1.5 years.  I was in the Science program.  I had the same feelings and worries as you.  My parents were a little disappointed at first, but they understood.  (They were paying for my school as well.)  There's nothing wrong with taking time off school to just work and think more about what you really want to do.  

A few years later, I completed a short college certificate required for my current job.  My job isn't the highest paying or important job, but it provides me with what I need to live.  Personally, I don't care about having a worthwhile career or a good education.  It's simply not important to me.  I work to live, not live to work.  My job is quite easy, and I don't take any of it home with me.  Boring sometimes... But that's how I like it. :):  I live a (mostly) stress-free life.

I'm not recommending you drop out too, but I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I say give it some more thought & follow your heart (yeah, cheesy).

7 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, comparing them can be a pain sometimes. I think 16 means you just started? I know a lot of people drop out in the first year of their study because it wasn't what they thought it'd be, so you shouldn't feel ashamed or weird for dropping out. A friend of mine has dropped out of two studies before finally finding the one he likes and he's quite happy right now.

Of course, I'm not saying you should immidiatly drop out, but don't assume it's not an option. I'm not entirely sure how your study works, but maybe you could try to take a little time off, only following a few courses instead of all of them? Then you can use that time to maybe get an internship or two to see if it's really something for you. You could also use it to look for alternatives if you this tourism isn't your thing after all.

Hope that helps a little.

That was quite helpful, thanks! I think I'll keep at it for a while. Unfortunatly I don't have the option of not doing certain classes, I need to do everything. But i'll try.

tough situation: shoes i want are $700 i have no job so not only is it a stupid purchase but also by the time i save up they will be out of stock because theyre so popular

First off...sorry everyone about that thread...

secondly I guess I I’ve still kinda been stuck on a situation that I act like I’m over irl. 

So I’ll rant and hopefully it doesn’t make y’all uncomfortable. 

It was actually just earlier this year I came out to my dad and best friend Claire...

and my dad really didn’t take it well and I stayed at Claire’s for a while. And she was kinda helping my confidence and then I moved back in with my dad. 

So I had a friend who I only knew for a year but we were super similar  she was always making jokes about me though, clearly checking me out even if I couldn’t see her and Claire noticed, teasing me for not mentioning which boys I found cute even though she didn’t ever do that either  

But then I was also on some forum. where I mentioned how things were between me and her and they all said she was totally into me. 

But I told her I wanted to kiss her and date her and she laughed before realizing I was serious and then talked to me about it but I was hurt. It got hard to talk and now we almost never do 

I told the forum that it went perfectly and we were still together. 

Talked to Claire about it a bit but told her I was totally fine but I kinda still am not over it 

/end rant 

7 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

secondly I guess I I’ve still kinda been stuck on a situation that I act like I’m over irl. 

It was actually just earlier this year I came out to my dad and best friend Claire...

and my dad really didn’t take it well and I stayed at Claire’s for a while. And she was kinda helping my confidence and then I moved back in with my dad. 

So I had a friend who I only knew for a year but we were super similar  she was always making jokes about me though, clearly checking me out even if I couldn’t see her and Claire noticed, teasing me for not mentioning which boys I found cute even though she didn’t ever do that either  

But then I was also on some forum. where I mentioned how things were between me and her and they all said she was totally into me. 

But I told her I wanted to kiss her and date her and she laughed before realizing I was serious and then talked to me about it but I was hurt. It got hard to talk and now we almost never do 

Talked to Claire about it a bit but told her I was totally fine but I kinda still am not over it 

/end rant 

Not really sure whether you wanted people to react to this or just wanted to rant but I guess I'll say a few things anyway (you can just ignore this whole post if you want ofc).

First off, I think you're very brave for coming out and confessing to someone. I don't have any experience with the first part, but I know the second part is really scary and I can imagine it might be even worse for you. If someone took my confession for a joke I imagine I might have just played it off as such and basicly ran away. So yeah, super impressive!

Secondly, being rejected really sucks. Honestly, I don't think it really matters when or how it happens, it's going to hurt either way. You don't need to feel weird for not being able shrug it off and you don't need to force yourself to act tough in front of others if you don't want to. I don't know Claire, but I'm pretty sure she'll understand if you just tell her you're not really over it. You don't even need to tell her you "lied" about being over it, she'll probably understand if you just say something like "being rejected sucks". Since you two seem pretty close, she might already suspect you're not fully over it anyway (I don't know her, but I know from experience best friends can suprise you like that).

Hope that helps you a little bit at least. I really suck at talking about this kind of stuff.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, claire said:

tough situation: shoes i want are $700 i have no job so not only is it a stupid purchase but also by the time i save up they will be out of stock because theyre so popular

Look for cheaper shoes that are similar online or at a store that sells shoes for cheaper. Thrift stores sometimes have surprisingly nice shoes for $5 or less.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, IEatLasers said:

Aw, nothing to be sorry about!  :):  Rant away!

I don't have much advice to offer regarding your situation, but I feel for you... I don't have any experience with same-sex relationships, but unrequited love has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.  :(:  I went through that for 3 years, back when I was 14-17 years old.  It hurts so much.  *Hugs!*

51 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Aw, nothing to be sorry about!  :):  Rant away!

I don't have much advice to offer regarding your situation, but I feel for you... I don't have any experience with same-sex relationships, but unrequited love has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.  :(:  I went through that for 3 years, back when I was 14-17 years old.  It hurts so much.  *Hugs!*

*hugs* thanks. It’s really embarrassing still too, honestly. I mean first off just that I like girls, then that the one woman I really liked, and honestly really thought she liked me back doesn’t even like girls. Isn’t that embarrassing 

@Bartozio thanks for the advice. I’m sure Claire knows and I think she’d be comforting still, she’s always really good at cuddling xD. 

But it’s like, kinda weird to mention it so I’d rather she just jump into that mode than provoke it myself. 

17 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Know any good locations to neet new people? I need to expand my friend's list.

Try joining a club that does something you're interested in. It helps if it's something you're really good at.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:59 AM, IEatLasers said:

/end rant 

It happens.  Sometimes you think a girl is showing signs that she's into you, but either isn't or isn't ready to commit.  It's happened to me several times.

Don't feel bad about fibbing to your friend about everything being okay.  Saying things are okay in a relationship when they aren't is just something you/I/we all say when we aren't ready to talk about it yet.  I'm sure she'll understand, once you're ready to talk to her about it.