What would the Fire Emblem be in this game?

8 hours ago, Duster said:

It would be interesting if the Fire Emblem wasn't in the game...physically, but rather as an idea used as propaganda by the characters in the story with it being told so frequently that people think that the idea is a real thing.

Just a thought.

Computer-Guy.jpg.badde50f8a6766f13f404701333749e5.jpg

How inventive.

What if it was some sort of brand in this game? Maybe have some prophecy about the champion marked with the Fire Emblem to tie into it since at this point chosen ones seem to be a running thing with Fire Emblem.

Edited by Dracologist

On 10/22/2017 at 8:14 PM, saisymbolic said:

But, I think it'll end up being either 1.) an ancient amulet needed for some ritual to either unleash or seal some kind of cosmic horror opponent, or b.) a royal crest of some kind that marks the possessor as a chosen one. Don't particularly mind the former but not a fan of the latter.

Okay so, while I said I wasn't a fan of this idea, what if: the Fire Emblem does mark the possessor as a chosen one BUT, in a sort of subversion of the trope, the possessor is actually the one destined to be defeated at the end of the central conflict. So, instead of the Fire Emblem being a symbol of heroism and hope, it is actually becomes a curse of damnation and failure.

idk thought it could be different

How about... an actual emblem... associated with actual fire?

For once?

In all seriousness though, I would like that. A badge that gives the user fire powers, or protects them from fire, or at the absolute most distant stretch (and probably the one that would work best in the context of the story), gives the wearer the ability to control dragons.

It seems like even with the first game, the term "Fire Emblem" was just kind of imposed onto objects that never really seemed to fit the label, and I'd love to see one that actually fits.

About the fire emblem being a person thing. What if instead of it being like a set in stone deal, i.e. it’s always the same character that’s the fire emblem, it’s something that’s random each play through, either completely or partially. 

Maybe it could be something akin to tales of symphonia’s soul mate system where the character with the highest friendship with you could be the fire emblem as an example of partially random

As for other things people have thrown out there I like the idea of it being weapon again as it’s a simple way to give it some relevance to the plot and also hard to screw up

I did kinda like Fates' idea of the Fire Emblem being five collective legendary weapons, so I wouldn't mind something like that, but the idea of it being a sacred place intrigues me.

Or maybe it's not so much a place itself, but a super-duper big "emblem" on the floor of a place. Like a big floor mural with some kind of sacred power within it.