New Animal Crossing Direct will focus on the mobile game

Armagon

Remember how they announced Animal Crossing Mobile last year and then we heard absolutely nothing? You probably even forgot that it existed. Well, for those who do remember/are interested in it, an Animal Crossing themed Direct will air in Japan this Wednesday. I personally don't care at all about Animal Crossing but i thought it would be nice to notify those who do care.

Source: https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/10/23/animal-crossing-direct-announced-upcoming-mobile-game/

Update: Direct confirmed for NA and EU regions for tomorrow at 8:00 PM PST.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So this doesn't mean we won't get a proper Direct in November, does it?

Probably not. Specific-themed Directs typically don't affect regular Directs. We'll probably get a Direct in mid-November.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably not. Specific-themed Directs typically don't affect regular Directs. We'll probably get a Direct in mid-November.

What's the rationale for a November direct? It's all about the January Directs, baby. We know what's coming out by the end of this year, I'm interested in the 2018 showcase.

I didn't forget about Animal Crossing Mobile, I was hoping it'd be used as a promotional tool to get people hyped for an Animal Crossing Switch. Or a companion app for said game. But they're saying that no new 3DS or Switch title will be talked about. Criminal. You could fit an Animal Crossing game on a mobile platform easy. Maybe this is where the series is headed?

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What's the rationale for a November direct? It's all about the January Directs, baby. We know what's coming out by the end of this year, I'm interested in the 2018 showcase.

The January Direct is a given but a November Direct is likely, probably to put in some extra promotion for upcoming Holiday 2017 titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The January Direct is a given but a November Direct is likely, probably to put in some extra promotion for upcoming Holiday 2017 titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It would just be a retread of the last Direct's lineup if it's focused on Holiday season. Though come to think of it, they neglected to tell us about that DLC for Breath of the Wild that's slated for the end of the year. So that's one new thing they could talk about. Xenoblade got eight minutes in the last one, including actual gameplay details. We're past the "here's some cutscenes and running across landscapes" phase, this JRPG is ready to ship.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

It would just be a retread of the last Direct's lineup if it's focused on Holiday season. Though come to think of it, they neglected to tell us about that DLC for Breath of the Wild that's slated for the end of the year. So that's one new thing they could talk about. Xenoblade got eight minutes in the last one, including actual gameplay details. We're past the "here's some cutscenes and running across landscapes" phase, this JRPG is ready to ship.

Isn't the first pack of the FE Warriors DLC also set to release this Holiday? They could talk about that.

But if there's a November Direct, they could and probably will talk about things besides Xenoblade 2 and BotW/FE Warriors DLC. Probably some unannounced games. I remember November's 2014 Direct announced Majora's Mask 3D.

There's also this image Nintendo released and they could talk about some games from there.

Spoiler

DMXoSFIWkAAWH-U.jpg

Well here's the full Direct. Definitely surprised at how much Animal Crossing gameplay is in this mobile game. Signs point to it being Free to Play, but who knows, Nintendo can pull another goof in asking for money up front in a mobile app. Assuming they don't, be careful not to get NOOKED.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Well here's the full Direct. Definitely surprised at how much Animal Crossing gameplay is in this mobile game. Signs point to it being Free to Play, but who knows, Nintendo can pull another goof in asking for money up front in a mobile app. Assuming they don't, be careful not to get NOOKED.

Game's actually out on the Australian Play Store/App Store for some reason. It's Free-to-Play.