Ike heals the heart of a mad goddess?

Icelerate

Right before Radiant Dawn ends, it gives Ike credit for various heroic deeds but one thing I don't understand is the following. 

Final words

In days long past, a young man
strode the lands of Tellius.

He was simple yet true, his deeds
brave and noble. He reunited two
races long at war,
and healed the heart of a goddess
long gone mad

Ask any you meet be they young or
old, beorc or laguz,
of a hero named Ike and you’ll receive
a warm smile
and a tale or two of faith, courage,
and honesty.

Fin

Is it talking about Ashera, Ashunera or Yune? He doesn't change Ashera other than defeating her. Ashunera's heart is only healed because Yune merges with Ashera, not because Ike healed her. Also, Yune didn't change as a result of Ike's actions unless I'm missing something. 

Anyhow, it is ironic that the apostle, who has an actual connection with Yune, and by extension Ashera and Ashunera, doesn't get credit for this. 

I read that as "steals" instead of "heals" and I was like wut.

You've got to remember that Ike himself, or anyone who knew him, wrote that. The person who did would've heard the story through the grapevine and it would sound that way to them. I think.

I'm guess it's referring to Ashera. Yune is the sane half, Ashera is the wrathful one. Ike's "killing" of Ashera subdued her stubbornness and made it possible for Yune to reunite with her.

As for Ike getting all the attention and Micaiah little at the very end of RD- nothing odd there. Micaiah is squeezed between Ike and Yune, only getting 4-F-1 to herself, even though she could have shown up in 4-F-2 , and 4-F-4 and 5 (though she gets a Lehran boss convo). Why the Second Volume of the Tellius Recollection goes and gives Ike a new informal title- the Second Altina with his acquiring of Alondite and Ragnell post-BK death. Even though nobody leaves the Alondite on Ike.

Just now, Flee Fleet! said:

Isn't Yune the extremely emotional half?

She is, she makes a sandstorm recalling the Great Flood she made when talking to Sanaki. But Ashera was clearly not right when she decided "let me purge all life and begin anew". The "coldhearted killer half" might sound better. Yune might not be stable all the time, but at the moment, Ashera was worse.

Yune and Ashera's squabbles remind me of the Greek gods and their little spats. Or any real world mythology for that matter, but I'm most familiar with Greek. 

Also Yune is awesome. "How would you like it if I called you a dark bag of organs? I'm not talking to you now!" Lol. Ike and his bluntness, but nobody can really blame him, he was just repeating what he and everyone else had been taught their whole lives. Kudos to Mist for being the MVP there. And nobody expected the "dark god" to be a tiny little girl. Tellius lore is best lore.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

And nobody expected the "dark god" to be a tiny little girl. Tellius lore is best lore.

We've had super powerful manakete lolis. Is Yune the goddess form of one? I like her more than most of them though.

Yune as a little girl works, because of her childish behavior. Ashera on the other hand is much more mature in her behavior, thus a mature woman in form. Ashunera is older than Yune in form, but younger than Ashera, the happy medium between youth and old age.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yune as a little girl works, because of her childish behavior. Ashera on the other hand is much more mature in her behavior, thus a mature woman in form. Ashunera is older than Yune in form, but younger than Ashera, the happy medium between youth and old age.

Good point! Still, it is kinda immature to know you're supposed to consult with your sister and fellow goddess before you decide to purge the world, but refuse to. I guess people go back on their bargains a lot though and deities are normally depicted as having the same emotional baggage and mental processes as mortals though, so that's that.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I read that as "steals" instead of "heals" and I was like wut.

You've got to remember that Ike himself, or anyone who knew him, wrote that. The person who did would've heard the story through the grapevine and it would sound that way to them. I think.

Lol. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm guess it's referring to Ashera. Yune is the sane half, Ashera is the wrathful one. Ike's "killing" of Ashera subdued her stubbornness and made it possible for Yune to reunite with her.

As for Ike getting all the attention and Micaiah little at the very end of RD- nothing odd there. Micaiah is squeezed between Ike and Yune, only getting 4-F-1 to herself, even though she could have shown up in 4-F-2 , and 4-F-4 and 5 (though she gets a Lehran boss convo). Why the Second Volume of the Tellius Recollection goes and gives Ike a new informal title- the Second Altina with his acquiring of Alondite and Ragnell post-BK death. Even though nobody leaves the Alondite on Ike.

I guess Ike "healing her heart" is a poetic way of saying he finished her off. 

I'm well aware but wouldn't the apostle and Queen of Daein be important enough to mention? Especially when anyone could have landed the blow on Ashera but not everyone could have been Yune's avatar.  

Edited by Icelerate

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I'm well aware but wouldn't the apostle and Queen of Daein be important enough to mention? 

Micaiah isn't crowned Queen of Daein until after the game is finished. Besides, all she did was house Yune.

Especially when anyone could have landed the blow on Ashera but not everyone could have been Yune's avatar.  

Only Ike can land the finishing blow, since he's the only one that can wield Ragnell. If anyone could kill Ashera, then then the bards of Tellius would be revering Vika as the person who saved the world (at least on my game).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

34 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Only Ike can land the finishing blow, since he's the only one that can wield Ragnell. If anyone could kill Ashera, then then the bards of Tellius would be revering Vika as the person who saved the world (at least on my game).

To be fair, that's a gameplay limitation, not story. In fact, there's nothing in-story that says anybody else couldn't do it, or couldn't wield Ragnell for that matter. The game forces you to use Ike, but in a realistic scenario, Yune could've given her power to anyone to land the final blow (now certainly here Ike would be among the best candidates to do this, but the point is that he was hardly the only one). An other example would be Amiti, with how the game locks it to Elincia even though Renning could use it as well (and in fact, he actually can, even in-game if you hack it into his inventory).

As an aside, it it could be possible then for me that would be Edward.

• 1 month later...