So, why didn't anyone buy this game?

Lucario666

4 hours ago, Lucario666 said:

Why didn't anyone buy this game? Because of you (the people who didn't buy the game reading this) the franchise will die for us veteran fans! You're what's to blame for having FE Switch be waifu emblem 3! 

Look man I know you don't like Awakening and fates, but here is the way I look at it, and hopefully my perspective can help you have more hope for the series.

IS loves the long time fans, it's as simple as that! Awakening was a mix of every fire emblem made before it, it was meant for the fans, and to cater to all genres at the same time. With all the feedback they got, they decided in the next game to make a conquest route for us. They used the classic emblem classes and had the no-grinding carefully crafted maps of conquest.

Just look at the attention to detail in the map design of this game, every unit was carefully placed to make this game a puzzle of positioning, and it's so fun that I've done multiple run through s of the game on lunatic (some say im a masochist). It was made for us, and the story was also designed for us making us the "bad guy".  Sure the story fell flat but it was an attempt. Also as a fun fact I'll have you know that the developement team was actually split in two groups on this whole project, one group trying to limit fan service, and the other trying push through the roof. This is mainly because they hired so many more people for the game given its size.

The echoes was for us too! Since so little of the team that they had since the release of Gaiden was left in IS, this game was made by fans, for the fans. Even without Echoes you have heroes which is a celebration of all things fire emblem!

What I hope you get from this is that IS really cares about the long time fans of the series, and tries to please them and appeal to the bigger crowd which saved the series from death. I'm a veteran of the series, but I have hope for the series, and still have found enjoyment in the newer games even with the changes. 

FE switch will make an attempt to please the fans, and I can't wait to see what it has to offer.

Edited by JimmyBeans

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

bait.jpg.f56ee3c71f6ed05a3bbf4a2d7afd2989.jpg

This has been getting a lot of use around here lately.

Anyway, the game sold to expectations. What do you want? Is it somehow upsetting that it didn't sell more than Fates/Awakening?

Edited by Slumber

its almost hard to watch.....

Are you practically going to troll around like that? 

Sure even I have concerns about stuff like how Warriors and Echoes aren't selling well but I wouldn't bash at people for not supporting those games because they ARE supporting them. Otherwise, they would have done horribly.

What you need to ask to us instead is, can Fire Emblem ever become a million seller? And the short answer is maybe but the long answer..idk.

Really that's all there is to it. Warriors for the life of me lacked the marketing that Awakening and Fates had and its for that reason that I'm worried on how it will perform because this is one of the few FE spin offs we have had for a long time.

And Echoes...oh don't get me started. A game that before release had a lot of praise and bashing for some reason due to the fact that it is based on the blacksheep of the series which I still don't get why but whatever...

And then there's the lack of marketing...again. Why? And all Nintendo said that "Its a popular title". That's it which is very worrying.

6 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Oh its you again. 

This.

And for my official contribution to this board, watch this PSA for your own health and consideration, OP:

Spoiler

And this goes out to anyone else inclined to make a thread about "durr durr, why didn't this sell so much", especially if you're gonna pull that blaming shit.

All I can ask is this: what do people like you hope to accomplish with obvious flamebait threads like this?

If you're doing this for attention, what makes you so desperate for it that you don't care if the rest of the community hates you for it?

If you're doing this because you think it's funny, then I must regrettably inform you that not many people appreciate it and that you should try to find better ways to amuse yourself.

8 hours ago, Lucario666 said:

Why didn't anyone buy this game? Because of you (the people who didn't buy the game reading this) the franchise will die for us veteran fans! You're what's to blame for having FE Switch be waifu emblem 3! 

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I didn't buy Echoes is because:

1. It's an IS remake, and I got burned with Shadow Dragon.
  2. It's Gaiden.

As for being blamed for FE Switch being Waifu Emblem 3, I can only share a portion of the blame, as I didn't buy Fates either.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

It's pretty ironic that a lot of people are posting image-only replies to a troll thread, since they're both code of conduct violations I believe (the former counting as spam).