October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

it's a bit too curved to be a broom in different parts on the tip. even if it is a broom it'll still be staff type weapon

A broom would be a lance probably, and it doesn't look like a staff either.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

A broom would be a lance probably, and it doesn't look like a staff either.

i understand if a carrot is a lance, but a broom as a lance? no. and please don't use the log as a lance logic from awakening on me. the tip isn't pointy enough. it looks more like a blunt object. you know, it could be a axe. blunt objects in this game are put into the axe category. but i'm on team staff on this one. it looks like it could be something like a birthright staff

i understand if a carrot is a lance, but a broom as a lance? no. and please don't use the log as a lance logic from awakening on me. the tip isn't pointy enough. it looks more like a blunt object. you know, it could be a axe. blunt objects in this game are put into the axe category. but i'm on team staff on this one. it looks like it could be something like a birthright staff

A broom would be way too big to be a staff. And how about USING THE OTHER END OF THE BROOM  as the tip?

To be fair, there was a broom that is a joke lance in Fates.

To quote the description: "Ddg+10. Don't think of it as a broom. It is a spear with a thousand tiny points."

Actually now that I think of it, we haven't had a seasonal sword weapon- is this the time to have a joke sword weapon?

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

A broom would be way too big to be a staff. And how about USING THE OTHER END OF THE BROOM  as the tip?

a little kid using a huge ass broom as a lance. unnlikely

I am going to be a wild card with this one and say that the right guy is Ephraim. His hair might be a bit scruffier in his standard variation, but as a vampire (hunter), he might have made some slight modifictions. Also, I cannot even remotely see scrawny Henry in that silhouette as armor and don't want to see another Leo, even if that hair does resemble his style the most.

The left gal, besides most likely being a young, slender and short gal à la Elise, Sakura, Nino, etc., cannot be reliably determined due to that hat and wide clothing covering up her hair. Same with Leo, Elise would make sense, but I don't want another one of her right now. Judging by the silhouette, I don't think her hair is overly long, so I'll just vaguely guess Sakura, because give Hoshido some love.

At least this silhouette isn't as obvious as the Shigure one, so that's nice, but it would all be for naught with another Leo/Elise/Corrin/etc.

Let the waiting game begin!

Hm....not quite sure what to make of this. The one on the left's collar certainly looks like Leo's. But the hair also looks almost like Marth's...then again both of them have the same sort of haircut style going on... It'd be pretty cool to get a Marth though. I'm actually pretty grateful for a seasonal banner. This means I can save some more orbs, I'm finally back up to 43. In a few weeks, maybe I'll be back to 100.

34 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Yet she would use it as a staff?

i'm saying that it doesn't make sense as a lance. i'd be on the same page with you if the lance's tip is where the broom's hair is, but it isn't. the spear's tip which you claim is on the other side of the pole, makes it extremely impractical as a weapon due to the weight on the bottom of the pole being much greater than the pole itself. as a staff you'd just wave the broom at a ally or opponent. but with a lance she'd have trouble even trying to hit opponent's with the spear's tip due to the weight of the broom's hair working against you

the broom's hair is a decoration for the staff. the same way birthright's staves had paper talismans attached to them

Edited by silveraura25

I know a lot of people of doesn’t want it to be the Nohr royals again, but it would make the most sense, particularly Leo. Honestly, it would be weird not to include him in a Halloween banner, considering from what I’ve heard he was designed with a vampire in mind, and his love for tomatoes is meant to be a vampire joke as well. And he does seem to have a “horror” theme going for him, in Birthright, you face him in a graveyard inside a haunted forest, and in the DLC where the royal siblings face each other, he always starts in the graveyard area. So Leo would be very fitting for a Halloween banner.

But the girl, I’m pretty it’s not Elise considering she lacks Elise’s twintails, but she’s also to small to be Sakura...maybe Young Tiki?

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I know a lot of people of doesn’t want it to be the Nohr royals again, but it would make the most sense, particularly Leo. Honestly, it would be weird not to include him in a Halloween banner, considering from what I’ve heard he was designed with a vampire in mind, and his love for tomatoes is meant to be a vampire joke as well. And he does seem to have a “horror” theme going for him, in Birthright, you face him in a graveyard inside a haunted forest, and in the DLC where the royal siblings face each other, he always starts in the graveyard area. So Leo would be very fitting for a Halloween banner.

But the girl, I’m pretty it’s not Elise considering she lacks Elise’s twintails, but she’s also to small to be Sakura...maybe Young Tiki?

i'd say that it's Henry due to the feathers, but it could be someone else with clothing that is composed of feathers. i'm not fond of the idea of Leo being in this banner cause he already had his chance with the nohrian summer banner

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Then they shouldn't have put him in the stupid summer banner. There's plenty other characters that could make sense for this banner (like Henry). Other people deserve attention too, and really you can make literally any character fit into the Halloween theme if you try hard enough. It's a question of fanservice. Though at this point I am thinking some dev peeps are just really into the Nohrians and hiding behind the "they are more popular" excuse, when we all know the Hoshidans aren't unpopular by any means, and Leo's direct counterpart tops him in the polls most of the time. At 3/0 for Nohr, it can't be justified as fanservice, only intentional overpandering.

Edited by Nanima

21 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Then they shouldn't have put him in the stupid summer banner. There's plenty other characters that could make sense for this banner (like Henry). Other people deserve attention too, and really you can make literally any character fit into the Halloween theme if you try hard enough. It's a question of fanservice. Though at this point I am thinking some dev peeps are just really into the Nohrians and hiding behind the "they are more popular" excuse, when we all know the Hoshidans aren't unpopular by any means, and Leo's direct counterpart tops him in the polls most of the time. At 3/0 for Nohr, it can't be justified as fanservice, only intentional overpandering.

i'd say enough with characters from Awakening and Fates getting featured as special heroes or even having new heroes from those games. there's already a lack of heroes from most games despite there already being a massive amount of characters from Awakening and Fates. IMO they should feature more heroes from the Judgral and Tellius games as well as Sacred Stones. maybe even the Elibe ones. but in the end it doesn't matter, because what people want is fanservice

at least there's a L'archel banner on the horizon according to Favaro from September

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

i'd say enough with characters from Awakening and Fates getting featured as special heroes or even having new heroes from those games. there's already a lack of heroes from most games despite there already being a massive amount of characters from Awakening and Fates. IMO they should feature more heroes from the Judgral and Tellius games as well as Sacred Stones. maybe even the Elibe ones. but in the end it doesn't matter, because what people want is fanservice

at least there's a L'archel banner on the horizon according to Favaro from September

Again, make that Conquest. Hoshido has gotten zero special heroes. It's not Fates getting pandered to. Only one of three games. (unless you count Azura and Shigure for Revelations. And even then, their outfits were Nohrian inspired.)
I understand wanting older banner and characters featured more, heck I am really hoping we'll get some Laguz and Micaiah in the game soon. But acting like this is "Fates" pandering is ridiculous. It's only an incredibly small group of over-hyped 3 DS characters getting shilled to the exclusion of all else.

Edited by Nanima

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Again, make that Conquest. Hoshido has gotten zero special heroes. It's not Fates getting pandered to. Only one of three games.
I understand wanting older banner and characters featured more, heck I am really hoping we'll get some Laguz and Micaiah in the game soon. But acting like this is "Fates" pandering is ridiculous. It's only an incredibly small group of over-hyped 3 DS characters getting shilled to the exclusion of all else.

should have used conquest for fates special units when i ranted to avoid misunderstanding. the thing is that i treat conquest as fates. the same way I refer PoR and RD as Telius games

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Are there any really popular Echoes characters? Maybe that could be a witch Delthea?

Mummy Tobin/Clive? Or Forsyth since he's a Knight (although I don't think the latter two are that popular)

Delthea is technically a witch in Heroes. She has Dark Aura. Sonya has Dark Excalibur. They have those weapons because in Gaiden you initially encountered them as witches. One of the reasons why I like them in Heroes. It's those small details that make interesting initial kits.

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Delthea is technically a witch in Heroes. She has Dark Aura. Sonya has Dark Excalibur. They have those weapons because in Gaiden you initially encountered them as witches

Yeah that's why it's actually ironically appropriate because of the Tatara map.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Yeah that's why it's actually ironically appropriate because of the Tatara map.

tho that too. at first i had trouble with the flood gate map and decided to use celica's army for a bit. it was then that i realized that you can't cast spells if you don't have enough HP. i just used royal sword's subdue art and then it was much easier

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

tho that too. at first i had trouble with the flood gate map and decided to use celica's army for a bit. it was then that i realized that you can't cast spells if you don't have enough HP. i just used royal sword's subdue art and then it was much easier

Yeah I just tanked Delthea with Silque until she couldn't cast anymore magic

Oh gosh what if they have witch Faye. As an actual cleric like she could be in Echoes. I guess that obsession is scary enough for Halloween?

OH COME FREAKING ON I AM BROKE, NEED TO SAVE MONEY FOR POKEMON US/UM, AND DON'T HAVE THAT MANY ORBS SAVED UP TO BEGIN WITH.

I swear to god if there is a character I would splurge for in this banner, I will RAGE...

Edited by Xenomata

46 minutes ago, Okigen said:

I don't care if this is another lop-sided Nohr banner. I haven't got any Leo yet.

That's what a normal banner is for, like what is currently going around with the pegs. You don't need to have the Nohrians greedily hog all the special banners for that.

I just selfishly want Leo on the banner so I can be one unit closer to Leo emblem. Or Pirate Xander or even Pirate Anna (I want a pirate). But I really hope it's something like the bride banner where we had 1 Fates, 1 Awakening and 2 non-3ds characters. Also hoping for a scythe weapon because those are cool

Edited by Kiran

I honestly hope that we won't be getting a third seasonal Xander. That would be just stupid. Hell, I hope there won't even be any Nohrian royals, because they have gotten way too much attention as is. Seriously, the Nohr royals have gotten so much merchandise, special CGs (in fates) and alternate seasonal outfits (both in Cipher and Heroes) that it's not even funny.

17 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That's what a normal banner is for, like what is currently going around with the pegs. You don't need to have the Nohrians greedily hog all the special banners for that.

Well, despite my best effort in pulling in those 'regular' banners, somehow Leo never came :s Not even have him when I was fighting for him in his Voting Gaunlets.

So I will selfishly pray for Leo to come back to me.