October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised, all the mage fliers have been Dragon-related

Camilla is a Malig Knight, riding that wyvern and has Dragon blood to activate Dragon Veins

Corrin one ups Camilla by being an actual dragon riding a dragon

and Nowi is an actual 1000-year old dragon. (Okay I have to admit Eternal Witch kind of works for her theme even if I don't agree with her costume choice...at least the larger cape means she wears more clothing percentage, technically?)

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh also, does Jakob count as a Nohrian in this banner? I mean, he isn't exclusive to either route, so I wonder what the general opinion is...?

Yeah, he isn't a Conquest-exclusive but he is still a Nohrian so I say that he counts based on that.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, he isn't a Conquest-exclusive but he is still a Nohrian so I say that he counts based on that.

i find it odd that he's on birthright's boxart along with felicia when they could've just split them to fit with their opposite gender lord

jakob has a ball and chain attached to his left leg. armored archer proof

Edited by silveraura25

I wish I was a blue whale. I want Sakura's dagger on almost all my dagger users... Especially on Olivia, Felicia and Kagero. The +3 extra might is great for +ATK Kagero. Also Nowi's ATK/RES bond is fabulous too. I want it on all my anti-magic users.

If they ever release ATK/SPD Bond, say good bye to LAD!

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

But he is Birthright-related if we go by the box art and how M!Corrin is Hoshido related if you look at it from another perspective

but yeah they should have probably done Takumi as a bow armour though. Jakob is weird, and maybe they could do a zombie Takumi or something but i guess it's not fun if they are the same weapon as the vanilla unit?

49 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

it's official. armored green mage henry. might not be armored but he does have armored march

Seems blue to me? 

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Well... time for a third chance at a flying mage. Shame her art is kinda eh, but at this point, I'm pretty okay with anything, assuming her stats are okay. [...]

But her sprite is much better than those of the other flying mages. I found those wyverns always a bit out of place. 

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

But he is Birthright-related if we go by the box art and how M!Corrin is Hoshido related if you look at it from another perspective

but yeah they should have probably done Takumi as a bow armour though. Jakob is weird, and maybe they could do a zombie Takumi or something but i guess it's not fun if they are the same weapon as the vanilla unit?

last time they did that we got a very trashy leo. at least normal leo is decent

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Seems blue to me? 

But her sprite is much better than those of the other flying mages. I found those wyverns always a bit out of place. 

I don't actually remember what color he is from the video, now that I think about it. At least he's definitely not red or colorless, so he can be more safely sniped for.

I would love to compare them... if I hAD ANY OF THEM

I also just don't remember what their sprites look like, so I'll take your word for it. It is cute that they're actually giving her something that isn't a wyvern, dragon, or pegasus, though. But in terms of artwork... I'm not a huge fan of any of the tome fliers' art really, but Nowi's is definitely my least favorite so far.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't actually remember what color he is from the video, now that I think about it. At least he's definitely not red or colorless, so he can be more safely sniped for.

He is definitely green. Aside from his weapon icon being green, he's fighting a lance fighter in the video and has WTA over them. 

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I would love to compare them... if I hAD ANY OF THEM

I also just don't remember what their sprites look like, so I'll take your word for it. It is cute that they're actually giving her something that isn't a wyvern, dragon, or pegasus, though. But in terms of artwork... I'm not a huge fan of any of the tome fliers' art really, but Nowi's is definitely my least favorite so far.

Henry is Green.

Am I the only one who likes Nowi's art? Man, my bias is really showing if that's the case...

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

He is definitely green. Aside from his weapon icon being green, he's fighting a lance fighter in the video and has WTA over them. 

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Henry is Green.

Am I the only one who likes Nowi's art? Man, my bias is really showing if that's the case...

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Her attacking art looks fine I suppose, but something about her face in her default art just looks really off to me. Although I had the same issue with Summer Corrin's art, so maybe I have an unconscious bias against the faces in the default art of tome fliers?

Phew... I'm actually kind of relieved. This banner looks good, but thank goodness, I'm not super tempted by it since it doesn't have any of my favorite characters. Now for my thoughts:

Spoiler

Sakura looks adorable. While she's probably tied for my least favorite Fates royal, her art here is definitely my favorite. Kitty Paddle seems like it could be insanely useful. Poison Dagger but you can use it against those pesky horse mages. I wonder if she'd make a good Reinhardt counter... It will all depend on her stats. I'm sure she has passable RES considering she comes with Glacies. She might even like having Cancel Affinity to be especially lethal. If she doesn't have passable stats, I suppose it's something you could always slap on Kagero. Dagger Valor is nice...but it seems pretty niche. IDK how much people actually use them. i run Matthew occasionally, but that's it. Too bad she shares her color with another focus unit. XD

For Jakob... Seems pretty cool. He's the only armored archer so naturally he's going to be the best of his kind. lol Since he comes with Wary Fighter, he's gonna' be slow...I wonder if he's going to be a heavy hitter or like...just have buckets and buckets of DEF that makes him annoying to kill. I like his art well enough. There's nothing amazing about it, but it's not bad either. His line about monsters not being half as ghastly as people made me think, "Same." 

Henry!! I'm happy to see him! ^^ Too bad I just can't stand his voice actor. I like the Plegian touch on his sash though. Armored Mage is gonna' be super cool. I just hope that he has decent stats. It kind of sucks that he shares a color with Amelia and Hector. Since he comes with Armor March, he's likely supposed to replace Amelia on an armor team, but I really like running her since she's crazy stupid fast. And I'm biased because I love her. I hope his stats finally do him justice. ...I wonder if this means we'll get a seasonal Odin/Owain with decent stats.... 

Aaaaaand Nowi. .....her art though. It's cute, but she looks...unfinished. The muted colors bother me. I don't hate it, but I think it's my least favorite out of everyone. I have finally decided though that the requirement for being a mage flier is that you can't be wearing very much clothing. Camilla, Corrin, and Nowi are all wearing just enough to be passable. XD That being said, she might be the most useful unit on the banner. Hone Fliers and a red flier. As nice as armored variety is, I still feel like Armor Emblem is going to be very difficult to run because of the movement limitations. It'll just be easier with ranged armors. Flier Emblem still seems much more doable. Still, she's not cute enough to tempt me. I guess I'll just have to hope ANOTHER unit gets Hone Fliers eventually.....

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because he didn't kill enough pity rates with his normal Colorless version.

I think regular Jakob cucking limited Jakob could be some next level shit. 

At least Dagger Valour would be good for training dagger units, because unless you're Kagero (which I don't have), SP grinding daggers isn't exactly fun.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Because he didn't kill enough pity rates with his normal Colorless version.

And now we know he is in the Halloween banner, because his presence screams horror when you venture into colorless hell.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I have been confused by the attacking animation. The ghosts are green, but that "magic circle", rotating thing is blue. 

Ah, that makes sense. That is kinda confusing, watching the video again.

22 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Sakura looks adorable. While she's probably tied for my least favorite Fates royal

*sees "Sakura"* *sees "least favorite Fates royal"* Does not compute. *brain explodes*

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She's my favourite of the royals...

Yeah, I really like her too. She's definitely my favorite out of the Hoshido royals and also the only one I give the remotest crap about. While Leo is number one with me if that wasn't already obvious, Sakura is about the same with me as Elise (2nd favorite royal) is. So at worst, Sakura is my third most favorite royal.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

full.png

She's my favourite of the royals...

Sorry. ^^; To be fair, she may be my favorite girl in Birthright. My Corrin married her.  That was an awkward marriage.... I'm just not a huge fan of painfully shy characters...or painfully shy people in real life for that matter. And I consider myself shy. XD 90% of the girls I have to teach are so shy that they literally huddle in a corner like penguins when we do activities. And when I gently encourage them to participate, they cry. So many tears.... I've started making a list of triggers: presentations (understandable), marshmallows, the word "hello," my existing on the same physical plane, playing any sort of games that involve interacting with human-being outside of the normal "clique...." Tests are okay. They like tests. 

*shudders* 

Just realized something ... why is Nowi's tome locked to her, and why is it the only one that is? ;/ EDIT: And why did she get the CYL-esque treatment, she has three skills by default. Are they going to do this for every new banner now?

Edited by Sunwoo