What characters do you like to see in the Thanksgiving Banner?

King Marth 64

Since the next major Holiday coming after Halloween is Thanksgiving. Which characters do you like to see for the Thanksgiving Banner? I do like to see something dress up as Pilgrims and Indians with Turkeys, Corn, Cranberries, Sweet Potatoes/Regular Potatoes, Cornucopia, and much more since during at the May Flower came in America that there were Pilgrims, Villagers, and Indians. Here's my idea of the Thanksgiving Banner idea, but if it has to be the characters from the Nintendo 3DS games or add two like the Bride Banner, I do wanted to see some characters from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia instead of using the previous two Nintendo 3DS games except for the ones that didn't appeared in Heroes like Charolette and Shigure since that game managed to beat the sales for the Top 10 Nintendo 3DS best selling games in North America and it managed to get above Pokemon Sun and Moon. But some of the characters that I picked are:

• Alm or Ike dressed up as a Pilgrim with a Pitchfork.
  • Celica or Est dressed up as a Indian Girl (like the Indian Chief's daughter) with a Bow since Indians usually use Bows.
  • Tobin or Silas dressed up as an Indian with a horse riding on and use a Sword.
  • Clair or Mist dressed up as a Pilgrim Girl with a Dagger?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is world outside America. There is no Thanksgiving outside America.

Thanksgiving banner will not and should not happen.

Actually, I did checked in Google, but Japan does have a similar Thanksgiving which it's called "Labor Thanksgiving Day". But, I am not entire sure about the Labor part was added for? I just found that out today; I am not entirely too sure about Europe, Australia, and even the others as well? 

Edited by King Marth 64

Since Thanksgiving is based on something that happened in the US, that's why only the US has it. Canada has it too, but theirs takes place in October. Today, the 26th, in fact.

There will not be one for Thanksgiving, it is not a thing anywhere but North America.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Since Thanksgiving is based on something that happened in the US, that's why only the US has it. Canada has it too, but theirs takes place in October. Today, the 26th, in fact.

There will not be one for Thanksgiving, it is not a thing anywhere but North America.

Did you read my reply to Vaximillian?

Edit: I'll might try to look for other countries at Google and see if they celebrate Thanksgiving or related holiday like Japan.

2nd Edit: I managed to found some of the others that are Germany, Grenada, Liberia , the Netherlands, and Norfolk Islands.

Edited by King Marth 64

Hmm, I don't think Thanksgiving is a big enough deal to get its own banner.  (Also, my country already celebrated Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago... Hehe.)

Ah, well, nice that you got your creative juices flowing anyway!  I'm not very good at thinking up costume ideas.  :P:

---

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Canada has it too, but theirs takes place in October. Today, the 26th, in fact.

You're right about Canada's being in October, but it was on the 9th (second Monday of October). :): 

Edited by Infinite Dreams

...I actually thought up a hypothetical Thanksgiving set in a brainstorm for Miiverse content once, going with Hoshidan characters (in order to contrast Nohrian Summer), although I also explicitly stated it as being hypothetical since I highly doubt there's actually going to be a Thanksgiving banner (too North American-focused, and the timeframe in Canada's already come and gone).  That said, since Miiverse'll be kaput soon, here's what I brainstormed for it (keep in mind, I don't think we're going to get a Thanksgiving banner, this was just my brainstorm)...

• Ryoma:  Dagger-wielder, Wishbone for weapon.  I'd probably make him a Dagger Flier...
  • Sakura:  Axe-wielder, Turkey Leg for weapon.  Axe Fighter is what I'd probably go with her...
  • Hinoka:  Red tome-wielder, Cranberry Tome for weapon.  Probably as a Red Mage...
  • Male Corrin:  Green tome-wielder, Stuffing Tome for weapon.  I'd probably go for Green Cavalier...

...Yeah, kind of lame, I know, but sometimes a man's just gotta put his ideas down...

I don't think Thanksgiving, or any over Japanese equivalent to it for that matter, would be significant enough to justify a seasonal banner for them. Here in America the holiday is actually rather lackluster from a commercial standpoint, especially compared Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and Valentines Day. So I'm 99.9% sure it'll never happen, but I guess I'm all in for being surprised?

Whats thanksgiving again?

That would be like having an Australia Day banner, its not happening especially since the Halloween (another celebration I don't care for) banner will have November on Lockdown

I live in Canada and our Thanksgiving was weeks ago, I want to say back on the 9th of October. And here it isn't that much of a big deal when compared to the U.S.A. Feels more like an excuse to have a long weekend in October; like Family Day in February.

I'd rather have two new banners with permanent characters in that month. Thanksgiving seems a little unnecessary for a seasonal banner for reasons stated above, and also I don't really want one. Seasonals is ALL about the fanservice, and I don't know if Thanksgiving would comply with that aspect well anyways.

Is there going to be a banner for that? I expect the Halloween banner to last all of November and then we'll go for the Christmas banner unless IS reverts to the 2 week limited banners which I find unlikely. Also I'm wondering what are they going to do in January with the New Year banner. That one's going to be interesting More powercreep for all.

There might be a Thanksgiving in Canada but it is not in the slightest a major holiday, at the very least around my parts.

I don't know of anyone that has ever celebrated it. It's just a day off akin to Labor Day.

Edited by Vince777

42 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Is there going to be a banner for that? I expect the Halloween banner to last all of November and then we'll go for the Christmas banner unless IS reverts to the 2 week limited banners which I find unlikely. Also I'm wondering what are they going to do in January with the New Year banner. That one's going to be interesting More powercreep for all.

Both the Easter and Halloween banners are timed so that their characters are Arena bonus units during the holiday itself. Because of that, a Christmas banner is almost certainly going to start mid- or late-December and not immediately after the Halloween banner ends.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Did you read my reply to Vaximillian?

Edit: I'll might try to look for other countries at Google and see if they celebrate Thanksgiving or related holiday like Japan.

2nd Edit: I managed to found some of the others that are Germany, Grenada, Liberia , the Netherlands, and Norfolk Islands.

Eh, don't know about the others, but I live I the Netherlands and I can assure you we don't celebrate Thanksgiving

I am fine with any character, but I do prefer more Lucinas. I want HFGW Lucina, giving adjacent Lucinas 6/6/6/6 bonuses at the start of the turn and Lucinas within two spaces 4/4/4/4. If not HFGW Lucina, then a regular Hone Lucina is fine too. Xander and Lyn would also be nice to implement full Xander and Lyn Emblem. I would not mind Legion either.

Edited by XRay

The kind of "Thanksgiving" we "celebrate" here in Germany is very different from America. It's mostly a church holiday, and almost no one even cares about (unless you are very religious, which not many are in Germany). Japan is similar, or have you ever seen an Anime were characters celebrate Thanksgiving American style? Just because we have some minor holidays with a similar name, doesn't mean the entire world gathers around a turkey to celebrate it like the pilgrims. America is very much alone in the importance it places on the holiday and the specific traditions it associates with it.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

The kind of "Thanksgiving" we "celebrate" here in Germany is very different from America. It's mostly a church holiday, and almost no one even cares about (unless you are very religious, which not many are in Germany). Japan is similar, or have you ever seen an Anime were characters celebrate Thanksgiving American style? Just because we have some minor holidays with a similar name, doesn't mean the entire world gathers around a turkey to celebrate it like the pilgrims. America is very much alone in the importance it places on the holiday and the specific traditions it associates with it.

I can only echo that. Erntedankfest is very religious and not all that big. Heck I completely missed it this year