What characters do you like to see in the Thanksgiving Banner?

King Marth 64

Even if there was a Thanksgiving banner (which I don't like the idea of), I don't think it's a good idea to dress up characters in stereotypes. Some cooking outfits or food costumes would be better.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope nope, not gonna happen.

There has been at least 4-6 weeks between most seasonal banners. That is too many seasonal banners in a 3 month period, even ignoring how Halloween is going to immediately replace Performing Arts.

1. There’s been a lot of seasonal banners lately since the recent ones have been a month long each and have been run back-to-back. (2 swimsuit banners and the Performing Arts followed by the Halloween banner) Ayra being put into a banner with 2 old Focus units for her debut banner does not help matters in the amount of banners being run in the game, especially with what her banner implied.

2. Thanksgiving in the 4th Thursday of November is significant only to those living in the USA. Other countries may have their own Thanksgiving days in different times of the year. FEH is a Japanese game and tends to time events with Japanese traditions (or huge commercial events like Golden Week or Christmas.

3. Thanksgiving typically doesn’t lend itself to fanservice unlike Easter, summer vacation, and Christmas.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

Peri in a cook hat.  Given the sheer amount of effort that's needed to pull off a Thanksgiving feast, that would be the most appropriate.

Hey, I would pull for that.

And yeah, I doubt Thanksgiving would be a thing. I bet Animal Crossing Pocket Camp would have Thanksgiving stuff since they do that in the real games, but I don't think so for this one. 

Pretty clear that the Halloween banner will likely run all November long instead, with Christmas right after. 

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Both the Easter and Halloween banners are timed so that their characters are Arena bonus units during the holiday itself. Because of that, a Christmas banner is almost certainly going to start mid- or late-December and not immediately after the Halloween banner ends.

The end-of-December banner will almost definitely start after Christmas is already over. It's possible that they'll change up the schedule and have both November banners be regular banners with the mid-December banner being the next seasonal one, but so far they've been consistent about having seasonal banners at the beginning of the month. And it's common for people to start getting into the Christmas spirit even at the beginning of December.

I'm not going to say it's definite, but I do think the odds are very much in favor of the Christmas banner directly following the Halloween one.

Not going to happen, the US is the only country to have that type of holiday in November.  Plus it is not a holiday that would have fun money making costumes like other holidays.  Could I see them doing something like the PA banner, sure but not a Thanksgiving banner.

Edited by EricaofRenais

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The end-of-December banner will almost definitely start after Christmas is already over. It's possible that they'll change up the schedule and have both November banners be regular banners with the mid-December banner being the next seasonal one, but so far they've been consistent about having seasonal banners at the beginning of the month. And it's common for people to start getting into the Christmas spirit even at the beginning of December.

I'm not going to say it's definite, but I do think the odds are very much in favor of the Christmas banner directly following the Halloween one.

As long as they can keep seasonal banners for no more than 28 days for the rest of the year, everything works out with the Christmas banner starting on Christmas day.

• The Halloween bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of October 30 and November 6.
  • The next new character bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of November 13 and November 20.
  • The next seasonal bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of November 27 and December 4.
  • The next next new character bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of December 11 and December 18.
  • The Christmas bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of December 25 and January 1.

The problem with that, of course, is the fact that Japan puts more importance on Christmas Eve.

If the Halloween banner goes longer than 28 days, they'll need to extend one bonus hero set by a season, like they did previously. To put the Christmas banner to land in the right place, they'll need to put two back-to-back new character banners in after the Halloween banner.

• The Halloween bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of October 30, November 6, and November 13.
  • The next new character bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of November 20 and November 27.
  • The next next new character bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of December 4 and December 11.
  • The Christmas bonus hero seasons will be the weeks of December 18 and December 25.
  • This leaves enough time for a New Year's bonus hero banner running concurrently with the Christmas banner and ruining my finances.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Peri in a cook hat.  Given the sheer amount of effort that's needed to pull off a Thanksgiving feast, that would be the most appropriate.

@eclipse You really want this to happen, don't you?

A Thanksgiving banner probably won't happen because it would make sense that a Halloween and Christmas banner would be it for 2017.  I'll play devil's advocate here and say they could.  Why not?  A third of their userbase in the U.S., and Thanksgiving is a universally known holiday.  Do you guys really think nobody would whale for a Sacaean character serving turkey and pumpkin pie to Frederick/some other vaguely British-looking character?

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

A Thanksgiving banner probably won't happen because it would make sense that a Halloween and Christmas banner would be it for 2017.  I'll play devil's advocate here and say they could.  Why not?  A third of their userbase in the U.S., and Thanksgiving is a universally known holiday.  Do you guys really think nobody would whale for a Sacaean character serving turkey and pumpkin pie to Frederick/some other vaguely British-looking character?

I know of it, and that's it. Not sure about 'universally known'.

As an American living abroad, I can say that Thanksgiving is not universally known at least where I am. XD I have to teach classes about Thanksgiving to both adults and children alike. And many of the other non-American foreigners in the area don't know much about it. Even fall is difficult to make into a banner. In the US, I'm used to pumpkin spice everything, Uggs,  and Basic White Girl jokes. That's not really a thing where I am. The fall flavors are like...sweet potato and chestnut. (Not that I'm complaining. It's delicious.) Colors are the same, but unlike spring, fall doesn't really have any cutesy animals/motifs to tie into a costume. ...unless we get like...costumes of characters as leaves. I suppose we could get characters in sweaters since it's a clothing theme like summer...but somehow I doubt a fully covered Camilla would sell as well as one in a bunny, swimsuit, sexy witch, etc. costume.

If anything, it kind of makes sense to have a New Years banner. Japanese New Years is way different from the American one, but they treat it more like other parts of the world treat Christmas.

That being said, if there WAS a fall-themed banner, I'd kill for Marth in leggings, an oversized t-shirt, puffy vest, and Uggs. He can glamorously toss whatever the Anna-version of Starbucks (because you know she'd jump at the opportunity to sell over-priced coffee) is at unsuspecting victims who are distracted by his legs. Sure, it's not pantsless Marth, but it's close. Leggings technically aren't pants.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

...unless we get like...costumes of characters as leaves.

We already have a leaf as a character in Fire Emblem.

Edited by Vaximillian

22 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

There is world outside America. There is no Thanksgiving outside America.

Thanksgiving banner will not and should not happen.

*cough* Canada exists *cough* We have thanksgiving in early October I swear sometimes I feel like people just like to ignore Canada we make up NA as well.

Edited by BlazingMage

17 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

*cough* Canada exists *cough* We have thanksgiving in early October I swear sometimes I feel like people just like to ignore Canada we make up NA as well.

As far as I checked, Canada is still in America, and the US don’t equal America.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As far as I checked, Canada is still in America, and the US don’t equal America.

But US and Canada make up the entirety of NA, to say that there is no Thanksgiving outside of America is ridiculous. 

Edited by BlazingMage

I really doubt we will get a banner for that. It’s just not a big enough holiday for the world. I’m a little shocked we got a Halloween one to be honest.

But if we get it, not sure. I’ll take anyone. I’m not picky with who we get, as long as it’s fun.

Thanksgiving banner specifically is unlikely, but a Harvest Festival-esque banner wouldn't be too far out of the spectrum.  Obviously it's been part of DLCs already.  However, given the fact that it's already late October, and the Halloween banner will likely go through most of November, I don't think they'll pull out another seasonal banner in the meantime.  Christmas is too big of a holiday for them to not spend all of December promoting in Heroes, IMO.  Thinking about ideas for a Fall Harvest banner would be really fun, though! Maybe they'll do it next year?

9 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Not going to happen, the US is the only country to have that type of holiday in November.  Plus it is not a holiday that would have fun money making costumes like other holidays.  Could I see them doing something like the PA banner, sure but not a Thanksgiving banner.

Plus the pilgrim outfits would be horrible. The only thing that would be worth orbs

Spoiler

if they dressed Rinea up as a young girl from Salem that's going to be burnt at the stake for witchcraft.