Hey!  First of all, new here, and second of all, I'm thinking of a Shigure(or Kana) with both Better Odds and Even Better(maybe Renewal as well) so he can be extremely hard to beat on the battlefield.

To start off, you will need to buy either Even Better or Better Odds off a Shigure/Kana from a previous game or from Streetpass.  Since he and Kana are the only non-beastman(wolfskin/kitsune) characters that can become those classes, you have very few options to make this type of build by yourself.  Kana with these skills is more self-sufficient, due to her personal skill, though I prefer keeping a male avatar so for people like me, Shigure is the only option.  Either way, both characters need to have Keaton/Kaden as their parents, and Keaton/Kaden  need to already be Wolfssegner/Nine-Tails(respectively) at Lv. 5 or above, in order to pass down their healing skill.  After the kids gain both skills, they can either be a tanker, a badass DPS, a nuker, hatever you want them to be, really, as long as they can reliably survive the Enemy phases.

(Disclaimer: I am just a person that has many experimental ideas, none of which are really meant to be put into use in competitive play.  If any readers decide to use any of my ideas in competitive play, thank you for thinking my ideas are good enough for the competitive scene.  If you like these ideas, please let me know.)