Thoughts on Fire Emblem Switch.

I'd like to see something on it before I start speculation but I feel it'll keep the avatar system, but mostly change everything else, whenever FE jumps console it changes things up.

I wonder if they will keep things pretty similar to Awakening and Fates. I know they always changed things when FE switched consoles in the past, but I wonder if that was because they had not found success with their current formula so they switched it up to try something new to see if that would sell better. Now that they have found a successful formula with Awakening and Fates, they might want to keep things as they are instead of risking that success.

Speculations ? I like that. As you can guess, I'm a huge Binding Blade fan (just look at my pfp!) and I hope this game gets a remake soon enough. Now, I know it's very unlikely that FE Switch will be an FE 6 Remake... but I enjoy gathering some "piece of potential hints" that IS has left to us so far. Let me list them :

-  "No one should be able to unBIND that BLADE" from Jedah, Fire Emblem Echoes.

- The Heritors of Arcadia - From Echoes' OST. Arcadia obviously means utopia... but could it be a reference to the place where Humans and Dragons live in harmony in The Binding Blade ?

-  The Scions' Dance in Purgatory - From Echoes' OST. "Purgatory" = Scouring, right ? You know where I'm going with that (Ok, I admit this one is rather irrelevant)

-  In Fire Emblem Heroes, the very first Bound Hero Battle was Alm & Celica, to celebrate the recent worldwide release of Echoes and the new banners (if I recall correctly). And what was the second Bound Hero Battle ? Lilina & Cecilia. Lilina & Cecilia ! They could have gone with Marth & Shiida, Eliwood & Ninian / Lyn, Lucina & Chrom... So why would they use Binding Blade characters right off, when many other options were available ?

-  The 2 protagonist from Fire Emblem Warriors are named Rowan and Lianna, right. Am I the only one who their names are oddly close to Roy and Lilina's ? Then again, this might just be a coincidence. However, I can't help but pointing out EVERYTHING that could tease, in a way, a Binding Blade Remake.

I might have forgotten one thing or two, but... er... I'm probably overthinking over such stupid details. Hey, a man can dream !      

I fear this game it's going to be 3d heavy. The cancelled Wii game was the first attempt. The other ones are TMS, Fates (reduced to My Castle), SoV and FEW. 

We know from the devs that this game it's going to feature "beautiful graphics" and "breath life into the characters like never before".

Since every Nintendo dev it's obsessed over 3D features I expect this.

The only thing we can really speculate on as of now is if the leaks discussed in the other thread are true or false. I really wonder what direction they're going to take with this game, especially since their budget is bigger than ever- it's hard to imagine this game almost died with Awakening, and now it's one of Nintendo's heavy hitters and even has a very successful mobile game that brings in a steady cash flow.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:33 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't have any. We know nothing of the game asides from that it exist so its hard for me to feel anything concrete on the matter expect that they should really work on the story and villains this time around. 

We do have that "leak" posted here on the forums a little while back. 

It'd be nice if they could actually create a decent avatar because while it is hard to pull off, it's still possible. Hopefully, characters will have fixed relationships too (like Clair and Gray in SoV). They'll probably change up a lot of stuff though since they're moving consoles.