Favorite FE Lord?

Armagon

After some consideration, I say Sigurd. While he does have some notable failings, I feel they add to his humanity, and I get the feel that he's doing his absolute best to fix the situation despite things spiraling out of his control for every action he takes. It's also interesting having what is essentially a Jagen lord.

Second place would be Eirika, I find that she develops well over the course of the game even though she does make that major failing with the stone of Renais.

As time goes on, I may have to hand it to Leif. Instead of being a static personality, he changes through Thracia, makes mistakes, and learns from them. He's a realistic leader, and I think the FE5 light brand is probably my favorite weapon ever. Leif's Thracia design is also wonderful.

Very honorable mentions to Roy & Marth, who I really like just as much tbh. As I get older, however, I begin to appreciate Leif's nuances a bit more both from a story and gameplay perspective.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Leaf is the best lord by far even if he is a pretty bad unit. How I'd rank the lords would have to be: Leaf, Sigurd, Seliph, Hector, Alm, Eliwood, Celica, Lyn, Chrom, Roy, Lucina, Micaiah, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Corrin

On 10/30/2017 at 9:09 AM, Book Bro said:

Ike, no amount of criticism will change that. He is the most interesting and best written lord imo, which includes him in RD as imo that version of him shouldn't be seen as separate from his PoR self. Many people say he is too praised, strong, whatever in RD, but that is thanks to all he goes through and learns in PoR. 

Lyn is second, I love her story even if it's a short one. In it, she is a tragic but strong character and I find the whole thing about her dual heritage interesting and well done. 

After that I would rank them: Ike, Lyn, Micaiah, Leif, Ephraim, Celica, Roy, Hector, Seliph, Marth, Lucina, Sigurd, Alm, Eliwood, Eirika, Chrom, Corrin

Ike is the worst of the Gary Stu characters. Ephraim was more fun to use as a unit and Sigurd is better because of the story of Genealogy of the Holy War. 

On 10/29/2017 at 5:12 AM, Skylorella Con said:

Ike, without a doubt the best written character in Fe as a whole.

After Ike it's Eliwood, yes I know. The most unpopular opinion ever but I find him to be highly underrated. He's an amazing character if you ignore his horrible gameplay status.

Eliwood isn't even that bad gameplay wise. 

On 10/28/2017 at 2:07 PM, Ronnie said:

Lucina. Majestic, cute, strong, and she's got a tragic backstory. Her fighting style is cool too.

Lucina is extremely bland. Chrom is somewhat bland too but his dialogue is much better and the game makes him likable enough. Lucina is just a shitty Mary Sue character.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:26 PM, Icelerate said:

I'm going to have to go with Micaiah.

She actually feels like an underdog both as a unit and with the limited resources that she's given to work with. Generally speaking, I cheer for the underdog characters in a story. I enjoyed her commitment to protecting ordinary citizens of Daein and how it can turn her into a hero from zero and then later from a hero to zero. Also while many of Micaiah's actions have negative consequences, they don't feel like tacked on stupidity and can be rationalized. 

I don't hate Micaiah but she wasn't that great of a character really and Leaf did the underdog story better

2 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

Leaf is the best lord by far even if he is a pretty bad unit. How I'd rank the lords would have to be: Leaf, Sigurd, Seliph, Hector, Alm, Eliwood, Celica, Lyn, Chrom, Roy, Lucina, Micaiah, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Corrin

Ike is the worst of the Gary Stu characters. Ephraim was more fun to use as a unit and Sigurd is better because of the story of Genealogy of the Holy War. 

Eliwood isn't even that bad gameplay wise. 

Lucina is extremely bland. Chrom is somewhat bland too but his dialogue is much better and the game makes him likable enough. Lucina is just a shitty Mary Sue character.

I don't hate Micaiah but she wasn't that great of a character really and Leaf did the underdog story better

Dude, you do realize opinions are a thing? Yours are not fact.

4 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

I haven't played or watched FE5 but from what I read about him, that may very well be the case. I disagree with Micaiah being a bad character. 

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, you do realize opinions are a thing? Yours are not fact.

yes

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I haven't played or watched FE5 but from what I read about him, that may very well be the case. I disagree with Micaiah being a bad character. 

i don't think micaiah is a bad character, i just don't think she's that great

Marth, hands down. I think the Shadow Dragon localization was actually fabulous and goes a long way toward developing Marth's character. "Why do words of such conviction smack of such uncertainty? Not surely, Jagen. Assuredly." Glorious.

Hates to fight but determined to save and serve his people, struggles to keep everyone safe while faced with the hard reality that sometimes, you just can't (Hardin), maintains a hopeful, idealistic, upbeat demeanor in the face of great adversity, Marth is truly the Hero-King.

Edited by Solvaij