5 hours ago, Azz said:

-Remove third tiers. They are the main reason the DB are so bad. I mean, no unit past Part 1 appears as a tier 1 class. I really don't see how the game expected  DB to keep up.

-Fix character availability. Again, another reason some characters are just plain useless. Laguz Emancipation Army? Why bother when they come so late. Fiona? The same reason. Most of the CRK? Again the same.

-Make it so I don't need to play this long ass game multiple times to 100% it.

-Give the DB more chapters. If do keep the 3rd tiers, they need this especially.

-Make it so regular Laguz aren't completely worthless in the face of the royals.

• Well 1st Tier enemies do show up in Part 2. But the real reason the 3rd Tier exists is because it'd be weird to reset everyone from PoR to the 1st Tier when the Mad King's War clearly gave them experience. Really, just return the Master Crown promotion requirement, fix Haar, and or tone down those broken Mastery skills.
  • Fiona's availability makes sense in the narrative (they could alter it without that much work true), keep it and just amp up her bases.
  • True for the 2nd Playthrough stuff, no reason it can't be available on the 1st. 
  • The DB does need more EXP that is true. An extra Part 3 fight or two and some more Part 1 ones would seriously help.
  • Regular Laguz (well the ones that are good) are perfectly usable and not worthless until the Tower of Guidance. Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, Skrimir, Mordecai, P2 Nealuchi, Volug, P1 Muarim and Vika, they can all fight quite well with just their bases. And the Royals only show up in Part 4, with each Army getting just one so there is room in each force for strong normal Laguz to help out. Once the Tower comes, then the good normal Laguz are completely inferior to the united army of Royals.

Edit: By the way, give the Black Knight and Dheginsea innate Nullify. Being able to Hammer the BK to death is not right! And Dheg should be immune to Wyrmslayers too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

He was wounded and can't fight as a result.

The actual reason is that Berserkers weren't in the game, so IS had to cut him, because they weren't going to give some random duder who nobody gave a shit about a unique class.

Which reminds me: Add Berserkers back into the game and give them a third tier.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

The actual reason is that Berserkers weren't in the game, so IS had to cut him, because they weren't going to give some random duder who nobody gave a shit about a unique class.

Which reminds me: Add Berserkers back into the game and give them a third tier.

That's stupid. They could've made him a reaver or something.

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No! Do you want magic to be even worse off? These power weapons are partly to blame for the weakness of tomes, the different between Steel Poleax and an Elfire tome is 8 Atk, that exceeds the 4-7 Def vs. Res gap the majority of non-high Res units have.

I just believe that since the weapons I mentioned have an Iron, Steel and Silver level tiers they also should be able to be forged in the game alongside standard axes, swords, lances and bows, javelins, handaxes etc. that and these are my favourite weapons in the game. They could always include some tome equivalents to these weapons such as make Arcthunder and Thoron for instance forgeable. Ultimately I would like for every weapon excluding legendary and character specific weapons to be forgeable like the Wind Edges but at very least I would love a remake to make the Poleaxes, Greatlances and Blade weapons forgeable.

That power difference is interesting though I did not know that those weapons had such a power difference compared to tomes. Mainly because I'm not a big mage user and I don't compare how strong magic is to it's weapon counterparts and I simply just didn't care how strong the magic equivalent was. I did know that the Iron Blade is stronger than the Iron sword but beyond that no.

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did autoleveling in FE8 and 9 (Rhys joins with some autolevels strangely), don't see why they couldn't have in RD. Masteries on normal enemies would be a bad idea unless they were toned down, as in without the extreme damage. Some distribution of normal skills like Cancel and Adept somewhat randomly among standard enemies would be good too.
Rhys was autoleveled? Never noticed it. Shinon defenitely wasn't. I said sth. about mastery skills in the reply below.

Micaiah getting the final blow on Ashera would be very annoying from a gameplay perspective, since at with capped Magic, Nasir and Rexaura, she'd do only 7 damage. If you didn't get Rexaura, or recruit Nasir, or train Micaiah heavily, you're doomed. Honestly, the final blow should be open to anyone to deal, and then the real final blow is dealt afterwards in a movie clip. By Ragnell, with Micaiah (not Yune talking in Micaiah) providing the Chaos that gives it's killing power- equal representation and equally important roles for Miccy and Ike in the killing of Ashera. Afterwards, Micaiah and Ike alike chat with Yune before she vanishes. Micaiah calls Yune a big sister at one point, it's shame we never see them talk to each other and that is the one moment they had when they could have. 

By the way, ever read Sephiran's 4-Final-5 chat with Micaiah? If you haven't, you should. I wish we could see the aftermath of it.
I know it's 
Even this support conversation wouldn't really justify not to give Micaiah the final blow. However I agree with that point that it can be tricky to damage her, if Micky's not leveled. 

21 hours ago, Icelerate said:

How would that be a good change? Your idea would similar to a game filled with assassins with killing edges. Mastery skills are generally OHKO and work due to RNG. I'd first nerf mastery skills like they were in PoR. 

FE10 is pretty much the opposite of FE13 in lunatic (+). Instead of having enemies with broken skill your units have them. Entire part 4 is fake difficulty with all the second tier enemies with third tier caps and class skills. I mean I agree that mastery skills are broken as hell, but a part of balance is that the enemies may have the same ressources as your allies. 
I'd change it in that way to give the enemies in part 3 second tier caps even if would nerf swordmasters who have >30 speed in 4-4. Consequently they drop the exp. as a second tier unit would do, means less in total.
In the endgame all the generics in E-1 and E-2 must have third tier stats, and in hard mode at least, they must have mastery skills too.
I'm honest enough to say that part 4 doesn't even need to exist except for Izuka's chapter. Just fillers in term of grinding chapters. 

On 30.10.2017 at 3:59 PM, Michelaar said:

One thing. WRITE ACTUAL SUPPORTS.

Impossible to do with the existing support system due to the multiple thousands of support possibilities.

1 hour ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:

Impossible to do with the existing support system due to the multiple thousands of support possibilities.

This is an excuse, not a reason.

Adding actual supports would be nice, though it would be rather difficult with all the army switching, it's likely they'd be rather limited, but even that would be better than the generic one's we got. Maybe give all the pairs that got special endings together actual supports.

Also give certain characters more play time. Lucia gets like 3 chapters of availability, Elincia and Geoff get like 4, and Tomords' gang get maybe 5, its pitiful.

Make part 2 longer, as much as I love that part, its way too damn short. You could easily take at least 2 chapters from part 3 and make part 2 longer.

Lastly, give Micaiah the main spotlight, not Ike. Ike already had an entire game dedicated to him, he didnt need to take the center stage again. 

23 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Adding actual supports would be nice, though it would be rather difficult with all the army switching, it's likely they'd be rather limited, but even that would be better than the generic one's we got. Maybe give all the pairs that got special endings together actual supports.

Also give certain characters more play time. Lucia gets like 3 chapters of availability, Elincia and Geoff get like 4, and Tomords' gang get maybe 5, its pitiful.

Make part 2 longer, as much as I love that part, its way too damn short. You could easily take at least 2 chapters from part 3 and make part 2 longer.

Lastly, give Micaiah the main spotlight, not Ike. Ike already had an entire game dedicated to him, he didnt need to take the center stage again. 

I agree with all of this except maybe the part two thing. It was a really well written chapter but it seemed largely unnecessary in the grand scheme of the game. I love Elincia, she's a great character and Lucia and Haar are two of my favorite units, but I feel that part 2 could use a major retcon to make it important to the game before it was made longer.

That being said it seems like everyone wants more supports so I might make another topic about just that later on, I'd love to hear what everyone would like to see!

13 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I agree with all of this except maybe the part two thing. It was a really well written chapter but it seemed largely unnecessary in the grand scheme of the game. I love Elincia, she's a great character and Lucia and Haar are two of my favorite units, but I feel that part 2 could use a major retcon to make it important to the game before it was made longer.

I agree that it was very well written, and Elincia's character development was amazingly well done despite how short it was. I just personally feel, with her being my favorite character and all, that she deserved more screen time then what she got.

Edited by Elincia

Just now, Elincia said:

I agree that it was very well written, and  Elincia's character development was amazingly well done despite how short it was. I just personally feel, with her begining my favorite character and all, that she deserved more screen time then what she got.

Oh I definitely agree with you there, I would have loved to have seen more of Elincia. The only issue I see there is that she would cut into Micaiah's already cut into development time. I did consider rewriting part 2 to be a minor conflict between Crimea and Daein that Elincia and Micaiah have to work together to resolve so maybe that would help?

3 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Oh I definitely agree with you there, I would have loved to have seen more of Elincia. The only issue I see there is that she would cut into Micaiah's already cut into development time. I did consider rewriting part 2 to be a minor conflict between Crimea and Daein that Elincia and Micaiah have to work together to resolve so maybe that would help?

That honestly sounds perfect. I really wanted to see some interaction between those 2. IIRC, they dont interact even once, which is really disappointing.

Just now, Elincia said:

That honestly sounds perfect. I really wanted to see some interaction between those 2. IIRC, they dont interact even once, which is really disappointing.

I thought it would be a good idea and give Elincia experience with Micaiah come part 3 where Daein is dragged into the war. Besides I think those two could have really interesting conversations considering how much they both care for their people and countries. Nailah is great to have on Micaiah's side but she's relatively unknown and everyone involved respects Elincia so it would be nice for her to be a mediator and know something was wrong on Daein's side.

9 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I thought it would be a good idea and give Elincia experience with Micaiah come part 3 where Daein is dragged into the war. Besides I think those two could have really interesting conversations considering how much they both care for their people and countries. Nailah is great to have on Micaiah's side but she's relatively unknown and everyone involved respects Elincia so it would be nice for her to be a mediator and know something was wrong on Daein's side.

Sounds pretty good. It would give Elincia a lot more involvement in part 3. Those 2 deserved the main character spotlight more than Ike, imo. Ike should have played a more minor role, cause he really doesnt add much to the game as its main character since he's already fully developed by the end of PoR.

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

Sounds pretty good. It would give Elincia a lot more involvement in part 3. Those 2 deserved the main character spotlight more than Ike, imo. Ike should have played a more minor role, cause he really doesnt add much to the game as its main character since he's already fully developed by the end of PoR.

Elincia definitely needs more involvement but I enjoy having Ike in RD. I just wish he didn't completely steal the game by Part 3. Of course I'd also like to see more interaction between him and Micaiah as the two main characters of the game, I don't think I'll ever understand why IS didn't do that. The few conversations they did have were really interesting.

7 hours ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:

The solution here is to not have people support with an unrealistic amount of people.

Would Gatrie need to support with anyone besides Astrid, Shinon and maybe Lyre? No, so don't have him support with Volug or something like you'd see in Fates or Awakening, where the roster isn't much smaller than RD's, yet everyone has a dozen support chains. Fates actually has more regular characters(Going off Revelations) than RD does, where RD gives you less than 60 units before the final chapter, where I'd expect supports to be nonexistant. Revelations has about 65 regular characters with tons of support chains.

11 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Elincia definitely needs more involvement but I enjoy having Ike in RD. I just wish he didn't completely steal the game by Part 3. Of course I'd also like to see more interaction between him and Micaiah as the two main characters of the game, I don't think I'll ever understand why IS didn't do that. The few conversations they did have were really interesting.

As a said, Ike should have had a bit of a more minor role in the game, or at least in part 3. Like instead of giving him complete control over the Laguz Alliance and the rest of the armies supporting Sanaki. Give him command over his group as well as partial command over the rest of the Laguz Alliance, alongside Ranulf and Skrimir. Give Geoffrey command over the Crimean army, and Sigrun and Tanith over the Begnion army. That way he isnt completely stealing the spotlight by the end of part 3, and it would possible give some other characters a bit more screen time aswell.

I'll be getting straight to the point;

1- Make Tormod,Vika and Muarim join on mid/late part 3

2- Actual Supports

3- One Extra subchapter for Part 1 and One Extra DB Chapter for Part 3. The subchapter would be a part 1 on the swamp level.

4- Make Volke and especially Heather more worth using, Volke is technically better than Sothe, however the forced deployment aniquilates their chance of joining the Endgame. An SS Rank Knife would be a good point to start,also raise Heather's Magic growth by 10% and her base magic by 2 and HP by 1.

5- Make Cards worth using, no physical unit has a decent enough magic to use them properly, Heather, Vika, Rolf, Nealuchi and Lyre should be reworked to use them them more properly, alongisde with the addition of two new cards.

6- Fix Kyza , because he's outclassed in every thinkable way. 

Edited by Ace Pelleas

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

The solution here is to not have people support with an unrealistic amount of people.

Plotwise I totally agree, but gameplay it's the most flexible support system in the entire series, and the reason why I favor this.
Of course Fates did way better by making each conversation unique despite the huge number of support possibilites. 

On 30/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, Skylorella Con said:

Make Soren and Ike's last base conversation cinematic. I would give anything to see that hug in cinematics. 

OMG THIS, JUST THIS

But on a more serious note, aside from rewritte the entire mess of plot? Well:

First of all, give us some development for the Dawn Brigade, we don't know anything about them, so we don't have reasons to care about them, I want to know more of Nolan and my boy Aran, I love Aran but we hardly get to know him.

Give more focus to Micaiah, Yune and Ike stealing her time in game was bullshit, she deserved better, as well give us some backstory, like how she ended on Daein or how she joined the Dawn Brigade or some like that. 

Don't make Sothe obligatory on the tower, he is not good and Heather or Volke do a better job, and why he has dialogue with the bosses? Why the plot think that I care that much about him, I didn't even ship him with Micaiah. Why they have to get married when in game they always treated each other as siblings and the fact that Micaiah basically raised him? 

Blood pact.

Reveal the Black Knight identity in a less stupid amd anticlimatic way, seriously

Spoiler

Ranulf going like "Zelgius is the BK btw, see ya" is plain stupid and just ruin the experience

Give my son Soren more spotlight, he deserve it, he fucking needed it, I mean, that bullshit of 

Spoiler

He being actually Ashnard's son but tell us in a anticlimatic and so weird way, in the FUCKING epilogue

Just... Fuck it!

Spoiler

Also I'm salty as fuck that Sothe gets a conversation with Dheginsea but his fucking GRANDSON don't, fuck Sothe

Give the new character some time to make us care about them, we almost don't know anything of them, only some basic things

Why Tormod just dissapair of the plot!? Why!?

Make some scenes like the Ike's memory one obtanaible at first playtrought, RD is a hell of long and tedious game and we have to play it TWO times to obtain some IMPORTANT SCENE, why?

Give us actually supports, seriously, give me supports or give me death

Edited by Truffa

• 4 weeks later...

While RD has shown it's age (my brother almost sleeping mid-game is testament to that), I think it can still hold it's own for a while: HOWEVER, there are a couple of things it NEED change ASAP:

1-Support conversations is no brainer, and with that, more character development, as most of them are among the flatest FE character overall, with (as much as my rather limited FE knowledge allows) Shadow Dragon holding the dubious honor of most flat characters overall (seriously, most SD characters show way more personality in FEH than in their home game XD)

2-Quicker battle load times, and animations as well (main reason my brother almost fell asleep in his last playthrough)

3-Better villain development. Most of them are evil just because. Sephiran/Lehran's villain revelation fells it came out of nowhere, and Zelgius/Black Knight's attempt to gain sympathy. I'm not against giving him more sympathy, but it felt victim of bad writhing, and last minute

4-Laguz's transformation. The laguz, thinking back, are a new FE idea that was good, but executed rather badly. They are powerful, but unreliable due to their slow transformation gain, and quick loss. They should fix the gauge. They could be all perma-transformed while nerfing their stats, but it will take away their uniqueness

5-VERY important: make the Dawn Brigade more reliable characters. Seriously, the start of the game is unnecessarily hard because they start too underpowered 

6-Fix character availability. Some chapters are unnecessarily hard late game because it has enemies on scale, but you change group with characters who fell behind in comparison

Edited by Midnox

Well about the villains in the game that you mentioned, I found Sephiran/Lehran's revelation out of nowhere and unecessary yes, I don't think he should have been recruitable (he even wanted to die).

However I think that Zelgius/Black Knight was a bigger and harder to fix problem with the story. The attempt to gain sympathy was badly written (that said, it worked on me!). There were many questions I still had which went unanswered. Did Zelgius even know about Sephiran's plan? Why did he even kill Greil in the first place (are you seriously telling me that Zelgius of all people doesn't know how to let someone live in a duel)? I'm guessing no to the first one as Zelgius out of everyone seemed to be trying to end the war as peacefully as possible. And then you have Zelgius' death in part four, one of the most rushed and pointless events I've ever seen in a Fire Emblem game. I could go on and on about all the problems I have with Zelgius/Black Knight backstory but I'll stop there.

Another problem I had with the story was some of the canon pairings. They are... odd. MicaiahxSothe and AstridxMalakov are the worst in my opinion. The latter has already been complained about extensively so I think I'll just explain why I dislike the pairing of Micaiah and Sothe. I just find it creepy. For a start, there's the age gap, then there's the fact that she raised him and treats him as a younger brother (although arguably more like a mother/child). So why do they end up together?

Micaiah I found an alright character, and unique among FE lords. I actually didn't mind her that much, I thought it was Pelleas and Sothe that ruined the Dawn Brigade chapters. Although her being the Apostle of Begnion was uneeded, and being accepted as a branded in Daein of all places didn't make sense (she also didn't act like a branded, I thought she was supposed to be way older than she looks? She definitely doesn't act like it. Compare her to Soren and see the difference).

Well I think I'll stop there.

• 2 years later...

Sorry i'm a little late on this

1. Give the dawn brigade more chapters, I'd really like to see how they met in the first place and how they bonded as a group.

2. Supports are a must, especially for the dawn brigade and new characters like Kyza.

3. No Astrid X Makalov PLEASE

4. Give my boi Sothe a more important role in part 4, it seems like they kinda dragged him along in the original and they gave him a back seat to Ike and Micaiah (oh, i'm sorry, Yune, which brings me to my next point). I may be biased because he's my fav, but Sothe is a truly unique main character for fire emblem and he still has a lot of potential.

5. Make Sothe more viable for part 4 as well. 

6. Tormod definitely needs more screen time. he shows up in part 1 for, like 3 missions, and then joins again before the endgame during which time he is seriously underleveled (but good if you bother to train him).

7. I would love it if all the dialogue including the supports was fully voiced like it is in Three houses.

8. it would be cool if they gave us more lore on tellius

9. I really hope they address the reason for the unequal lifespans between Laguz and Beorc, they rarely address it in the Tellius games. I really hope they address it because it is definitely could be a major theme with much potential and it could play a huge role in the rift between the beorc and laguz as well as how characters see themselves or each other. Seriously, they could do a lot with this and it deserves more than just passing mentions in dialogue. This is BIG (although it might be a better theme for a 3rd tellius game, if we ever get one).

10. More info on the Crimean rebellion and how it relates to the overall story.

11. Give Volug more dialogue, if you read his translated quotes you will realize he has the potential to be a truly hilarious and well written character.

12. it'd be cool to see what Hatari looks like (again, might be sequel material tho).

13. Buff Leonardo and make Meg not bad.

14. I think the characters and the world would look gorgeous with Three houses' art style or an improved version of it, but maybe that's just me.

I definitely think Tellius deserves a few remakes or maybe a sequel, probably, perhaps, maybe.