How many brand new characters do you think we'll might see incase if a FE4-10 remake happens in the future?

King Marth 64

Since Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Mystery of the Emblem, and Gaiden managed to get a remake into Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and they do add more characters to the story. There are like 6 new playable characters and 5 new boss enemies that were added in Shadow Dragon, 2 new playable characters and new 3 boss enemies that were added in New Mystery of the Emblem while they managed to get the rest of the playable characters from Shadow Dragon into New Mystery of the Emblem, and they did add 2 new in-game playable characters, 4 new boss enemies, added the four Cipher characters as DLC, putted Jarth as a new enemy DLC boss, and the final boss in the post game content after Act 5. How many playable characters and new non-playable characters do you think the future remakes will might possibly get added?

• I don't know about how many brand new characters we could get for the possible Judgral remakes as this point, but I think we could see a new member for Sigurd's Holy Knights + new mother (or the new member in Sigurd's Holy Knights is a female) and a new member, possibly 2 new children, and 2 new subtitutes incase if a new mother character gets added in the first generation for Seliph's army + add the rest of the Thracia 776 characters into Seliph's story for a new Gaiden/Paralogue chapters similar to like how New Mystery of the Emblem manages to get the rest of the Shadow Dragon characters and the Archanea Saga characters into the remake. But, maybe a few new antagonists in either of the remakes to help the story like Berkut and Frenand in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and the Assassins in New Mystery of the Emblem. For a Thracia 776 remake, I think we could see a new character joins Leif's group.
  • For the Elibe remakes, I do like to see if they can add a brand new main character, give Roy a half-sibling similar to like how Celica has a half-brother gotten added in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, a Mercenary Girl to the Binding Blade remake since Echidna is the only female Hero in the game, and an unit starts off as an Assassin since that class was added in the Prequel, and possibly put some of the returning characters that aren't killed in the prequel such as Nils, Rebecca, Serra, Matthew, etc. from The Blazing Blade into the story as playable or NPCs for The Binding Blade remake, I don't know about for new characters for The Blazing Blade remake though, maybe add an another Lorca tribe survivor (possibly as Lyn's sibling or friend)?
  • For The Sacred Stones remake, I think of they could might possibly add 2 new members for Eirika's and Emphriam's squad and add more new characters into the story.
  • For the Tellius remakes, I think they will might add at least new members for the Greil Mercenaries (either the Path of Radiance remake and return in the Radiant Dawn remake or put them in Radiant Dawn remake after Ike appears since the Greil Mercenaries didn't get a single new member after the Mad King's War ended) along with new characters that gets recruited in a few new Gaiden/Paralogue chapters or in the main story like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem. And a new member in the Dawn Brigade and a new character later on as well in the Radiant Dawn remake.
Edited by King Marth 64

It's difficult to really put information to it.

I could certainly see more FE7 characters being utilized in Binding Blade, perhaps Lyn here due to popularity and a way to give information about what happened to her.

I doubt that they'd add more characters to the Greil Mercenaries directly. Maybe more of Elinicia's guard but I can't see much else of what could be done that way.

It's interesting to think about though and I definitely think exploring the idea further would be fun, but I'm a little occupied right now.

RD really doesn't need new characters, it has enough as is. Maybe another unit or two for the Dawn Brigade- provided they don't add to the competition for oh so precious EXP Micaiah's group faces. 

PoR is fine too. Maybe another raven though, a normal one to flesh out Kilvas a little more. Beyond that, I just want more Supports in this game with the present cast.

SS would need a truckload more if they wanted to do a Ephraim and Eirika simultaneous route thing, which they should totally consider in a remake. Even if they didn't, the cast is small by FE standards, but that might be part of the game's charm.

FE7- I think the cast works as is. The game is rather balanced and no class is horribly lacking. 

FE6- I don't need that many if any FE7 chars playable, but toss in some NPC references to a bunch of them, particularly Pent and Louise. I wouldn't mind Nils showing up again either. The cast for FE6 is already plenty big.

FE5- I haven't played, but it seems okay.

FE4- Just throw in a bunch of T776 references including playable Saias and NPC Mareeta and Eyvel. An avatar could work possibly in an interesting way, but I doubt IS would handle it well. Another Gen 1 flier would be neat.

Tellius games are great as they are. RD could have their writing tweaked and have supports properly added though.

FE6 could have some FE7 characters mentioned or be NPCs here and there. Lyn could most likely be made a playable unit due to being the most popular Elibe character.

FE4 should really just be having the Thracia characters added or mentioned in Gen 2. But because of the large number of Thracia characters, most of them are going to be dropped.

The Thracia characters with the best chance would be Olwen, Sara for a battle convo against Manfroy, Othin for Pugi Axe alone, Saias, and Salem for Dark Magic. Mareeta and Eyvel could work too.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RD really doesn't need new characters, it has enough as is. Maybe another unit or two for the Dawn Brigade- provided they don't add to the competition for oh so precious EXP Micaiah's group faces. 

PoR is fine too. Maybe another raven though, a normal one to flesh out Kilvas a little more. Beyond that, I just want more Supports in this game with the present cast.

SS would need a truckload more if they wanted to do a Ephraim and Eirika simultaneous route thing, which they should totally consider in a remake. Even if they didn't, the cast is small by FE standards, but that might be part of the game's charm.

FE7- I think the cast works as is. The game is rather balanced and no class is horribly lacking. 

FE6- I don't need that many if any FE7 chars playable, but toss in some NPC references to a bunch of them, particularly Pent and Louise. I wouldn't mind Nils showing up again either. The cast for FE6 is already plenty big.

FE5- I haven't played, but it seems okay.

FE4- Just throw in a bunch of T776 references including playable Saias and NPC Mareeta and Eyvel. An avatar could work possibly in an interesting way, but I doubt IS would handle it well. Another Gen 1 flier would be neat.

Well, I do see alot of remakes usually add characters. But, as for The Sacred Stones remake, I do agree that they should add more characters since the number of playable units is kinda less than Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia have as of right now; I kinda think about it, what about add something like a Gotoh alike character that can be recruited near the final chapter? And I kinda just remembered about some of the units in the Second Part in the Genealogy of the Holy War, I think Seliph's army doesn't have a unit starts off as an unpromoted Armored Unit at the beginning of his tale since Hannibal is the only Armored unit starts off as a General that can be recruited at Chapter 9 while his own father, Sigurd has Arden. I think Seliph should have at least an Armored unit at the start in his story in the Genealogy remake.

Edited by King Marth 64

If we get a Re:Binding Blade, I want them to include the Hasha No Tsurugi characters, particularly Kilmar. Alternatively, make a mixed bag game, similar to Hector Mode, where you play through Al's Story, which would provide different enemies, some different Units, and of course Al's storyline.

I’m not a fan of Roy potentially getting a hitherto-unknown sibling in the remake. Conrad was an absolutely unnecessary addition to SoV, playing no role in the plot and serving to make Celica into even more of a distressed damsel in perpetual need of saving.

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not a fan of Roy potentially getting a hitherto-unknown sibling in the remake. Conrad was an absolutely unnecessary addition to SoV, playing no role in the plot and serving to make Celica into even more of a distressed damsel in perpetual need of saving.

What about something like Roy gets a younger sibiling instead of an older sibiling since The Blazing Blade is like 20 years before The Binding Blade and Eliwood did introduced Roy to Lilina and Hector during at the 5 year time skip at the ending? I think the half-blood sibling for Roy would be possibly be like a younger sister like she was born sometime after Roy's mother passed away and Eliwood can't managed to get over with his first wife's death during at the time at The Blazing Blade's ending plot and a random woman managed to support Eliwood and his family to encouraged to let Eliwood's problems be solved and Roy's sister isn't like a rescuer like Conrad for Celica during in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by King Marth 64

I don’t think it’s really in character for Eliwood to marry a second girl soon enough after Roy’s birth that a child from her would be old enough to factor into the plot.  Roy’s 15, and 13 is probably the youngest we can go for playable characters, so Eliwood would be remarried when Roy was 1 for said sibling to exist (taking into account 9-month gestation period).  Roy’s mother would have died sometime in that 1 year.  

It’s just... too fast for me.  I can see Eliwood remarrying eventually, but not that fast.

All that aside, I can see Lyn or Rebecca possibly becoming playable in a FE6 remake.  Former because Lyn, latter because she’s closely tied to two characters in FE6 (Roy and Wolt, being their wet nurse and mother respectively).

If there’s ever a FE6 remake, I can see some characters from FE7 appearing as either playable or cameos. Like Pent and Louise appearing in an Etruria chapter or Matthew and Serra appearing in the Ostia chapter, or Raven being playable by meeting with Lucius’s orphans, and wanting to look after them, maybe the child of one of the FE7 characters, like maybe Isadora’s child being a apprentice knight of Pherae or Dorcas’s child being a mercernary. Vaida could appear as boss, since she’s loyal to Zephiel.

For FE4, maybe a Dark Magic user could join, maybe like on if the victims of the child hunt, who is rescued by Seliph.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

If we get a Re:Binding Blade, I want them to include the Hasha No Tsurugi characters, particularly Kilmar. Alternatively, make a mixed bag game, similar to Hector Mode, where you play through Al's Story, which would provide different enemies, some different Units, and of course Al's storyline.

Given how Cipher has embraced those characters and the manga artist's popularity I believe those would be the first consideration for additional characters.

For FE4: I can see them adding a couple more 1st Gen characters so everyone has a chance to marry. This leads to having a bit more 2nd Gen characters. Alternatively, they could add a few notable members from the FE5 cast.

For FE5: Never got far enough to care.

For FE6: The biggest thing i can see them doing is adding in the Hasha no Tsurugi characters. Al, Tiana, and Gant in particular have weapons named after them in-game.

For FE7: No new characters needed imo.

For FE8: They could add a few more characters if they want to do a simultaneous Eirika/Ephraim split.

For FE9: Just started playing the game so i can't say.

For FE10: Never played so i can't say.

6 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

What about something like Roy gets a younger sibiling instead of an older sibiling since The Blazing Blade is like 20 years before The Binding Blade and Eliwood did introduced Roy to Lilina and Hector during at the 5 year time skip at the ending? I think the half-blood sibling for Roy would be possibly be like a younger sister like she was born sometime after Roy's mother passed away and Eliwood can't managed to get over with his first wife's death during at the time at The Blazing Blade's ending plot and a random woman managed to support Eliwood and his family to encouraged to let Eliwood's problems be solved and Roy's sister isn't like a rescuer like Conrad for Celica during in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

As Glaceon Mage mentioned, it would be too out of character for Eliwood to remarry that quickly after his wife's death. I would rather just have Roy be an only child. Because let's be honest, does Roy really need a sibling? Celica got a sibling in the form of Conrad. I liked Conrad, but he was very unnecessary. The only way i can see Roy having a sibling is if Eliwood and his wife had two children. And even then, the sibling is just gonna get shafted. The sibling isn't going to be made the leader of the Lycian/Eturian Army. The sibling isn't going to get the Fire Emblem to unlock the Binding Blade. The sibling isn't going to get the ability to use the Binding Blade.

SoV could get away with adding Conrad because Gaiden barely had any story. Binding Blade's story is much more fleshed out. It'll be hard to give Roy a sibling and make it work.

FE4: For Genealogy, I could see adding a handful of female characters in Gen 1. Say 2 or 3. This would lead to 4-6 new children in gen 2, and 4-6 new subs. I also believe Galzus should show up at some point in gen 1, since he's Odo royalty and a notorious fighter across the land. Maybe he shows up here and there as a neutral until(Or hostile since Isacchian royalty like Ayra, Shanah and Chulainn are in the party), and we see late into gen 1 the moment where he loses Mareeta.

While they aren't "Brand new", there are a handful of T776 characters who should REALLY show up in gen 2 of Genealogy, too.

Namely: Eyvel/Briggid, Mareeta(Eyvel's adopted daughter), Saias(Alvis' son) and Sara(Manfroy's granddaughter). Maybe Fergus, too, if they decide to go with the idea that he's Beowulf's son. Galzus could maybe show up in the final chapter as a proper Gotoh archetype to help kill Manfroy.

FE5: Thracia's probably fine as is. It already had a very large cast, so I'd prefer they just flesh out what's already there.

FE6: I could see them adding a child of Lyn into Binding Blade, and maybe some more characters who are children of prominent FE7 characters(Or they could just add connections). They could probably add a child of Dorcas and Natalie.

After this I have a hard time figuring what decent additions there could be.

Edited by Slumber

RD works fine, and has more issues with too many characters. Honestly, I think completely removing and replacing may be a better route for RD. Specifically with Meg, who really doesnt fit anywhere. Why Brom's daughter would show up in Daein to help Micaiah, and why she would stay with them even though Brom is with Crimea makes no sense. I know you have the entire Zihark angle they tried to pull, but it was really a bad way to explain that. And to make matters worst, she just has no connection to anyone in the Dawn Brigade besides Zihark. I would say introducing a different armor character to replace Meg would be a better idea. And give the poor person some better stats.

Other than that, what RD needs the most is fleshing out its already existing characters. The Dawn Brigade specifically. Everyone but Tauroneo, Micaiah, and Sothe had any real relevance, or even personality. Jill and Zihark had the luxury of PoR on their side, but if you went off of RD alone they didnt have much. I think some updates and maybe a redesign or two for the Dawn Brigade could do a lot for them. First and foremost starting with Nolan, by giving him a lot more plot relevance for the Dawn Brigade. The only thing character addition wise I would make is give Bastian and Volke over earlier in the game, and make Largo playable early on. As well as making Pelleas playable without a 2nd playthrough.

In all reality, what RD really needs is about 5-10 extra maps added to it for xp distribution for all of its characters, since the DB has such an issue with that. But that is a different topic entirely.

PoR is in the same boat. Its got a large cast as it is, so it doesnt need any new additions. And unlike RD, it doesnt need much for making characters available earlier either, as far as I remember there werent many late game newcomers.

Edited by Tolvir

I get why they added new characters to SoV and to a certain extent Archanea. But starting with Jugdral I feel they should focus more on taking the characters already there and fleshing them out more/bringing in characters from the related games as cameos. The exception is FE8, where as others mentioned a route split would require a few new characters. But the rest of the games have large to huge casts already.

I could see them adding a bunch more girls to FE4 so that less male characters are left forever alone in Gen 1. And hoo boy will the new characters cause a stir. You thought the reception to Faye was hectic? Try six new girls. I'm really not looking forward to how members of SF expect women to talk, act, think, or look when that remake drops.

But yeah, I think new playable characters, particularly recruiting villains, will definitely happen in future remakes. Nothing baits fans of the original like the "you can play as HIM?" factor. But I think FE8 may see a paricularly big expansion since it has the second smallest playable roster in the series. Behind Gaiden, but ahead of Echoes.

4 could use one more girl for 1st gen I think. I'd consider more, but then we might have too many children. Dark magic user for sure though, with one Dark mage kid, the other could be whatever. Make Arden not suck maybe? 

5, I don't know enough about 5 to say anything smart. If 4 got new characters, maybe they could show up in 5 if they fit well.

6 already has too many characters. But I'd appreciate it if Guinevere were a playable secondary lord. As far as more 7 children, you could just confirm some character's relations, i.e. Dorcas+Natalie=Dorothy. Don't think it makes sense for Roy to have a sibling personally. Lilina could MAYBE have a younger sibling if they really want her to, but it isn't necessary. 

7 doesn't really need more characters, but I'd appreciate a female thief(3 thieves and they're all male?), and maybe let Karla join a LOT sooner? Why couldn't her little fight with Bartre happen on the same chapter you get Farina, have her join as a high level myrm?

I personally still believe in 6/7's remakes being one game with a semi-second gen, but maybe it'd be too much for one game. Same with 4/5, I think it would be awesome to play Seliph's and Leif's armies simultaneously, but again, might be too much. Would also be WAY too many characters if all of Leif's army came with him. But if it could be managed, even if it resulted in losing characters when Leif and Seliph join, I'd be into it.

8, female shaman, thief and fighter. This last part doesn't really have to do with adding characters, and it might be an unpopular opinion, but remove trainee classes. Amelia as a soldier, give us halberdiers through her, and make Ewan a mage. You would almost never make him a mage, and its kind of bizarre that he can pick up dark magic like nothing despite his teacher only knowing anima and light. Ross is the only part of this equation that becomes troublesome, because why would he be a pirate, but if he's not, Dozla becomes your sole berserker. So MAYBE add a pirate somewhere if all my suggestions become true. Simultaneous routes for sure though, maybe Marisa won't suck if she's the only myrm on her side.

9 and 10 just need rereleases, not remakes, but for sake of the thread topic, I'll include them. Besides, I'd be all over remakes of these games anyway. Give us real supports for 10 dammit.

9 doesn't need more characters, but a raven and a dark mage would be nice, simply because they were missing classes.

10 has a billion characters already, but maybe squeeze anything we get in 9 here. Although you could just reuse Vika in 9, then we can maybe have supports for her too.

I think that both Binding blade and geneology don't really need new characters but rather characters created for the sequel who's absence in hindsight doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Pend can solo whole armies in Binding blade and is probably an archsage by the time 6 comes around. As such it doesn't seem very in character for him to just sit on the sidelines while his country burns around him, all the more because his children are involved. 

Cyan could also benefit from the extra screentime that an inclusion in Geneology's plot can bring. He's Arvis son so there's plenty for him to do. 

16 hours ago, hanhnn said:

New characters?

How about a playable Arvis ?

I don't think that will might work since Arvis is one of the major villain in Genealogy of the Holy War similar to like how Hardin didn't get changed to playable and kept him as a villain in New Mystery of the Emblem.

On 11/1/2017 at 6:20 AM, Slumber said:

FE6: I could see them adding a child of Lyn into Binding Blade, and maybe some more characters who are children of prominent FE7 characters(Or they could just add connections). They could probably add a child of Dorcas and Natalie.

Actually, I kinda think about it, I do like to see a child of Lyn gets added to the remake, but part of the problem is that Lyn can be a possible mother of Roy, Lilina, or Sue if she married Eliwood, Hector, or Rath. How do you think of a child of Lyn conflict the plothole since The Blazing Blade is a prequel of The Binding Blade? I don't know if he/she would reveal to either Roy, Lilina, or Sue that he/she is own sibling?

On 11/1/2017 at 6:17 AM, Armagon said:

For FE4: I can see them adding a couple more 1st Gen characters so everyone has a chance to marry. This leads to having a bit more 2nd Gen characters. Alternatively, they could add a few notable members from the FE5 cast.

For FE5: Never got far enough to care.

For FE6: The biggest thing i can see them doing is adding in the Hasha no Tsurugi characters. Al, Tiana, and Gant in particular have weapons named after them in-game.

For FE7: No new characters needed imo.

For FE8: They could add a few more characters if they want to do a simultaneous Eirika/Ephraim split.

For FE9: Just started playing the game so i can't say.

For FE10: Never played so i can't say.

As Glaceon Mage mentioned, it would be too out of character for Eliwood to remarry that quickly after his wife's death. I would rather just have Roy be an only child. Because let's be honest, does Roy really need a sibling? Celica got a sibling in the form of Conrad. I liked Conrad, but he was very unnecessary. The only way i can see Roy having a sibling is if Eliwood and his wife had two children. And even then, the sibling is just gonna get shafted. The sibling isn't going to be made the leader of the Lycian/Eturian Army. The sibling isn't going to get the Fire Emblem to unlock the Binding Blade. The sibling isn't going to get the ability to use the Binding Blade.

SoV could get away with adding Conrad because Gaiden barely had any story. Binding Blade's story is much more fleshed out. It'll be hard to give Roy a sibling and make it work.

How many mother units do you think it should be added in the Genealogy of the Holy War Remake in Generation 1? I kinda think about it, there are like 13 father units excluding Sigurd and Quan and 7 mother units excluding Deirdre and Ethlyn. I do think we should only have at least a few new female units in Generation 1 story plot and the new male units such as the sons can be added for the Generation 2 plot. I think add at least one female for Sigurd's squad before departing to save Edain and have her as a third cavalier unit like Frey in Shadow Dragon and Cecil in Mystery of the Emblem for Sigurd's squad and maybe she can give birth to a son that could be an Armored Unit since Seliph's Army is lacking an starter Armored unit and a daughter that could be a cavalier (since Ares is the only Cavalier unit in Generation 2) or an another class.

And for the The Binding Blade remake, well, I don't think an idea of sibiling of Roy stealing Roy's spot to unlock the Fire Emblem and the Binding Blade and being the leader of the Lycian army would work since that can a bad idea to the main character's spot in a remake since Conrad didn't steal Celica's role in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, he's more of a supportive character and he did helped Celica achieved her goal at the Temple of Mila in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I was kinda thinking of adding a female Cavalier in The Binding Blade remake since I just looked over the character list since we are missing a female cavalier in Binding Blade. I was thinking she can might be a Cavalier since Eliwood rides a horse and Roy managed to promote a Great Lord that is a foot class than promoting to a Knight Lord like his father. But, now you mentioned it, I guess it is kinda out of character to have Eliwood remarried after Roy's mother passed away. I thought it be something more like Deltha's age since she is 13 that was mentioned in the internal data in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

What about a sibiling for Lilina instead since I did seen Hector mentioned in The Blazing Blade about he wanted a son so that he can wield the Armads (I could see him as a Knight or a Fighter), but again the Armads managed to become anyone with using the Axe weilding the Armads in The Binding Blade. I don't remembered what timeline and what Lilina's age when Lilina's mother died though since I don't think Lilina nor some characters in Ostia mentioned about what happened to her mother in The Binding Blade?

I kinda think about it, isn't all of the rights for the Hasha no Tsurugi characters belong to Shonen Jump or does Intelligent System has the rights since I did seen Al was in the Fire Emblem 20th Anniversary Encyclopedia and the rest of the Hasha no Tsurugi characters are in Cipher as well?

I'd say, I'm mostly neutral on the notion of adding characters to remake works. I don't know, I guess it's up to the character in question and the remake in question. Still, I suppose it could be fine most of the time. But weighting on the matter...

For Genealogy, I'm not sure on adding more potential mothers. The thing about Genealogy's cast is that is split evenly across the two gens (counting each child-and-replacement pair as one since they're exclusive to each other). Twenty-four in each gen, if I remember right. So with the way Genealogy's mechanics are structured, another potential mother in gen one means two more units for gen two. So you would also need to add another unit in gen one (and not being another potential mother) to mantain the balance. Of course, one could just throw the whole balance away, but I would think that any remake is bound to keep it. Who knows. As it is, I would think it's fine just adding two new characters per gen, and at most only one being a potential mother.

Not sure about Thraccia. Perhaps simply add the characters that were cut instead of making new ones, although I know most of them were Genealogy's replacement characters. Well, if Thraccia wasn't shy on canonizing stuff, then sure, why not.

For Binding Blade, I think adding Al and company sounds fine over making new characters. Regarding pulling a Conrad with Roy or Lilina, I'd give a different alternative: give Lilina a (half) cousin via Orun, Marquess of Thria. Who, if anyone remembers, was stated to be Hector's half-brother, and so little is known about him that giving him a son/daughter wouldn't be too much of a change.

For Blazing Blade... not sure. Perhaps make more characters from Binding Blade also be present and playable, instead of making actual new characters. Well, for those that could apply.

Sacred Stones, new characters I suppose. Not sure on the number, perhaps not too many if the whole "entire group but the other sibling in one route" remains, instead of actually splitting the group and recruits between the two routes.

For Path of Radiance perhaps the same thing as with Blazing Blade. Add from the PC list of the other game.

With Radiant Dawn I think just make Largo playable again. And that's it, I guess. In a sense, it already did the whole "add new characters and make NPC's playable" thing. Instead as a sequel rather than as a remake. Adding even more would feel a bit redundant, at least to me. So yeah.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I don't think that will might work since Arvis is one of the major villain in Genealogy of the Holy War similar to like how Hardin didn't get changed to playable and kept him as a villain in New Mystery of the Emblem.

The same way they do with Zeke in Tearring Saga.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For Genealogy, I'm not sure on adding more potential mothers. The thing about Genealogy's cast is that is split evenly across the two gens (counting each child-and-replacement pair as one since they're exclusive to each other). Twenty-four in each gen, if I remember right. So with the way Genealogy's mechanics are structured, another potential mother in gen one means two more units for gen two. So you would also need to add another unit in gen one (and not being another potential mother) to mantain the balance. Of course, one could just throw the whole balance away, but I would think that any remake is bound to keep it. Who knows. As it is, I would think it's fine just adding two new characters per gen, and at most only one being a potential mother.

Yeah, I think adding more units than 24 units each gens would require lot of balance.

I agree that 1 more G1 female = 2 G2 children which also means 1 G1 male must be added to balance things.

But adding alternative characters could be a thing.

Such as, you can sacrifice Fury to save Mahnya.

Holin could be replaced by another random gladiator, Galzus maybe.

Ethnia instead of Tiltyu.

Arion joins if Hannibal dies.

for fe 4: Recriut Arion and Sais,

fe 6: Promote roy Early and give us Nilles (As a manakate) and give roy a secundary weapon upon promotion, depending on his mother (Dragonsotns for Ninian, Laces for Fiora , bows for Lyn) and give us Nino and Jafar back

FE 4-TBH, I wouldn't really want any new characters, they really need to flesh out the ones we already have. However, I think some references to some Thracia characters, like Mareeta, Eyvel, Galzus, Fergus and Saias would be cool. Also, maybe some references to the sub units in playthroughs where they aren't used.

FE 5-Again, it needs to expand more on the characters it already has before it adds more, plus the cast is already massive enough. Again, some references to Genealogy characters, especially the subs.

FE 6-I feel like adding Hasha no Tsurugi would make the most sense. Also references to FE 7 like Lyn, Rebecca, actually seeing pent and Louise etc.

FE 7-I feel like this is fine for the most part.

FE 8-I actually like the small cast however if they do something like they did with Alm and Celica, they would need to add a good amount of characters.

FE 9/10-These are pretty much fine, and honestly adding more characters would make more problems. They just need to expand on their already existing characters, especially the new ones from RD.