How many brand new characters do you think we'll might see incase if a FE4-10 remake happens in the future?

King Marth 64

I managed to take a look around in the entire Castle Preparations in Genealogy of the Holy War, I don't think alot the characters who appeared in Thracia 776 would fit in to the entire castle for the remake unless if Intelligent Systems can expand the entire room to fill more in to save some of the Thracia 776 characters (I mean Castles are huge) or put the classic preparations so any players can select which units to fight in battle. If they didn't expand the entire room in the Castle Preparations in the remake nor put the classic preparations to the game, I totally think they'll might add 2 more spaces for 2 units in Generation 1 and in Generation 2 since Quan and Ethlyn (I think they should like move Ethlyn with Quan together in the castle preparations in the remake) fills in the top during in Generation 1 while Shannan and Ofaiye fills in the top during in Generation 2. I totally think they'll definitely add 1 mother unit in Generation 1 and she will have 2 kids to fill in the spot in Generation 2, but I have no idea about the another unit filling up that very last spot in the castle preparations in Generation 1 for the remake though unless if that playable character will not gain any children in Generation 1.

Edited by King Marth 64

Let's see...

• Genealogy: I could see them adding a few more mothers to reduce the number of unpaired units in the first gen and bolster the army size in the second.
  • Thracia: It's possible they could add some of the Genealogy substitutes as was initially planned, as well as some other unused characters like Asbel's grandfather.
  • Binding Blade: As much as I don't think 6 needs any more characters added, I could see a handful of FE7 characters being added to the roster a la Bartre and the Hasha no Tsurugi characters also being added. I'm really hoping no more OC children are added unless you can set who their parents are, at least in the case of potential Lyn and Hector kids.
  • Blazing Blade: They might make the Tactician playable? I wouldn't like it, but I could see them doing it.
  • Sacred Stones: Saleh's grandmother Dara is an obvious choice, given that the in-game data indicates she was supposed to be playable. Maybe L'arachel's uncle too?
  • Path of Radiance: Gonna agree that a regular raven would be nice since the only real representation we have for them is Naesala. Otherwise PoR's roster is fine.
  • Radiant Dawn: The last thing RD needs is more playable characters. Largo being added back to the roster is about all that RD should ever do when it comes to new playable characters, and even that's a maybe.

I'd love for there to be more FE7 characters and references in FE6, although the cast is rather large already. Personally, I'd like it if you found Nino and reunited her with her children.

As much as it would be cool to see an older Lyn, unless they make canon spouses for the FE7 lords, it would be more difficult to add her. What's all this talk about Roy or Lilina getting a sibling? What purpose would that serve?

Concerning FE7, I don't see the need to add many characters but I wouldn't mind the avatar becoming playable as long as his importance stays about the same.

For PoR, I would just add Vika for some Raven representation.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:44 AM, NekoKnight said:

As much as it would be cool to see an older Lyn, unless they make canon spouses for the FE7 lords, it would be more difficult to add her. What's all this talk about Roy or Lilina getting a sibling? What purpose would that serve?

I mean, as much as I like him, you could ask the same about Conrad. I assume his addition to Echoes is why people suspect Roy or Lilina might get a sibling in a potential remake.

Edited by Azure Sen

Now that I think about it, why besides retroactively adding Vika to PoR, why not add Fiona? Marado stayed out of the war against Ashnard, and her father was suspected of being killed by Ashy, she has reason to join. Jill got deleveled in RD, no reason they couldn't do the same with Fiona. If they gave her a support with Tauroneo, we could get some lovely backstory to Lanvega too.

2 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

I mean, as much as I like him, you could ask the same about Conrad. I assume his addition to Echoes is why people suspect Roy or Lilina might get a sibling in a potential remake.

Thing is, Echoes got away with adding Conrad due to Gaiden basically having no story. Binding Blade's story is more solidified so it'd be harder to add in a sibling for Roy or Lilina.

Faval (and Patty to recruit him) not showing up in Thracia 776 just wrecks my sense of continuity. And to talk about minor bossess, the mage triplets that were sent to reclaim Leinster should have been there too (and Ishtar but she shows up in Thracia anyway, just not as a boss).

It'd be really nice if Eliwood showed up as playable in the finale of Binding Blade. I know he's sick on his death bed, so his status don't even need to be amazing, but just to have him there on the field of battle with a unique sprite would be lovely.

I know they've failed utterly with Avatars in the past but I actually would like to see one in a Genaology remake for one reason and one reason only. Breeding mechanics! The way I see it the Avatar could have minor (and only minor) holy blood from any of the crusaders. This would allow you to have a kid with major holy blood in any of the categories in the second gen (save Dain) so you can have the potential to wield the likes of Valflame and Helswath.
Also I would not at all object if Glade showed up in Genaology of Holy War. I feel so damn sorry for the guy getting last on that character poll. He isn't even an inconsequential character!

Regarding cast equality in Holy War's generation, they could *shock* make it so the new female character(s) only have one child.

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

Thing is, Echoes got away with adding Conrad due to Gaiden basically having no story. Binding Blade's story is more solidified so it'd be harder to add in a sibling for Roy or Lilina.

Ignoring the fact that Gaiden not having a story is entirely untrue, a solidified story didn't stop them from adding Kris into New Mystery, I really doubt it would stop them from adding in an OC sibling for Roy or Lilina.

Edited by Azure Sen

8 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Ignoring the fact that Gaiden not having a story is entirely untrue, a solidified story didn't stop them from adding Kris into New Mystery, I really doubt it would stop them from adding in an OC sibling for Roy or Lilina.

Not impossible, but I'd argue highly unnecessary.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Tolvir said:

RD works fine, and has more issues with too many characters. Honestly, I think completely removing and replacing may be a better route for RD. Specifically with Meg, who really doesnt fit anywhere. Why Brom's daughter would show up in Daein to help Micaiah, and why she would stay with them even though Brom is with Crimea makes no sense. I know you have the entire Zihark angle they tried to pull, but it was really a bad way to explain that. And to make matters worst, she just has no connection to anyone in the Dawn Brigade besides Zihark. I would say introducing a different armor character to replace Meg would be a better idea. And give the poor person some better stats.

The problem with Meg is not necessarily her bases per se, but rather her growths. She actually has some pretty solid bases for her level (with most of her stats being equal or better than Aran's bases, and he joins in the chapter before her with 4 more levels); it is simply the fact that her growths do not work that well with her class. She is an Armor with the growth rates of a Pegasus Knight. She is also pretty under-leveled and joins in a chapter with nothing but Laguz enemies (who are generally tougher than the Beorc). Personally, I could see Intelligent Systems giving her growths similar to Elfie's, which would definitely help. Aran could also use a buff with higher bases.

Honestly, a decent dark magic user who comes early enough would be nice (like Micaiah using it as a secondary weapon). Also integrating the magic triangle into the standard triangle like in Heroes (that game has so many great ideas despite it having the gachapon element that makes not want to touch it). Having the triangle be like Sword/Light > Axe/Dark > Lance/Anima like how people such as @GlaceonMage have suggested would make the magic types actually matter. 

Edited by KoimanZX

On 11/12/2017 at 10:11 PM, NekoKnight said:

Not impossible, but I'd argue highly unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for any new OCs to be added to a potential BB remake; in fact, I'd be happier if none were. But IntSys has proved very open to adding OCs to remakes, even if they don't serve any purpose aside from an extra unit to use and are completely unnecessary additions. Meanwhile, Conrad proves that not even Lords who were previously established to be only children could get siblings in a remake, even if they did actually explain how Conrad can exist in a way that makes sense. Unnecessary character additions are the reason why New Mystery, of all games, has the largest roster in the series at 77 units.

1 hour ago, Azure Sen said:

Meanwhile, Conrad proves that not even Lords who were previously established to be only children could get siblings in a remake, even if they did actually explain how Conrad can exist in a way that makes sense.

Actually Gaiden did establish that Lima IV had children other than Celica, it's just that Desaix failed to kill another one in the remake.

Man:
Dozer is a blackheart. He secretly had all the children born to the royal family killed.
Sir Mycen, who tried to stop him, was instead charged with the crime and driven from the castle.
Woman:
All the members of the royal family were murdered by Dozer.
Assuming she still lives, there remains only the princess whom it is said Lord Mycen took away with him immediately after her birth.
At least that girl…
If only Princess Anteze were still alive…

Edited by Lightchao42

9 hours ago, KoimanZX said:

The problem with Meg is not necessarily her bases per se, but rather her growths. She actually has some pretty solid bases for her level (with most of her stats being equal or better than Aran's bases, and he joins in the chapter before her with 4 more levels); it is simply the fact that her growths do not work that well with her class. She is an Armor with the growth rates of a Pegasus Knight. She is also pretty under-leveled and joins in a chapter with nothing but Laguz enemies (who are generally tougher than the Beorc). Personally, I could see Intelligent Systems giving her growths similar to Elfie's, which would definitely help. Aran could also use a buff with higher bases.

Honestly, a decent dark magic user who comes early enough would be nice (like Micaiah using it as a secondary weapon). Also integrating the magic triangle into the standard triangle like in Heroes (that game has so many great ideas despite it having the gachapon element that makes not want to touch it). Having the triangle be like Sword/Light > Axe/Dark > Lance/Anima like how people such as @GlaceonMage have suggested would make the magic types actually matter. 

Thats what I meant, better growths. I say stats in general, because I am used to saying that from all the other games I have played. Its why I have always said Meg is the character most in need of reclassing. She would make a killer Pegasus Knight.

Agreed on the idea of a dark mage. As I stated in my original post, the one Dark Mage that is available is locked behind a 2nd playthrough and joins very late. Fixing that by making him available on 1st playthrough, and available earlier could help with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I think I just got an idea about regarding about adding some new characters that can avoid making too much new children to the Generation 1 story plot for the Genealogy of the Holy War remake other than the new mother units. I just looking up to the Awakening and Fates section to see the supports on the characters and I think they should might add some non-married units that can't get married during in the Generation 1 plot. I do think there's Avatar-sexual characters that appeared in Awakening are 11 and Fates are 8. But, I think they could filled up to about 1 or a few can't-marry unit sometime after Chapter 3 and before Chapter 5. And they can save the spot for the new children/substitute characters for the game. And also, I don't think Sigurd had his own Jagen archetype-unit in his army, I don't think Quan count since he's more of an ally to Sigurd than a Jagen archetype-unit and Oifey did filled in the spot for Seliph's army, but I think they can put make the new character to fill in the spot similar to like how Gunter doesn't have his own child in Fates since he doesn't have any support with female units except for Female Corrin.

Edited by King Marth 64

For FE4 Gen 1, another flier might be great or a dark mage/druid that comes after you know what happens to Deidre.

As for Gen 2, maybe add some Thracia 776 characters, even for the villains.

And likewise, for Thracia 776, maybe throw some characters from Genealogy. Maybe if you didn't class change Lara, maybe Laylea will be recruitable instead. They could also add Hawk, Janne, Tristan, Daisy, and Asaello. Maybe Femina.

For FE6, maybe some older versions of FE7 characters or some reference to them.

FE4:Just one or two Thracia units and some references.

FE5:Playable Reinhardt so Heroes nerds don't riot.

FE6:One or two FE7 units and a ton of references to ones not included, Lyn is a likely candidate to be added.

FE7:Fine as is, they'll undoubtedly give Lyn some more family though.

i don't want any new units to be added to an fe4 or fe5 remake. i think it might be kinda cool to have a couple characters who were already there but not recruitable to become recruitable like maybe reinhardt, ishtore. if they really wanted they could also make a couple of the fe4 second gen units other than nanna and diarmuid recruitable in the fe5 remake. either way i highly doubt those games will be remade anyways.