So it seemed like one of the most popular changes people would make to Radiant Dawn is the addition of supports. That got me wondering, what supports would everyone like to see? Lets just assume that any support is possible for the sake of this shall we?

Also what would you want the support to look like if you've thought of that? These don't have to be romantic by the way, they can be purely platonic!

Personally I'd like to see the main characters get supports, especially Ike and Micaiah since they're the two main lords. I'd also like to see Ike and Elincia, Elincia and Micaiah, and Micaiah and Sanaki.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with supporting Ike, Elincia and Micaiah is that they're the leaders of their respective armies, and thus are literally never deployable together until the endgame, where I'd be surprised to see any kind of supporting.

Micaiah: Sothe, Pelleas, Nolan, Elincia, Sanaki, Ike, Soren, Stefan, Kurthnaga, Volug, Nailah, Rafael, Laura and Tauroneo

Elincia:  Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, Ike, Micaiah, Pelleas, Caineghis, Tibarn, Renning and Sanaki

Edward: Leonardo, Nolan, Tormod, Zihark and Mia

Nolan: Micaiah, Edward, Leonardo, Sothe, Aran and Tauroneo

Leonardo: Nolan, Edward, Aran

Sanaki: Sigrun, Tanith, Micaiah, Pelleas, Elincia, Tormod

Vika: Tormod, Muarim, Nealuchi, Leanne and Naesala 

Laura: Aran, Micaiah, Rhys, Mist

Pelleas: Micaiah, Tauroneo, Soren, Elincia, Sanaki

May edit in some more supports later on. 

Edited by Icelerate

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The problem with supporting Ike, Elincia and Micaiah is that they're the leaders of their respective armies, and thus are literally never deployable together until the endgame, where I'd be surprised to see any kind of supporting.

Well I did say to assume that any support is possible for the sake of this. Besides I dislike that anyway, the main characters of the game should actually interact some.

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Micaiah: Sothe, Pelleas, Nolan, Elincia, Sanaki, Ike, Soren, Stefan, Kurthnaga, Volug, Nailah, Rafael, Laura and Tauroneo

Elincia:  Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, Ike, Micaiah, Pelleas, Caineghis, Tibarn and Sanaki

Edward: Leonardo, Nolan, Tormod, Zihark and Mia

Nolan: Micaiah, Edward, Leonardo, Sothe, Aran and Tauroneo

Leonardo: Nolan, Edward, Aran

Sanaki: Sigrun, Tanith, Micaiah, Pelleas, Elincia, Tormod

Vika: Tormod, Muarim, Nealuchi, Leanne and Naesala 

Laura: Aran, Micaiah, Rhys, Mist

Pelleas: Micaiah, Tauroneo, Soren, Elincia, Sanaki

May edit in some more supports later on. 

I like all of these. I would really like to see Micaiah have some supports with Nailah, she's one of my favorite characters in RD and I wish she was around more.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but Geoffrey can barely support with Elincia as is too. They're only deployable together in 2-E and 4-E as far as I know due to Geoffrey's crappy availability :P And Geoffrey doesn't appear in the former right away. So that wouldn't stop IS. lol

Also, Tibarn is actually the leader of the Hawk Army, not Elincia. Elincia just happens to be locked there. So just unlock her and rewrite the Hawk Army scenes she showed up in to still make sense without her (like perhaps do what PoR did sometimes and have someone else take over her role if she's not there. In PoR, if certain characters died, their roles in later scenes would be filled by one of those still living. Heck, RD already did this with Callil. If she's dead or not in Ike's army, Ranulf comforts Amy instead) and bam. Just switch her over to Ike's group like the PoR old times. :P

As for supports I'd do:

Ike: Elincia, Ranulf, Zihark (wish the PoR one wasn't cut...), Lethe, Soren, Titania

Elincia: Ike, Geoffrey, Lucia, Marcia, Tibarn

Micaiah: Sothe, Edward, Nolan, Soren, Volug, Vika

Kieran: Marcia, Geoffrey, Rhys, Oscar, Brom, Nephenee

Ranulf: Lethe, Lyre, Kyza, Ike, Zihark

Marcia: Kieran, Elincia, Tanith, Sigrun, Rolf (because she supported him in PoR too)

Mist: Boyd, Rolf, Jill, Ike, Mia

Jill: Mist, Lethe, Lyre, Haar, Zihark, Fiona

I think I'll end the list there for now. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Not really a problem because endgame is 5 chapters long. These characters have four chapters to build their supports. Renault has supports despite the fact he can only grow his supports in three chapters so I don't see why RD faction leaders can't either. Sure unlocking them can be a pain but I can argue the same with many other supports from different games. 

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, Tibarn is actually the leader of the Hawk Army, not Elincia. Elincia just happens to be locked there. So just unlock her and rewrite the Hawk Army scenes she showed up in to still make sense without her (like perhaps do what PoR did sometimes and have someone else take over her role if she's not there. In PoR, if certain characters died, their roles in later scenes would be filled by one of those still living. Heck, RD already did this with Callil. If she's dead or not in Ike's army, Ranulf comforts Amy instead) and bam. Just switch her over to Ike's group like the PoR old times. :P

I have doubts that'll work out. Reason being is that Elincia absolutely HAS to be with Tibarn's group due to how his group finds Fire Emblem Hojo, I mean Izuka, which leads Elincia to be reunited with her uncle. They can't have her be apart from there when it's such an important event for Elincia, to finally have a part of her blood family be with her again.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I have doubts that'll work out. Reason being is that Elincia absolutely HAS to be with Tibarn's group due to how his group finds Fire Emblem Hojo, I mean Izuka, which leads Elincia to be reunited with her uncle. They can't have her be apart from there when it's such an important event for Elincia, to finally have a part of her blood family be with her again.

Hey, she can still be reunited with him later. It's still a big event that way. And Renning doesn't become playable until 4-E anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Not really a problem because endgame is 5 chapters long. These characters have four chapters to build their supports. Renault has supports despite the fact he can only grow his supports in three chapters so I don't see why RD faction leaders can't either. Sure unlocking them can be a pain but I can argue the same with many other supports from different games. 

Right, but IIRC, there's no base preparations/convos in the Tower, and the idea is that the army is hauling ass to the top. Not really the ideal time to sit around and have Ike reminisce with Elincia or say "Hey, I know we tried to murder each other, but we cool now?" to Micaiah

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

Right, but IIRC, there's no base preparations/convos in the Tower, and the idea is that the army is hauling ass to the top. Not really the ideal time to sit around and have Ike reminisce with Elincia or say "Hey, I know we tried to murder each other, but we cool now?" to Micaiah

While that may be true, there were conversations such as Ike and Soren's even in the tower right before fighting Ashera so I'm not sure why these conversations wouldn't work. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, she can still be reunited with him later. It's still a big event that way. And Renning doesn't become playable until 4-E anyway.

It loses impact when it happens later. If you compare the two scenarios, it would be far more meaningful for Elincia to be there when her uncle is restored to normal than for Elincia to just run into him at the end and get an explanation on what happened. 

However, that's not to say that Elincia and Ike can't have fast support growths. Some supports grow much faster than others. And there could be other chances to use Elincia and Ike together which would allow supports to be built.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

It loses impact when it happens later. If you compare the two scenarios, it would be far more meaningful for Elincia to be there when her uncle is restored to normal than for Elincia to just run into him at the end and get an explanation on what happened. 

However, that's not to say that Elincia and Ike can't have fast support growths. Some supports grow much faster than others. And there could be other chances to use Elincia and Ike together which would allow supports to be built.

Then how about this: Change it to where the group that finds Renning depends on which one Elincia is in. That way, she's always there regardless of which army she's put in. And each group has to have a heron too, I believe, so there would also always be someone there to restore him too.

But true, yeah.

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

All of that is still there. The only thing that's different is that all the characters you didn't pick for 4-E-1 (and the items they were holding) are gone forever afterwards, but you can still have base conversations and even build/break supports. Some supports with paired endings like Elincia x Geoffrey and Lucia x Bastian pretty much force you to use the tower to buiild them.

There's also that base convo where Micaiah actually takes the time to tell her and Sothe's whole backstory to Ike in the tower (which I believe is one of the longest in the game).

Just now, Jave said:

All of that is still there. The only thing that's different is that all the characters you didn't pick for 4-E-1 (and the items they were holding) are gone forever afterwards, but you can still have base conversations and even build/break supports. Some supports with paired endings like Elincia x Geoffrey and Lucia x Bastian pretty much force you to use the tower to buiild them.

There's also that base convo where Micaiah actually takes the time to tell her and Sothe's whole backstory to Ike in the tower (which I believe is one of the longest in the game).

I somehow completely blanked on that. I've always remembered the Tower as "Oh shit guys, there's a Goddess that wants to purge humanity at the top, we need to plow through these guys ASAP."

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then how about this: Change it to where the group that finds Renning depends on which one Elincia is in. That way, she's always there regardless of which army she's put in. And each group has to have a heron too, I believe, so there would also always be someone there to restore him too.

But true, yeah.

That's something that would require a lot of rewrites, and I doubt that any Radiant Dawn remake will ever allow for those kinds of changes. Gaiden could have many things changed and altered because of how the game's story wasn't nearly as developed back then. Tricky business there. 

Elincia: Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, Renning, Brom, Calill, Micaiah, Sanaki, Tibarn, Leanne, and Pelleas

Micaiah: Probably everyone in the orginal Dawn Brigade, Jill, Nailah, Volug, Elincia, Sanaki, and Pelleas

Dont really have much of a preference for Ike tbh.

So what would everyone want to see out of these supports? Like what conversations would you want to take place?

For example, I'd like for Sanaki and Micaiah to discuss their pasts (and Micaiah trying to kill her cause that's still a thing) and slowly developing a bond. I mean they are sisters...

Ike and Elincia would be interesting because I didn't have the opportunity to play PoR and would like to see some interaction between them that leads to so many people shipping them. It doesn't have to be anything romantic for me personally, but I can see them doing that.

Micaiah and Elincia would be interesting to me because they're similar and yet very different. Elincia's been a ruler for far longer and while Pelleas is technically king (if you don't kill him off), lets be honest Micaiah is the real ruler of Daein. It would be interesting for those two to become friends and eventual allies after the whole war.

Ike and Micaiah is where it really gets interesting for me because the few conversations they do have that aren't "Stop!" "I can't!" are really interesting. I think it would take some more in-game stuff to make supports between these two work but I would really like to see them get over being enemies at first (and Micaiah's whole resentment of him which she does get over but that needs to be explained other than one "Oh Sothe was right, you're not that bad" thing). These two are the main characters of the game (Yune doesn't count) and it's odd that they have virtually no interactions. Also it would be nice for Micaiah to have someone that isn't Sothe that she wouldn't have to fear her past and history bothering too much.

1 minute ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Ike and Elincia would be interesting because I didn't have the opportunity to play PoR and would like to see some interaction between them that leads to so many people shipping them. It doesn't have to be anything romantic for me personally, but I can see them doing that.

If I had to make a general idea on how their support would go, their C support would be likely talking about the current situation and how tough it is, but also having a little chat as well. B will be with Elincia reminiscing something from the past and feeling a little down, and Ike shows a sign of comfort that can be seen as either platonic or romantic depending on the viewer. Then A will be about Elincia asking Ike what he intends to do in the future after the battle and have a heart of heart moment. Elincia could make a small indication that she has feelings for Ike here, like maybe she wants to tell him something after the war. A supports in Radiant Dawn leads to paired endings after all, so this could be it.

5 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So what would everyone want to see out of these supports? Like what conversations would you want to take place?

For example, I'd like for Sanaki and Micaiah to discuss their pasts (and Micaiah trying to kill her cause that's still a thing) and slowly developing a bond. I mean they are sisters...

Micaiah and Elincia would be interesting to me because they're similar and yet very different. Elincia's been a ruler for far longer and while Pelleas is technically king (if you don't kill him off), lets be honest Micaiah is the real ruler of Daein. It would be interesting for those two to become friends and eventual allies after the whole war.

Ike and Micaiah is where it really gets interesting for me because the few conversations they do have that aren't "Stop!" "I can't!" are really interesting. I think it would take some more in-game stuff to make supports between these two work but I would really like to see them get over being enemies at first (and Micaiah's whole resentment of him which she does get over but that needs to be explained other than one "Oh Sothe was right, you're not that bad" thing). These two are the main characters of the game (Yune doesn't count) and it's odd that they have virtually no interactions. Also it would be nice for Micaiah to have someone that isn't Sothe that she wouldn't have to fear her past and history bothering too much.

Most of the Ike/Elincia stuff was just localization, and honestly, even in the english version, I personally dont see what the big deal is. Those 2 are more interesting to me platonically anyway.

Micaiah and Elincia is one I really want to see though. For many of the reason you listed. 

Ike should apologize to Micaiah for what happened to Daein after PoR. Sure he didn't intend or know this would happen but it is still his fault indirectly. Though Micaiah would have to apologize to Ike for part 3 as well since it was technically an unprovoked war of aggression on Micaiah's part. 

12 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Most of the Ike/Elincia stuff was just localization, and honestly, even in the english version, I personally dont see what the big deal is. Those 2 are more interesting to me platonically anyway.

Yeah, but there was still some stuff that was in the Japanese version too, like that final cutscene. Elincia holds Ike's hand close to her, then they're holding hands and walking onto the balcony! And it was honestly enough for me to start seriously shipping them. I liked their interactions a lot before, but this scene was the main thing that turned me into a huge fan of the pairing because of how it's just so darned cute and touching.

Also, RD has Elincia's deathquotes. She mentions Ike more than anybody else in those throughout both games, in fact, and she even does so when Geoffrey is present. I don't know if these were localization though...

I also wouldn't be surprised to see IS include Ike and Elincia as a possible pairing in a remake after how popular it became. And because of how marriage happy they seem to be lately with this series. xP

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If I had to make a general idea on how their support would go, their C support would be likely talking about the current situation and how tough it is, but also having a little chat as well. B will be with Elincia reminiscing something from the past and feeling a little down, and Ike shows a sign of comfort that can be seen as either platonic or romantic depending on the viewer. Then A will be about Elincia asking Ike what he intends to do in the future after the battle and have a heart of heart moment. Elincia could make a small indication that she has feelings for Ike here, like maybe she wants to tell him something after the war. A supports in Radiant Dawn leads to paired endings after all, so this could be it.

This sounds about right to me, yeah.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but there was still some stuff that was in the Japanese version too, like that final cutscene. Elincia holds Ike's hand close to her, then they're holding hands and walking onto the balcony! And it was honestly enough for me to start seriously shipping them. I liked their interactions a lot before, but this scene was the main thing that turned me into a huge fan of the pairing because of how it's just so darned cute and touching.

Also, RD has Elincia's deathquotes. She mentions Ike more than anybody else in those throughout both games, in fact, and she even does so when Geoffrey is present. I don't know if these were localization though...

I also wouldn't be surprised to see IS include Ike and Elincia as a possible pairing in a remake after how popular it became. And because of how marriage happy they seem to be lately with this series. xP

This sounds about right to me, yeah.

I actually found it interesting that Ike was oblivious to romance and sexual desires so adding pairings would "ruin" his character for me. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Ike should apologize to Micaiah for what happened to Daein after PoR. Sure he didn't intend or know this would happen but it is still his fault indirectly. Though Micaiah would have to apologize to Ike for part 3 as well since it was technically an unprovoked war of aggression on Micaiah's part. 

I don't know if they should apologize... I mean things like this are facts of war, no matter how horrible it might be and Tellius has always struck me as a more realistic view on war despite its fantastical elements. Those should definitely be acknowledged though. Neither of them have ever come across as people that like war but it's still something that should be a lesson to them both. Ike seeing that his actions did cause hundreds, if not thousands, of innocent people to suffer no matter his intentions and for Micaiah to see that in her desperation she really hurt people that she didn't intend to hurt. Of course it seems like Micaiah has more... issues over her actions than Ike, she's not cut out for war I don't think. But in the end both of them were involved in wars and that needs to be acknowledged too.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I actually found it interesting that Ike was oblivious to romance and sexual desires so adding pairings would "ruin" his character for me. 

I can see this. But it's the opposite for me. I feel like Ike growing out of that obliviousness and all would be neat and even potentially amusing character development for him. :P