FEBuilderGBA

Kirb1337

This may sound like a selfish request, but is it possible to have a version that doesn't require a pre-existing ROM? I want to make fan games and the videos I've seen show how good the tool is, but because of the legal problems with owning ROMS of already existing games, I don't want to upset my parents by using this. I would just like to be able to use this in a more legal way, and I know projects like FeXP and FEXNA exist, but those require other programs, one that requires money the other that doesn't work on Windows 10 (and also isn't out). I don't mind if you can't and again this sounds really selfish, but I would like if you could do it.

As I wrote the last sentence I realized something, can you just add a "build from scratch" option?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CNU

Owning ROMs isn't illegal; downloading them off the internet is. There are plenty of legal ways of acquiring ROMs. Google "how to dump GBA roms" and you're sure to find something you can do. It may cost some money, but if you want to do things 100% legally, that's unavoidable.

Ironically, adding a "build from scratch" option to this program would be illegal, as this just changes data that is already there in a ROM. A "build from scratch" option would have to include the entire ROM with the download.

I have trying this one a bit, and I find it quite easy to use to beginners.

But I'm stuck with a thing and I cannot find a solution anywhere, sorry if this has been asked before.

When I expand the classes with the patch, I don't know how to properly add a class. I mean, in the class editor, the last one is de 7F Pupil, and I don't know how to find a way to have more than that. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Cygnus_Harvey said:

I have trying this one a bit, and I find it quite easy to use to beginners.

But I'm stuck with a thing and I cannot find a solution anywhere, sorry if this has been asked before.

When I expand the classes with the patch, I don't know how to properly add a class. I mean, in the class editor, the last one is de 7F Pupil, and I don't know how to find a way to have more than that. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Don't. It's extremely buggy and it messes up your game. Don't use it.

• 1 month later...

Im having a bug where i get this error message that won't let me do anything unless i close the program without getting a chance to save my work. Im afraid of losing hours of work so im hoping someone knows how to fix this.

8b0804df9b05dd4543dd01916e60f2de.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to expand the weapon triangle to have the heroes version where magic is mixed in with physical weapons, but there doesn't seem to be an extend list button on the weapon triangle settings. Anyone know a work around/can I request an extend list button in the weapon triangle settings for future updates?

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded several different versions but unable to receive the .exe file to actually run the program. Every other file downloads fine. I thought it may be because of my anti-virus (avast) but I attempted to download 3 times with no anti-virus and still the .exe file is nowhere to be found. Is there any way for me to be able to get this single file without having to re-download again? 

Correct. I don't have any "application" files, AKA the executable file needed to open the program. Yet I have every other file. But even after disabling my anti-virus, I checked the virus vault to see if it deleted the file but it did not. So I don't know if it is not being extracted from the .zip or if it is being deleted upon download.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great looking program. 

I apologize if this is a silly question, but is it possible to edit the level cap of a class using this program? I'd like to make it so that the Lords who have to wait around awhile for promotion can get some extra level ups. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 3:53 AM, Nehpets700 said:

This is a great looking program. 

I apologize if this is a silly question, but is it possible to edit the level cap of a class using this program? I'd like to make it so that the Lords who have to wait around awhile for promotion can get some extra level ups. 

I believe there is a patch included that will allow you to select individual classes and increase their cap. There should also be a global level cap patch.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

First of all I'd like to say this is a wonderful tool.

I'd like to know if it's possible to rename AI's, for example if I were to make a custom AI and want to rename it, to remember what it does.

When I use the extend list button, the newly created ones are called something like  "Additional AI: xx".

Is there any way to rename them?

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, and I would be happy if you could redirect me to a Q&A forum about this if this isn't the place to ask, but I've run into two errors concerning an fe8 rom hack I've been making.
1: Several of my magic using characters are displaying the "STR" stat instead of "MAG", and display physical weapon levels instead of the magic weapon levels. Is there any reason for this? None of them have physical weapon levels, btw.
2: I'm modding Sacred Stones, and I replaced several of the characters with my own. Everything was working fine until the chapter where Moulder and Vanessa are recruited. Instead of being replaced with a Wyvern Lord and Troubador, they were the same classes as before, a Priest (Moulder) and a Pegasus Knight (Vanessa), and their inventory was completely unchanged. Even more curiously, the unit portraits, base stats, and growth rates were all changed according to what I had inputted. This led me to believe it was something I had forgotten to change in the Unit Placer, but I checked both the character editor and unit placer and nothing seemed out of place. Could you please get back to me on these issues, or redirect me somewhere where these questions could be answered?

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 3:02 AM, STRONG AND TOUGH said:

I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, and I would be happy if you could redirect me to a Q&A forum about this if this isn't the place to ask, but I've run into two errors concerning an fe8 rom hack I've been making.
1: Several of my magic using characters are displaying the "STR" stat instead of "MAG", and display physical weapon levels instead of the magic weapon levels. Is there any reason for this? None of them have physical weapon levels, btw.
2: I'm modding Sacred Stones, and I replaced several of the characters with my own. Everything was working fine until the chapter where Moulder and Vanessa are recruited. Instead of being replaced with a Wyvern Lord and Troubador, they were the same classes as before, a Priest (Moulder) and a Pegasus Knight (Vanessa), and their inventory was completely unchanged. Even more curiously, the unit portraits, base stats, and growth rates were all changed according to what I had inputted. This led me to believe it was something I had forgotten to change in the Unit Placer, but I checked both the character editor and unit placer and nothing seemed out of place. Could you please get back to me on these issues, or redirect me somewhere where these questions could be answered?

I believe FE universe or FE universe's discord would be a better place to ask. As for number 1, I would not know. For number 2, technically Vanessa and Moulder are recruited before chapter two. They are recruited on the world map. I am unsure how to change their classes and inventory, but it might involve chapter one's end event. You will have ask around in the previously mentioned places, as I am not an expert on this. 

• 1 month later...

Requesting Assistance/Guidance

Reguarding Support Convo's and Supporting Partner tools within FEbuilderGBA

Goal: Creating Convo between Matthew (Char hex BDD534) and Leila (Char hex BDD9AC) within FE7

I recognize the new hex address for an additional Support would be CA02F0, which immediately proceeds CA02DC (Legault and Isadora), my issue is I'm unaware of how much data I'm to secure for a single new convo slot. This shouldn't be an issue of extending past the hard locked max of 7 convos per unit, as Matthew has only 6 convos. I'm simply a green horn regarding this application, and there seems to be no published tutorial resources regarding the use off this feature within the programs pages or youtube. Please excuse my ignorance, thank you.

Screenshot (18).png

7 hours ago, phriendlybear said:

Requesting Assistance/Guidance

Reguarding Support Convo's and Supporting Partner tools within FEbuilderGBA

Goal: Creating Convo between Matthew (Char hex BDD534) and Leila (Char hex BDD9AC) within FE7

I recognize the new hex address for an additional Support would be CA02F0, which immediately proceeds CA02DC (Legault and Isadora), my issue is I'm unaware of how much data I'm to secure for a single new convo slot. This shouldn't be an issue of extending past the hard locked max of 7 convos per unit, as Matthew has only 6 convos. I'm simply a green horn regarding this application, and there seems to be no published tutorial resources regarding the use off this feature within the programs pages or youtube. Please excuse my ignorance, thank you.

Screenshot (18).png

Just hit extend list and under "Total Number of New Data to Secure", make it 1 higher than "Number of Existing Data". This will give you one extra support convo option. You don't need to worry about the hex address, that will be filled automatically. Just change the support partners to who you want and find some empty strings to put the convo into and you're golden.

Thanks for this. I found my way to FEUniverse's discord and they pointed me in the right direction. Started working on a tweaked FE7 rom 24 hours ago, Leila doesn't get killed by Jaffar this time. Btw your signature is hilarious and true.

29 minutes ago, phriendlybear said:

Thanks for this. I found my way to FEUniverse's discord and they pointed me in the right direction. Started working on a tweaked FE7 rom 24 hours ago, Leila doesn't get killed by Jaffar this time. Btw your signature is hilarious and true.

Thank you. Always happy to help.

Tried searching for an answer but couldn't find one.

How do you extend the Item Icon List Length on Binding Blade and Blazing Sword? The patch doesn't seem to do anything, it works for Sacred Stones, but not 6 and 7.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

I've been working on a few custom animations and wanted to put them in FE6 through FEBuilder with a few custom SFX aswell. However, I've been having a probelm. I cannot understand how the 48 command hack works. I simply don't know how use the command to play my audio.

ANY help would be quite useful, since I've only started hacking a little while ago.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Uh hi. FE rom hack noob here. 

I downloaded Febuildergba and can't seem to switch the language over to English. The program says it is in English in the settings menu, but it is not. A big yellow box pops up that says something when I try to switch the language, but alas, not in English, so ai can't read it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm making an original level using Fire Emblem builder. It has a gate that an ally is standing on to defend, but for some reason it only restores 1hp each turn. Anyone know why they might be or any place I can edit it? I'm using the Gaiden Magic patch if that makes any difference (it seems to cause some strange random things to happen).