Better late than never

NewTypeEldie

Hey guys, hows it going! I just thought I should actually introduce myself now even though it's been almost a year since I've been on the site.  The majority of my posts as of yet have been Genealogy related, so you could probably guess that's my favorite game.

I guess as a preface I should explain my history with FE and why I'm here in the first place, so I'll make it quick. I started the series by playing Blazing Sword on the vizzed website around 2009 or 2010. I had heard of Fire Emblem before, especially through smash and reading through the wiki at the time, but I hadn't had a complete experience with it until I played FE7. After beating it sometime around 2011, the news for Awakening came out so I had a reason to stay with the series. I had picked up Sacred Stones and Binding Blade at the time but I didn't actually complete Sacred Stones until somewhat recently. I got hooked with Awakening(although I realize it wasn't the best FE game) and continued on playing a little bit of the other games. Once I played Genealogy of the Holy War I knew I had to talk about it, and what better place than here.

In terms of being on Serenes Forest, I had seen it several times before but it wasn't until I had the burning desire to read and write about FE4 that I got particularly interested. So here I am, gushing about a 20 year old game that I doubt a third of the current fan base has even played. 

This was a bit long but just to put myself out there, just fulfilling some formalities and such. I guess I'll talk more about myself if people ask but that's all I have for now.

P.S. If you wanna gush about FE4 I'm your man!

Hiya! Your history with the series sounds very much like mine. My 1st game being Blazing Sword, then some sacred stones and really enjoying both. Awakening (despite it's flaws) was what really solidified my love for the series.

I was always very interested in what I heard about Genealogy, so I downloaded  it and have been in love ever since I started (it's definitely my favorite). I'm also new to posting on SF and I'd  love to talk about anything FE4. I'll talk about plot and characters and frustration for hours.

5 minutes ago, Shinwoo said:

Hiya! Your history with the series sounds very much like mine. My 1st game being Blazing Sword, then some sacred stones and really enjoying both. Awakening (despite it's flaws) was what really solidified my love for the series.

I was always very interested in what I heard about Genealogy, so I downloaded  it and have been in love ever since I started (it's definitely my favorite). I'm also new to posting on SF and I'd  love to talk about anything FE4. I'll talk about plot and characters and frustration for hours.

It sounds like we're two of a kind! I forgot to mention that I got Shadows of Valentia on release and I honestly think it's the height of the series right now. Second to FE4 obviously. 

On a side note you should check out the Oosawa manga if you haven't already. Excellent side material to the game.

I completely agree about SoV. I think its the best (least flawed) game of the series, even though Genealogy's still my fav. But FE15 has got the advantage of being a remake that was meant to improve upon Gaiden. So here's for desperately praying to the IntSys Gods for Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy!

And yea I love the Oosawa manga! Though I've weirdly read only from the Silesse Arc to the most recent update. One day I'll read it completely. I'm really sad to hear that the translation team is going on hiatus if I heard that right. I'd also like to find the Nea Fuyuki manga too, but I've had no luck.