Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Just saw a massive wave of Team Soren peeps screamin hate on Takumi and his Team. (tumblr this time) Reasons varied from hating the character, to hating the game, mostly the new games and fans in general. Seriously Team Soren, you did great beating Ryouma. Please just calm down and let's all laugh about the silliness of this vg, okay?

And wow, Shanna won. Surprising considering how much J-fen loves Amelia.

You people just love to victimize yourself don't you?

I haven't seen a single Soren fan send any hate to Takumi, Soren's the one getting massive hate tbh.

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Er...I don't really think so. By the time you do trainee loops you can grind gold in the world map and then buy stat boosters for everyone (or you can arena abuse until you hit the gold cap, that works too), which makes everyone OP. Unlike Ross who comes super early and is waaay better than Dozla as a Berserker or Ewan who has a better class, Amelia doesn't bring anything useful. As a Cavalier Franz and Seth outclass her and as a General she's nerfing herself with that awful movement. Although I'll admit a pink general wielding a chain axe is pretty awesome.

Idk maybe its just nostalgia trolling me, but everytime i trained Amelia, it wasn't very hard and she always turned out solid. And i never did the super trainee thing except for ewan once because i thought a Druid in red and blue looked silly.

Not gonna lie, bad fans and bad fanfics turned me off from Ike/Soren as a pairing. PoR was my first Fire Emblem game, and I'd gotten it relatively late compared to its release, and Ike/Soren was probably the last Ike support chain I completed. So I had no idea why people were pairing Ike and Soren together, and ... well, let's just say that a lot of romance fanfics suck for a reason, and yaoi fics are all kind of the same. And awful for the same reasons.

My friend who was on team Soren says he's going to join team Takumi, because "I join the team that beats mine".

Edited by Sunwoo

Spent my flags on earlier multipliers this round just to make sure I use them all on a multiplier. Rank 1555 on Team Shanna. Definitely didn't expect yet another win. I was uh...planning on joining Soren in round 2 and Takumi in 3, but I didn't get either option due to being on a team that keeps cheesing wins. 

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Spent my flags on earlier multipliers this round just to make sure I use them all on a multiplier. Rank 1555 on Team Shanna. Definitely didn't expect yet another win. I was uh...planning on joining Soren in round 2 and Takumi in 3, but I didn't get either option due to being on a team that keeps cheesing wins. 

and now hopefully we stay on a team that wins all 3 and we get an underdog victory.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh my mistake I didn’t realize you were discussing ladies in general

Nah, no need to apologise. I’m just pretty damn biased towards lady paladins, is all. Because come on, lady paladins.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Well, usually I don't see too much hate in the tags, but I guess I caught onto some people at a bad time. And I knlw, that's usually the case. Vocal minority and everything, I totally get that.

Because they're worth it.

Ok cesspool was too strong of a word, but certain tumblr users tend to overreact to these kinds of things. The userbase is generally pretty young (?), so things can get out of hand when fictional characters are involved lol

yes.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not gonna lie, bad fans and bad fanfics turned me off from Ike/Soren as a pairing. PoR was my first Fire Emblem game, and I'd gotten it relatively late compared to its release, and Ike/Soren was probably the last Ike support chain I completed. So I had no idea why people were pairing Ike and Soren together, and ... well, let's just say that a lot of romance fanfics suck for a reason, and yaoi fics are all kind of the same. And awful for the same reasons.

I really like Ike and Soren's relationship, but a lot of Ike/Soren fanfics really really bother me...especially in how they characterize Soren 

15 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

You people just love to victimize yourself don't you?

I haven't seen a single Soren fan send any hate to Takumi, Soren's the one getting massive hate tbh.

"I hope all of Team Takumi just choke" "I swear to god I'll kill Takumi in RL. He's fucking overrated trash."

We all live in our own glass bottles I suppose. I haven't seen any hate for Soren, mostly because I don't go out of my way to look for it/don't move in his part of the fandom. Doesn't mean I doubt that there's people out there doing it. There's bad apples in every fandom. But I guess I am part of "those people" so my words can't be trusted or whatever. *shrug*

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, no need to apologise. I’m just pretty damn biased towards lady paladins, is all. Because come on, lady paladins.

Fair enough, although other than Mathilda and Titania I can’t really think of many kickass female paladins ( I guess isadora exists but I never bothered)

7 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

I really like Ike and Soren's relationship, but a lot of Ike/Soren fanfics really really bother me...especially in how they characterize Soren 

To be fair that’s more of a problem with fanfic/yaoi in general rather than exclusive to Ike/Soren but yeah being the pretty boy he is Soren is doomed to bad characterization.

Here’s my heroes ID by the way so if you want to add me 3467843743 :lol:

Currently have Camus as the lead and thinking of going to team Shanna the underdog now that Soren lost

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

"I hope all of Team Takumi just choke" "I swear to god I'll kill Takumi in RL. He's fucking overrated trash."

We all live in our own glass bottles I suppose. I haven't seen any hate for Soren, mostly because I don't go out of my way to look for it/don't move in his part of the fandom. Doesn't mean I doubt that there's people out there doing it. There's bad apples in every fandom. But I guess I am part of "those people" so my words can't be trusted or whatever. *shrug*

I'm sorry but I have a Twitter account, Tumblr account and reddit account and being a fan of both Soren and Takumi, I've been going through their tags multiple time during this entire gauntlet and only saw people bashing Soren.

Also two people do not define the entire fandom remember that.

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

"those people" so my words can't be trusted or whatever. *shrug*

And just stop please, I'm a fan of both the 3ds and older games. 

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Fair enough, although other than Mathilda and Titania I can’t really think of many kickass female paladins ( I guess isadora exists but I never bothered)

The reason I love the FE series is that (almost) everyone playable can be made to kick ass. Curiously enough, Binding Blade is the only FE without a pre-promoted or potential lady paladin. (It balances it out by including Echidna the heroine.)

Just now, Skylorella Con said:

I'm sorry but I have a Twitter account, Tumblr account and reddit account and being a fan of both Soren and Takumi, I've been going through their tags multiple time during this entire gauntlet and only saw people bashing Soren.

Also two people do not define the entire fandom remember that.

And just stop please, I'm a fan of both the 3ds and older games. 

Well then I am glad you didn't, I just can't say the same personally. 

And I am very well aware. That's why I said "bad apples" and "vocal minority", please stop putting words in my mouth. Btw, these two were just examples, not the totality of it. Now can you stop treating me like shit for daring to challenge your views on the situation with my own experiences?

I too like both older and new games, I am just tired of the arguments. Also you were the one addressing me as "you people".

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The reason I love the FE series is that (almost) everyone playable can be made to kick ass. Curiously enough, Binding Blade is the only FE without a pre-promoted or potential lady paladin. (It balances it out by including Echidna the heroine.)

Truer words have never been spoken. I actually didn’t know Binding Blade was the only one without potential female paladins. I just figured most pre-localized FE’s lacked them. Neat

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Now can you stop treating me like shit for daring to challenge your views on the situation with my own experiences?

Really sweetheart? I was not aware I was treating you like shit? *Sheesh* All I did was counter your arguments.

But you're right, discussing on this topic further is pointless.

Edited by Skylorella Con

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I actually didn’t know Binding Blade was the only one without potential female paladins. I just figured most pre-localized FE’s lacked them. Neat

Yep, I recently went through the list of the games and got pleasantly surprised.

Disregarding MUs and reclassing, 1/11 has Midia; 2/15 has Mathilda; 3/12 has Cecil and Midia again; 4 has Ethlyn, Nanna, and Jeanne; 5 has Nanna again and Amalda; 7 has Isadora; 8 has Amelia; 9 has Titania and Astrid; 10 has Titania and Astria again and Fiona; 13 has Sully; 14 has Peri and Sophie.

At least one per game on average!

4 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Really sweetheart? I was not aware I was treated you like shit? *Sheesh* All I did was counter your arguments because I had valid proof.

But you're right, discussing on this topic further is pointless.

So " I checked twitter tags a couple times, just trust me" = valid proof.

... Okay. I can certainly see there's no point in continuing this. lol

Alright @Vaximillian (& other team Shanna folk on my list), I decided that you’re getting my Jeorge, at least for the first 7 hours-ish. The short-haired lady will be supported by the long-haired gent (I count that ponytail or w/e that is as long hair)!

As always, I’m up for receiving or sending friend requests if asked.

And now, I’ma go play some more Conquest until the round starts. I saw some Elise talk earlier in this thread and it really made me want to start another run lol (Bolt Axe Elise for president).

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Alright @Vaximillian (& other team Shanna folk on my list), I decided that you’re getting my Jeorge, at least for the first 7 hours-ish. The short-haired lady will be supported by the long-haired gent (I count that ponytail or w/e that is as long hair)!

Getting Jeorge will help with the grey quests, that’s for sure. And if Soren’s ponytail counts, so does Jeorge’s.

Well, shame that Soren lost (I'm never very good at picking VG teams...), but I guess I'll be going to Shanna next! I don't have a good direct bow counter, so I think I'll just keep Clarisse up as my lead for now, if anyone that's on my Friend List is okay with that. Feel free to request other colors at any time, though.

I'm a bit disappointed at Team Amelia's loss, but I'll be joining Team Shanna for the finals. If Team Amelia could have rallied just a bit harder on the last two multipliers or if Team Shanna didn't just barely give Team Amelia a multiplier after hour 41, the match would have been in the bag for Team Amelia. I can only assume we ran out of flags not expecting that many multipliers at the end.

Since I don't have the motivation to actually build a Shanna, I'll probably just level one up to level 40, give her the Guidance seal and Reposition, and just user her as a transporter.

56 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

To be fair that’s more of a problem with fanfic/yaoi in general rather than exclusive to Ike/Soren but yeah being the pretty boy he is Soren is doomed to bad characterization.

Here’s my heroes ID by the way so if you want to add me 3467843743 :lol:

Currently have Camus as the lead and thinking of going to team Shanna the underdog now that Soren lost

Yeah lol it's mostly a yaoi problem.

I'm going team Takumi since I like prickly characters ^^ added you anyway though! My lead is Bridelia. (assuming you were talking to me)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm a bit disappointed at Team Amelia's loss, but I'll be joining Team Shanna for the finals. If Team Amelia could have rallied just a bit harder on the last two multipliers or if Team Shanna didn't just barely give Team Amelia a multiplier after hour 41, the match would have been in the bag for Team Amelia. I can only assume we ran out of flags not expecting that many multipliers at the end.

Well its nice to have you on our side after you thought she was gonna lose twice in a row XD lets see if we can get her the gauntlet win.