Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I hope Shanna dies in the fiery depths of hell. She deserves it, for winning so unfairly. In fact, If I ever play FE6, I will let her die. After all, what is the point of using a bad unit.

Yep, and here we go again. Not cool, dude. Not cool.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Hey, Shanna won fair and square given the rules of the game. This is not a popularity contest.

I was on Team Shanna and this was anything but fair.  This thing is so unfair it might as well not even be called a game.  

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Hey, Shanna won fair and square given the rules of the game. This is not a popularity contest.

But isn't this supposed to be a popularity contest? After all, that's what it is supposed to be. The multiplier turned it into something completely different. You're just trying to brag about winning while making it sound like something else

EMBRACE THE NEW DAWN - VICTORY TO ALL THE BOYS - BLESS WHOMSTEVER COMES INTO CONTACT WITH THE FORGIVENESS QUEEN - THE CYAN HEARTS LEAD THE WAY TO NEW DAWN OF ACCEPTANCE - BLESS ALL THE MIGHTY WARRIORS WHO FOUGHT TO FORGE THE WORLD TO NEW ERA - GLORY TO GOD AND GLORY TO THE HAKUNA MATATA - NO HARD THE FEELINGS NAMASTE ON AND WORK HARDER

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How am I supposed to enjoy my teams losing constantly? Takumi winning the second round here was the only time that had happened for me since CYL.

Losing is part of playing the game? I'm not saying you should be happy when you lose. I've been on plenty of losing teams in games in irl, and it sucks. At least in this mode you still get rewards and the opportunity to use your friends' characters. The latter is why I play. But only enjoying things when you win isn't good sportsmanship. The VG is flawed. Send in feedback and voice your opinion to the people who can fix it. XD That won't guarantee you get to be on the winning team though.

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Maybe VG changes will be announced in the next FEH channel.

It might be a little soon. But I hope it at least gets addressed before next month.

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Wait how did Shanna win? Weren't we behind last hour and wasn't our team smaller, how did we out gain the pineapple 

My guess? Team Takumi used all of their flags early, knowing they wouldn't get many multipliers, while Team Shanna held onto them and thus had enough to dump them into the final push.

2 minutes ago, thatsleepyguy said:

How tf did Shanna win due to multiplier shenanigans when we didn't have multipliers for like the past 6 hours

Because she won Round 2 vs. Amelia solely to a multiplier. No multiplier there = no Shanna win = no Shanna in Round 3 vs. Takumi = no win vs. Takumi.

I wonder if the Japanese community is pissed, celebrating, or split like we are. Since they have IS's ear better than us, maybe we'll see more gauntlet changes if they're not happy. 

I joined Shanna in the beginning as a feather mercenary because I really stopped caring about VG after the last one, so I can't really say I'm incredibly happy about her victory.

Just incredibly shocked.

HOW

I guess not spending those flags on the earlier multipliers was a boon :/

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Shanna won because of pity points. Regardless of rules, I personally don't consider that "fair".

It's how the game works. It's probably the most "fair" the game can be without it being a popularity contest. If you want to argue the rules of the game are unfair, that's a totally different topic.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then it shouldn't be called a voting gauntlet anymore.

I mean, technically, it was never a voting gauntlet since you moreso battle to collect points, not make one single vote.

That being said, at least research evidence for "rigging" before you make the accusation.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats to Shanna.  I'm not a fan of the multiplier, but everyone knows my stance by now, and even though I won, it feels hollow.

Ryoma just as easily could have got screwed over by the multiplier.

Come to think of it, were there more upsets than the bigger team winning this gauntlet?

Wasn't Shanna the lowest vote getter in the first round or at least close?

Ryoma's team would have been too big. He had more supporters than anyone. Remember SGaius? I think if Ryoma made it, he would have had too much points for Shanna to ever even reach over. Who knows.... I just feel like the real winner is Soren tbh

and yes this is the most screwage in one gauntlet ever, and first time the biggest team died first round

so is it a popularity contest or isn't it ya fucking goons

the first gauntlet sucked because there was absolutely no reason to throw in with your fave over the obvious favorite

in this gauntlet, the fave won over the obvious favorite

that's literally better than the inevitable shit of the first vg where you'd throw in and wait for 36 hours to inevitably lose

I really wanted Soren to win, but then thought since Takumi beat him, he would certainly beat Shanna... Either way, GG Team Shanna! And I ended up pulling a +ATK - HP Shanna on the Free pull, so clearly, it's fate.

This gauntlet was a little silly, all things considered... it was the battle of the haircuts, after all, if anything some weirdness might have been caused by lack of interest. Hopefully the next one will prompt more!

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I hope Shanna dies in the fiery depths of hell. She deserves it, for winning so unfairly. In fact, If I ever play FE6, I will let her die. After all, what is the point of using a bad unit.

jfc i think you've got bigger problems than taco

17 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Shanna won.  Triple upset.

Whoa, what a pleasant surprise (since I'm in team Shanna)! Though Takumi can still brag to Nohrian Scum Leo that he made it to the final round.

Though it doesn't change the fact that this VG did not feel hype to me at all.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Sproutling said:

You've repeated ad nauseam your personal considerations many times now, I think we all understand.

I would stop if I didn't keep seeing reasons to bring it up over and over again! Besides, I have not personally insulted anyone here, I am within my rights to repeat what I need to for as long as I feel it is necessary.

SWIM AWAY HATERS THE ONLY WINNER HERE IS JUSTICE - PARTY TIMES IN THE MIGHTY DISCORD AS ALL EMBRACE THE NEW REALITY - THE CYAN QUEEN LOVES ALL THOSE WHO EMBRACE THE RESULT - NO TIME FOR THOSE WHO ONLY CARE TO SHIT ON THE NEW DAWN - FLY AWAY TROLLS, NO PLACE FOR YOU IN THE NEW ORDER - WHERE WE THE CYAN HEARTS - THE BRAVE RED WHOMNOKAS - THE THICC MIDGET BLONDES - THE MIGHTY SMALL STORM BOYS - THE PRAWN KNIGHT SQUAD - THE GLAMROCK TROPICS - THE LONG AND SMALL SHADOWS MANS - ALL JOIN TOGETHER IN NEW ORTHODOXY - LOVE CONQUERS ALL - YEAH THE BOYS!!!

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Eh, you just sound like a poor sport at the moment. I mean, I would have been satisfied with either winning, but claiming something is rigged just because you don't like the result is pretty juvenile.

But it is, in fact, rigged.  The multiplier is something that no individual player has any meaningful control over and it creates perverse incentives to maximize rewards.  The multiplier is the very definition of rigging a game.  What else do you call giving one team more points because they are losing?

While I don't think it's worth getting that mad about, I also don't think there's anything positive that comes from the VG. 

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

I joined Shanna in the beginning as a feather mercenary because I really stopped caring about VG after the last one, so I can't really say I'm incredibly happy about her victory.

Just incredibly shocked.

HOW

I guess not spending those flags on the earlier multipliers was a boon :/

Shanna has an eye for good Mercs! Congrats. ;):

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Wait how did Shanna win? Weren't we behind last hour and wasn't our team smaller, how did we out gain the pineapple 

Most of Team Shanna seemed to have stocked up on flags hoping to capitalize on late multipliers (like me). However, once it became clear we would be getting absolutely NO multipliers,  a lot of us hit panic mode and just spammed everything at the end.

I'm guessing most of Team Takumi spent their flags on early mulipliers because they're rarer for the larger team, meaning they didn't have enough ammunition to counter