Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, MisfitMiju said:

Ok rigging implies that someone i.e Intelligent Systems went out of their way to insure a particular person was guaranteed to succeed which isn't the case it's a coin toss. The victor cannot be rigged if nobody knows who can will wind up benefiting from it and how it may contribute in the fight. Also the multiplier wasn't active for 10 hours so there is no point in saying it was rigged in her favor

the 0.1 multiplier requirement heavily favors losing teamsĀ far more than winning teams, purely because one last second multiplier is all it takes for na upset, and given the fact that the multiplier hits 7.5X at max it only penalises having a bigger team, eargo the game is heavily tipped in favor of the losing team.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Poimagic said:

Heh. Sorry bout getting so worked up about a fictional character. But for before I start laughing along, can I at least have my Takumi kill one Shanna?

Sure, do whatever ya want, it's only a video game

1 minute ago, kcirrot said:

But it is, in fact, rigged.Ā  The multiplier is something that no individual player has any meaningful control over and it creates perverse incentives to maximize rewards.Ā  The multiplier is the very definition of rigging a game.Ā  What else do you call giving one team more points because they are losing?

While I don't think it's worth getting that mad about, I also don't think there's anything positive that comes from the VG.Ā 

Look, I don't even play Heroes, but I'm going to throw in my two cents here. A multiplier isn't a form of rigging, it's a form ofĀ rubberbanding. Multipliers allow losing teams to catch up and potentially pass the winning team, like a rubber band. If it was rigged, then they wouldn't have ever introduced multipliers in the first place, they'd just fudge the results and piss off the entire fandom.Ā  If it was rigged, there'd be a lot more rightfully pissed off people. All I see right now is people getting salty because their character lost to another character, due to a rubberbanding mechanic, while screaming that it's rigged. I personally don't agree with the multiplier as I dislike rubberbanding in general, but it's there.Ā 

Ā 

Fire Emblem Heroes is a video game. Nothing more, nothing less. People are meant to have fun, contests like this will have winners and losers, it's inevitable. You got feathers and whatever else they give you for these things, you were rewarded for your participation in the gauntlet. Don't get angry, play the game. Have fun.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

the 0.1 multiplier requirement heavily favors losing teamsĀ far more than winning teams, purely because one last second multiplier is all it takes for na upset, and given the fact that the multiplier hits 7.5X at max it only penalises having a bigger team, eargo the game is heavily tipped in favor of the losing team.

AGREED THE OPTIMAL WAY TO WIN GAUNTLET FIXTURES IS TO LOSE GAUNTLET FIXTURES ???

IS RIGS IN FAVOUR OF TAKUMI AND RYOMA ???

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

You don't need to win to get the best feather outcome.Ā 

If you're team Gaius in the summer gauntlet, getting multipliers all day long while Corrin gets hardly any boosts your total rank up, meaning you get more cumulative score feathers in the end. And in this case, the underdog not only got more multipliers for a bigger score payout, but got to win on top of it. Picking somebody like Ryoma just got people toasted multiple ways, this time.Ā 

so what are you even bitching about, that it's harder to game the system than it used to be? lmao

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

This is a MOBILE GAME. People are really getting pissed about a less popular character winning? What people wanted in the first place?

literally fucking this and i know that this post is legally spam and i will warn myself for it if it gets reported you idiots wanted it to be more than a popularity contest

Just now, Integrity said:

so what are you even bitching about, that it's harder to game the system than it used to be? lmao

If you can't understand what I already said I'm not sure how else to put it. No need to be rude.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Mister IceTeaPeach said:

Shanna deserves a SF badge now.

I really hope so. then I can have a badge of my favourite character to show on this site.

9 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

SWIM AWAY HATERS THE ONLY WINNER HERE IS JUSTICE - PARTY TIMES IN THE MIGHTY DISCORD AS ALL EMBRACE THE NEW REALITY - THE CYAN QUEEN LOVES ALL THOSE WHO EMBRACE THE RESULT - NO TIME FOR THOSE WHO ONLY CARE TO SHIT ON THE NEW DAWN - FLY AWAY TROLLS, NO PLACE FOR YOU IN THE NEW ORDER - WHERE WE THE CYAN HEARTS - THE BRAVE RED WHOMNOKAS - THE THICC MIDGET BLONDES - THE MIGHTY SMALL STORM BOYS - THE PRAWN KNIGHT SQUAD - THE GLAMROCK TROPICSĀ - THE LONG AND SMALL SHADOWS MANS - ALL JOIN TOGETHER IN NEW ORTHODOXY - LOVE CONQUERS ALL - YEAH THE BOYS!!!

Amazing how people can get higher than the sky off so little. Oh well, smoke your own weed. I'm going to politely turn down a joint though, I don't care for the taste.

Let me have a little fun constructing a new metaphor though. This is like playing roulette with a million other people, no skill is involved. Simply playing will earn you small wins even if you lose, but the jackpot is beyond your control.

Ā 

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I sure hope mods wont need to starting telling everyone to behave after the big amount of upset in this, I was hoping team Thany and Takumi would get along after such an intense finish to the end.

Two mods appear to be having a blast right now. I don't think they have the right to say that, not until they themselves sober up first. Unless you really really get out of line.

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

I sure hope mods wont need to starting telling everyone to behave after the big amount of upset in this, I was hoping team Thany and Takumi would get along after such an intense finish to the end.

Chrom and Ephraim died for our sins

a friend of mine really likes shanna and its her birthday today, so she was really happy when shanna won. i was really happy when shanna won too, both because of that and because i really like shanna!!!

my friends and i had a lot of fun in this gauntlet, this one discord group i'm in likes to stick on the same team for gauntlets so we can all share each others units and almost all of us there really love shanna (shoutout to integrity he made us appreciate her a lot) so in the last round we all picked team shanna and we shared units and we had a great time and we were all so happy when we saw shanna win. it was really fun! i hope they do another gauntlet soon!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Two mods appear to be having a blast right now. I don't think they have the right to say that, not until they themselves sober up first. Unless you really really get out of line.

yea besides the guy i asked what the fuck?? who hasn't posted since nobody's stepped out of line in this thread attacking other people so far. it's just bantz between the ladz.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

I understand this since I know for a fact soren and shanna should've been creamed 1st round but like I said earlier we went 10 hours without a multiplier and it was up to the normal value of flags. It's fine to dislike the multiplier but don't be tilted just because Shanna miraculously won by edging the previous ladies and takumi who I personally was rooting for. Honestly though I'm not angry it was a well fought match for both sides all I hope is fan art for the finalists

Edited by MisfitMiju

@JohannĀ Finished. It's surprisingly easy to find a Shanna.Ā 

Anyways, Team Shanna good match. As for how I reacted. It's just that seeing another one of my favorite characters lose in a similar manner as Lyn vs Camilla kinda ticked my off in more ways than one. Also, I may try that Shanna build I was thinking of, once all my other projects are finished though. I guess you could say Team Shanna, my hat is off to you super Mario odessy quotes are the best

1 minute ago, Skylorella Con said:

Now I'm upset, First Soren and now Takumi.Ā 

I definitely feel you. except for CYL and Takumi in round 2 of this gauntlet, my team has lost literally every round every time in the last five months or so. And many of my teams are upset by the multiplier now too. I need the extra victory feathers since I don't get as many feathers in general as other players. I"m not as skilled at the game. But if I have to keep losing in the gauntlet because my team is upset by multipliers and stuff, I can't do that.

There weren't any last second multipliers or anything of the sort, and people are still complaining about multiplier shenanigans? Why does this even matter to you so much? This shit's not even a popularity contest - gauntlet winners may as well have been random as soon as they started the multiplier business. Whoever wins or loses has essentially no bearing on anything at all. You don't even get internet points for this, Christ.