Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Two mods appear to be having a blast right now. I don't think they have the right to say that, not until they themselves sober up first. Unless you really really get out of line.

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying about rights to say something and sobering up

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

I think this was an interesting match. Team Shanna managed to rally their way to a victory, but she wouldn't even have the chance without multipliers.

IMO this was one of the most interesting finals since the multipliers came in since even though Shanna needed Multipliers to catch up to Takumi earlier, she didn't steal the win by getting a multiplier in the final hour and instead was able to genuinely start outscoring Takumi. This felt much closer than waiting to see how multiplier shenanigans would affect the scores.

Just now, Poimagic said:

@Johann Finished. It's surprisingly easy to find a Shanna. 

Anyways, Team Shanna good match. As for how I reacted. It's just that seeing another one of my favorite characters lose in a similar manner as Lyn vs Camilla kinda ticked my off in more ways than one. Also, I may try that Shanna build I was thinking of, once all my other projects are finished though. I guess you could say Team Shanna, my hat is off to you super Mario odessy quotes are the best

Understandable. After suffering that with S!Leo and almost with Elise and Ninian, it was kind of hard to not get really peeved, so I understand how you feel.

The only solution is to learn how stop worrying about winners and learn how to love the  F E A T H E R S.

1 minute ago, Integrity said:

literally fucking this and i know that this post is legally spam and i will warn myself for it if it gets reported you idiots wanted it to be more than a popularity contest

Actually, I didn't.  I was perfectly happy with it being a popularity contest.  I never understood why people got bent out of shape about a popularity contest being won by the most popular character.  

My objection to the VG now is that you are given incentives to pick the character you are pretty sure will be the LEAST popular because that maximizes feather gains.  That's just silly.  Ryoma was my favorite character in this gauntlet, but I didn't even bother because I knew win or lose, his team would have few multipliers and it would have meant few feathers.  I picked Shanna and rode her unpopularity to a massive haul of feathers.  I would have gotten more if I had played the earlier multiplies in this round better, but if this game mode comes back next month, I will have further enhanced my strategy.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amazing how people can get higher than the sky off so little. Oh well, smoke your own weed. I'm going to politely turn down a joint though, I don't care for the taste.

Let me have a little fun constructing a new metaphor though. This is like playing roulette with a million other people, no skill is involved. Simply playing will earn you small wins even if you lose, but the jackpot is beyond your control.

Two mods appear to be having a blast right now. I don't think they have the right to say that, not until they themselves sober up first. Unless you really really get out of line.

HAVING FUN ABOUT AN INTERNET TUG OF WAR THAT WAS A GOOD FIGHT BETWEEN GOOD FRIENDS IS THE TRUEST DRUG OF ALL MY SMALL FRIEND

Just now, LuxSpes said:

IMO this was one of the most interesting finals since the multipliers came in since even though Shanna needed Multipliers to catch up to Takumi earlier, she didn't steal the win by getting a multiplier in the final hour and instead was able to genuinely start outscoring Takumi. This felt much closer than waiting to see how multiplier shenanigans would affect the scores.

Honestly I think this is the intention behind the multipliers in general. To give a chance, but not a sure shot. It seems like at the best of times, it still produces close races. 

5 minutes ago, unique said:

a friend of mine really likes shanna and its her birthday today, so she was really happy when shanna won. i was really happy when shanna won too, both because of that and because i really like shanna!!!

my friends and i had a lot of fun in this gauntlet, this one discord group i'm in likes to stick on the same team for gauntlets so we can all share each others units and almost all of us there really love shanna (shoutout to integrity he made us appreciate her a lot) so in the last round we all picked team shanna and we shared units and we had a great time and we were all so happy when we saw shanna win. it was really fun! i hope they do another gauntlet soon!

God bless. It's great to see more obscure characters get so much love. I think it's one of heroes' greatest values. 

2 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Actually, I didn't.  I was perfectly happy with it being a popularity contest.  I never understood why people got bent out of shape about a popularity contest being won by the most popular character. 

excellent, i won't single you out for it because you're in a minority apparently, a ton of people whined about the vg just being a popularity contest before multipliers

2 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

My objection to the VG now is that you are given incentives to pick the character you are pretty sure will be the LEAST popular because that maximizes feather gains.  That's just silly.  Ryoma was my favorite character in this gauntlet, but I didn't even bother because I knew win or lose, his team would have few multipliers and it would have meant few feathers.  I picked Shanna and rode her unpopularity to a massive haul of feathers.  I would have gotten more if I had played the earlier multiplies in this round better, but if this game mode comes back next month, I will have further enhanced my strategy.

how does this meaningfully differ from the original popularity contests though? if you're gaming the stupid contest for feathers, there's going to be a strategy to it.

I feel a little bad saying this but I just find this hilarious. I was on team Soren, then Takumi. Shanna somehow winning this is so wtf that I just have to laugh. 

For the record, Shanna is always on my FE6 team in some capacity, so I don't mean to insult her. It's just, she was up against Takumi .

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

I feel a little bad saying this but I just find this hilarious. I was on team Soren, then Takumi.

god bless you team takumi lad, you fought well and strongly and i respect your effort

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I feel a little bad saying this but I just find this hilarious. I was on team Soren, then Takumi. Shanna somehow winning this is so wtf that I just have to laugh. 

For the record, Shanna is always on my FE6 team in some capacity, so I don't mean to insult her. It's just, she was up against Takumi .

It was Shanna's voice, man. Takumi couldn't help but hear Oboro when fighting her in the last minute.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:28 PM, Tybrosion said:

Tell y'all what: my next promotion will go to my 4* +Spd/-Def Shanna if she completes this improbable run. I might even reward her with Swift Sparrow from the spare Katarina I got as well.

So uh, yeah. I guess I've already determined who's getting promoted when the arena feathers come in on Monday. I am a man of my word.

Besides, this girl deserves it after handing taco meat a loss so embarrassing that even Leo is laughing at him. Clearly Shanna won thanks to me sending her sister's boyfriend (Klein) out there to back her team up. If this doesn't end being the straw that breaks the camel's back regarding the multiplier, then I don't think anything will ever be.  This is so ridiculous and stupid but I love it since it came at Takumi's expense.

3 minutes ago, jankmaster98 said:

Honestly I think this is the intention behind the multipliers in general. To give a chance, but not a sure shot. It seems like at the best of times, it still produces close races. 

I think this is a good point. 

This gauntlet about the best hair had been the most unpredictable one.

From the start there was no super clear winner yet because for example, there were 3 Hoshido representatives, so any Fates players would have to divide their attention between the three siblings. Even then maybe the biggest divide would've been between Ryoma and Takumi. Even though Hinoka lost, I regret not being able to support my fave of the bunch.

There was also a good representation of non-3DS games, from Amelia, Shanna and Katarina.

Soren managed to sneaks in to round 2, which is pretty unexpected and still kept results a bit unpredictable.

It's not a round to decide the next CYL unit though, so it's best to just be pleasantly surprised and not be too invested in it.

To be fair it was kind of getting boring in the end though with no multipliers but like overall, this VG would probably have the most memes because of the unpredictability that happened.

here is the shanna used by a friend of mine (different from the friend i mentioned before) who wanted me to post her shanna. i got to use this shanna a lot, she was very helpful to me! we were both on team soren at first, and very few people on my friend list were also there, so I got her really often. she was really fun to use!

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So uh, yeah. I guess I've already determined who's getting promoted when the arena feathers come in on Monday. I am a man of my word.

Besides, this girl deserves it after handing taco meat a loss so embarrassing that even Leo is laughing at him. Clearly Shanna won thanks to me sending her sister's boyfriend (Klein) out there to back her team up. If this doesn't end being the straw that breaks the camel's back regarding the multiplier, then I don't think anything will ever be.  This is so ridiculous and stupid but I love it since it came at Takumi's expense.

lowkey tho i kinda agree with your sentiments lol

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

It was Shanna's voice, man. Takumi couldn't help but hear Oboro when fighting her in the last minute.

Marisha Ray’s voice is sexy, can’t deny that. Even Effie works really well.

2 minutes ago, Integrity said:

excellent, i won't single you out for it because you're in a minority apparently, a ton of people whined about the vg just being a popularity contest before multipliers

how does this meaningfully differ from the original popularity contests though? if you're gaming the stupid contest for feathers, there's going to be a strategy to it.

First, I don't know that the majority cared either.  People on the Lucina/Camilla bandwagon probably weren't going to go out of their way to explain how happy they were their waifu was crushing the competition.

Second, before the multiplier, the game rewarded earning all your flags and playing as much as possible for your team.  It also didn't punish you that much for playing on your favorite's team.  It was all in good fun.  Now?  Now, it's really not sensible to play on a popular character's team.  After this amazing triple upset, and I'll admit it is amazing, it's just a plain sucker's bet.  You can play less and get more, much more. 

All my salt got used up with Lyn and it gave me high blood pressure.  Since then, I've been playing for feathers.  And doing well.  I just wish we had a different game mode because this one depends on the vast majority of players continuing to proceed under the delusion that this is still a popularity contest, while the people here and in other parts of the community know better.