Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Don't worry, Thane, looks like we'll be meeting halfway somewhere in the gauntlet :P:

May the best pretty boy win. 

I hope Soren can beat a Fates character, but he should have decent chances considering Ryouma's got all the personality of a dry potato.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It is a crying shame GHB characters are unavailable for the gauntlets. Otherwise, Michalis, Navarre, and Ursula could have participated too.

I don't think I realized just how many short-haired girls and long-haired gents there actually are in Fire Emblem. Even my avatar is a short-haired girl! Maybe one day we'll get to have a sequel gauntlet with all the characters they couldn't add.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Merric got another merge. I actually don't know much about Katarina except that she has a rocking color scheme, and she likes to show up for me. XD I think Soren's my favorite dude and Amelia's my favorite gal, but I can't set Merric as my lead if I shoot for them. RIP.

Why do you taunt me like this. Don't worry, I too judge most of my decisions on how purple someone is.

Anyway, she's a fairly solid character. It's too late where I am for me to give a decent summary of her character (believe me, I just tried, and it went very, very badly), but she definitely falls under the label of "tragic character who seeks redemption for their past." Kinda like Nino in a way, actually. Just less chipper about things and life in general. But if you're more attached to the other characters, then I'd say go for them. If Katarina wasn't in this gauntlet, then I would probably be going for Soren myself.

Oh, I just noticed the first round match-ups are posted.  Amelia vs. Katarina right off the bat, eh?  That'll be an interesting one!

Oh my, Ryoma (my team) vs. Soren in round 1.  I really hate Soren (sorry, guys!), so I hope we kick his tushie.  It's on, hehe!  ;): 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

I hope Soren can beat a Fates character, but he should have decent chances considering Ryouma's got all the personality of a dry potato.

Yeah and if that fails, there's always the wild card of Chance Time the now near never-ending multiplier to fall back on.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

May the best pretty boy win. 

For what it's worth Soren did technically get more votes than Ryouma in CYL if you count his split votes together. Fingers crossed :|

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Hmm.. Who should I join..

How awesome would it be to have boyfriend and boyfriend winning gauntlets?

the best thing

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This is by far the stupidest VG theme ever lol.

That's what makes it great :p

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You should play her game though.

Emulating DS games isn't in my area. I have the SFC version, but that doesn't have Katarina.

(I say, as I play a Gamecube game on my Wii using a Wii U Pro Controller. Not Path of Radiance- a touch annoyed Marcia got critted by a Killer Bow at the end of Chapter 16, and don't want to redo that now.)

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Dude, there's someplace else on SF that you should really check up on right now. Maybe you should do that?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Dude, there's someplace else on SF that you should really check up on right now. Maybe you should do that?

If I'm right about what you're talking about, then in my defense, it's almost 2 AM where I am. I have been checking up on it, but it's a bit harder to understand and respond to such large walls of text than it is to post about a war of hair styles. But I'll give it a look now before I go to bed, and see if I can contribute anything meaningful at this hour.

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Oh my, Ryoma (my team) vs. Soren in round 1.  I really hate Soren (sorry, guys!), so I hope we kick his tushie.  It's on, hehe!  ;): 

Eh, that's perfectly alright. Especially since the feeling is mutual as I utterly despise Ryoma and hope to enjoy some fried lobster by the time this gauntlet is over.

You know what screw it, I'm actually gonna go Team Shanna for the easy battle/ranking.

Plus I adore her art and VA even though I haven't played her game. Also she's so blue- my favourite colour! :D

Deserve more than being Iceberg/Desperation fodder

My Karel's lv 31 so I'm not sure if that level still has fairly easy battles or if I get to battle lv 35 opponents or not. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Especially since the feeling is mutual as I utterly despise Ryoma and hope to enjoy some fried lobster by the time this gauntlet is over.

Haha!  All the lobster jokes are going to be fun.  :P: 

Kinda curious to see who wins this one.  I honestly don't know who is more popular.  I see on this poll that Soren is 4x more popular than Ryoma, but who knows, eh?

I'm not a big time Ryoma fan, but he's the one I like the most out of everyone.  (Plus he kicks ass in Heroes and his own game. ;):)

I'm gonna have to back up Soren here. He has to join his boyfriend Ike on the "won a Voting a Gauntlet" team, after all. Wouldn't want Ike to be lonely there :p

29 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Hmm.. Who should I join..

How awesome would it be to have boyfriend and boyfriend winning gauntlets?

YES, please join him.

Ike must be very lonely without him.

Oh man.... I feel so tortured, on one hand, Thany actually participates in a voting gauntlet..... on the other hand her opponent is hinoka.... Really unfortunate stuff...

Ill still support her, and hope we win round 1 compared to the Fae incident.

10 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh geez all this despising characters, and really hating characters. It's not that serious, just a game.

I agree. What's really sad though is the low bar previous gauntlets have set makes all the negativity for this one so far seem pretty tame. But it's only been two hours we'll see how this goes in the long run...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, by the way, guys and gals: what time does it say the poll is due to be closed at? It says 4am for me, I want to check if I screwed up with the timer.

It says it'll close at 2pm on the 11th for me in mountain standard time.

Darn, I wanted to go Karel but he again refused to pull for me. He's the last guy I consider pretty in the game that hasn't pulled for me.

I pulled on the banner until I got a 5* (Ryoma, who I'm desperately hoping is better than my current -Spd one) but I didn't want to have another 4 x Not!Unit I want situation like with the four Ayras to one Eldigan ratio I got >.<

Hopefully Karel will appear on another banner or spook me on a non-limited banner some time :)

For now, I am going to go with Ryoma, since he pulled for me and I quite like him. If he doesn't win, I'm switching over to Takumi, who I anticipate will make it to the next round ^.^ I think Takumi is my overall favourite in this, but I don't feel he'll be the best route for feathers in the beginning round.

If any Ryomites want to add me, my FC is 8320657822. I usually start with Reinhardt as my lead but I don't mind requests for other colours (except the same colour as the lead). I will only add people who don't use a unit that is the same colour as the lead and will delete people who do, though. It's my biggest gripe with this mode, personally.

Edited by Cute Chao

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It says it'll close at 2pm on the 11th for me in mountain standard time.

Huh, so it is based on my time zone then. I thought it was the server time. Okay, time to set the right time.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Vaximillian

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh geez all this despising characters, and really hating characters. It's not that serious, just a game.

Just wanted to clarify: If you were referring to my post about hoping Ryoma kicks Soren's tushie, I was just being playful.  Doesn't matter to me who wins.  (I may dislike Soren, but if he wins, I certainly won't be bothered by it.)  I'm really just in it for the feathers.  :]  I am kinda curious to see how this one turns out, though.  The winner isn't super obvious right from the start like the previous voting gauntlets.  

(Pretty sure @Tybrosion was just being playful too!  I thought his fried lobster joke was pretty funny. :XD:)

Anyway, hopefully things stay civil.  It is indeed just a silly voting thing that should not be taken seriously.