Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

17 minutes ago, Tsak said:

When and how? seems a bit absurd

It wasn't too serious. Don't worry. I just knew someone who friended me and that guy got mad because I didn't join Amelia when he kept constantly bugging me. I don't want to talk to that guy anymore. He was too much into gaming. But yeah, even I think getting threatened like this is absurd.

I'll admit. I kinda exaggerated a bit in that previous comment.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who threatens someone over a video game?

*flashbacks to the Brave Heroes gauntlet and Lyn losing*

Edited by Falcom

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...How strong/accurate is he? The only time I've really felt an archer versus pegasus hurt was my last chapter attempt in PoR, where Marcia died to a Killer Bow- and even then, I think the Killer was scarier than the Bow.

Fujin Yumi is pretty broken, and Takumi crits a lot when I used him in Birthright, especially with the Sniper crit bonus.

Fun fact, in one chapter he is behind a ballista, so he can use the ballista to weaken you from afar with its AoE splash damage. 

Think you can go in to the last room away from the ballista's range and attack him up-close? Too bad he has close counter on top of having throne avoid bonus.

Also in another chapter there's another AoE '"laser" attack involved. Let's just say the return of broken Awakening pair-up mechanics also can prove tricky.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

She's easy to train (hell everyone in SS is, you have the tower, skirmishes and arena) but her growths.... yeah she's not getting better than Franz any time soon. And having a fast general is pretty bad considering their low move. 

I love Sacred Stones (I mean, look at my profile pic) but let's not kid ourselves, Amelia is a bad unit period. Her main contribution is the Speedwings she carries.

Personally I always went with making her another cav because movement is just better. 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Were you the Robin?  I think I got you a few times today.

Yeah, I had my 5* +Spd/-HP M!Robin out there. If he had TA3, Swordbreaker 2 and Draw Back then yeah, that was probably mine.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I love Sacred Stones (I mean, look at my profile pic) but let's not kid ourselves, Amelia is a bad unit period. Her main contribution is the Speedwings she carries.

Yeah, Amelia compared to the other trainee units, Ross and Ewan, causes her to look very bad. Ross as a berserker is a monster, and Ewan as either a summoner, sage, mage knight, or shaman makes him insanely good.

1 minute ago, Dracologist said:

Do you think there will ever be a voting gauntlet with no Fates characters in it?

I mean, Fates characters are popular so they're going to be in a lot of gauntlets. Gauntlets are boring if there don't include a couple fan favorites (see Healer Gauntlet).

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Starting to think twice... I actually played FE6 and beat it (Didn't use Shanna/Thany, too squishy) and I have Shanna at level 1 which means easy VG wins. But the character preference detector in me wants to support Takumi out of principle that I know he's cooler and if I played Fates he'd probably be one of my favorites.

Then again... Shanna will probably get 2x as many multipliers as Takumi... but he'll probably get the 500 victory feathers... so...

Where should I go for the feathers?

I don't even see how the feathers matter in this context, wouldn't being on the team with more modifiers only make the required attention to get a high ranking and subsequently more feathers demand far more of you, than a team with fewer modifiers and in turn a lower threshold for scoring in the top 1000 potentially, feather mercenary never made any sense to me because I don't see how the output of feathers is any higher because you have more points, the level of attention necessary to get into the top 5000 is already enormous and would offer the same feather count, even if your top players have 80,000 points over 1,500,000. you still at most get 2500 feathers for being one of the best and a varying amount for an army victory.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

She's easy to train (hell everyone in SS is, you have the tower, skirmishes and arena) but her growths.... yeah she's not getting better than Franz any time soon. And having a fast general is pretty bad considering their low move. 

You can basically guarantee she is good no matter what because of trainee loop
She's not objectively bad, in practice she is always OP if you put the time in. Same thing with basically every Est, question is... Is it worth it? Idk pink Generals are pretty rare

Edited by Tsak

Just saw a massive wave of Team Soren peeps screamin hate on Takumi and his Team. (tumblr this time) Reasons varied from hating the character, to hating the game, mostly the new games and fans in general. Seriously Team Soren, you did great beating Ryouma. Please just calm down and let's all laugh about the silliness of this vg, okay?

And wow, Shanna won. Surprising considering how much J-fen loves Amelia.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't ship SorenxIke by the way. As much as I like Soren, which is a lot, I don't ship them. Soren is devoted to Ike yes, but would Ike respond? Furthermore, is Soren actually sexually attracted to Ike? Does profuse love without sexual desire for another person of the same gender count as gayness? Or is it just camaraderie? Is same-gender camaraderie gay without being sexual? In which case is everyone a little gay?

This said Cavalier/Paladin Amelia >>>> Great Knight Amelia >>>> Knight/General Amelia.

Wouldn’t that just make Soren a homoromantic asexual? Which I guess would make him kinda gay I suppose? It really depends on whether Soren views Ike as a friend or more than that and if there’s any sort of sexual attraction. I think it just boils down to if you personally believe Soren is gay, straight, or otherwise.

On another note, General and Great Knight Amelia is best Amelia. I mean are you even looking at that sick Great Knight? Seth exists for all your Paladin needs anyway 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Just saw a massive wave of Team Soren peeps screamin hate on Takumi and his Team. (tumblr this time) Reasons varied from hating the character, to hating the game, mostly the new games and fans in general. Seriously Team Soren, you did great beating Ryouma. Please just calm down and let's all laugh about the silliness of this vg, okay?

Tumblr is a cesspool, most Team Soren peeps are normal (I hope). 

Meanwhile I'm still trying to get over the fact that we had an entire gauntlet around hair.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and my three most oft-seen allies were @mcsilas’ Lucina and Ike and @KongDude’s Marth. (At least I think it’s his Marth. I don’t have any other Marths in my friend list)

Yeah it's probably mine, if it's the +4 one.

I haven't really been doing battles for Shanna, but I only remember getting a DC Camilla.

5 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

Do you think there will ever be a voting gauntlet with no Fates characters in it?

Now that
is a good question
Probably not, though i'd venture to say if there wasn't a Fates character there would atleast be an Awakening character in it.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

I can't believe I shared a team with such terrible people... I'm sorry that Team Takumi is being treated so badly.

7 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Too many people
Do you have a request for a bonus unit, Rezzy?

Anything not Blue would be great.

I'll probably stay with my Bridelia, unless someone wants someone else.

I need to train my Shanna.  She's currently level 25.  But that will be tomorrow's project.  I need to wake up early tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Tsak said:

You can basically guarantee she is good no matter what because of trainee loop
She's objectively bad, in practice she is always OP if you put the time in. Same thing with basically every Est, question is... Is it worth it? Idk pink Generals are pretty rare

Er...I don't really think so. By the time you do trainee loops you can grind gold in the world map and then buy stat boosters for everyone (or you can arena abuse until you hit the gold cap, that works too), which makes everyone OP. Unlike Ross who comes super early and is waaay better than Dozla as a Berserker or Ewan who has a better class, Amelia doesn't bring anything useful. As a Cavalier Franz and Seth outclass her and as a General she's nerfing herself with that awful movement. Although I'll admit a pink general wielding a chain axe is pretty awesome.

Edited by Alexmender

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Really?  We got beat fair and square.  I don't mind losing when the other team had more support, and even if I rage against the idea of the multiplier, I've never attacked someone personally and never would.  I get annoyed when I lose sue to the multiplier, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse on that topic. 

2 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Tumblr is a cesspool, most Team Soren peeps are normal (I hope). 

Meanwhile I'm still trying to get over the fact that we had an entire gauntlet around hair.

Well, usually I don't see too much hate in the tags, but I guess I caught onto some people at a bad time. And I knlw, that's usually the case. Vocal minority and everything, I totally get that.

Because they're worth it.

1 minute ago, Dracologist said:

I can't believe I shared a team with such terrible people... I'm sorry that Team Takumi is being treated so badly.

Again, don't worry, I know it was just a vocal few getting out of hand. At least there's no doxxing this time (I hope). 

Massive wave was an overstatement on my part anyway, I was just surprised to see multiple posts screaming about it first in the morning. It probably came down to 5 or 6 people now that I think on it.

2 hours ago, Dracologist said:

I don't think you need to apologize for anything. You're not the one spreading hate comments and overreacting over a game mode. Just ignore the haters and have fun with the game.

Well, now I'm upset. If anyone deserved to double upset, it was Soren, not Shanna! Can't a guy win unfair and square!?

49 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

>Leo loses every gauntlet he's in

>Takumi might win the first gauntlet he's in

Is Takumi about to best his Nohrian counterpart? I mean, I guess he already has, technically. Leo can't even make it to the finals.

Though it might be fun to be on Team Desperation Fodder for the potential of a tripple upset, this makes me want to support Takumeme.

38 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Hinoka, on the other hand, despite being the least popular Hoshidan sibling, still hails from a recent and very popular game and is a central and important character, unlike Amelia.

I dunno, I think you could cut Hinoka out of Fates and nothing would change. She's a "main" character by association with other characters (Takumi>Ryoma>Sakura=Hinoka for plot relevance), but she's really nothing special.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't ship SorenxIke by the way. As much as I like Soren, which is a lot, I don't ship them. Soren is devoted to Ike yes, but would Ike respond? Furthermore, is Soren actually sexually attracted to Ike? Does profuse love without sexual desire for another person of the same gender count as gayness? Or is it just camaraderie? Is same-gender camaraderie gay without being sexual? In which case is everyone a little gay?

For all the talk of a lack of gay representation in media, people are even less likely to allow for platonic love or asexuality. I never saw Ike x Soren as romantic, although I won't shame some fans for prefering that interpretation.