Things you don't like about your favorite games.

Armagon

1 hour ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

...Are we talking real life or games still? gross sobbing cause I can't talk to girls to save my life

I've never had a date so definitely games. Don't worry you'll not the only one. They don't seem to understand that I'm the Supreme Gentleman.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Legend of Dark Witch:
Most bosses stay in one corner of the room
Papelne isn't playable

The Legend of Dark Witch Episode 2:
Papelne is just a shop keeper

Brave Dungeon:
Papelne doesn't have a voice

The Legend of Dark Witch Episode 3:
The game isn't out
Papelne is just a shop keeper

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation:
The base F/A-18 feels slower than it needs to be

Fire Emblem Fates(Birthright/Conquest/Revelation):
Velouria does not have any relevancy outside of a pack of dlc that gets no references

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE:
The promoted forms for our groups Mirages don't look too different from the enemy Mirages(save for Chrom)

Fate/Grand Order:
We're two years behind Japan
Gacha garbage with lame rates

Etrian Odyssey 5:
You can't be lazy with the map like past games

Off the top of my head...

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- The main story is rushed. It has a grand design behind it, but it is over rather quickly. (It also has a weird way of thinking who your "S Support" partner is, which can lead to some odd situations...)
- I expected more from its post-game. I thought I could explore and experience the entire world again, but all we got is some changes to the main pathway from the starting village to the city and some special encounters scattered about.
- The difficulty is all over the place. Early-game was extremely rough, but once the player gets going the game gets fairly easy. The exception is Bitterblack Isle, which serves as the "ultimate post-game dungeon." (It likes to throw BS combinations at you.)
- There is not a proper sequel to this title. Sure, there's Dragon's Dogma Online, but that is JP only.
- There is no way to "S Support" your customized Pawn...

Xenoblade Chronicles
- The sidequests kill the inner completionist in me. While some of them have some good storylines, a guide or wiki is a must if trying to do almost everything XC has to offer. This is especially the case when coming back to the game after a while. I don't remember where to find "x" mob to defeat.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
- The music threw me off at first, but eventually after listening to everything 10,000 times I get around to tolerating/liking them. Still, I'm not really a fan of rap music, even if this is likely to remain XCXs' style. Lyrical pieces aside, some of the other music in XCX is amazing!
- The main story is rushed. Seriously, they introduce a villain and basically we defeat the villain in the same chapter. At least XCX makes up for this in the spectacular side quests and exploration.

God Eater Resurrection / God Eater 2 Rage Burst
- Holy heck, these games are long. Really long. Resurrection essentially has 3 main story arcs while GE2RB has 2 story arcs. I guess it is my fault for marathoning through Resurrection and then trying to immediately play the second. Despite the length, I did enjoy my time with these games, although I still need to finish up the 2nd arc of GE2RB.
- GE2RB have mismatched subtitles to the voiceovers on occasion. I do not know if this is intentional or not as Resurrection was more polished than GE2RB.
- I had no real problem with the difficulty. Yeah, there are some extreme spikes (Blitz Hannibal, the final boss for Resurrection) , but overall I had a fairly easy time with it. (Longsword / Shotgun main)

Smash Wii-U: I think its a rather big flaw that there isn't any engaging single player experience to be had. There were plenty of ways to improve on Subspace emissary but not even trying wasn't one of them. There's no smaller adventure mode to fill that gap either. You got classic but this time around its really dull. Clasic mode has never been the focus of Smash but I always had some fun with it. In this game its more of a chore which really only leaves all stars as a single player option.

Tales of Symphonia: At one time you get the option to chose between two characters. This would be great except the game blatantly favors one choice over the other and punishes you for not picking him by tying all the sidequest in that one character and practically none towards the other one. Since the character that gets the shaft is my favorite character I'm rather annoyed by it. 

Shogun total war II: Realm divide. Basically at some point every faction on the maps gangs up on you and won't stop fighting you no matter what you do. Its a huge chore and completely breaks the flow of the game. 

Baldur's Gate 2: The romanceable characters (and a few of the other characters, too) are pretty terrible. Otherwise this game comes pretty close to perfection for me.

Ace Attorney series: Keeps dragging out and convoluting Apollo's backstory (tell him the truth, already!). Introduced new characters without wrapping up existing characters' plots.

Dragon Quest 8: Sudden spike in difficulty that really requires some grinding and killed a little of my enthusiasm at a key point in the plot.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines: Gives me motion sickness. :P

Diablo II: The stat distribution is pretty pointless. It goes like this: enough Strength to use your equipment, enough Dexterity to use your equipment and if you're a melee character with a shield you may want more to maintain an 75% block rate. Energy is just completely useless even if you're a Sorceress unless in the one instance that you are an Energy Shield Sorceress that needs mana for defense, and everything else you dump in Vitality for every character. It really just serves as a way to make newer players screw up their characters by putting points into Energy early because they keep running out of mana when the game intends for them to guzzle mana potions that drop often.

The character balance is also pretty whacked. It's so much easier to start with Sorceress or Necromancer early on if you have no gear because they can be reliably good naked with no good gear. A barbarian is so reliant on gear that the game because very difficult unless you can find some good stuff. Since Diablo II is a hack and slash with an emphasis on grinding and farming for progressively better equipment, it is usually much more effective in an online season to make a Sorceress first every time that can stack Magic Find and teleport around the map farming bosses before making anything else if you care about gearing out.

As with other games, some skills are completely horrible (or too strong, like Blessed Hammer) and were never fixed. 

Edited by Tryhard

Xenoblade X- It ended on a cliffhanger and we still know nothing about Mira.

FE: Echoes- A lot of the dungeons started to feel the same after a while. Maybe this could have been avoided if you could walk around towns, I dunno. Full voice acting was pretty great though, probably my favorite part is hearing support conversations being fully voiced.

Jak 2- There were far too few gun upgrades, and it's hard to go back to a new file without them. The Peacemaker in particular was obtained a bit too late for it to make much of a difference, and in the manual it mentions it had only 5 shots before getting the ammo upgrade, but you only ever get the thing after the ammo upgrade so even mentioning that is kinda moot.

Jak 3- It reused like 50% of Jak 2 for the map, and the Wastelands was pretty barren, despite its massive size. 

FE: Awakening- Pair up was absurdly broken, to the point where if you're not using it, you're effectively playing on a higher difficulty.

FE: Fates- Aside from my gripes with the story, i felt like avatar customization took one step forward and two steps back. You can change your hair anytime, woo hoo! But most of the options look kinda bad, egh. My Castle also feels kinda contrived, as much as I like it. IMO is should have been more of a campsite type thing, cause tents open up a lot more to being moved than buildings. Imagine if you could have set up on any map in the game, how cool would that have been?

Kingdom Hearts (just the series in general)- The fact that it took 10 years to get Final Mix outside of Japan. Seriously, the best part about KH3 being on modern systems is that if Final Mix is a thing for it, it's gonna be a DLC pack or update if anything.

KHBBS/3D- The combat and movement felt a lot less fluid than KH2, and even KH1 to a degree. Flowmotion kinda helped negate this, so I've got less of a gripe with that, but the fact that it's nearly impossible to beat the secret bosses in BBS as Terra without taking damage says more than I ever could.

KH358/2 Days- Ruler of the sky and Leechgrave. Good god I would rather play through CoM blind than fight those things again.

Star Wars Republic Commando:

• The lack of loading screens in the PC version. Although it might sound odd that having near-instantaneous loading be a bad thing, but you would miss gameplay information, tidbits about your squad, and some backstory, all delivered in-character by your squadmates. If you were a blind player, you might not know that enemy weapons aren't as effective when used against them, the functions of your grenades, or what the squad commands beside "search-and-destroy" do. You also wouldn't know that Scorch earned his nickname because he burned off his eyebrows during flamethrower training or that Fixer isn't allowed on the main computer out of fear that he'd hack the whole place during his freetime.
  • I like that on hard difficulty your enemies can deal and take more damage without feeling like they're overpowered or damage sponges. It made the tougher enemies even scarier, and I actually had to look for cover that I would have passed by in the easier difficulties. It made working with your team and making tactical decisions even more important. Except during the moments when you're alone. Now the enemies are more accurate with painful weapons, and you don't have anyone to help you if you go down.
  • Sadly, in the PC version, sound clips tend to play over each other. A lot. And you can miss great jokes and dialogue, or even mission critical information because of it.
  • The electricity attack of scav droids in general are a little to powerful. Not helping is the fact that they're tiny, blend well with the environment, and have a weak kamikaze attack that nevertheless hurt your situation.

Master of Orion 2

• The AI seems to jump between being pretty dang clever balancing their political, military, and economic goals, and catching you off guard if you're not careful, to thinking that colonizing a toxic, one population, mineral poor planet was a good idea, or that researching Xeno psycology (which theoretically make diplomacy easier, when talking to an AI) was a better choice than Alien Management Centers (which eliminate the chance of a captured alien population rebelling, as well as the moral penalty for mixed-population colonies).
  • Colony ships take way to many turns to create in the early stages of the game, which is much more noticeable considering how important they are... especially in the early stages of the game.

FTL: Faster Than Light:

• The final boss is almost to difficult for its own good, and requires quite a bit of luck to have a chance to beat it.
  • The fact that unlocking many of the ships is also luck based. Especially annoying when you screw up the requirements when you get the chance to unlocking, especially if it was due to factors outside your control.
  • It was inevitable, but some of the events do get tiring once you've seen them for the 200th time.

Can I join the club of lonely souls that can't talk to girls?

Hoo boy, here we go...

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

• The female characters get the shaft in their endings. Apparently, getting married is all they're good for. It's especially bad for poor, precious Genny. I wanted to know if she ever wrote that book she talked about or how she reacted to
her new friend / mother-figure Sonya becoming a witch.
Desert maps. Hey, at least it's not Fog of War, right?

Persona 5

• My girl Hifumi (the shogi player) isn't part of the main crew.
  • Some days just skip by without you being able to really do anything. This seems to be a "problem" with the franchise as a whole, I've heard (anyone who can confirm / deny?)
  • Did I mention that Hifumi should have been part of the main cast yet?
  • That "Will Power" (the Persona Awakening theme) isn't also the game's final boss theme. It's honestly the best battle music I've ever heard!

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2

• I could have done without the dating sim elements, since they don't change the ending at all. I know it's to be expected since that isn't what the franchise is about, but here it feels like the devs wanted to have their cake and eat it, too. It makes the ending sort of disappointing, to be honest. Note that this is NOT a complaint of "muh ship izn't canen" and more of a "this element clashes with the overarching story" kind of deal
  • The fact that you get saved at every turn. It makes the main characters look kind of weak. I do know what the intention was, but it still doesn't sit quite right with me.

Stella Glow

• The gameplay can feel slow and clunky at times.
  • The Earth Witch (not saying her name because spoilers for people who haven't played this game) becomes essentially useless by the end, since she is so slow that she won't be able to contribute much to anything compared to some of the faster characters. Her songs, while quite nice to listen to (Reddened Galaxy especially is awesome), aren't that great from a gameplay perspective, either. Which is a shame, since she is one of my favourites, both in terms of character design and personality.
Her ending is also a little on the disappointing side if you expected something more romantic like with the other Witches

7th Dragon III Code:VFD

• Your character's "canon love interest" is 14 years old. Wtf?
  • The healing skills in this game are essentially useless. It's much better to use items to heal to save MN.
  • You can't protect yourself against all status effects and there are bosses that will exploit that, so you have to cherry pick which status effects you deem as the least dangerous ones to your party (this is something I dislike and like at the same time. I like it for the added strategy, I dislike it since status effects in any RPG are just freaking annoying.)
Screw you, 2nd True Dragon ND! Screw you!

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

• The horrid, Revelation-level unit balance and availability
  • For being hailed as the strongest race, the Dragon Laguz kind of suck
  • No Ike x Mia ending

Bravely Default

• The loop can get annoying on replays. At least the final boss is worth it.
  • Some of the class outfits look a little... odd. Luckily, you can change costumes later down the line, so it's all good.
  • Black and Summon Magic are useless.

Bravely Second: End Layer

• Spell Fencer isn't an available class in this game. This has nothing to do with the female Spell Fencer outfit. Not at all. *cough*
  • Anne doesn't have more screentime and her boss fights are significantly easier than
Airy's
, which is a shame, because I feel like she should be much stronger.

Note that all of these are just nitpicks that don't put a blemish on my overall enjoyment of these games. I still love all of the above games to death.

In Ogre Battle 64 I actually miss a chunk of the micromanaging from SNES as well as being able to recruit characters from cities with different leaders. Not to mention having Chaos Frame being invisible unlike in SNES.

also the entire lack of water terrain and the fact that Ogre Battle 64 is like one of the easiest tactical games in existence.

But regardless I still love it to death.

20 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

The AI seems to jump between being pretty dang clever balancing their political, military, and economic goals, and catching you off guard if you're not careful, to thinking that colonizing a toxic, one population, mineral poor planet was a good idea, or that researching Xeno psycology (which theoretically make diplomacy easier, when talking to an AI) was a better choice than Alien Management Centers (which eliminate the chance of a captured alien population rebelling, as well as the moral penalty for mixed-population colonies).

B-but the gold from the special resources totally make a tiny toxic u-poor planet much more valuable than a large, terran, mineral rich planet!

Speaking of MoO2 (which is my favorite game of that genre), the diplomacy system is really poor from today's perspective. "Wanna do a trade agreement?" - "NO." - "Wanna do a trade agreement?" - "No." - "Wanna do a trade agreement?" - "Maybe later." - "Wanna do a trade agreement?" - "OK." (this all during one negotiation, of course)

And it's really jarring how little the different empires care about each other. The fact that you can just punch an empire that you've signed a non-aggression pact with and noone gives a shit makes diplomacy a rather choice-free game, just do all the trade deals and backstab them later.

Edited by ping

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I could have done without the dating sim elements, since they don't change the ending at all. I know it's to be expected since that isn't what the franchise is about, but here it feels like the devs wanted to have their cake and eat it, too. It makes the ending sort of disappointing, to be honest. Note that this is NOT a complaint of "muh ship izn't canen" and more of a "this element clashes with the overarching story" kind of deal

I agree with this also as it makes me like Rean a lot less when he has to be this master conversationalist that's super idealistic and does no wrong so he can get all the ladies to swoon over him. He's probably one of my least favorite main characters of all time, even worse than Corrin. I also can't see him as his own character either as the game makes him an avatar and his own character which is another "have cake and eat it too" deal. Glad to find someone else who dislikes that stuff in CS too.

6 hours ago, ping said:

And it's really jarring how little the different empires care about each other. The fact that you can just punch an empire that you've signed a non-aggression pact with and noone gives a shit makes diplomacy a rather choice-free game, just do all the trade deals and backstab them later.

Yeah, I remember quite a few games where I made friends with everyone (except the Silicons. Seriously, I find it so easy to exploit their "repulsive" trait to thus utterly crush them that I've actually developed a fear of picking the trait for myself during custom race creation, no matter how many bonuses you can get to compensate) and used the research and trade treaties to build up a nigh unstoppable fleet and then steamroll them.

Still, if there is something I do like about the AI, its that on harder difficulties, they avert the cheap "team up against the player" strategy thats usually used in 4x games. Sure, they're programmed to hate you with a burning passion from the start, but they can also step over each others toes. This means that a clever player can survive by exploiting the constant wars the AI will get into to calm relations and perhaps even make a friend. I've always found reading/watching a successful playthrough of Impossible difficulty to be fascinating.

@Hawkwing: Yeah, anti-player bias seems to be something that's hard to avoid in strategy games. For example, I really appreciate the diplomace going on in Europa Universalis IV - it's one of the few games where the AI looks for allies in a (mostly) reasonable way and the player has the same options as the AI does. But they still have some anti-player bias under the table in form of officially declared rivalries: Denmark, for example, will almost always ally Muscovy (i.e. proto Russia), but if you choose to play as Muscovy, they will very, very likely rival you instead right at the start of the game.

I agree that it's annoying, but I can still kinda understand why it's there. It's simply impossible to program an AI that will keep up with a halfway decent player, so if the AI doesn't behave aggressively against the human player, the player can usually still outgrow them (or grow to a point where he can overcome the AI by higher battle skills). This is certainly true for MoO2, especially since you can easily check the enemies' tech level do do a well-timed attack (and the AI doesn't know how to design ships anyway). Not to toot my own horn, but I used to beat Impossible quite reliably (haven't played it in quite a while though) - it's honestly not that hard if you craft yourself a decent species (Creative+Democracy OP) and make sure that have a bit of a fleet ready ASAP. It doesn't even have to be strong enough to beat the enemy, but a few cruisers will prevent backstabby friends most of the time.

10 hours ago, familyplayer said:

I agree with this also as it makes me like Rean a lot less when he has to be this master conversationalist that's super idealistic and does no wrong so he can get all the ladies to swoon over him. He's probably one of my least favorite main characters of all time, even worse than Corrin. I also can't see him as his own character either as the game makes him an avatar and his own character which is another "have cake and eat it too" deal. Glad to find someone else who dislikes that stuff in CS too.

True, he did have some Gary Stue qualities to him. I don't know if I'd call him worse than Corrin, per se, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
To be honest, I thought I was pretty alone with my opinion on the "have a cake and eat it too" deal, since I hardly ever saw / heard people talk about this.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

To be honest, I thought I was pretty alone with my opinion on the "have a cake and eat it too" deal, since I hardly ever saw / heard people talk about this.

Yeah, many people seem to overlook it as a flaw for some reason. I don't think it will ruin the series or anything, but it definitely made me like the story slightly less since a lot has to involve Rean.

18 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

7th Dragon III Code:VFD

• Your character's "canon love interest" is 14 years old. Wtf?

I actually don't really have an issue with this because i've known people in my family who have fallen in love at 1. Then there's also the fact that 7th Dragon III is a JRPG and in the world of JRPGs and anime, falling in love at the age of 14 is fairly common, as the protagonists are usually teenagers ranging from 14 to 18.

It's much better to use items to heal to save MN.

This pretty much. But then that has it's own issue since you can only carry 15 of each item for some dumb reason.

You can't protect yourself against all status effects and there are bosses that will exploit that, so you have to cherry pick which status effects you deem as the least dangerous ones to your party (this is something I dislike and like at the same time. I like it for the added strategy, I dislike it since status effects in any RPG are just freaking annoying.)

Shoutout to that one Dragon in Eden which hits you with an Instant-Death attack on like the third turn. Yeah, this whole thing regarding status effects was probably my least favorite part of the game. Especially if the entire team gets paralyzed. You can't even use items when paralyzed and when the entire team gets paralyzed, you're just fucked and the only way out of it is to pray it wears off (can it even wear off?) or just restart the battle.

54 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Yeah, many people seem to overlook it as a flaw for some reason. I don't think it will ruin the series or anything, but it definitely made me like the story slightly less since a lot has to involve Rean.

No, I don't think it'll ruin the series, either, since from what I've heard, the Crossbell games have similar issues.
I do think the dating sim stuff can work well in the grand scheme of things if the devs care enough to make it work, that is (like, give you a choice in the beginning of each game he appears in, who you selected Rean's BF / GF to be or something)

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually don't really have an issue with this because i've known people in my family who have fallen in love at 1. Then there's also the fact that 7th Dragon III is a JRPG and in the world of JRPGs and anime, falling in love at the age of 14 is fairly common, as the protagonists are usually teenagers ranging from 14 to 18.

I also don't really have a problem with it, myself. I listed it more because of the shock of finding out she was 14, since I could have sworn she was older. Looks can be deceiving, after all.
I remember falling in love very early on as well. Nothing came of it, since I was rejected, but it happened.
Also Mio is best waifu... Oh god, there's the sirens again!

This pretty much. But then that has it's own issue since you can only carry 15 of each item for some dumb reason.

The Tales series does this, too, at least in a first playthrough. I don't really get it, either. Probably so you can't abuse items? I don't know.

Shoutout to that one Dragon in Eden which hits you with an Instant-Death attack on like the third turn. Yeah, this whole thing regarding status effects was probably my least favorite part of the game. Especially if the entire team gets paralyzed. You can't even use items when paralyzed and when the entire team gets paralyzed, you're just fucked and the only way out of it is to pray it wears off (can it even wear off?) or just restart the battle.

Yeah, insta-kills are my least favourite attacks in video games. Luckily, you can buy accessories that halve instant death chances before this battle and every character can equip two accessories at once, rendering that attack completely useless (cheese strats ftw!).
Paralysis can wear off if I remember correctly, but if you're unlucky enough, you'll die beforehand. That's why I always have a Duelist or two in my backup parties. I find Petrify to be the most annoying status, since if all three party members are inflicted, it's an instant game over (shoutout to those damn giraffe-things in the final dungeon).

Are we allowed to answer the question twice? I forgot a few games that I wanted to talk about.

Anyway...

Spiderman-2:

• The first time you play the game, it's hard. The second time you play the game, its short. The third time, it's ridiculously easy since you know whats coming, and it's even shorter!
  • Web swinging is a joy in this game, and its both impressive and sad that no other game came close to matching its feel. Until you try any of the challenges, and realize that it's a pain in the butt to actually exploit this mechanic. Its fun to swing around and do a loop-de-loop by complete accident. It's not so fun to try to do so on purpose within a time limit.
  • The boat missions are such a pain with the chance to instantly fail if you mess up a jump that I actually avoided helping any citizens if I was anywhere near the water when I was younger. Also, the never once was fighting those mechs ever fun. Especially when they only appear AFTER you've beaten the game and are trying to complete everything.
  • The games plot and the original movie seem to alternate between doing certain aspects better or worse than the original. Seeing Spiderman actually fighting crime and cracking jokes (Toby Maguire embracing the wisecracking side of Spiderman works surprisingly well, and its a joy to listen to) and him not losing his powers for unexplained reasons (seriously, why was he loosing his powers in the movies) where things I wish the movies took note on. However, the way Doc Ock talks about his wife before becoming a villain makes it obvious she's going to die, while I found their relationship a bit more natural in the movies, and the train scene goes from one of the movies highlights to an anticlimactic joke in the game.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia:

• Even if I don't think the plot is by any means bad, its flaws are really obvious, and a few too many important moments feel forced. I also wish that they could have expanded upon things that the original game wanted to but couldn't due to hardware limitations, such as how Sage Halcyon could have showed the positive sides of Duma's philosophy, and I wished the "total war" part of Rudolfs plan was expanded upon.
  • As much as I like Alm, I wish his flaws were bit more relevant. I also would have liked to see his give his opinion about people thinking he would take over as king, as well as his thoughts on technically being a "broken aesop." Those would have been great opportunities to explore Alms character, and address some common complaints towards the story.
  • Contrary to popular opinion, I actually like the desert maps, even if its only because I found beating them to be cathartic (seeing any of the Grieth, or any of the bosses for that matter, bitting the dust for the trouble they gave me was worth the trouble alone). The swamp maps on the other hand...
  • I don't mind that they reused a few of gaidens more generic maps, as they weren't badly designed, just bland. However, I do wish that instead of using the same maps twice, like in gaiden, the added at least a few more original maps.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks:

• I don't mind using the microphone to play the spirit flute, but really I wish there was an option to use a button press to compensate for playing in a noisy environment. The fact that some of the songs require you to skip over notes make this problem even more obvious. Anyone who knows just how finicky the microphone on a DS knowns just how painful and frustrating these moments cam be.
  • The sidequests are a double edged sword to me. On the one hand, they're simple, you're actually given time during the plot to do so, and they bring back memories of playing with to toy trains as a kid. On the other hand, they're simple, don't offer much in terms of rewards, and don't feel very "Zelda"-like.
  • I like the bunny capturi.. I mean "rescuing,"  side quest, because you have to observe the environment to find them, which helps pass the time when getting to point A to Point B. However, why in the world am I shooting a cannon at a bunny so that I can capture them in a net, one they are obviously struggling to excape from, and giving them to some random guy asked in a bunny suit? I don't mind that you're asking me to do ridiculous things game, just give me an explanation!

As nitpicky as I can get, if I was allowed to say everything I liked about these games, we would be here all day =).

I couldn't think of anything, but Odyssey did bring to mind a major issue I have with Breath of the Wild.

Now, I love this game to pieces, but I really could do without a lot of stuff locked behind Amiibo. Odyssey allows you to get the Amiibo stuff in-game, it's just a bit more difficult to do so. If you want all of the Amiibo stuff in Breath of the Wild, you need to spend a LOT of money. More than the base game AND the DLC combined with retail prices, and even more so due to scalpers jacking up the prices in such ridiculous fashion. And the stuff you get is...really not all that worth it, aside from the Fierce Deity outfit as a way to get the ultimate attack boost really early. It makes the desire to buy some sort of amiibo editing peripheral or some NFC tags all the more desirable due to how ridiculous it is, though.

Edited by Dai

Two of my beloved titles came to mind when I could think of elements to nitpick about (is merely that because I don't mind them even with these flaws).

Persona 3:

-Why are the two most gameplay elements (lack of direct control for allies and the chance to get worked over by the Tired status (or worse, Sickness)) completely alleviated in the portable version of this game and none else?  Grrr...

(That will prove less of a problem after my securing of a fresh PC following my upcoming tax return, at the least.)

-Also, while I enjoy the BGM of Tartarus (how it literally becomes more epic as one ascends further); there are truly too many floors and splitting up is kind of dumb since again, outside the PSP port's fixes, you don't reap the full rewards from that feature (making the team hand over their yen correctly should have been addressed before the first build's release but, hindsight).

Summoner 2:

-This game was such a treat for me as it is one of the few Western-developed games I enjoy fully, but there simply isn't enough of it.  It sort of triggers my OCD that I have no idea what the true character exp lvl cap is (want to say 50 since accounts have stated people could reach at most lvl 36 and I personally never passed 33 as far as I remember).  Which is honestly silly because almost everyone completely masters their skill lists by lvl 24 and the exp required to lvl up slows to a super crawl, requiring literally over a million points post-30.

-The game is rather imbalanced but that's part of it's charm.  I kind of wish that Krobelus could be kept in the party even if the script wouldn't acknowledge him (Star Ocean 4 treatment, essentially).  I'm so salty over the loss of his super supportive Holy skill line for Yago's Fire skill line (good coverage but Maia forever bests him there anyway because of her Discipline line granting fantastic boosts to the spells); but that's just my opinion.

Ooooooh, Baldur's Gate ! I love them ! But I actually had a few things I really hate about it.

BGII and TOB are not as interesting and cool as BGI was. BGI was massive, and had a massive selection of NPC to choose, then, starting with BGII, they started reusing some ressources they used in BGI, there is much less characters, the 'world' seems so tiny compare to BGI. And let's not talk about TOB which is ridiculous.
-The Reputation is designed with the foot, no way arround it. It's crap.
-If you have female character, you want a romance, but dislike Anomes you're boned. Hope you have some mods, and even then...
-The NPCs added in the Enhanced Edition completly seems out of place compared to pretty much everything in the game. And they're not cool. Except for the Half-Orc Blackguard (BLACKGUARDGASM !). He is cool. Still out of place, but so cool. And he is interesting without going into Bioware esque... or rather Mass Effect and Dragon Age -esque weirdness of writing. And his quests...
-Speaking of Evil, well, you can't be Evil, at all, the games are clearly not done in a way that allows you to be anything than good. Try to be evil, prepare to have the game smack your fingers. The weird thing it, they sometime, rarely but sometime, did put some Evil aligment choices, which means that they thought about Evil-aligned characters, problem is, those Evil choices are most of the time, rare and hard to find. One of them about corrupting a druidic forest, but you must have low reputation to access it, and reputation is designed, with the foot, so you'll need to get behind some innocent killing, and a lot of guards before you could get that option. What's worse, that option doesn't even pay well.

On 07/11/2017 at 2:24 PM, Armagon said:

Speaking of that, now that we are talking about 7th Dragon III, my main character have the sexiext, manliest... deepest adult voice in the world. So it that make things awkward. :p
And the even more funny thing: fy haracter look fairly normal... but one of the portrait is that of an old man.

So much waifu and husbando in this game, it's actually pretty sad that you, or rather the game and it's ending, only count two of them.

On 06/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, DragonFlames said:

Stella Glow

• The gameplay can feel slow and clunky at times.
  • The Earth Witch (not saying her name because spoilers for people who haven't played this game) becomes essentially useless by the end, since she is so slow that she won't be able to contribute much to anything compared to some of the faster characters. Her songs, while quite nice to listen to (Reddened Galaxy especially is awesome), aren't that great from a gameplay perspective, either. Which is a shame, since she is one of my favourites, both in terms of character design and personality.
  Reveal hidden contents

Her ending is also a little on the disappointing side if you expected something more romantic like with the other Witches

I actually like Stella Glow, not love, but I like it. But it have one thing I can't really forgive. The dreaded plot cliche...
Poor Communication Kills, where interesting things could have been done if Hilda opened her damn mouth, and Alto actually acted like a hero, instead of the miserable anime main character that he is. By that, I mean, using his brain.
Oh and, then he hit the BSOD, he hit it hard enough to make him half-dead, because you know, anime and non-logic, and people give him crap about it, again, because in anime, you deserve to get insulted and hurt if you ever show negative emotions like sadness.

Gives me Tales of the Abyss PTSD. D:

Also, after Popo's arc, which was interesting, the plot become boring, the Sakuya's arc feel like a filler (and she is a tsundere, thus a garbade character), and even if Morte's arc is interesting... it just go like a letter at the post. And Morte is not interesting. :/
Until you hit 'the plot twist', things are pretty boring, and the plot twist is not that good.

Like I said, I like Stella Glow, not love, that's why. :p

I'll write some of my complaints with Fire Emblem games.

• Resetting in Fire Emblem is a pain. A Mila's Turnwheel-like feature should be implemented in all future Fire Emblem games
  • Continuing with Fire Emblem, I hate the difficulty spikes that can get you stuck on a chapter. I've been stuck on Awakening chapter 19-20(don't remember exactly) and I'm not exactly looking forward to grinding.